Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!
 
stephdray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,167
Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
this is going to be a lllottttt harder than I first thought. Becausse I do tend to graze on UDs. So..if i do this, it will definately help me not to graze so much
Does lemon in my water count??
how about yogurt covered raisins?
Well , so far this challenge has saved me from having pretzels for breakfast-I mean, I couldn't think of any fruit to put with it!
So I had an apple instead
This is awesome! Today is a DD for me, but I love that it did this for you. I was thinking that if I wanted chips for a snack one day I would have to make spinach dip :P
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member
 
brewstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 836
Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
DD today for me too but I've had an apple and lemon water. That has to count for something. Surprisingly not hungry either. I may eat more apples on DD's from now on.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,531
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
speaking of chips-- I had these dehydrated chips when I was in Australia last year-- i guess like freeze dried? sweet potato, mushrooms, green beans, beets... all done up and salted and sold as snacks. I wonder if that is reproducible at home with a dehydrator, or if they would just be weird...
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I love this idea Steph! I started incorporating veggies every day when I moved over to PHD and the first thing that I notice is that I go twice per day, sometimes 3x . I giggle, because I thought I was doing well to be a once per day girl and thought it meant that I was healthy. Fiber is so important, no matter which IF we do.

Also, one excellent foodie blog for great ideas from wonderful healthy salad dressings to anything plant based is "Healthy Girl's Kitchen". She had an eating disorder and decided to follow Joel Fuhrman's ideas and when she moved to plant based diet lost down to her natural weight and healed her emotional eating.

I am so thankful for the green smoothie because even when I feel rushed for time, I can drink my greens. Today's had blueberries, pumpkin, swiss chard, spinach, & kale.
__________________
""Nutrient hunger can cause weight loss to plateau and reverse, even if the diet does not change."--Paul Jaminet
I guess I am a little weird, I like to talk to animals.
.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #35
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I love this idea Steph! I started incorporating veggies every day when I moved over to PHD and the first thing that I notice is that I go twice per day, sometimes 3x . I giggle, because I thought I was doing well to be a once per day girl and thought it meant that I was healthy. Fiber is so important, no matter which IF we do.

Also, one excellent foodie blog for great ideas from wonderful healthy salad dressings to anything plant based is "Healthy Girl's Kitchen". She had an eating disorder and decided to follow Joel Fuhrman's ideas and when she moved to plant based diet lost down to her natural weight and healed her emotional eating.

I am so thankful for the green smoothie because even when I feel rushed for time, I can drink my greens. Today's had blueberries, pumpkin, swiss chard, spinach, & kale.
Like canned pumpkin? I'd like to start having a green smoothie everyday, so I'm looking for ideas
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,531
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
does everything in the smoothie need to be fresh, or can you use frozen fruits/veggies?

I'm doing great today! broccoli (bag, steamed, ate the whole thing, 100 cal) and 70 cal for my butternut squash soup (leeks, squash, carrots, softened in chicken broth and pureed).

You said no condiments-- so I take it double fruit jam doesn't count?
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #37
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
does everything in the smoothie need to be fresh, or can you use frozen fruits/veggies?

I'm doing great today! broccoli (bag, steamed, ate the whole thing, 100 cal) and 70 cal for my butternut squash soup (leeks, squash, carrots, softened in chicken broth and pureed).

You said no condiments-- so I take it double fruit jam doesn't count?
S.
When I used to have a costco membership i loved getting their frozen fruit for smoothies i don't know how frozen veggies would taste though
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
No as a matter of fact, my brother lives in Seattle and doesn't have the options I have for fresh and he loves something called Amazing Greens. It is a powder that he mixes into his protein drink every day. He said that he feels like a young kid.

Netrition carries this~

MacroLife Naturals Macro Greens

And I may actually try it for the times that I don't want use fresh! This is chockful of health! Although for this challenge, I don't know if Steph will allow?

