Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #421
Senior LCF Member
 
Kimmietoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 531
Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I bet it's not snowing there... unlike here!
It isn't snowing, but we did have local heavy rain, hail and tornados today. Luckily nothing too major. Our area had gravel sized hail, but some areas had it that was 3 and a half inches! Gheeze!
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member
 
sloppail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 580
Gallery: sloppail
Stats: 156.6/144.0/136 5' 3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Did a DD today...went really well, I think they are getting easier each time. This is my fifth one already !! I find my head is quite clear at work which I didnt think would happen...not sure why but in the past my head got swimmy if I didnt eat enough...must be the JUDDD magic!!

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #423
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,881
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Kim, I remember when I got so agitated when I was hungry. Ridiculous, lol, but I would stomp and scream, "I'm hungry!" I thought I couldn't survive without feeding myself...now, I find a lot of peace from realizing that I do NOT have to feed every hunger pain/signal. Naturally, my body is used to me being overweight and wants me to stay there...I shouldn't listen to it. Yes, it's JUDDD magic and I'm glad you're feeling it!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #424
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
Gallery: Pavewife
Corvettebuff,
I'm new to JUDDD but I find that if I just stick to my coffee and crystal light or water during the day, and then do a cabbage sautéed for dinner I can do my DD with ease.
Pavewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member
 
Corvettebuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Smalltown Missouri
Posts: 195
Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavewife View Post
Corvettebuff,
I'm new to JUDDD but I find that if I just stick to my coffee and crystal light or water during the day, and then do a cabbage sautéed for dinner I can do my DD with ease.
At home it won't be a problem just need some ideas to travel with. Maybe if I could find a beef jerky that wasn't too full of junk.
Corvettebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #426
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
Gallery: Pavewife
What about the protein bars? Do they do the same to your tummy?
Pavewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:00 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member
 
Lori_:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 776
Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186.5/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
I think I have been unintentionally sabotaging myself. On my DD's I've been having MCT oil & coconut oil in my coffee, but not counting the calories. Guess that was pretty stupid.

Starting today, I'll be counting 100 calories for my oil and see how that goes. I'm on week 3 and am making no progress. I love this plan and don't want to give up on it. I'll figure this out sooner or later!

Lori
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:17 AM   #428
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,836
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Corvettebuff, hardboiled eggs, fruit, raw vegetables in a ziplock bag, lots of stuff. Do you travel by car or plane? If you are in a car you can stop for a Wendy's chilli and enjoy Dawn's success. She has lost almost 120 pounds eating a Wendy's chilli most DDs.

Lori that may be what is causing your body to fight losing. Worth a try. But remember some don't lose for a few weeks. The body can be stubborn.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #429
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,398
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I think I have been unintentionally sabotaging myself. On my DD's I've been having MCT oil & coconut oil in my coffee, but not counting the calories. Guess that was pretty stupid.

Starting today, I'll be counting 100 calories for my oil and see how that goes. I'm on week 3 and am making no progress. I love this plan and don't want to give up on it. I'll figure this out sooner or later!

Lori
I must count every calorie! CO is not a freebie for me. I tried that and stalled big time! There are a few of us that definitely need to count it. Probably most of us in fact. I'm sure your losses will pick up once you take that into your daily count.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member
 
Corvettebuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Smalltown Missouri
Posts: 195
Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Corvettebuff, hardboiled eggs, fruit, raw vegetables in a ziplock bag, lots of stuff. Do you travel by car or plane? If you are in a car you can stop for a Wendy's chilli and enjoy Dawn's success. She has lost almost 120 pounds eating a Wendy's chilli most DDs.

