Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/235/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 8/2014
hey Sher,
I just read that he made 90,000 for being on the show, plus the ring, and now a wedding and that he is also going to announce he is on dancing with the stars....wow
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Wow, no wonder they can so readily quit their jobs. Now they will probably have a reality show called "Sean and Catherine getting married" lol
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

True,,,

I can only imagine what they will make having the wedding on abc....
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood2013 View Post
I'm a newbie here. I have been reading as much as I can over the past week and I'm awaiting the arrival of my book but really want to get started ASAP.

I'm currently in HCG Maintenance. I have a few pounds left to lose but don't want to do another round so I figured I would try to get them off using this WOE. While I've enjoyed my HCG journey immensely, I'm finding myself becoming more and more obsessed with every little bite of food I put in my mouth. I'm constantly worried that I'm going to screw up my weightloss even though I've maintained my weight for over 6 months now. And quite honestly I'm tired of putting so many restrictions on what I eat. I just want to occassionally eat pizza or mexican food, etc. without the guilt and enormous gain - is that possible with JUDDD?

I have developed a horrible obsession with food in that I think about it constantly, as in almost every waking moment, and I'm always at battle in my mind with what I WANT to eat versus what I CAN eat. JUDDD seems to offer the flexibility to eat what I WANT within reason. Is that true?

My biggest fear in beginning a new WOE is that I will mess up my HCG stability. Has anyone here converted from HCG maintenance over to JUDDD successfully?

My last thought and question for now is what 'Restriction' level should I begin with in order to lose the last 5 or so pounds? But do I first begin with the 2 week induction phase?

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here
I don't know about coming from HCG, so someone else will have to chime in there.
But, I do think this WOE will free you up from your food obsession. Since you only have 5 pounds to los e, you may not be in weight loss mode for very long, and you probably need to be in it for 2 weeks to get all the benefits from this WOE. Google juddd calculator to get your daily calorie allowance if you haven't already. Since you don't have too much to lose, you might want to do the 30% weight loss mode on the calculator.
Your loss won't be nearly as fast as hcg, but you will be able to eat pieces of pizza, enchiladas, or whatever you want on your UD. Just be sure not to go too wild!lol.
You can use juddd for maintenance for the rest of your life, it's very doable.
Good luck, and welcome!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

True,,

not sure they had to put too much on hold, think he owned his own company and she was a designer for amazon.com and a food blogger...vegan lol

I can only imagine what they will make having the wedding on abc....[/QUOTE]
Old 03-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
True,,,

I can only imagine what they will make having the wedding on abc....
I don't know how they can plan a wedding during this time, are they really going to know each other without having any real life experiences. Weird!
Remember Jake pevelka on DWTS? Lol

ETA-i wasn't a Jake fan

Last edited by hot-in-texas; 03-11-2013 at 08:18 PM..
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

very weird.....but i bet they themselves dont even plan much....did u hear her say on show she would not live with him, but had to be married first...then tonight said her bags were packed to be there...hmmmm lol

oh yeah jake and his blonde barbie lol
Old 03-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Lol! Good call!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
I'm a newbie here. I have been reading as much as I can over the past week and I'm awaiting the arrival of my book but really want to get started ASAP.

I'm currently in HCG Maintenance. I have a few pounds left to lose but don't want to do another round so I figured I would try to get them off using this WOE. While I've enjoyed my HCG journey immensely, I'm finding myself becoming more and more obsessed with every little bite of food I put in my mouth. I'm constantly worried that I'm going to screw up my weightloss even though I've maintained my weight for over 6 months now. And quite honestly I'm tired of putting so many restrictions on what I eat. I just want to occassionally eat pizza or mexican food, etc. without the guilt and enormous gain - is that possible with JUDDD?

I have developed a horrible obsession with food in that I think about it constantly, as in almost every waking moment, and I'm always at battle in my mind with what I WANT to eat versus what I CAN eat. JUDDD seems to offer the flexibility to eat what I WANT within reason. Is that true?

My biggest fear in beginning a new WOE is that I will mess up my HCG stability. Has anyone here converted from HCG maintenance over to JUDDD successfully?

My last thought and question for now is what 'Restriction' level should I begin with in order to lose the last 5 or so pounds? But do I first begin with the 2 week induction phase?

I did come here from HCG. I found I maintained really well in Phase 3 but in Phase 4 the weight started creeping back on even though I stuck to a P3 type foods. HCG is wonderful in the short-term but its not a long term protocol and I couldn't face another HCG round and the limited food - seriously I cannot eat white fish or chicken breast anymore. I had to do something so I came to JUDD. I lost 7lbs quickly and stopped craving meat/fat - I started to crave greek yoghurt and fruit, which was great as I have avoided fruit, except apples whilst in HCG maintenance. I haven't added in any starches however, but that is just me as I spent a long time eliminating certain foods to the point that I don't even want them, so I just don't add them into JUDDD. Many JUDDDers here though do eat starch/carbs on their UD's without any problems.