NUTRIENT RICH SUPER FOODS
Ceritified Organic Barley Grass Juice Powder 1200 mg
Ceritified Organic Spirulina Powder 600 mg
Chlorella-Cracked Cell 200 mg
Spinach Powder with Octacosanol, Trisconsanol, Hexacosanol, Tetracosanol Proprietary Blend 85 mg
NON-DAIRY PROBIOTIC CULTURES MIN. ORGANISMS (AT MFG) Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bulgaricas, Bifidobacterium Longum and Breve 18 Billion Units
ANTIOXIDANTS
Grape seed (95% proanthocyanidins) 30 mg
Ginkgo Biloba (24% Ginkgo Flavoglycosides 6% Terpene Lactones) 10 mg
ANTIOXIDANT PROPRIETARY BLEND Acerola Berry Juice Powder (natural source of vitamin C) Bioflavinoids (citrus), Silymarin (milk thistle 80% extract), Green Tea (60% polyphenols, 40% Catechins), Rutin 1280 mg
ADAPTOGENIC AND METABOLIC HERBS Proprietary Blend Red Raspberry Powder, Parsley Juice Powder, Ginger Powder (freeze dried), Horsetail Stem Powder, Licorice Root Powder, Eleuthero Root Extract, Suma (pfaffia Paniculata), Astragalus Membranicus, Damiana, Echinacea Augustifolia (extract 5% echinacoside) 35 mg 1690 mg
NATURAL FIBERS Proprietary Blend Lecithin Powder 99% Oil Free (non-GMO), Apple Pectin, Apple Fiber, Certified Organic Flax Seed Meal 1933 mg
HARMONIZING AND SUPPORT HERBS Proprietary Blend Yucca Juice Powder, Watercress Juice Powder, Carrot Juice Powder, Certified Organic Beet Juice Powder, Nova Scotia Dulse, Cactus Powder, Aloe Vera (freeze dried) 450 mg. 1170 mg
NATURAL PLANT ENZYMES Protease, Lipase, Amylase and Cellulase 200 mg

On the pumpkin, I have an Organic Natural Food store where I buy everything fresh, the pumpkin comes pureed and it is wonderful. I think canned pumpkin would be fine!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
I had a veggie plate for dinner!
Oven roasted sweet potatoes-this is quickly becoming one of my favorite things. I just peel and cut them up bite size, toss with olive oil and black pepper, and roast in oven at 400 for 40 minutes, yummm!
Sauteed broccoli with toasted almonds, grilled onion, mushrooms and tomatoes. I skipped the grilled steak.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I had a veggie plate for dinner!
Oven roasted sweet potatoes-this is quickly becoming one of my favorite things. I just peel and cut them up bite size, toss with olive oil and black pepper, and roast in oven at 400 for 40 minutes, yummm!
Sauteed broccoli with toasted almonds, grilled onion, mushrooms and tomatoes. I skipped the grilled steak.
I am in w/ roasted taters spritzed w/ oo and sea salt & rosemary. My fav meal ever.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member
 
phoenix17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 136
Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
When I used to have a costco membership i loved getting their frozen fruit for smoothies i don't know how frozen veggies would taste though
I love my new green smoothie habit!! an easy way to get in those 5 servings. I've used frozen broccoli in a smoothie and it was just fine but it's the only frozen veggie I've tried so far. Usually I use kale and/or spinach (about 2 cups or more) then add in about a cup of fresh or frozen fruit. My favorites have been mango and blueberries. Banana adds a good texture.

I imagine frozen spinach would be ok.... or even frozen carrots. Cauliflower may be ok too but I like the green stuff personally.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,978
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I'll join this challenge! When do we start? Tomorrow? I buy bananas and strawberries for smoothies and cut them up immediately in 1 serving bags and freeze. No need for ice when you make your smoothie! Plus the bananas don't rot.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-21-2013 at 04:49 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #43
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
No as a matter of fact, my brother lives in Seattle and doesn't have the options I have for fresh and he loves something called Amazing Greens. It is a powder that he mixes into his protein drink every day. He said that he feels like a young kid.

Netrition carries this~

MacroLife Naturals Macro Greens

And I may actually try it for the times that I don't want use fresh! This is chockful of health! Although for this challenge, I don't know if Steph will allow?