Lori that may be what is causing your body to fight losing. Worth a try. But remember some don't lose for a few weeks. The body can be stubborn.
We travel in a two seated corvette with a dog..so room is very scarce however we do have a pretty big trunk. I could do ziplock with veggies. I guess even McDonalds without the bun would work. I panic easily but I can stick to it once I have a plan and I thought the shakes would be the ticket. Tomorrow I will give the shakes one more try and see what happens. I wonder what is in them that doesn't agree with me. I have some protein powder here I need to try it and see if that would work. Woo Hoo today I can eat and right now I can tell you I'm not even hungry. Does anyone try and do this with the IF I think that is what it is called. Where you have a small window in which you eat everyday. I wonder if that would work also along with this. Thanks for your reply. Susan
Corvettebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:49 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,430
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Kim, I remember when I got so agitated when I was hungry. Ridiculous, lol, but I would stomp and scream, "I'm hungry!" I thought I couldn't survive without feeding myself...now, I find a lot of peace from realizing that I do NOT have to feed every hunger pain/signal.


Cindy, that's a great NSV!
(NSV = non-scale victory)


to all the newbies. You're doing brilliantly!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,430
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Susan, on a DD I can go for hours without eating, if I have a hot drink (preferably a cup of English breakfast tea) whenever I feel hungry. The feeling of hunger usually goes off after about 20mins and doesn't return for hours. A flask of herb tea to sip might do it.

It might work for you to not eat during the day while you're travelling and have a sensible dinner. That could easily come in at 500 cals or less for the day.

You do need to drink plenty of fluid on DDs though!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member
 
Corvettebuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Smalltown Missouri
Posts: 195
Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Susan, on a DD I can go for hours without eating, if I have a hot drink (preferably a cup of English breakfast tea) whenever I feel hungry. The feeling of hunger usually goes off after about 20mins and doesn't return for hours. A flask of herb tea to sip might do it.

It might work for you to not eat during the day while you're travelling and have a sensible dinner. That could easily come in at 500 cals or less for the day.

You do need to drink plenty of fluid on DDs though!
Thanks that may just work. the worst is hubby snacking in the car. I do drink alot of water. Guess I will just stick my nose in my kindle if he goes to snacking. I can do this I just have to learn to plan ahead and not panic. Heaven forbid if I don't get something to eat..lol
Corvettebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #434
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,836
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hey, that is your car too! And the snacking is doing him no favours unless he can learn to love carrots. Remove aforementioned snacks and tell him how much good it is doing him and his teeth.

I often find I am doing IF but I don't do it intentionally, I really don't want too many 'rules' in my life. I think one step at a time is the way to go.

That is why I am so happy to have found JUDDD. After following Atkins for over 10 years, and doing pretty well, maintaining most of that time, I love that no food on the planet is forbidden me. I want to see out my days being slim, healthy and 'normal'. I don't want to have to constantly ask for special food or check my watch to see when I can eat.

I love the straightforwardness of the rotations and, now that I have moved to 5:2,life is amazingly simple.
__________________
Cindy

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member
 
Corvettebuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Smalltown Missouri
Posts: 195
Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hey, that is your car too! And the snacking is doing him no favours unless he can learn to love carrots. Remove aforementioned snacks and tell him how much good it is doing him and his teeth.

I often find I am doing IF but I don't do it intentionally, I really don't want too many 'rules' in my life. I think one step at a time is the way to go.

That is why I am so happy to have found JUDDD. After following Atkins for over 10 years, and doing pretty well, maintaining most of that time, I love that no food on the planet is forbidden me. I want to see out my days being slim, healthy and 'normal'. I don't want to have to constantly ask for special food or check my watch to see when I can eat.

I love the straightforwardness of the rotations and, now that I have moved to 5:2,life is amazingly simple.
Thanks I'm not sure he is into carrots..lol This lifestyle seems so much easier to me than most. However I can tell you I went to LC because counting carbs was easier than calories. But I suppose if you do it long enough you know in your head pretty much what they are kind of like the carbs. At least your favorite things.Thanks again!
Corvettebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
I was thinking celery sticks and lite popcorn for the car trips Corvettebugg! You can get a lot of lite popcorn for 100 calories. And then thermos of coffee or other no cal/low cal drinks . Hot drinks and cold drinks, for variety. And obviously some good CDs for 'car dancing'!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sirtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,714
Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Hi, I'm new to this thread. Just finished my 7th DD. The first 5 were fasting, I just went to 20% these last two times, and I found it really difficult. I'm not used to counting calories(I do low-carb primal), and since I am having to get in a serving of yogurt every day (per doctor's recommendation for a temporary condition- she also wants me to eat every day, and not fast) I am struggling. Yesterday I had yogurt/ sauerkraut + 1/3 bratwurst/more yogurt with an artichoke. The yogurt takes up 330 of my 420 calories.

