Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Wednesday! What's on your menu? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/798003-dd-wednesday-whats-your-menu.html)

Dottie 02-27-2013 04:50 AM

DD Wednesday! What's on your menu?

B: black coffee
D: philly cheesesteak (steak-umm, peppers, onions and 2% cheese single on a joseph's pita) and chicken broth w/celery
S: broth w/diced potatoes

zipp2play 02-27-2013 05:30 AM

It's HUMP DAY!

cottage cheese
salad with chicken, salsa, sprinkle of cheese
--if I have time to stop at the grocery, stirfry full of veggies and chick peas!
If I don't, SOUP

Eieio 02-27-2013 06:41 AM

Pool day
Dd
Cube broth
Buying cottage cheese TODAY, so will work that in.
Tuna lettuce. Pretty boring.
I ate EVERYTHING TWICE yesterday.
Food tasted so good yesterday. Broke the bank for sure!
Today knuckling down. Smile
Ei

ouizoid 02-27-2013 07:26 AM

tater DD. Weighed em out. Won't start eating til around 3.

Kimmietoo 02-27-2013 07:43 AM

Will be doing a tater DD too, ouizoid. I am having coffee with CO and SF vanilla; will cut that off shortly and start eating the potatoes around 5 pm. Lots of lemon water, also.

TryingJudd 02-27-2013 09:07 AM

B- nope
L- green pepper strips dipped in light sour cream (2T) w spices (75 cals) plus chicken bouillon (10 cals)
D - not sure - probably something involving shirataki noodles but maybe buffalo shrimp

BaileysGirl 02-27-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16283383)
B: black coffee
D: philly cheesesteak (steak-umm, peppers, onions and 2% cheese single on a joseph's pita) and chicken broth w/celery
S: broth w/diced potatoes

How many calories is the philly? I have been meaning to buy the steak-umm.

B - sweet n spicy tea 0cals
L - progresso light chix veg rotini soup 140cals
D - tuna salad wrap 245cals

Librarygirl 02-27-2013 09:51 AM

B-diet mt. dew, water

L-ham, LC cheese, pickle - 75

s-celery rib - 5?

Dottie 02-27-2013 09:52 AM

The steak-ummm is 100 cals, the cheese 35 and the pita is 60. I'll call it 20 for 1/2 a bell pepper and a couple of onion slices, so around 215 for the whole thing:)

BaileysGirl 02-27-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16284104)
The steak-ummm is 100 cals, the cheese 35 and the pita is 60. I'll call it 20 for 1/2 a bell pepper and a couple of onion slices, so around 215 for the whole thing:)

Ohh!! May def add this to my DD menu if I get the stuff! :yummy:

calichris 02-27-2013 10:08 AM

Last DD of the month!

B: 3 cups coffee with soy slender (chocolate): (53)
L: 6oz nonfat Fage greek yogurt with 2T splenda sweetened raspberry jam (120)
D: 1 c. homemade chili (196)
S: tea, lowfat string cheese (50)
Total: 419

Dottie 02-27-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaileysGirl (Post 16284106)
Ohh!! May def add this to my DD menu if I get the stuff! :yummy:

It's also a good basic recipe to use with chicken breast instead of the steakumms. I have done chicken breast seasoned with shwarma seasoning (or blend of a little cumin, salt, cinnamon, pepper and cayenne is good) -just season the chicken breast and simmer it in just a touch of water along with the peppers and onions:)

Luv2Eat 02-27-2013 11:49 AM

Steakummms sounds good!

Sipping coffee until 2pm. Then hourly minimeals 20 cal or less until right before bed, will eat a 40 cal salad.

Hope to keep it under 200 cal

Librarygirl 02-27-2013 01:17 PM

Had a Subway sub for early dinner, and oh so yummy. :) 360 calories of deliciousness. So, am at 440 now. Going to try and leave it at that.

Yennie 02-27-2013 01:23 PM

I'm doing the potato thing again today. I may have gone a little overboard yesterday so I want to try to rein it in before I weigh in tomorrow.
B: Coffee w CO
L, S, D: Potato stew - made a pot to nosh on all day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16284128)
Last DD of the month!

YAY!!!! :jumpjoy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Eat (Post 16284363)

Then hourly minimeals 20 cal or less until right before bed, will eat a 40 cal salad.

I've seen you post this plan before so obviously its working for you. Wondering what kinds of things you eat and if the hourly mini-meals are making you more hungry? If you don't mind expanding on this a bit please? I'm always looking for more & better ways to manage the DD hunger, which is why I started doing potato DDs but some variety would be nice too...
Thanks in advance!!

Luv2Eat 02-27-2013 02:09 PM

:hiya: Yennie! No problem, I love to talk about my diet ;)
One of the ladies here on this board - was it SoHappy or Megotsoold, or? Gosh, don't remember - anyway, one of our beloved JUDDD BUDDD's had to take medicine through the day and decided to eat hourly 'mini-meals' (also referred to as 'barbie meals'). She liked it alot and shared it with us and some of us started doing it too.

Here's what I do: I have a list of 20calorie items that I can choose from. Every hour or so, I eat 20 calories or less. Here is my personal current list:

Egg white (17 calories)
Scandinavian Bran Crispbread (12 calories) usually spread with Walden Farms fruit spread or peanut butter and marshmallow (0 calories)
Magic Pop (strawberry spread with WF cal-free marshmallow) (15 calories)
Gelatin gummies, got the recipe here, I use flavorings, smidge of koolaide and 1Tblsp. gelatin, usually eat 1/2 recipe slowly, cut into small peices and place under my tongue (~20 calories, no calorie count on the flavorings, just assign 0 to make it easy)
Miracle Noodles 'fried' in a non-stick skillet, add Walden Farms asian zero cal salad dressing, pour one whipped egg white over it for an asian noodle dish (17 cal)
Celery stick (~10 calories)
Between meal snacks: tea, diet soda

Sometimes, if I want to just get a bit fuller, I eat two or three things and get busy for a couple of hours.
The mini meal system makes me feel like I eat a lot on my DD, but the calorie count is pretty low.

Scandinavian Bran Crispbread and the Miracle Noodle dish are the most filling to me. Also the diet soda really helps fill me up and give me something to look forward to.

I top off the day with vegetables or a large amount of lettuce, dipped in Walden Farms salad dressing. Usually in bed after a shower with the heat pad on my back, lol! ;) Another special 'treat' to look forward to DD's only.

I just did my first potato hack last week - wow - that was a nice break from JUDDD rotations!

Thanks to all the generous JUDDD BUDDD's, there is literally an arsenal of weight loss weapons available to us! This is another thing I've learned here - sometimes we get in a 'rut' and 'plateau' - changing it up can help shake that off.

pugluv9802 02-27-2013 02:23 PM

This has been the easiest DD yet.:dunno: I don't know why, but I have only had 180 calories, probably 370 by days end.
V-8 70cal
3 cups of no-sodium broth 30
2 cups of coffee 80

For dinner a Lean Cusine pot roast--190cal
If I can just make it through the night, thats the tough one.:stars:

Eieio 02-27-2013 05:02 PM

It must be a full moon.
We've had nice dd, well the once I've read...
I posted about my changing the dd burning food for today.
Ate two big great tasting grapefruit at 11 am. Held me all day, only hot tea now.
But I've been gone from home most the day. And not around food or foody folks.
Big help.
Wonder if I can go all evening on probably 2oo c didn't chart them yet.