NUTRIENT RICH SUPER FOODS
Ceritified Organic Barley Grass Juice Powder 1200 mg
Ceritified Organic Spirulina Powder 600 mg
Chlorella-Cracked Cell 200 mg
Spinach Powder with Octacosanol, Trisconsanol, Hexacosanol, Tetracosanol Proprietary Blend 85 mg
NON-DAIRY PROBIOTIC CULTURES MIN. ORGANISMS (AT MFG) Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bulgaricas, Bifidobacterium Longum and Breve 18 Billion Units
ANTIOXIDANTS
Grape seed (95% proanthocyanidins) 30 mg
Ginkgo Biloba (24% Ginkgo Flavoglycosides 6% Terpene Lactones) 10 mg
ANTIOXIDANT PROPRIETARY BLEND Acerola Berry Juice Powder (natural source of vitamin C) Bioflavinoids (citrus), Silymarin (milk thistle 80% extract), Green Tea (60% polyphenols, 40% Catechins), Rutin 1280 mg
ADAPTOGENIC AND METABOLIC HERBS Proprietary Blend Red Raspberry Powder, Parsley Juice Powder, Ginger Powder (freeze dried), Horsetail Stem Powder, Licorice Root Powder, Eleuthero Root Extract, Suma (pfaffia Paniculata), Astragalus Membranicus, Damiana, Echinacea Augustifolia (extract 5% echinacoside) 35 mg 1690 mg
NATURAL FIBERS Proprietary Blend Lecithin Powder 99% Oil Free (non-GMO), Apple Pectin, Apple Fiber, Certified Organic Flax Seed Meal 1933 mg
HARMONIZING AND SUPPORT HERBS Proprietary Blend Yucca Juice Powder, Watercress Juice Powder, Carrot Juice Powder, Certified Organic Beet Juice Powder, Nova Scotia Dulse, Cactus Powder, Aloe Vera (freeze dried) 450 mg. 1170 mg
NATURAL PLANT ENZYMES Protease, Lipase, Amylase and Cellulase 200 mg

On the pumpkin, I have an Organic Natural Food store where I buy everything fresh, the pumpkin comes pureed and it is wonderful. I think canned pumpkin would be fine!
I'm going to look at canned pumpkin tomorrow I'm also hoping my store has restocked chia seeds, yesterday they were out
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,978
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
This is awesome! Today is a DD for me, but I love that it did this for you. I was thinking that if I wanted chips for a snack one day I would have to make spinach dip :P
You can buy it in a jar. Tostitos spinach dip.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-21-2013 at 04:53 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!
 
TryingJudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,743
Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Love this idea! I am in. Lately I have been snacking on 100 cal bags of sugar snap peas. Slightly sweet, lots of crunch.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #46
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,425
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I had a veggie plate for dinner!
Oven roasted sweet potatoes-this is quickly becoming one of my favorite things. I just peel and cut them up bite size, toss with olive oil and black pepper, and roast in oven at 400 for 40 minutes, yummm!
Sauteed broccoli with toasted almonds, grilled onion, mushrooms and tomatoes. I skipped the grilled steak.


Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
I love my new green smoothie habit!! an easy way to get in those 5 servings. I've used frozen broccoli in a smoothie and it was just fine but it's the only frozen veggie I've tried so far. Usually I use kale and/or spinach (about 2 cups or more) then add in about a cup of fresh or frozen fruit. My favorites have been mango and blueberries. Banana adds a good texture.

I imagine frozen spinach would be ok.... or even frozen carrots. Cauliflower may be ok too but I like the green stuff personally.
I never would have thought to add brocoli, so going to try this!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,820
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am addicted to Snap Peas, but believe me they can add up in cals before you know what hit you!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member
 
phoenix17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 136
Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
I never would have thought to add brocoli, so going to try this![/QUOTE]

I tried it one morning when I was out of greens. I have become very fond of my green smoothies and I can feel a difference when I don't have one so I searched my freezer and found a box. It was fine but I like my greens better!

I was worried with the smoothies on DD but I just decrease my fruit and the overall size of the smoothie. I try to keep it under 100 calories for one and try to hold off drinking it for as late as I can (after mixing it up, I put it in a bottle and bring to work with me). I'd love to hear other ideas for green smoothies.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,865
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
I'd love to hear other ideas for green smoothies.
Think of it as a soup rather than a smoothie. Fruit is pretty calorific compared to many veggies. Plus, if it's a soup, you can add salt, garlic, curry, lemon/lime, etc for some variety.

Cucumbers are a good base--low cal and lots of water. Tomatoes, too, although they're a bit higher in calories.
If you have a *really* good blender, you can add celery. Or just a few leaves for flavor.
Bell peppers are good, too.