Trouble is I eat too many foods now on UD, so I am maintaining at this stage - which is fine by me as long as I don't gain. However I need to disclose to you that I also am obsessed with food - far more so now than my maintenance days, because I tend to overeat on the UD's and feel bad and then DD's I'm thinking about what I will eat on UD's - but that is just me. I don't know about you but I ate heaps and heaps of meat/fat on P3 without gaining. I can't do this now on JUDDD as it's about the calories. I think as long as you can keep you calories at the recommended level on your UD's you will be fine. If you treat the UD's as normal maintenance days it will be OK. If I can get my head round eating normally on UD's I too will start losing again.

My induction phase calories numbers were the ones that were 20% without exercise on the JUDDD online calculator and that worked in getting 7lbs off quickly.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Felina
Stats: 250/125/120
WOE: Atkins! HCG
Start Date: 7/3/11 Atkins, 12/11/11 hhcg, rxhcg
Just like Lifeisgood, I came over here during maintenance on HCG. Since starting JUDDD on 2/26, I haven't gone out of my HCG maintenance window. I am actually one lb below.

I'm still scared to death of adding in carbs so both UD's and DD's are low carb for now. I'd like to be able to take a chance with some different foods on my UD's but I'm just not ready to take that plunge yet.

If I can get the average 1 lb a week from JUDDD I will be happy with that. I have about 20 lbs to go until I'm at goal, so hopefully in six months time I will be there. Here's hoping for the best...
Felina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:58 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good Morning!

Took the plunge and weighed after an UD. "Only" up a pound, so not too bad. I'm sure that one and hopefully one of its friends will be gone by tomorrow.

Glad today is a DD. Isn't it funny how you get to look forward to not eating?

I'm up early to head to boot camp. I haven't been there since last Thursday and I'm sure today will be tough. Our trainer has been at a seminar and he'll probably have all kinds of new methods of torture!

Have a good day everyone!

Lori
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:37 AM   #342
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
7 pounds is a spectacular loss Stacy. Great job, all that planning paid off.

Hi Lifeisgood, and welcome. I hope JUDDD helps you to stop obsessing about food. I have no experience with HCG but you have had some good answers already.

You'll be fine Felina, deep breaths, lol.

Lori, well done, the scale, she bounces.

Last edited by Kissa; 03-12-2013 at 03:38 AM..
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hi Gals! I'm tired of going back and forth with the same weight since March 2nd! It's been UP and DOWN! I had troubles w/ bernice last week. I also added in elliptical workouts last week. Hoping everything syncs up and I get below 190! My goal for March is 185 but at this point if I can get to 189 or 188 and stay there I'd be happy! LOL It's more important to not go over on DD calories, correct? And why is this? Refresh my memory someone!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #344
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
If found that low DDs were more important than the occasional UD that goes over, but niether should go over too often for steady weight loss IMHO.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
LOL It's more important to not go over on DD calories, correct? And why is this? Refresh my memory someone!
You need the swing between the UDs and the DDs. If you raise your DDs, you're not getting the swing, you're not activating the SIRTs and you're raising your daily average calories too high.

Check out the threads about the potato down days. Or the potato hacks for recipes. I find my DDs to be an absolute breeze when I incorporate the theories of the potato hack. Because, among other things, potatoes are incredibly satisfying and filling! My 3 favorites are potato soup made in a chicken broth base, a "baked" russet potato (in the microwave) with some salt, chicken broth and A-1 or "baked" yukon golds (again, in the microwave) with salt & A-1 sauce.

For me, I find the warm ones easier on my stomach & my system than cold ones. The cold ones don't do it for me, but I know others have had the opposite results.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #346

Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
If found that low DDs were more important than the occasional UD that goes over, but niether should go over too often for steady weight loss IMHO.
Carly

You'll be good Natasha. Counting is kind of essential on DDs unless you are a light eater like Carly...and me today.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #347
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:

I remember we had some JUDDD'ers that came from Hcg but don't remember who they are or if they are still here since I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the HCG connection.

I am on maintenance now which has nothing to do with HCG but JUDDD is all about calories and if you follow the UD/DD calories from the alternate day website then weightloss usually occurs. I am sure someone familiar with HCg will jump in soon.
And WELCOME
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr one of the parents at work brought me in banana muffins and peanut clusters.....I am saving them for tomorrow...BUT after I have a muffin for breakfast and 2 clusters for dessert, I am giving them away...I know me and even if it is an up day, I could eat the whole pan.....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

also staying out of the office, it is food day for the rest of the week and all kinds of food and snacks will be everywhere for parent teacher conferences....I am so staying away...I am an addict and dont want to blow it
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Old 03-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Thanks Carly, Yenni and Kissa!! I count religiously. I think I've went over on 3 UD since Jan 12th! DD are a little harder for some reason esp now that I'm only doing 400. I tried the dreaded Potato Hack and couldn't stand it day 2 at lunch I was thru! LOL
I will indeed try as hard as possible to keep my DD at 400 max. I wouldn't have a problem if I weren't dipping into the chip bag or jelly bean bowl at work here and there! I will just tell myself I can have it tomorrow!!! I'm averaging 1060 & 1300/day every other week with the regular roations. I've also incorporated working out in the past 2 weeks and had bernice issues so maybe things will start looking up! With DILIGENCE I'm sure of it!

