Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Thursday - What's the plan (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/797573-dd-thursday-whats-plan.html)

zipp2play 02-21-2013 05:08 AM

DD Thursday - What's the plan

Well, here in KS (I live near Kansas City) it is a SNOW-nomy!!! They are predicting 15 inches where I live! My children are STOKED!!!!!!! I'm at work, came in early since school was cancelled. Boss called and was like, I was going to tell you to stay home! :cry: Now you tell me??? I have tons to do, so I will focus on it. Probably close the office early. First storm ever where it was snowing and I saw Lightning! I couldn't hear if there was thunder, but I am sure there was!

Cottage cheese
chicken/brocc soup
stirfry

Probably around 500-600c!

Happy FRIDAY EVE!!!!!!!!!

Librarygirl 02-21-2013 06:18 AM

Wow, Monica!!! We have never had snow like that, ever. I've heard of the lightning snow storms, but it must be pretty incredible to see! Can you build an igloo in your yard? :D Forget the snowman haha!

My DD:

b-coffee w/3 T cream - 45

s-strawberries w/splenda - 46

celery - 20ish (less I think...not a whole stalk)

L-protein drink...140 (1 scoop of whey protein, 1 cup of almond milk)

D-TBD

zipp2play 02-21-2013 06:49 AM

Cindy, I am sure my Daughter plans to do just that. Several years ago over Christmas, we got 20 inches, she made a snow slide on top of an igloo. I couldn't get that girl to come inside to eat Christmas dinner for anything!

Librarygirl 02-21-2013 06:55 AM

Take a picture of that! :)

TryingJudd 02-21-2013 07:06 AM

Good luck with the snow!

B- x
L - either a HB egg or 100 cals of cottage cheese
D - networking event w light nibbles. I will head for the crudite and forgo the wine (sigh)

Eieio 02-21-2013 07:39 AM

Yes ice hitting our windows at early morning. Sounds like gravel being thrown at them. I love it. Roads aren't slipper as yet, via hubby at work.
I started a flat of spinach in our 45 degree Gh, 500 degree warming table. I did caz I CAN! Smile.
B. hopefully hot broth, electric please don't fail.
L. Cottage
D. Omelet with mostly the whites. a few yolks in for color and taste.
S. if needed cottage cheese, raw carrots
Our bird feeders are busy today!

pugluv9802 02-21-2013 07:51 AM

I have only had coffee with half and half so far. Today I am really going to tighten up on myself. Maybe soup for dinner, I don't know. I do know if I eat one thing, I want to eat everything. :stars::annoyed::down:

zipp2play 02-21-2013 07:58 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps03cc075d.jpg

when I came into work, sidewalk was still visable!

giggles4me 02-21-2013 08:00 AM

I am going for a really good down day this time.
so far coffee with half and half and a bite of a protein bar.
Plan to have a protein shake for dinner.

pugluv9802 02-21-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16271858)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps03cc075d.jpg

when I came into work, sidewalk was still visable!

That's nice, but I don't want any. :hyst:

LoCarbGal 02-21-2013 08:03 AM

Wow Monica, you really got it didn't you?

pugluv9802 02-21-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugluv9802 (Post 16271835)
I have only had coffee with half and half so far. Today I am really going to tighten up on myself. Maybe soup for dinner, I don't know. I do know if I eat one thing, I want to eat everything. :stars::annoyed::down:

Can of progresso veg soup--120 cals total so far 160
I think for dinner I will have a Lean Cuisine at 190 cal total 350 and plenty of hot tea, to curb the hungry feeling.

BaileysGirl 02-21-2013 10:25 AM

Afternoon! Stay warm buds! I was hoping for snow here but no such luck this year just a lot of rain and crazy up/down temps.

400 cal DD

B - sweet n spicy tea 0 cals
L - progresso chick veg rotini 140 cals, 2 saltines 23 cals
D - mug muffin made w/ 1/4 cup oats, 2 tsp ideal brown, 1 egg, 1/3 cup blueberries, cinnamon & a dash of almond milk 235 cals

vanilla_latte 02-21-2013 10:45 AM

What is this white stuff you call ... "snow"? :laugh: We do get it from time to time, but not anything remotely close to that!!

The stuff so far:

*cup coffee w/cream
*2 cups teas w/cream**

Planned for later:

*YoCheese Pudding
*Shake
*more coffee and tea (trying to like hot teas for DDs)

**I saw this on the DD food thread (I think). It's So Delicious Coconut Creamers. They are 10 calories/tblsp. and are great for DDs!! I still use HWC in my coffee, but for the teas it's great! I got the plain flavores and it doesn't taste coconutty at all. I may try the French Vanilla flavor to use in my coffee on DDs - what a calories saver those are!

adillenal 02-21-2013 11:30 AM

DD
B - oat bran, coffee with HWC,
L - cold boiled potato
D - cold boiled potato

Yennie 02-21-2013 11:46 AM

PDD -
B: Coffee with SF vanilla syrup (no HWC or CO today)
L: Potatoes
D: Potatoes

brewstate 02-21-2013 12:22 PM

Zipp that's some crazy snow. We live not too too far from you and its just some hail and ice here in NW Arkansas but its too cold for me so I'm sipping hot tea all day and trying to squeeze in some fruits and veggies. Unfortunately school wasn't cancelled here so I'll have to make the long trek to the bus stop later to pick up oldest DS.

B: X
L: Apple, hot tea
D: Maybe another apple or a small salad. Not very hungry so we'll see. If I start starving I always go for 2 70 calorie boca burgers and that usually does the trick.

Librarygirl 02-21-2013 01:12 PM

Starving Marvin here. I feel so hungry I'm almost nauseated. Still sticking to my 500 calorie plan...I have 270 calories left.

TryingJudd 02-21-2013 04:30 PM

Survived the cocktail party with 3 small slices of bruschetta and a diet soda. No wine (wah!), no cheese, no nuts, no sweets. Should be 350 cals for the day - win!

Yennie 02-21-2013 08:46 PM

Well done TJ! I'm not sure I could do that.
I bailed on the potatoes. By time we got home from swim lessons, I could not do it anymore. So I had a gigantic salad with WF raspberry vinaigrette, some pecans and a bit of cheese. Still low.
I'd been trying to do potatoes only today & tomorrow - a mini-hack - and start up again on my old rotation but mentally I can't do it. After only potatoes yesterday in prep for the fancy outting, and just about only potatoes today, I'm starting to feel deprived. I need an UD to get back in the swing of things, because this deprived feeling is what causes it all to come crashing down. Next thing I know I'm on doughnut #12 and wondering where those 5 pounds came from ;)
But the awesome thing is that I know this about myself now, thank you JUDDD. So tomorrow will be a reasonable UD, and the potatoes will be there the next time I want to give it a go!

PS - all that snow? Totally the reason we left MN and now live <2 miles from the ocean. :)

zipp2play 02-22-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16271877)
Wow Monica, you really got it didn't you?

we got a foot of snow. My daughter loved it. SHe was outside for hours building a fort and such! My DD ended up on the mid side....hopefully with all the shoveling and hiking in the snow will help!