Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #361
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
tskb, so sorry for your losses. Take care of yourself and JUDDD will be here when you're ready.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Sherri, I'm so so sorry. Take care of yourself hon I am sorry for your loss
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #363
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potaty View Post
I did not see anything in the book regarding breastfeeding, so I would love to hear some input from the JBs. I am nursing my (almost) 14 month old son. He nurses on demand, frequently throughout the day and quite a bit at night. My UD calories came in at 2044 with choosing little to no exercise.

Yesterday, I ate my calories and was hungry all night long. I kept waking thinking about how starving I was. Today's DD was tolerable, but I was hungry all day long again and ended up at about 600 cals. Nursing a newborn burns approximately 500 calories per day, but I don't know if that number goes down as the baby gets older or not (like if your body starts to adjust to it and no longer requires that much to produce the milk). Should I re-calculate with adding light exercise or is this normal and I just need to keep going at current levels and once the SIRT1 kicks in I will feel more satisfied?
I have no clue about BF and JUDDD, but my gut says it's not really a great idea. The DDs may effect your ability to make enough/ nutient dense milk. I have no idea, but I would speak with a medical professional for sure. You don't want to harm your baby or youself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
This has been another bad month for me. If I told you I know you wouldn't believe me but I have had another friend pass away from breast cancer! This will make 6 funerals since February 15th! (BF's best friends mom also passed last week) So I need a restart button! I have not been able to stick to my DD at all so have tried to be best as possible but just failed miserably! But I am here for my confession and asking for a start over! I mentally need to get back to the basics but I feel so unfocused! Here I go again.....
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Hello I am a newbie. Wasn’t sure if I should post this under the Newbie sticky or on the Newbie March thread, so here I am.

I am coming from HCG maintenance like a few of the others. I lost 40lbs on HCG with one long round and one short round from May – Sept 2012. I still have 20lbs to lose to be where I’d really like to be as I am getting married in July. I was maintaining really well until Jan. and then I went up a few pounds and am now 2.5lbs over my set weight.

In Feb. I decided I really needed to get serious if I am going to lose these 20lbs before July! I usually do well on just LC but I am having a rough time of it and seem to be gaining and losing the same 4 darn pounds. I will only go back to HCG as a last resort but the thought of eating chicken and fish makes me nauseous!

I saw this WOE and thought it might be a good option me. I figured I really only need to lose 5-6 lbs. a month and I am willing to go with slower weight loss but I would like to be downward instead of playing with the same 4lbs.

I started with a DD on Tues. and lost 2.4lbs. and ate right around the recommended calories from the calculator of 339 cals. It wasn't too bad, I'd rather eat almost nothing than plain chicken breast. Yesterday was my UP and I kept it to around 1400 cals even though the calculator says my upper limit is 1694 cals sticking with LC for now. I am on my second DD and I’ve only had coffee and water so far and I am trying to just drinks shakes to be sure that I am accurately keeping my cals to 340 or lower.

A couple of quick questions, is it okay not to eat all of the calories on either days? And how do you all do with exercise? I usually try to do some type of cardio 3 -4 times a week but have lost my motivation the past month and want to get back to working out.

I look forward to learning more about you all and this WOE.

Vicki

Last edited by vickismc; 03-14-2013 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: spelling!
vickismc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #365
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Vicki! Well, you certainly have an exciting reason to lose those last 20 pounds, and I'm sure you'll be able to do it.

First, I would definitely encourage you to eat ALL your UD calories. You can limit your DD as much as you want. It's the wide swing in calories day to day that cause what we call the JUDDD magic to happen. Lots of us stall when we aren't eating enough on our UDs - crazy I know! But it's true.

I'll leave it to others to chime in on the exercise. I don't do cardio right now, I'm just toning with Callanetics. But lots and lots here do some pretty intense workouts and seem to do just fine.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing! Feel free to join in on any of the JUDDD threads - we love new friends!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farm Gal
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickismc View Post
Hello I am a newbie. Wasn’t sure if I should post this under the Newbie sticky or on the Newbie March thread, so here I am.

I am coming from HCG maintenance like a few of the others. I lost 40lbs on HCG with one long round and one short round from May – Sept 2012. I still have 20lbs to lose to be where I’d really like to be as I am getting married in July. I was maintaining really well until Jan. and then I went up a few pounds and am now 2.5lbs over my set weight.

In Feb. I decided I really needed to get serious if I am going to lose these 20lbs before July! I usually do well on just LC but I am having a rough time of it and seem to be gaining and losing the same 4 darn pounds. I will only go back to HCG as a last resort but the thought of eating chicken and fish makes me nauseous!

I saw this WOE and thought it might be a good option me. I figured I really only need to lose 5-6 lbs. a month and I am willing to go with slower weight loss but I would like to be downward instead of playing with the same 4lbs.

