Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Happy JUDDD-iversary Carly! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/797615-happy-juddd-iversary-carly.html)

Yennie 02-21-2013 01:38 PM

Happy JUDDD-iversary Carly!

Okay so I hope I have the right day but I do believe Carly mentioned yesterday that today is her 1 year anniversary of starting this weight loss journey.

I think the reason it stuck with me is that today is my 1 month anniversary of starting JUDDD.

I am grateful daily for the Google search that led me to LCF and the JUDDD boards. I'd never heard of JUDDD before; I was on the Atkins Induction board trying to figure out why it Was. Not. Working!!! I looked down the list, saw JUDDD as one of the options, read some of the old threads (actually did this with several of the other plans) and thought, "This is something I bet I can actually do long term!" Posted a few questions, spent a lot of time reading and the rest, as they say, is history.

Part of the reason I wanted to write this today was because Carly's journey has been so inspirational to me. Not only the weight loss but the grace with which it was done, the continued support and good attitude. Not only from Carly but the other long term JUDDD Budds as well (Dawn, Cindy, Cindy, LCG, Jen, Soren, Adi, the potato gals, Sven - I know I'm missing some so my apologies to anyone I'm leaving off my list).

One of the things that struck me as amazing about this place is, in reading old threads, the unconditional support and affection. If I was trying to do this alone, there's no way it would happen. I wish I had the words to tell you all how much it means to know that there is a place we can go, say what needs to be said, ask what needs to be asked and feel safe to express ourselves in ways that, sadly, often can't be done IRL.

You guys are all my heros!!!

With much love & affection,
Jen
:heart::heart::heart:

sunday 02-21-2013 01:48 PM

Happy anniversary to Carly! I hope she has a magnificent day! :hugs:

Enjoy your month anniversary as well Yennie! :)

LoCarbGal 02-21-2013 01:54 PM

Happy JUDDDiversary Carly! You are an inspiration and a beautiful lady! Thanks for sharing your story with us every day!

Jen, you're post says exactly how I feel about the JBs. It's the best best place!

Eieio 02-21-2013 02:00 PM

Carly u look wonderful! Very happy u r an inspiration to so many. Thank u.
Ei

hot-in-texas 02-21-2013 02:12 PM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CARLY. You are truly a success story! And a beautiful person. Congratulations on your success!
Jen I agree with you about being thankful to have found our way here. You and I started right around the same time. And I truly believe that it was more than just luck that we found our way here.:heart:

Carly 02-21-2013 02:19 PM

Aw... thanks! Today is my 1 year anniversary for the start of my weightloss, which was low carb and low cal. I did that from 2/21/12- 3/28/12 when I jumped into JUDDD with 2 feet and never looked back. So it has been a full year on my weight loss journey and all I can say is it has been an amazing ride. On 2/21/12 I was in such a dark and despairing place about my weight, health and appearance. I was humiliated and felt worse than your average 85 year old. From 2/21/12- 3/27/12 all I ate was celery during the day and at night 1 cup of lettuce w/ FF dressing and 3oz of talapia. I was miserable!!!!!
JUDDD was the answer for me and allowed me to lose another 62 pounds with less effort than the first 10 pounds that I lost on the celery and talapia diet.

I just want to thank all my JUDDD Buds from the bottom of my heart, because I never could have done this without you guys and LCF. I love checking in with all of you and I just want to share what was so freely shared with me when I was new. :heart::heart::heart:

Seabreezes 02-21-2013 02:23 PM

Hugs for a delightful and inspirational lady:hugs:

svenskamae 02-21-2013 02:52 PM

You are one of the nicest things about doing JUDDD, Carly! I'm so glad that you've had such success, because you deserve all good things. :hugs:

KeirasMom 02-21-2013 03:01 PM

Carly, you are indeed a JUDDD rockstar! Happy anniversary! You've made this journey more pleasant for many of us. :hugs:

Whitlin' 02-21-2013 03:21 PM

Yay, Carly, happy for you! What a BRILLIANT way to spend a year! :cool: I sincerely hope that JUDDDing has provided you with health enhancement and pain relief you may not even realize, a long, healthy life in which to be maaaaavelous.

jaymar 02-21-2013 03:47 PM

Happy Anniversary, Carly..you have had amazing success and you inspire us all to want success...I know that you have had so much to deal with concerning your health, and I can understand some of that pain because I have a similar spine problem...I never knew how frightening life could be when you have to face the possibility of not being able to walk around freely, until I was diagnosed...You did not give up, you have continued to do all you can to help yourself..especially losing the weight, that becomes so much more important to us when we need it for health reasons. I agree with all the other people on here, that you are beautiful inside and outside, and it is so wonderful to see you succeed.