I know it will get easier, but does anyone have helpful words as to how LONG before it gets easier?
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #438
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,429
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sirtain, everyone is so different, it's hard to say. For me, it began getting easier after a couple of weeks, but took a full couple of months to get really comfortable. Now, I love the empty feeling I have on DDs, and once you find the foods that help you lose AND make you feel satisfied, you'll get that lovely JUDDD calm you hear about. If you can be patient and wait it out, you'll be surprised one day to realize how easy you DDs are getting. It kinda sneaks up on you!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #439
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,836
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Gluc or psyllium with lots of water to fill you up.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member
 
LowCarbAndrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern California
Posts: 92
Gallery: LowCarbAndrea
Stats: 253.6/253.6/165
I am considering moving over to JUDDD from CAD. I have only been doing CAD for three weeks, but the results are not happening. I had lost 5.7, but that number on any given day is really only 1-2 pounds, due to weight fluctuations that are going nonstop. I hit a one time low in the beginning and now I can't get back down to it.

The only thing I am really after is a feeling of satisfaction ( along with weight loss). Is that too much to ask? =)
LowCarbAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,598
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
I am considering moving over to JUDDD from CAD. I have only been doing CAD for three weeks, but the results are not happening. I had lost 5.7, but that number on any given day is really only 1-2 pounds, due to weight fluctuations that are going nonstop. I hit a one time low in the beginning and now I can't get back down to it.

The only thing I am really after is a feeling of satisfaction ( along with weight loss). Is that too much to ask? =)
Hi Andrea,
There are many who have had great success on JUDDD. I'd recommend spending some time reading the sticky threads, along with the newbie chat threads as you'll find a lot of answers to questions...including some you never knew you had.
You may find, coming from low carb, that you have an initial weight gain. In some thread in the past I explained why that was and now I can't remember where I wrote that - maybe someone else does and I'll look for it again. Also, there are many friends who don't lose much in their first week or two, additionally you'll find our long term JBs will tell you that JUDDD isn't the fastest way to lose so if you're hoping for fast results this may not be the plan for you. Additionally, you'll see the scale bounce as the weight loss is not linear. Carly wrote a thread called "The Daily Bounce Doesn't Rock My World (Anymore)" which you should be able to find in the first page or 2 of threads which talks about the bounce. You'll also be able to see the JUDDD BUDD bounces in the daily weight threads.
Having said all that, I absolutely LOVE JUDDD and would love to have you join us. I'm not telling you discourage you - on the contrary I hope to inspire you to join us in a sustainable, sane lifestyle change that will result in slow, steady weight loss without you feeling deprived...weight you can KEEP OFF! But you'll need to know it isn't instant, there are many other benefits to JUDDD aside from just the weight loss and you may not see the scale move in the way you're hoping initially but you WILL see the benefits in other ways. My point - stick with it and you'll be incredibly pleased. Don't give up on yourself or JUDDD!
Please ask questions, take time to read and see if you think this is the way for you. Many JBs do low carb as well so you can stick with that or decide to add carbs back in.
A huge, gigantic welcome to you!
__________________

*****************************************
My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #442
Major LCF Poster!
 
BaileysGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,633
Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
I'm frustrated! I have done perfect rotation since January 12th with only 1 unexpected MD. I have only went over on my UD maybe 10 times or less in 3 months and it was never more than a couple of hundred calories when I did. I have done 500-600 DD for the first month and a half. Then moved down to 400 but in March for the past 2 weeks have done 380 which is the calculator #. I am averaging 1250 cals/day one week and 1030 cals/day the next week. I added in exercise and was back and forth no loss for a couple of weeks but thought it was temporary. I'm getting discouraged! I feel like I'm doing this and not much is happening. Any suggestions? The calculator # for me right now are 1961/392 and I've been doing 1900/380 for some reason that popped in the calculator maybe a few pounds ago.