I started with a DD on Tues. and lost 2.4lbs. and ate right around the recommended calories from the calculator of 339 cals. It wasn't too bad, I'd rather eat almost nothing than plain chicken breaskt. Yesterday was my UP and I kept it to around 1400 cals even though the calculator says my upper limit is 1694 cals sticking with LC for now. I am on my second UD and I’ve only had coffee and water so far and I am trying to just drinks shakes to be sure that I am accurately keeping my cals to 340 or lower.

A couple of quick questions, is it okay not to eat all of the calories on either days? And how do you all do with exercise? I usually try to do some type of cardio 3 -4 times a week but have lost my motivation the past month and want to get back to working out.

Vicki
Vicki- More seasoned JB's should chime in -but here's my 2 cents-Up days you should try to come as close as you can to your number. Down days I don't think it matters if you go below your number-some have even had complete fast days. Glad you joined us!

Last edited by Farm Gal; 03-14-2013 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: Can't spell!!!!
Farm Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Welcome Vicki!!

I'm a newbie as well, so I don't have much experience so far. I love this WOE and am still settling in to the UD's. There are lots of supportive people here, so I'm sure they'll be along shortly to answer your questions.

I do a strenuous boot camp workout 3-4 times a week and have had no trouble even on DD's. Of course, I do it at 5:45AM! Not sure how it would go if I tried to do it in the afternoon of a DD.

Good luck and congrats on your upcoming marriage.

Lori
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #368
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Vicki and welcome to JUDDD. How exciting to be getting married in July, you already look lovely in your photo.

Yes, do try to get in all your UD calories as it is that gap between the UDs and DDs that gets the Sirtuin moving.

As you have read, most people have no problem exercising on their DDs. I am 65 and I don't worry about exercising quite vigorously on an empty stomach. Some of our runners love running on a DD.

You are doing well already and I am sure you will love JUDDD.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #369
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickismc View Post

I started with a DD on Tues. and lost 2.4lbs. and ate right around the recommended calories from the calculator of 339 cals. It wasn't too bad, I'd rather eat almost nothing than plain chicken breast. Yesterday was my UP and I kept it to around 1400 cals even though the calculator says my upper limit is 1694 cals sticking with LC for now. I am on my second DD and I’ve only had coffee and water so far and I am trying to just drinks shakes to be sure that I am accurately keeping my cals to 340 or lower.

Vicki
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Welcome Vicki.
I've lost 20lbs since September using just JUDDD. I'm 60 years old and do not exercise at all, so this should be a breeze for you!
I second the advice about trying to eat all your UD cals but it's ok to do less on your DDs if you like.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Vicki! Well, you certainly have an exciting reason to lose those last 20 pounds, and I'm sure you'll be able to do it.

First, I would definitely encourage you to eat ALL your UD calories. You can limit your DD as much as you want. It's the wide swing in calories day to day that cause what we call the JUDDD magic to happen. Lots of us stall when we aren't eating enough on our UDs - crazy I know! But it's true.

I'll leave it to others to chime in on the exercise. I don't do cardio right now, I'm just toning with Callanetics. But lots and lots here do some pretty intense workouts and seem to do just fine.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing! Feel free to join in on any of the JUDDD threads - we love new friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Gal View Post
Vicki- More seasoned JB's should chime in -but here's my 2 cents-Up days you should try to come as close as you can to your number. Down days I don't think it matters if you go below your number-some have even had complete fast days. Glad you joined us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Welcome Vicki!!

I'm a newbie as well, so I don't have much experience so far. I love this WOE and am still settling in to the UD's. There are lots of supportive people here, so I'm sure they'll be along shortly to answer your questions.

I do a strenuous boot camp workout 3-4 times a week and have had no trouble even on DD's. Of course, I do it at 5:45AM! Not sure how it would go if I tried to do it in the afternoon of a DD.

Good luck and congrats on your upcoming marriage.

Lori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hi Vicki and welcome to JUDDD. How exciting to be getting married in July, you already look lovely in your photo.

Yes, do try to get in all your UD calories as it is that gap between the UDs and DDs that gets the Sirtuin moving.

As you have read, most people have no problem exercising on their DDs. I am 65 and I don't worry about exercising quite vigorously on an empty stomach. Some of our runners love running on a DD.

You are doing well already and I am sure you will love JUDDD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Welcome Vicki.
I've lost 20lbs since September using just JUDDD. I'm 60 years old and do not exercise at all, so this should be a breeze for you!
I second the advice about trying to eat all your UD cals but it's ok to do less on your DDs if you like.
Thank you all for the warm welcome! It does seem like a lot of calories for the UD but I will give it a go tomorrow!

I'm glad that exercise does not seem to produce negative results. With HCG exercise was discouraged during the initial weight loss. I signed up for a 10k at Disneyland in late August so I really need to start running because I've only ever partcipated in 5k's. I'm planning to start running next week. You all can keep me accountable!

