Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Wednesday! WOOHOO Finally! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798009-ud-wednesday-woohoo-finally.html)

Flutter 02-27-2013 06:39 AM

UD Wednesday! WOOHOO Finally!

So excited! My body does not like changes to the UD/DD routine. I am so happy to be getting back to the normal schedule now...and an UD after all those DDs!

No real plans yet, though. Kids are home due to a winter storm last night. We'll see how the day goes! so far just toast w/ strawberry jam & coffee w/ splash of creamer

Who's here today?

KeirasMom 02-27-2013 08:02 AM

B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee
L: Catered event at work: Barbecued chicken, rice pilaf, roasted red potatoes, roll, butter, Caesar salad
D: Was going to go light since I'm having a big lunch, but then Keira reminded me her school is doing a fundraiser at California Pizza Kitchen tonight. I'm going to have to scour the menu to try to find something in my limited (remaining) calorie allotment.

LoCarbGal 02-27-2013 08:14 AM

I'm sure this is a particularly welcome UD, Melinda! Enjoy!

B: Coffee w/HWC, maybe FF greek yogurt and some PB
L: not sure, maybe tuna salad
D: Cold fried chicken, oven-fried potatoes, roasted brocolli

sorenkkg 02-27-2013 08:31 AM

Enjoy it Melinda!

I planned everything down to the last 50 cals today :)

Brunch: leftover dreamfields, sausages, peppers (841)
S: if I get hungry, I'll have my planned breakfast-- 2 servings of puffins cereal (180) and almond milk (40)
Also, can have 5oz of baby carrots (50cal)

D: sirloin steak, green beans with a bit of butter, and 2 remaining custard portuguese tarts (1048)

so, I have room for everything I think I want to eat today... we'll see what happens :)
S.

hot-in-texas 02-27-2013 08:41 AM

Don't know if I should eat today due to a 2.4 pound weight gain after my DD yesterday:(
coffee w/ 70 calories of creamer
orange-40
lunch?
dinner?

sorenkkg 02-27-2013 08:53 AM

Sher :hugs: in my experience, the weight gain is unlikely to be from your DD, but a delayed response to something you did maybe on your UD before. Was it very carby? I'm sure it's just water.

Drink water today like you never have before... I'm doing lemon water (like, 2 whole lemon squeezed into a pitcher with water (and then I still dilute each liter I take with about another 1/4) and some sweetener. I really think it's working, either the water or lemon or both together...

You need to eat between DDs, otherwise your body doesn't acknowledge recovery from the "stress" and then you really don't lose...

hot-in-texas 02-27-2013 09:05 AM

yes'm,, I will drink lots and lots of water-good idea. Probably could be from all the nuts and chocolate I had on my UD before-right before bed:o
so, will just try to stay within calories :)

KeirasMom 02-27-2013 09:09 AM

My losses and gains are all over the place and don't always coincide with what happened the day before. I can lose after an UD and gain after a DD. You do need to eat today if you had a DD yesterday. Eat, control it, but enjoy the heck out of it, and have a good DD tomorrow.

hot-in-texas 02-27-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16283984)
My losses and gains are all over the place and don't always coincide with what happened the day before. I can lose after an UD and gain after a DD. You do need to eat today if you had a DD yesterday. Eat, control it, but enjoy the heck out of it, and have a good DD tomorrow.

will do thx:) Was really looking forward to this UD-we are having mexican food tonight. So, I will just stay away from the chips and have a light lunch:)

Demonica 02-27-2013 11:10 AM

B- chicken salad without croutons or carrots, blue cheese dressing, coffee with HWC
L- sausage and eggs scrambled with a yellow pepper and HWC, 1/4 C almonds
S- maybe a cheeseburger without the bun and a salad.

Have had the hungries like crazy the last few days!!

sorenkkg 02-27-2013 12:10 PM

Dem-- what's up with carrots?

Flutter 02-27-2013 12:14 PM

Yep, Tex, definately EAT today! The scale will come around. It's stupid & evil anyways!

Ok, so here's the plan for today:

B: toast w/ strawberry jam, coffee w/ splash sf cream
L: subway club on wheat w/ veggies & mustard, homemade cc cookies
D: shrimp tacos w/ veggies, few chips
D: ghiradelli brownies

I'm weighing & adding the cals, so portions will be circa my 1750 cals allowed.

KeirasMom 02-27-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16284402)
Dem-- what's up with carrots?

Atkins induction? Carrots are pretty high in sugar. :dunno:

tobelowcarber 02-27-2013 12:22 PM

Flutter- I am sure it is nice to get back to regular rotations.

Ate in 8 hr window today:

B (7:50AM): 2 scrambled eggs in ghee, lamb burger 460 cal
L (1:15 PM) baked lamb shanks with onions, garlic and bone broth, roasted asparagus and cauliflower 1103 cal
D (3:20 PM) lettuce, cucumber, EVOO, sea salt 100 cal

1663 cal/22 gr carbs

Flutter 02-27-2013 12:57 PM

Tks, Marika! It sure is! :heart:

I have to say, though, 3 DDs wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it'd be. It was harder to not drink liquid from noon-9 yesterday. I wasn't hungry at all. JUDDD sure makes fasting for tests easier!