Sidenote: I have not done the elliptical this week and am going to wait to do it maybe in April to see if anything happens. So now of course this will be the first time I will do 2 UD in a row over Easter weekend. I'm certain that will sabatoge my March numbers even more!
__________________
Lost on Juddd: 12
UD 1900/DD 400


Natasha


Last edited by BaileysGirl; 03-19-2013 at 09:48 AM..
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,598
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
I'm frustrated! I have done perfect rotation since January 12th with only 1 unexpected MD.

Sidenote: I have not done the elliptical this week and am going to wait to do it maybe in April to see if anything happens. So now of course this will be the first time I will do 2 UD in a row over Easter weekend. I'm certain that will sabatoge my March numbers even more!
Natasha,
Are you tracking your progress with anything other than the scale? Clothes fit? Measurements?
There is so much going on with JUDDD, especially when you add toning/exercise that the scale might not reflect your progress. Fat being lost but muscle building may equal a net 0 pounds lost on the scale. Especially when you add in the water your muscles will retain as part of their healing/building process.
I recently started running again to train for a summer marathon. I expect I'll see a stall in the scale but more NSVs.
Hang in there sweetie!! We'll get this figured out for you!!
Jen
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!
 
BaileysGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,633
Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Jen - Thanks! Well I have noticed that my pants are a little looser in the waist but over 2+ months they should be! LOL I guess I need to take some measurements in the morning. My waist is really hard to get the fat off of. I really want to start working out regularly in April. I am not going to give up I just want to see some results!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,598
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
Jen - Thanks! Well I have noticed that my pants are a little looser in the waist but over 2+ months they should be! LOL I guess I need to take some measurements in the morning. My waist is really hard to get the fat off of. I really want to start working out regularly in April. I am not going to give up I just want to see some results!
Ug, me too on the waist - I carry ALL my weight in the middle - waist, "pooch" and hips/butt. No matter how heavy I've been, my arms & legs from midthigh down have always been "normal". Easier to "hide" it but frustrating to get it off!

I'd say go for it at the gym & know you'll likely see a stall on the scale. But since muscle has a higher metabolic rate than fat, the more muscle you put on the higher your BMR will be, so the more you'll burn simply by being you!

Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #446
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,429
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Andrea! Weight loss pllus satisfaction is what you ask for? Well, you've found it! JUDDD really does offer both. Not every moment will be satisfied, but a really good chunk of your time will feel that way. DDs get easier and easier. And just for a teaser, I had a good DD yesterday with 405 calories, and today I haven't had a calorie yet at 10:40 am - I'm just about to have my coffee. This is due to a busy morning, but also, I haven't felt hungry at all. Your appetite will completely transform into something you don't recognize, over time. Good luck!

Natasha, I know how you're feeling! I'm stuck right now too, and doing everything pretty much right, as far as I can tell. I also added in exercise, so I really wonder if that takes our bodies more time than we expect to get used to that. I don't want to stop, because I'm seeing a lot of firming. It's just frustrating on the scales! Let's hang tough together and get through this non-losing spell. I'll bet we'll both get nice big whooshes sometime real soon!
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #447
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,398
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettebuff View Post
We travel in a two seated corvette with a dog..so room is very scarce however we do have a pretty big trunk. I could do ziplock with veggies. I guess even McDonalds without the bun would work. I panic easily but I can stick to it once I have a plan and I thought the shakes would be the ticket. Tomorrow I will give the shakes one more try and see what happens. I wonder what is in them that doesn't agree with me. I have some protein powder here I need to try it and see if that would work. Woo Hoo today I can eat and right now I can tell you I'm not even hungry. Does anyone try and do this with the IF I think that is what it is called. Where you have a small window in which you eat everyday. I wonder if that would work also along with this. Thanks for your reply. Susan
I often eat in a fast 5 style, but that is what I naturally gravitate to. I'm not usually interested in food before 7pm. I agree with what Cindy said below. I like my life with out a ton of rules and restrictions so I never force myself to do Fast 5. It often happenes, but if I want lunch... I eat lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I often find I am doing IF but I don't do it intentionally, I really don't want too many 'rules' in my life. I think one step at a time is the way to go.

