Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Today's Netrition order happening now! -- anything I should add? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798113-todays-netrition-order-happening-now-anything-i-should-add.html)

sorenkkg 02-28-2013 05:09 PM

Today's Netrition order happening now! -- anything I should add?

Hi gang,

So, I'm reloading on some of my vitamins, and since I'll be in the US soon, I'm thinking I can save some $ on shipping and get this sent to my US office.

I'm going to try the ptero -- going for the triple threat of the ptero blue with reservatrol and blueberries.

I'm also getting:
Tonalin CLA (I take 2 + 2 per day, I think it help :confused: )
Biotin 5000mcg -- I take 2 per day when I remember (at least 1 though) and again, i think it's helping with the thin hair situation
Vitamin D-3, 1000IU, little gel caps
Cal-Mag-with D

and some more bell plantation pb2 powder, plain flavor (the chocolate doesn't wow me).

I haven't hit the "send" button yet-- anything really amazing I should try?
:) S.

Librarygirl 02-28-2013 05:32 PM

Do you have gluc powder? I keep hearing everyone say how wonderful it is on DDs. I will probably order it from Netrition soon. :)

svenskamae 02-28-2013 05:33 PM

The things that I used to order from Netrition, such as cheese crackers and flavored sugar free syrups, are things that I either learned to make myself (crackers made of cheese) or don't eat any more because I'm avoiding sweeteners and chemical additives. One thing that I love and can buy locally is Artisana Coconut Butter; I eat it from a spoon, in 1-2 T. servings. I can buy it at my local food co-op, but it isn't sold everywhere; that's what I would recommend if you can't get it where you shop.

KeirasMom 02-28-2013 05:40 PM

Yup, I was going to say coconut manna or coconut oil if you don't have an easy supply there. I always forget about that stuff, but it's yummy! I see some toast with coconut manna in my near future!

Librarygirl 02-28-2013 05:53 PM

OMG, coconut manna sounds so good! I have to have some. :D:yummy:

Mommie22boys 02-28-2013 07:08 PM

Yes, I'd second the gluc powder idea. Happy shopping. =)

sorenkkg 02-28-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16287075)
Do you have gluc powder? I keep hearing everyone say how wonderful it is on DDs. I will probably order it from Netrition soon. :)

Yep, I have a big bag :) I used it, then stopped... will need to find some more recipes with it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by svenskamae (Post 16287078)
The things that I used to order from Netrition, such as cheese crackers and flavored sugar free syrups, are things that I either learned to make myself (crackers made of cheese) or don't eat any more because I'm avoiding sweeteners and chemical additives. One thing that I love and can buy locally is Artisana Coconut Butter; I eat it from a spoon, in 1-2 T. servings. I can buy it at my local food co-op, but it isn't sold everywhere; that's what I would recommend if you can't get it where you shop.

I agree with you on the food/flavors stuff. I can get a lot of that locally as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16287091)
Yup, I was going to say coconut manna or coconut oil if you don't have an easy supply there.

Interesting abou the manna.. will look into that-- I got a jar of coconut "jam" for Christmas from a foodie friend, and I think that's probably similar (like, sort of very thick, honey-ish, but coconutty?) I love it!

Ok, I'll finish up my order. Thanks gang!

svenskamae 02-28-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16287478)
Interesting abou the manna.. will look into that-- I got a jar of coconut "jam" for Christmas from a foodie friend, and I think that's probably similar (like, sort of very thick, honey-ish, but coconutty?) I love it!

Yes, that sounds like coconut butter. I think of it as looking like coconut oil except not so oily and more solid. It tastes a little like white chocolate to me (and of course coconutty). My food co-op sells it next to the nut butters.

Librarygirl 03-01-2013 08:42 AM

Are coconut butter and coconut manna the same thing? My health food store has the coconut butter.

KeirasMom 03-01-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16288194)
Are coconut butter and coconut manna the same thing? My health food store has the coconut butter.

Yes, what I gleaned from a little research is that the brand I got decided their coconut butter was so great it couldn't just be called "butter" so they called it "manna." :hyst:

Librarygirl 03-01-2013 09:28 AM

Haha! Well, I can get the Artisana coconut butter locally. The Nutvia sounded good too. I think she said 12.00...about 13.80 with tax. Still less than shipping and no wait! :) I can't wait to try it on oatmeal (and ice cream :D).

Saxy1971 03-01-2013 12:57 PM

We just got our Netrition shipment yesterday--stocking up on Torani/DaVinci syrups. We have coconut, black cherry, butterscotch, german chocolate cake, toasted marshmallow, macadamia nut, peanut butter, cinnamon-vanilla, salted caramel, and hazelnut. I put a drop of butterscotch in my cacao mint black tea with cream and I'm in heaven. :)

I was thinking about trying those seaweed snacks they have....anyone ever try them?

sorenkkg 03-01-2013 01:19 PM

I get mine at costco and I really like them :) mine are something like 30cals for a pack, 3 packs to a wrapper, and 9 wrappers to a box... I usually eat all 3 packs for around 100 cals :o

svenskamae 03-01-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxy1971 (Post 16288842)
We just got our Netrition shipment yesterday--stocking up on Torani/DaVinci syrups. We have coconut, black cherry, butterscotch, german chocolate cake, toasted marshmallow, macadamia nut, peanut butter, cinnamon-vanilla, salted caramel, and hazelnut. I put a drop of butterscotch in my cacao mint black tea with cream and I'm in heaven. :)

I was thinking about trying those seaweed snacks they have....anyone ever try them?

You may be able to get seaweed snacks in a local Asian grocery store. Look for the Korean ones without added sugar or MSG. I go to an Asian grocery store and buy 4 packages of 6-packs of seaweed snacks every couple of weeks. Satisfying in terms of taste, good for you, and very low in carbs and calories. :up: :yummy:

BaileysGirl 03-01-2013 06:56 PM

I may get the coconut butter. Also ive heard the biotene helps nails too? Mine are so thin and peeling. I already have tea and almond meal in my cart!

sorenkkg 03-03-2013 08:54 AM

Hi Natasha!
I take 5000mcg biotin, 2x a day. I'm taking it for my hair specifically (a bit thinning :( ) but hair and nails are made of the same stuff, so it helps all over.

I don't always take both my vitamin sets, but by putting it in my morning and night vitamin boxes, I usually take it at least 1x, and about half the time, 2x, and I think it is helping.

Also, protein, drinking a lot of water. You can try a daily zinc too, I hear that helps.

BaileysGirl 03-03-2013 11:49 AM

Thanks!

sunday 03-03-2013 06:11 PM

Have you already hit send??? I was going to suggest Vit D3 & K2 in combo.
I especially like the NOW brand of spray. So easy to take and the K2 works synergestically with D3. :) I can't believe the difference in how I feel. My energy and wellbeing is optimized by this one add.

sorenkkg 03-03-2013 10:09 PM

I did, but I'll look into that recommendation, thanks Sunday!