JMBM 02-27-2013 05:10 PM

B - Greek yougurt and 4 sl turkey bacon 150
L- 3 slices of pizza 1200?
D- PB&banana sandwich and almond milk 360

Total= 1710 All done!;)

JMBM 02-27-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16284902)
B - Greek yougurt and 4 sl turkey bacon 150
L- 3 slices of pizza 1200?
D- PB&banana sandwich and almond milk 360

Total= 1710 All done!;)

Actually my total is 1430. Just researched a pizza restaurants calorie counts and for the three slices I had it amounted to 920 and not 1200. Whew! thought I was cutting it close.:p

hot-in-texas 02-27-2013 05:27 PM

That's good news JM lol!!

Coffee with creamer 70, orange 41, granola bar 190, deli chicken 60, cheetos 210, s'more pudding cup 110,grilled chicken salad without dressing 350, chips and queso 200, s'more pudding cup 110, chocolate blueberries 150
Right at 1500 calories

Flutter 02-27-2013 05:42 PM

I ate what I posted I would. I'm at 1638 cals (out of 1750ish I'm supposed to have). I think I'm going to barf.

Boy do I feel gross!

JMBM 02-27-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16284937)
That's good news JM lol!!

Coffee with creamer 70, orange 41, granola bar 190, deli chicken 60, cheetos 210, s'more pudding cup 110,grilled chicken salad without dressing 350, chips and queso 200, s'more pudding cup 110, chocolate blueberries 150
Right at 1500 calories

Texas are you guys snow mobiling over there? Heard Amarillo got some pretty good snow? I just got home from Texas about 3 weeks ago. We had for the most part been over there since Sept. of last year. We were delivering fiberglass tanks out of New Braunfels for a while. Really liked it over there, but glad to be home. I was putting on the weight not being at home.:stars:

hot-in-texas 02-27-2013 05:51 PM

Yes! We had a blizzard. Sunday was warm enough to wear shorts, then Mon morning, we woke up to a blizzard, howling winds, snow drifts and icy roads. I live very close to Amarillo. My sis lives in New Braunfels:)

JMBM 02-27-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16284996)
Yes! We had a blizzard. Sunday was warm enough to wear shorts, then Mon morning, we woke up to a blizzard, howling winds, snow drifts and icy roads. I live very close to Amarillo. My sis lives in New Braunfels:)

Yeah, the wind is really something. We had delivered a load in Carlsbad, NM and on the way back hit a bad sand storm. I could hardly see to pump my gas and when I got back in my car my hair was full of sand. lol We loved the warm temps in Texas, but were just missing home so much we decided to start hauling freight closer to home. Home is where the :heart: is right? Not to mention I had the worst time keeping a signal on those back roads. Texas is overall a pretty neat place and was glad to visit for such a long time.

mojocat 02-27-2013 06:14 PM

You guys are soooo good. I'm ashamed to post what I eat.

Marika lamb shanks ...yumm especially if cooked for long time so the meat is falling off, same as ox tails.

sorenkkg 02-27-2013 07:27 PM

I'm a little over...did well, then wanted more meat...about 100 over at 2300.
Not the worst.

Onward and downward. :)

hot-in-texas 02-27-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16285017)
Yeah, the wind is really something. We had delivered a load in Carlsbad, NM and on the way back hit a bad sand storm. I could hardly see to pump my gas and when I got back in my car my hair was full of sand. lol We loved the warm temps in Texas, but were just missing home so much we decided to start hauling freight closer to home. Home is where the :heart: is right? Not to mention I had the worst time keeping a signal on those back roads. Texas is overall a pretty neat place and was glad to visit for such a long time.

BTW, I lived in Nashville from preschool until 4th grade. I have some really wonderful memories of those days in Tennessee:):)

KeirasMom 02-28-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16283808)
B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee
L: Catered event at work: Barbecued chicken, rice pilaf, roasted red potatoes, roll, butter, Caesar salad
D: Was going to go light since I'm having a big lunch, but then Keira reminded me her school is doing a fundraiser at California Pizza Kitchen tonight. I'm going to have to scour the menu to try to find something in my limited (remaining) calorie allotment.

I snacked in our training class so add: small danish, banana, tootsie roll
D: They took too long to seat us (super busy with all the families from K's school), so I ended up leaving Keira and DH there to get my gym time in. Skipped dinner, but made up for it with a protein bar and wine after the gym. That's healthy right? :D

hot-in-texas 02-28-2013 07:23 AM

sounds like a good plan to me Dawn!

sorenkkg 02-28-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16285668)
Skipped dinner, but made up for it with a protein bar and wine after the gym. That's healthy right? :D

I'm pretty sure Dr. J wrote that as one of the meals in the book.

Day 29 - Dinner.
1- atkins meal replacement bar, flavor of your choice
1 ginormous glass of wine

Day 30 - Breakfast
Handfull of advil, go back to bed.

:cool:

KeirasMom 02-28-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16286071)
I'm pretty sure Dr. J wrote that as one of the meals in the book.

Day 29 - Dinner.
1- atkins meal replacement bar, flavor of your choice
1 ginormous glass of wine

Day 30 - Breakfast
Handfull of advil, go back to bed.

:cool:

:hyst:

And my glass of wine WAS ginormous!