TryingJudd 02-21-2013 04:33 PM

Yah Carly! Enjoy every minute and every ounce of your success. You earned it!

calichris 02-21-2013 07:11 PM

In one year, you've come a long way, Baby! :D It's so inspiring to see what can happen if you stick with it. Congratulations!!!

Luv2Eat 02-21-2013 08:17 PM

Yennie, I :heart: your opening post - it resonates what I feel about this board too. Congratulations on your 1 month anniversary :jumpjoy: We're so blessed to have you here :hugs:

Carly! Gosh, you've been so gracious, sweet and patient with our quirkiness. I love how you take so much time out of your day to offer encouragement, inspiration and wisdom. You're another JUDDD blessing :hugs: Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary, you :sing: my dear!!

LiLi914 02-21-2013 08:43 PM

Happy One Year Weightloss Anniversary Carly! You look incredible and your dedication and hardwork has truly been magnificent. So excited for you!

Joyjoy 02-22-2013 04:00 AM

:heart::heart::heart:

leonak 02-22-2013 04:55 AM

All the best for the one that is the best!

:heart::sing::jumpjoy::heart::high5::sing::heart:: clap::heart::hiya::heart:

BaileysGirl 02-22-2013 05:18 AM

:high5: :clap: happy anniversary!

Librarygirl 02-22-2013 06:02 AM

:clap::clap::clap: Happy Weight Loss Anniversary, Carly!! You are inspiring to us all, and I want to thank you personally for all of your kind suggestions/help/patience etc.:hugs:

Bows1 02-22-2013 07:40 AM

Happy anniversary, Carly! You are always there when I ask or comment or anything! SoOOO very appreciated, you are! Thank you thank you thank you!

Flutter 02-22-2013 08:47 AM

Look at all the wonderful lives you've touched in your 1 year, Miss Carly! :love: You are a beautiful gift to so many! Hope you feel loved! :heart: Happy Anni girl, and many, many more!

Cindy-lou 02-22-2013 08:59 AM

:clap:Happy Anniversary to Carly and Jen:clap:

Things that are important in a weight loss is finding great support and the friends you make along the way :heart:

sterlinggirl 02-22-2013 09:35 AM

:jumpjoy: Carly it is my pleasure to wish you a happy 1 year on your journey! :heart: You have inspired many with your grace and sucess and i am so proud to be one of your JUDDD BUDDS~ Lov ya girl~ :heart:

vanilla_latte 02-22-2013 11:53 AM

I missed this!!!! Happy JUDDD-versary, Carly!! :clap::up::kicking::congrats:

tobelowcarber 02-22-2013 12:12 PM

Happy Anniversary to Carly :clap: and Jen :clap::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Carly 02-22-2013 02:15 PM

Thank you all- from the bottom of my heart.

Kimmietoo 02-22-2013 04:41 PM

:sing::sing::sing:Happy Anniversary!!!:sing::sing::sing:

Carly,

You are such an incredible inspiration to the Juddd Buddds! I am so thankful for you and for the other team members who inspire and support us virtually every day!!

May I add that you look AMAZING! WTG!!! May your maintenance journey be amazing as well!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:HUG HUG HUGGERS from the JUD JUD JUDDDERS! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

sorenkkg 02-22-2013 08:52 PM

Oh wow! Happy anniversary Carly! I've enjoyed getting to know you and am so proud of your work! :heart:
And :o Jen for including me in the group of inspiration :) i get it each day too from all of you here! Happy 1 month!
S :)

Kissa 02-25-2013 07:49 AM

Carly you are our inspiration, a true JUDDD poster child!

Your wonderful encouraging posts make such joyful reading.

I think your DW is a very, very lucky woman.