I know how you feel Missouri! Our office provided donuts today for our tenant anniversary. Of course I had to have one since it was an UD. SOme people were getting 2 but I knew one would be 300-400 cals so what's the point in getting 2! It was DD chocolate cake w/ choc icing and very delicious though normally I prefer KK.

Natasha

Last edited by BaileysGirl; 03-12-2013 at 06:18 PM..
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Carly. When I started with the 500 DD I experienced weight loss, however, when I got the DD number at least as low as my calculated number is when I really started seeing some significant downward movement in the scale. Made a big difference for me. Plus I've been really trying to continue drinking a lot of teas and water.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Had a great DD...ate 410 calories and felt good all day...I sipped my protein shakes (2-3 ozs) every 3 hours or so and I felt satisfied all day Then had a shiritake supper...I am going to have a bubble bath soon and go to bed early...This was a good day, and knowing I can eat whatever tomorrow is AWESOME!! Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
I did not see anything in the book regarding breastfeeding, so I would love to hear some input from the JBs. I am nursing my (almost) 14 month old son. He nurses on demand, frequently throughout the day and quite a bit at night. My UD calories came in at 2044 with choosing little to no exercise.

Yesterday, I ate my calories and was hungry all night long. I kept waking thinking about how starving I was. Today's DD was tolerable, but I was hungry all day long again and ended up at about 600 cals. Nursing a newborn burns approximately 500 calories per day, but I don't know if that number goes down as the baby gets older or not (like if your body starts to adjust to it and no longer requires that much to produce the milk). Should I re-calculate with adding light exercise or is this normal and I just need to keep going at current levels and once the SIRT1 kicks in I will feel more satisfied?
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #353

I can't really help, at 65 this isn't my domain.

But I would imagine by 14 months into feeding your body will be pretty efficient. Personally I would allow around 6 to 700 calories and see how you feel. You have to put your health first. Eat more if you must, but be honest with yourself.

You might try starting a separate thread on this, as not everyone has time to pop into the Newbie thread.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I can't really help, at 65 this isn't my domain.

But I would imagine by 14 months into feeding your body will be pretty efficient. Personally I would allow around 6 to 700 calories and see how you feel. You have to put your health first. Eat more if you must, but be honest with yourself.
You might try starting a separate thread on this, as not everyone has time to pop into the Newbie thread.

I get really behind trying to keep up on this thread, so I agree. Start a new post so people can find it! It's been awhile since I had to bf, and when I was, I wasn't JUDDDing, so I really can't be helpful. I would definitely listen to your body, though, but like Kissa said, be honest with yourself about what you're eating and why. Hugs to you!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #355

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
LifeIsGood! This is a very flexible WOE. I sure hope you like it and get lots of benefits from it!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
This has been another bad month for me. If I told you I know you wouldn't believe me but I have had another friend pass away from breast cancer! This will make 6 funerals since February 15th! (BF's best friends mom also passed last week) So I need a restart button! I have not been able to stick to my DD at all so have tried to be best as possible but just failed miserably! But I am here for my confession and asking for a start over! I mentally need to get back to the basics but I feel so unfocused! Here I go again.....
Old 03-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farm Gal
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
This has been another bad month for me. If I told you I know you wouldn't believe me but I have had another friend pass away from breast cancer! This will make 6 funerals since February 15th! (BF's best friends mom also passed last week) So I need a restart button! I have not been able to stick to my DD at all so have tried to be best as possible but just failed miserably! But I am here for my confession and asking for a start over! I mentally need to get back to the basics but I feel so unfocused! Here I go again.....
Sherri I'm so sorry!! Take care of your emotional self first! 6 funerals! I can't even begin to imagine....
Farm Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #358

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
Take your time. We'll be here whenever life settles down for you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #359

tskb, my heart goes out to you. Just allow yourself to do what it must while you take all this in.

This much pain takes a lot of healing and your emotional well being is of prime importance at the moment.

Post often and don't feel you only need to tell us when it goes right, use us to help you. We are all behind you
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #360

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sherri, I'm so sorry. Don't even think about success/failure in your eating right now. It's too hard when you're going through what you have been and are. You'll be ready to focus soon, and we're here. Like Cindy says, use us in good times and in bad.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote