Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Exercise drawbacks and woots

Been exercising EVERY DAY for about six weeks now. Only one horrible experience in that time. Hours of therapeutic yoga, low key calisthenics.
My weight is creeping up, I'm up several pounds. Staying off scale for a while.
My pants are looser, there is actual muscle in my arms, shoulders, booty and core. My tummy pooch is getting distinct and sitting over muscle. Who knew I would be grateful for that one? Hamstrings and upper back are always sore now, but in a mild, improving sort of way.
I feel FAB, I'm sleeping really well, eating well, and temperament is somewhat improved .
Last night I had to bend over a zillion times hunting for something under our marble coffee table that I am incapable of moving, searchimg behind shelves, and there were no twinges, no strain. (where is my season one set of Game of Thrones) Getting up and down off the floor doesn't make me out of breath. Ditto going up and down the stairs a bunch of times.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Great job b lou!

I'm trying to exercise more too, mainly because it helps lots if you have insulin resistance like I do, plus it burns calories and tones, plus natural mood enhancer! (I've been reading studies that for insulin resistance and mood it is as effective or more effective than drugs).

But it's true, muscle building messes with the scale. We just have to expect that, I guess, and go with measurements/clothes fit a bit more. I didn't lose a lot on the scale in Feb., but I suddenly have only one pair of pants that fit (and those were snug last month).
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I too have experienced this same thing you have goin on also.. In to week 5 for me!... The wieght gain we will experience from the trainers ive talked to say is very normal and is a combo of.. Water which the muscles need alot of to repair.. and possible that if some muscle loss took place instaed of fat loss durrign the diet phase it is rebuilding that muscle that was lost.. This is what i was informed when i got concernd about my number goin up and not coming back down.. So enjoy the youth you feel and remember,, the scale never tells us the complete story of how our bodys are doing! Good job on working out also!!!
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great improvements B Lou! All those things you mentioned are vastly better than the soft, fluffy pooch that dominates me right now. I'm going to start exercising early next month, right around when TOM stalls me out, so I don't freak out about gains/stalls. I can't wait to feel muscles underneath!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Woot, woot, woot! Good for you, B Lou! That's very inspiring (as is Kimberly's example).

Since I know that exercise can sometimes stall my losing fat (since I'm prone to adrenal fatigue ), I'm holding off on instituting more than walking and stretching/yoga workouts until I lose the next 11 pounds and become officially non-obese. But I hope to do a maintenance break and lots of exercise this spring/summer, and I hope I have results anywhere near as good as yours.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Calichris...that is one of my hopes..continuing to improve my insulin issues. I also just read something about the effects of regular exercise and diet to treat depression (something I have struggled with) and while meds can help initially (they made me suicidal-my body chemistry is a real thriller) the only thing that works as treatment long term is exercise. Exercise with meds is no good either. Interesting how body chemistry works.
Kimberly...your story right now is SO inspiring to me. Building muscle rocks, and is worth a few pounds in the long run. Skinnyish and flabby is not where I want to be. I point that out to myself when I see someone who meets that description.
I just keep telling myself to avoid the scale and hit the yoga mat!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Yup.. This has been the hardest part i think to change the way i think.. The scale was my enemy for so many years,, then along came JUDDD one year ago today actually and i learned that i could look forward to jumping on the scale and seeing my hard work pay off!! .. This years goal will be reached and i have to say good bye to my daily friend (scale) It now seams to not be as kind but i know that with the shape of my body changing my NEW daily friend is my MIRROR!!! Man i love my image,, i spend more time now looking for small changes then i have ever done.. Ive spent so many years hiding from my image its a weird concept to now... LOVE TO LOOK!.. Well i wont tread jack ya no more here, but just keep it up hun and remember,, its one step at a time that gets us where we want to be!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/156/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preOrderNow806FB.jpg (32.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by SlimNana; 03-01-2013 at 07:56 AM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Kimberly, that is no thread jack. Exactly what I am looking for...more positive reinforcement from some of us finding that exercise is not our nemesis, especially in conjunction with judddd. I think I was afraid to fast and exercise, but doing gently productive activity is so rewarding. Yay mirror for you!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I am really finding that I enjoy exercise now. I would like to incorporate lifting, but I'm just not there yet. I need to finish reading NRL4W and figure out "how" to go about it.

As I continue to exercise regularly, though, I find I WANT to exercise more. Example; tomorrow there's a Zumba class I want to go to in the morning. Keira wants to go roller skating in the afternoon. A few months ago, I would have chosen one or the other. I'm actually planning on doing BOTH, depending on DH's schedule (not sure if we have other plans). Who is this person I'm becoming?

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Kimberly, really? Today is your one year anniversary with JUDDD? You totally should put up a JUDDDiversary thread - everyone would want to congratulate you! (Hint, hint, nudge nudge.)

Only the scale sees the number of our weight, but our shape shows. So shape trumps scale every time. Consider the slight weight gains badges of honor.

I have another Thread Jack. B_lou_who and others, what do we need here in JUDDD forum in the way of an exercise thread OR do we simply need to mention exercise in the monthly chat threads, for instance, and not have a specific thread? The original exercise thread, which ran from autumn 2011 through autumn 2012, has slipped well down in the forum, after reaching 47 pages in length. I enjoyed posting there for accountability, but have hesitated bumping it back up since it was begun so long ago and is so long, mostly with simple reports. Maybe we don't need something separate at all. Or maybe a 2013 thread? Possibly monthly threads? What do you all think?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/156/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Great Idea Whitlin' to start a new exercise thread for 2013!
How about a spring/summer one starting today?

Ann
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote