Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Has anyone tried the Jon Benson EODD?

It's $47 for his book and the extras, and I've bought so many diet/nutrition books and I just don't know if this is the same old..same old... but he talks about not counting calories and only specific forms of cardio (probably interval). He seems to advocate eating your favourite foods at certain times (which I'm not comfortable with - abstinence from sugar/starches has been a lifechange for me). I've only gleamed this info from what he gives away before selling the book. Is it worth buying?

Edit: Some further info from reading the bits he gives away I think it might be - the DDs are low carb/high protein and the UD's start with a high protein breakfast to counter the free food eaten later, then two meals of your choice (with emphasis on carbs I think) followed by a walk or some exercise, then only raw fruit/veggies for snacks after that. So carb cycling? It might be an option for me on UD's which are my downfall - I probably need a plan like this.

Last edited by mojocat; 02-23-2013 at 06:00 PM..
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Hey Mojo, Is this the same Jon Benson who wrote a book, "Thin In 30 Minutes: Walk Your Way Thin In Just 30 Minutes Or Less"? It was published on Jan. 29 and has quite a few reviews on Amazon. And he has several Youtube vlogs.
I don't know why $47 when the other book is $6?

To view the youtube about the book, search for "Cheat to Lose" Jon Benson.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Must be...although his books aren't available on Amazon - they are instant downloads and he usually writes his own books, no as a co-author as the walking one. But same name, same kind of books, it must be - I'll keep googling.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is interesting because after watching his IF vlog, he is promoting switching up IFing from daily 16 hour fasting till you stall then move to EOD fasting and then when that stalls go to eating once per day.

Hmmm, I don't know, I wouldn't buy it, because all he is doing is telling you how to do all forms of fasting which are already known. These IF plans are originally written by bodybuilders/fitness gurus. All you would need to do to learn Eat Stop Eat, Warrior Diet, 16:8, is to go to the original authors Brad Pilon, Martin Berkhan, Ori Hofmekler, etc. I think you can learn a whole lot from reading the different paleo blogs about what type of fasting and workouts are the most beneficial. Also, it bothers me when I go to a site like Jon's that has fake reviews or fans. I sort of sensed this by reading the reviews for the "Thin in 30 min" book and reading some of the vlog remarks.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 02-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Sunday.

Not worth it appearently. People who have bought it complain they don't understand what to eat. He has a SNAPP food list that you eat from every day - Shake, Nuts(dangerous for me), Apples, Protein and Produce throughout the day. Is he kidding? I would be thinking of food all day. And on UD's still eating in that pattern? Too much work.

Phew! $47 saved. I will stick to JUDDD and have a better plan for UD's. Tomorrow I will try the high protein/low carb brekkie and the veggies at night. I'm sure if I tweak this and hang out a bit longer the SirT1 will kick in.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So you are continuing to rotate and eat at your JUDDD numbers? How long have you been JUDDD? It may help you to add the 8 hr window to JUDDD.

Also, have you noticed the appetite suppression?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Any tips would be welcome Sunday. I do the daily rotation each day, including weekends. How would you suggest the 8 hour window? I was thinking of making the weekend two UD's after next week to help me mentally.

I've been on JUDDD 21 days, am losing but not feeling AS or the calm etc kicking in yet and DD's seem to be making me feel more deprived. UD's I eat too much. I can't get the thought out of my head I need to eat eat because tomorrow is a DD. I'm not hungry but once I eat, that's it the gates are open.

So I feel horrible mentally at the end of an UD, because I have eaten so much I get the binge thoughts we all know "I've eaten so much today, might as well go get my favourite chocolates" of going to the shop but I just white knuckle it because I know it took me so long to get over sugar..but I do the nuts if I'm really struggling and they are high calorie and blow my calorie counting out the window. I don't eat take away or junk food on UD's, they are clean, just..too...much....I....can't....stop.... Last night was trying to stuff that last chicken drumstick in my mouth and I couldn't do it...I was stuffed. Then about an hour later I had it. Why do I eat so much This is not normal. I eat more than DH.

Yet I am losing weight and at the worst maintaining. But just the torture of up and down each day and the mental struggles. I just want to stop thinking about darn food.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know exactly what you mean. I had to completely eliminate wine for the very reason that you state. I allowed it for a special dinner last week and once again, I ate so many nuts that it was ridiculous. I am trying my best to keep this up until I get to my goal.

I think since you are losing some, and you are 21 days in, you are going to begin to see some restraint start developing. It is strange, but something happens about 4 weeks into JUDDD where you feel a bit more control. Maybe try L-Glut for right now to help with taming your appetite? I personally love the 8 hour window. I do 11 am - 6 pm. If I need to change hours for a special event, I just move it up or down. It truly keeps me from going to town and I guess I really needed more control. Some do not like it because they feel too much restriction.

Since you would like to make Sat/Sun both UD, why don't you try making a window for Sun? The reason? This will help reign the choices in and pretty much not allow UUAD.

I also allowed either Sat or Sun to be my high DD. In other words, I would have very low DD MWF and then Sun would be 500-700 day. For some reason, giving myself that option made it easier to fit in my family outings.

Keep a few non-caloric foods for the times that you know you have eaten your calorie limit but you just need something to tide you over. My fav right now is black/green olives, pickles and broth. Very little calories and it satisfies.

One thing I can't emphasize enough, is to allow yourself to have maintenance breaks every couple of months. Throw one in when you are going to be on vacation or traveling. Also, I like the idea of throwing one in for a week and then going right back. It allows you a resting period of higher DD (40%) 700 cals and believe it or not, that is all it takes to get you rested and ready to tackle the weight loss mode.

I have a feeling that you are just getting ready to find your comfort zone and hope to see it work for you. Dr. Jaminet says that if fasting becomes too difficult or stressful, then you need to refrain until you become optimally nourished. Which leads to where I finally had my "defining" moment, because once I became well nourished, I truly lost my appetite for the "bad" stuff. I really love the nourishing foods and don't waste my cals on something that is not beneficial and will only cause me crazy cravings.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the info. So the 8 hour window is the only time you eat on UD's - is that correct? In between those hours just water or low cal drinks? This little piggy here could eat a lot in those 8 hours......but as you say I'm sure my comfort zone isn't far away.

I will have to get some L-Glut. I know from reading the posts here that I will need to find the best dose and timing for optimum effectiveness. I recall Pirate Jenny saying that a night-time dose worked best for her, so I will start with a night-time dose on a DD and hope it kicks in for the next day.

I still think this is a wonderful WOE and is just so simple really; you couldn't ask for a simpler plan - no big list of do's and dont's - just eat xxx calories one day and xxxx calories the next. Why do I need to make it so complicated.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post

I really love the nourishing foods and don't waste my cals on something that is not beneficial and will only cause me crazy cravings.

So true
Old 02-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
Thanks for the info. So the 8 hour window is the only time you eat on UD's - is that correct? In between those hours just water or low cal drinks? This little piggy here could eat a lot in those 8 hours......but as you say I'm sure my comfort zone isn't far away.

Why do I need to make it so complicated.

Yes, Dr. Jaminet believes if you do have anything outside of the window to keep it just non-protein veggies (celery, cukes, pickle). I just found it so easy that I don't eat anything from 7:00 pm to 11:00 am. I exercise fasted which is excellent for the body, growth hormone and upping your fat burning. Then 11:00 am I have a good protein (turkey, eggs, salmon) w/ my green smoothie. I am not hungry the rest of the day until dinner which is 5:00 and that is also chock full of nutrition (lean protein, greens, potato w/ bb). This is when I have a desert of dark chocolate & walnuts.

From

Quote:
Part of the explanation for why exercising while fasted is beneficial is that this regimen complements your sympathetic nervous system (SNS) along with your capacity to burn fat. Your body's fat burning processes are controlled by your SNS, which is activated by exercise and by lack of food. Another reason is that fasting can trigger a dramatic rise in human growth hormone (HGH), also known as "the fitness hormone." Recent research found fasting raised HGH by 1,300 percent in women and 2,000 percent in men!1

The combination of fasting and exercising maximizes the impact of cellular factors and catalysts (cyclic AMP and AMP Kinases), which force the breakdown of fat and glycogen for energy.

This is why training on an empty stomach will effectively force your body to burn fat. Exercise and fasting also yield acute oxidative stress, which keeps your muscles' mitochondria, neuro-motors and fibers intact. (You may have heard of oxidative stress before in a negative light, and indeed, when it is chronic it can indeed lead to disease. But acute oxidative stress, such as occurs due to short intense exercise or periodic fasting, actually benefits your muscle.)
I understand that it seems like you could eat a lot, but try breaking it down to two meals w/ no snacking during your window to get you started. You will be surprised. I know I was!

I also noticed that my dd's could have higher cals when staying within the window. Mainly because I am fasting daily, instead of EOD.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

This is good advice for those of us struggling on UD's.

I will work towards incorporating a fasting window. It's this eat all day mindset UD's that don't work for me. I'm better off following a plan - rather than left to my own devices. I followed Byron Richards Mastering Leptin for a while and the 5 hour window between meals and no eating after dinner really controlled my appetite. I would just drink water and think "only xxx hours until dinner, I can do it". Now I think, what more can I stuff down before my DD tomorrow. Getting into a fasting routine will also make the DD's seem less like deprivation and more like part of the plan.

Thanks Sunday, I really did someone to pick me up and give me a push again. Weight loss is of course my goal, but I also want the other health benefits as well and need to remind myself that is for my health.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your welcome. I thoroughly enjoy fasting now that I am eating optimally. Lots of energy and I just feel good. Sleep well. It is unbelievable. Also, I don't fret about it or worry if it is going to fit into my schedule, because I can flex the fasting to my best needs.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I have been doing the 8 hour eating window for the past couple of weeks. The lack of hunger is amazing! I can start eating very soon now, but can't decide what I want as I am not hungry! I know I have to get some nutrition into me, though!

It is definitely helping me maintain my weight loss.

BTW - my friend's cat's name is Mojo!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

LOL...my cat is called mojo - that's where the name came from. She's a seal point siamese - man she is one of the smartest cats I've ever known - so much personality. Our neighbour moved to Germany and kind of dumped her with us. Wakes us every morning 6.00 am on the dot howling to be fed. You would not believe the amount of noise such a small creature can make.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
Mojo- just wanted to let you know that I feel the same way as you!

Quote:
Since you would like to make Sat/Sun both UD, why don't you try making a window for Sun? The reason? This will help reign the choices in and pretty much not allow UUAD.

I also allowed either Sat or Sun to be my high DD. In other words, I would have very low DD MWF and then Sun would be 500-700 day. For some reason, giving myself that option made it easier to fit in my family outings.

One thing I can't emphasize enough, is to allow yourself to have maintenance breaks every couple of months. Throw one in when you are going to be on vacation or traveling. Also, I like the idea of throwing one in for a week and then going right back. It allows you a resting period of higher DD (40%) 700 cals and believe it or not, that is all it takes to get you rested and ready to tackle the weight loss mode.

I think this is an excellent advise, Sunday. I have been struggling lately with hunger (and it is not PMS when my hunger re-surfaces). Yesterday I went overboard on UD. Yes, I was thinking tomorrow is DD and I will be hungry again, so I better "nourish" myself for tomorrow. Turned out the "nourishment" cost me about 1500 extra cal for the day. Every UD I feel like my 1600 cal are just no enough food and I obsess all day long how many calories I have left and I eat whole foods, no junk whatsoever (no grains, no sugar, no soda, etc)
I think I am hungry because I strength train 5 times a week and do light cardio almost every day. I started this routine a month ago and whenever I lift weights my hunger increases. I have been fighting it unnecessary I think and is taking a toll on my body.
I think I will either make my DD at 600-800 cal or do fixed DD on MWF and throw in MD on Sunday. I tried the 8 hr window but found to be easier to do it on DD. Maybe once I increase my DD calories, 8 hr window will get easier on UD. I think my window should not start later than 9 AM, as having my breakfast too late causes me to crave foods in the PM (as per leptin reset), plus I am usually hungry in the morning. Maybe 1600 cal will be doable on UD once my DD calories go up. Right now I feel it is not enough food.
I was already thinking of doing 2:5 in March, but I think I would start with the 3:4 first and slowly transition to 2:5. Lots of possibilities here...
Like you, Sunday, I also love exercising in fasting state

My journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post16865441

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 02-24-2013 at 03:17 PM..
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Seabreezes, I am so thrilled that I gave it a whirl! I was concerned about not having an appetite and thus not eating up to my daily calories and then I read Dr. Jaminet say that we will go through periods like this and not to worry. So, that makes this much easier! No counting and no worrying. Just eat the PHD way and I am good as gold.

At first I thought the lack of hunger was just from eating optimally, which that is also in play, but I believe the daily fasting is repairing me in a way that may be more thorough.

Last edited by sunday; 02-24-2013 at 03:27 PM..
Old 02-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marika, You most definitely need a higher DD and the 8 hour window allows this. Have you read PHD? I am seeing a lot of athletes speak of this daily fasting as being much better to work with and when you arrive at goal, you can drop it back to 2x weekly if you want. I don't know that I will drop the daily fast though, because it really is not a problem.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Marika, You most definitely need a higher DD and the 8 hour window allows this. Have you read PHD? I am seeing a lot of athletes speak of this daily fasting as being much better to work with and when you arrive at goal, you can drop it back to 2x weekly if you want. I don't know that I will drop the daily fast though, because it really is not a problem.
I have not read PHD, although I read few posts in your very informative PHD thread. See, I don't eat grains and potatoes, so I don't know how could I follow it. Funny thing is I combine 3 different diets (blood type diet, specific carbohydrate diet, lower carb) with JUDD. I am sure I could implement some of his principles. I think I will go back and read your thread again and perhaps visit his website.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
I have not read PHD, although I read few posts in your very informative PHD thread. See, I don't eat grains and potatoes, so I don't know how could I follow it. Funny thing is I combine 3 different diets (blood type diet, specific carbohydrate diet, lower carb) with JUDD. I am sure I could implement some of his principles. I think I will go back and read your thread again and perhaps visit his website.
No grains are allowed on PHD. Potatoes, Plantains, Taro, Tapioca & Rice are considered safe starch, but are optional foods. Jaminet just explains that they are safe from toxins. If you look at the apple chart on page 1 it tells you how and what is included. It is a mod fat, low carb, & low protein plan. 65/25/10. I think SCD may be similar in a lot of areas.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Marika - I am no expert but I lurk a lot on different forums, Mark's Daily Apple, Paleo Hacks, Jack Kruse, Lyle Macdonald, some of the bodybuilding forums etc and from what I have gathered is that too much weight training can cause inflammation and weight stalls, even gain.Is your body stresssing from 5 days weight training? They recommend less days but go harder at it? Definitely for men, I'm not sure about females. Again, I'm no expert this is just what I constantly read over and over again in regard to too much weight training.

Sadly I cannot blame this on my situation - I am just a greedy piggy. However today is the best UD since I started 22 days ago despite TOM knocking on door. What the heck - dare I say - maybe SirT1 is finally making it's presence known?

Last edited by mojocat; 02-24-2013 at 07:58 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Marika - I am no expert but I lurk a lot on different forums, Mark's Daily Apple, Paleo Hacks, Jack Kruse, Lyle Macdonald, some of the bodybuilding forums etc and from what I have gathered is that too much weight training can cause inflammation and weight stalls, even gain.Is your body stresssing from 5 days weight training? They recommend less days but go harder at it? Definitely for men, I'm not sure about females. Again, I'm no expert this is just what I constantly read over and over again in regard to too much weight training.

Sadly I cannot blame this on my situation - I am just a greedy piggy. However today is the best UD since I started 22 days ago despite TOM knocking on door. What the heck - dare I say - maybe SirT1 is finally making it's presence known?
Mojo- there might be some truth to it, but I am currently doing rotation working 1 body part a day, so only about 30 min a day. I think my body prefers weights over strenuous cardio. I do my best with weight lifting and low impact cardio. I try to vary my routine as well. I do rotations that include circuit training 3 times a week plus cardio 2 times a week. I walk a lot too.

Great to hear you had the best UD since starting. BTW, I am greedy piggy too. I just love to eat and cook. Too bad I am such a great cook
Old 02-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
No grains are allowed on PHD. Potatoes, Plantains, Taro, Tapioca & Rice are considered safe starch, but are optional foods. Jaminet just explains that they are safe from toxins. If you look at the apple chart on page 1 it tells you how and what is included. It is a mod fat, low carb, & low protein plan. 65/25/10. I think SCD may be similar in a lot of areas.
I will definitely check it out. I know SCD allows for starchy veggies, but I have eliminated them since going atkins. I would sure love to have some that are good for my blood type (carrots, parsnips, celery root, beets, butternut squash, etc). I do miss them!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Marika - I love cardio - especially Spinning and longs walks but I hear more now from the current diet gurus (i.e. the forums that I lurk on) that it's a waste of time if you are looking for weight loss benefits. The gold standard for that is weights and strength work as you are doing. Cardio should be high intensity interval training. Jack Kruse even says strength work once a week and ditch the cardio for HIIT!

Unfortunately I don't enjoy either of those, not only am I a greedy piggy but a lazy piggy as well. I really want to get into the weights, maybe kettlebells, it's on my list but I can't get motivated. I just love long walks though, clears my head and makes me feel good although I understand strength training is even better for the release of endorphines.