That is why I am so happy to have found JUDDD. After following Atkins for over 10 years, and doing pretty well, maintaining most of that time, I love that no food on the planet is forbidden me. I want to see out my days being slim, healthy and 'normal'. I don't want to have to constantly ask for special food or check my watch to see when I can eat.

I love the straightforwardness of the rotations and, now that I have moved to 5:2,life is amazingly simple.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Hi, I'm new to this thread. Just finished my 7th DD. The first 5 were fasting, I just went to 20% these last two times, and I found it really difficult. I'm not used to counting calories(I do low-carb primal), and since I am having to get in a serving of yogurt every day (per doctor's recommendation for a temporary condition- she also wants me to eat every day, and not fast) I am struggling. Yesterday I had yogurt/ sauerkraut + 1/3 bratwurst/more yogurt with an artichoke. The yogurt takes up 330 of my 420 calories.

I know it will get easier, but does anyone have helpful words as to how LONG before it gets easier?
Is this a special yogurt? I have yogurt that is 80 calories or at the very most 160. Do you have to eat a yogurt that has 330 calories? But, yes, DDs get much, much, easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
I am considering moving over to JUDDD from CAD. I have only been doing CAD for three weeks, but the results are not happening. I had lost 5.7, but that number on any given day is really only 1-2 pounds, due to weight fluctuations that are going nonstop. I hit a one time low in the beginning and now I can't get back down to it.

The only thing I am really after is a feeling of satisfaction ( along with weight loss). Is that too much to ask? =)
I've felt very satisfied and never deprived a day on JUDDD! Hope you join us!
__________________
<---- Before Carly
10.0 lbs lost on LC/low cal. (2/21/12-3/27/12)
65.8 lbs lost on JUDDD (3/28/12- 4/18/13)
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #448
Senior LCF Member
 
vickismc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: So California
Posts: 167
Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Hi all - I have meant to get back here and thank all of you for the most amazing welcome messages I had received. Please accept my belated THANK YOU!

Today marks one week on JUDDD and I've lost 4.5lbs. I am happy with that and hope to lose at least 1lb a week until July I should reach my goal of losing
15-20lbs. I am finding the DD are actually something I look forward to! The first two DD's I had a slight headache but those are gone and I love the flatter stomach (not flat but flatter) the following morning! I'm trying to fast mostly on the DD's but around 5pm I am so hungry that I have been eating a boiled egg and it's amazing how that stops the hunger, I have coffee and cream, a shake and then the egg.

I've been averaging about 300 with my calculated number being 340. I am working on eating all of my cals on the UD now too although the calculator says 1699 and I usually end up at about 1600.

I need to get back to working out, I've been a bit unmotivated lately but I need to start running again for a 10k in Aug and I want to tone up my arms before the wedding. Just need to find that MOTIVATION!!

Welcome to all of the newbies as I am one myself. If this works and I am keeping positive thoughts that it will, I am going to this WOE!
vickismc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #449
Senior LCF Member
 
sloppail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 580
Gallery: sloppail
Stats: 156.6/144.0/136 5' 3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Hi JUDDD buds!! This morning I saw a new low on the scale... 136.6!! My goal was 136 so I'm just going to keep motoring along and see where this takes me. TBH I didn't think I would get to my goal so easily or quickly ( I had 9 pounds to lose to get there) and I anticipated it would be harder for me to do since LC took me a long time with many fall off wagon moments. Anyways, feeling good today, not wanting to come across as braggy, just happy

Everyone that's struggling, hang in there! This does work . You guys are shrinking in inches Ill bet

Kim
__________________
If it's going to be, it's up to me!
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #450
Senior LCF Member
 
vickismc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: So California
Posts: 167
Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Woohoo, Kim! Way to go!
vickismc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.