In the meantime I'm planning the wedding which should be stressful but it's not really. This is the second marriage for both of us and we are keeping it simple and small...he proposed at the top of the Eiffel Tower in Oct....that trip was the reason I did HGC to lose and now I have a new reason to motivate me.

I find it more difficult each year to lose weight. I just turned 51 but I see many of you are in my age range and have done well with JUDDD so I'm hopeful this will be my last 'diet'.

Thank you all again and I look forward to becoming a part of this helpfu and inviting group.
vickismc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #372
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki! I'm sure you will love JUDDD and definitely try to eat those UD calories. They will go down as you get to goal and you want to keep your metabolism stoked. I think I can get away with eating more than my 1580 since I tried to eat all my UD calories back when they were 1900+
Old 03-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed

I think you'll be very happy in JUDDD-land!
It really is more a WOL than WOE!
Yes, definitely try to hit your UD cals. Its ok if you are lower on your DDs - try to view that as an upper limit but you can be under. However you really should aim to hit your UDs, or you'll be stalling the onset of the lovely JUDDD magic.
There are lots of ideas floating around for calorie dense items you can use to treat yourself on your UDs that will help you hit your calorie goal:
dark chocolate, nuts (my favorite - pecans!), coconut oil/butter (used for cooking, example) - there are more ideas but they're escaping me at the moment. Or, go to McDonalds & have a hamburger. Or go to a bakery & have an eclair! JUDDD doesn't care as long as you hit your numbers.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Vicki! You'll do great here, I'm sure!

Today my DH & I are celebrating our 26 wedding anniversary! He's my second & final DH! I am 63 & have lost 38 pounds since September with JUDDD. If this WOE can work for me, it can work for you, too!

Top of the Eiffel tower?? How romantic!! He sounds like a real "keeper"!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Happy Anniversary, Sheri.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Happy Anniversary, Sheri.
Thank you!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #377
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Shari, I hope you had a wonderful anniversary! I know you have a wonderful husband!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:58 AM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Shari, I hope you had a wonderful anniversary! I know you have a wonderful husband!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary Shari!

Lori
Old 03-15-2013, 05:13 AM   #380

Happy Anniversary dear friend. He is lucky to have you, and I know he must be a very special man.

Yup, as the song says, 'love is lovelier, the second time around'.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Today my DH & I are celebrating our 26 wedding anniversary!
Many congratulations to you both Have a lovely day.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shepheka
Stats: 130/118/110
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: April 4,2014
Welcome Vicki! I too am a newbie so I don't want to give any advice as I am still learning and adjusting. What I can tell you is that everyone here is so helpful and supportive! It really does make all the difference.
Nobody bullies here, no know-it-all's. Just a really great group of people who all have the same issues that we have and they are willing to share their personal stories and what worked for them.
You have already come so far, I'm sure this will be a breeze for you.
shepheka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Happy Anniversary Shari!!

TSKB I am so sorry for your losses We are here for you...

Welcome Vicki!! I am a newbie here too, and I am loving this way of eating!! This is my 6th day in, started w a DD and weighed myself this morning...in 6 days I have lost 7.8 pounds!! Considering my goal is 136...I'm almost there already For me the maintainance is the hard part...I know this is something I can do long term

Have a great day all!!

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Happy Anniversary Shari! Have a great time.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Awwwwwww.....you all are the best!! Thank you for all of the well wishes! I'm a lucky gal to have so many friends!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
Vicki!! Congrats on your impending nuptials!! Ditto what was said above. I am a newbie, but I have read tons of old threads. I remember recently that one JUDDD BUDDD (Flutter, I believe) was stalling after lowering her UD calories and very frustrated. On the advice of the other JB's she increased her UD calories back to the previous number before the stall. IIRC she has started losing again and the stall is over! Lots of great advice to be found on this board!!

Happy Anniversary Shari!

Great losses, Pail!
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Vicki,'and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!!

Happy belated anniversary Shari
Old 03-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Disappointing weigh in once again. After a great DD, the scale is at the same number it was at last Saturday. I'm getting VERY discouraged. I had a MD on Wednesday and an UD on Thursday, a DD yesterday. I have to get a handle on this cause I'm doing something wrong. I'm maintaining like a champ, but I still have a lot to lose!

Oh well...an UD today and come tomorrow morning I'll be back to fasting. I think I'm going to have to experiment with my calories and find my "sweet" spot. Thanks for listening to my whining.

Lori
Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

You're not whining Lori I hope you find your sweet spot soon.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:58 AM   #390

MD are a pain Lori, but keep on keeping on and I am sure you will see a drop zoo. You are counting your calories aren't you? Always feel you can come and vent here. We are here to offer any help.