Have you ever read any of the Lyle McDonald books? He's very well respected in the bodybuilding circles. He has a stubborn fat loss book which is a good read. One of the methods in this book and something that could be incorporated in JUDDD on a fasted morning is by taking 200mg caffeine (2 cups coffee) and 1-3 grams of L-tyrosine an hour before cardio. I've got to try this. Uggh so much to do, and too much time wasted thinking of food.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:34 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mojo- I have his book, thanks for reminding me about it. I read it few years ago and forgot about it

As far as cardio, I try to do 1 HIIT workout a week and the rest is step, hi-low aerobics, and my favorite walking outside. I don't go crazy with cardio, but my daily walk is a must (minimum 30 min). Never really had a stamina for heavy duty cardio and I really really enjoy weight lifting. I have bunch of exercise DVD that I do at home. I never get bored as I have very large collection. Since I started working out at home, I don't miss gym anymore. I love workout out with great music in my pjs and at any time I wish.
I agree, there is nothing like long walks outside
Old 02-25-2013, 05:46 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Marika - I love cardio - especially Spinning and longs walks but I hear more now from the current diet gurus (i.e. the forums that I lurk on) that it's a waste of time if you are looking for weight loss benefits. The gold standard for that is weights and strength work as you are doing. Cardio should be high intensity interval training. Jack Kruse even says strength work once a week and ditch the cardio for HIIT!

Unfortunately I don't enjoy either of those, not only am I a greedy piggy but a lazy piggy as well. I really want to get into the weights, maybe kettlebells, it's on my list but I can't get motivated. I just love long walks though, clears my head and makes me feel good although I understand strength training is even better for the release of endorphines.
Have you ever read any of the Lyle McDonald books? He's very well respected in the bodybuilding circles. He has a stubborn fat loss book which is a good read. One of the methods in this book and something that could be incorporated in JUDDD on a fasted morning is by taking 200mg caffeine (2 cups coffee) and 1-3 grams of L-tyrosine an hour before cardio. I've got to try this. Uggh so much to do, and too much time wasted thinking of food.
Yup! I'm guilty!

I love KBs and rebounding for indoors, really enjoy power walking outdoors, just now really giving HIIT a good try. I have the Cathe Friederick's low impact HIIT, although, I think I am too old for it. I am going to keep at it. She has a strength training with smaller weights & resistance bands that I may try as well.

Mojo, KBs are easy to do in 10 min increments. Which I recommend for someone who is just beginning. Very good workout for arms and torso, really enjoy Lauren Brooks body sculpt & conditioning KBs.

I think I need to start reading Lyle's site, I spend a lot of spare time at PHD & MDA to seem to break loose. I have heard very good about his program.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday- I LOVE Cathe's low impact HITT. In fact I am loving her whole X-Train series (except for Tabata-too high impact for me).
Old 02-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Sunday- I LOVE Cathe's low impact HITT. In fact I am loving her whole X-Train series (except for Tabata-too high impact for me).
Don't you think she knows her stuff?

I wish I had a video of me trying to do her tabata. That will make a believer out of you!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mojo, On Lauren Brooks and KBs, she has her own youtube channel, where you can watch a few of her routines. I think she is adorable and would like to be her when I grow up. One reason why I like KBs too, is because you can do this from your own home. No excuses!

Lauren Brooks Kettlebell Training - YouTube
Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the info. What size kettlebells did you start with? The KB dvd recommended to me was Iron Core by Sarah Lurie. Oh my gosh, it put me off straight away. It looked so hard and even she looked like she was struggling with the weight. I have a touchy shoulder (rotator cuff) and thought I would injure myself so yeah that DVD is somewhere down the bottom. Not to mention she had quite a bulky look, I like the long lean look. Muscle under fat is not a nice look for me.

Can you recommend any strength training DVDs? Just something quick like a 10 minute one I can do that touches different body parts? It's such a hassle getting dressed for the gym, driving there, etc, so much easier to do it at home.

The easiest way for me to walk was to walk for 30 mins one way, then turn around and come back for total of an hour. I found it easier the next few times and I would keep going i.e 45 mins and then turn back, and now I do 1 hour and then turn back. It makes it easier somehow rather than thinking I'm going for a 2 hour walk, but to think I'm going to walk as far as I can today and then I will turn back. Even if it rains, I take an umbrella and walk..must look like a mad woman. I wore a backpack once with weights but it aggravated my shoulder so now just prefer to try to run a little when no-one is around part of the way just for HIIT benefits.

I dowloaded an app on my phone Runkeeper that uses GPS to track my walking and calories/pace etc so that keeps me motivated.

Lyle's forum is hilarous. He is so abrupt, rude at times, but he knows his stuff.

On another note, and sorry if too much info, for the first time ever, I have had minimal practically no PMS and absolutely no water weight gain!! This is unbelievable, just amazing, even on rounds of HCG I had stalls and weight gain during TOM. This in itself is enough to keep on going with JUDDD. Thank you ladies for keeping me inspired and motivated. I love this forum. I wish we could all go for long walks together and chat.