Don't forget parsley as a green. It's super-nutritious and high in chlorophyll. Oh, and cilantro!

On UDs you can add avocado or nut milk for a creamy soup.
__________________
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
"Really, how is eating a piece of cake bad? Being bad is murdering someone.
That's bad. Don't do that." --Sarah Michelle Gellar
****************************************
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member
 
brewstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 836
Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Its the dreaded UD again where all my plans for healthy usually go down the drain

Today I'm going to do several things different.

1. Going to drink a cup of coffee with half and half (I never drink coffee but I think it will help with satiation)

2. I am not going to eat breakfast because I'm not a breakfast person

3. I'm going to eat a fresh fruit salad for a snack around 10 AM

4. At lunch instead of a burger or something out I'm going to have a glorious salad with olive garden dressing (you can buy it at sams) loaded with spinach and cucumbers bell peppers, the works and probably chicken breast.

5. I'm going to bust my champion juicer out and make some great green juices for my UD's.

If that doesn't drop some weight, I'll just resort to cutting off my leg
__________________
Elise
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,978
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Its the dreaded UD again where all my plans for healthy usually go down the drain

Today I'm going to do several things different.

1. Going to drink a cup of coffee with half and half (I never drink coffee but I think it will help with satiation)

2. I am not going to eat breakfast because I'm not a breakfast person

3. I'm going to eat a fresh fruit salad for a snack around 10 AM

4. At lunch instead of a burger or something out I'm going to have a glorious salad with olive garden dressing (you can buy it at sams) loaded with spinach and cucumbers bell peppers, the works and probably chicken breast.

5. I'm going to bust my champion juicer out and make some great green juices for my UD's.

If that doesn't drop some weight, I'll just resort to cutting off my leg
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SW Mo.
Posts: 1,260
Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
BREWSTATE
Sounds like wonderful plan
Except that leg idea. Smile.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,155
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
If that doesn't drop some weight, I'll just resort to cutting off my leg
Yep, that would do it. Different results though, for sure!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,531
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
If that doesn't drop some weight, I'll just resort to cutting off my leg
Um... maybe start with a haircut first?



My plan today contains 1-2 servings of my dd cabbage soup (coleslaw, chicken broth, salsa, tomato paste, onion flakes).

Tomorrow I'm going out for a really nice dinner, so in keeping cals low during the day, I'll give DH and myself a salad for lunch
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #55
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,854
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am going to join this challenge. I need to eat more vegetables. Fruit I am more cautious about. The calories soon add up don't they?

Today is a DD and my only real meal is going to be vegetable soup, lol.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,531
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I made zucchini chips last night! sliced zucchini (I used the thinnest slice on my mandolin, and next time, I'll do thicker, b/c a lot stuck to the trays), with some soy sauce, pepper, and garlic powder.
place on dehydrator (did you doubt I had one? ) and let it go for 12+ hrs till crispy.

I used about 4 small zucchinis, so I figure, divide in 4 and count the calories that way... all the water is gone, but the fiber and calories remain. Yummy though! I might try sweet potato next, though my dogs get sweet potato chews, so not sure I can get past that...
__________________
--Soren
New Blog post: Sweet Potato Souffle and Calamity Story http://justforkit.blogspot.com/2013/...-calamity.html

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
sweet potatoes are unbelievable Soren, you have to give them a try! I like mine thicker though, like maybe an 1/8th of an inch. And just a little crisp on the outside is all you need. Never tried it in a dehydrator though, in the oven it is delish.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,531
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I might try them I think my zucc was 1/8 inch, but when all the water is sucked out, they get paper thin... the pieces without as many seeds did better than the pieces from the middle, but I think if the slices were thicker overall, they wouldn't stick as much... I didn't use any oil, either, trying to keep cals low.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,531
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I've got kale in the dehydrator now... used the same soy sauce/garlic powder/pepper mix to douse it with, ripped it up, even included some stems (will see how that goes) and should be ready tonight or tomorrow.

Meanwhile-- my DD today includes: 1 can of V8 (counts as "3 servings" and is only 70 cal).
1 serving of butternut squash soup (squash, carrots, leeks, chicken broth).
Dinner will be a big arugula/spinach salad

Not sure if I'm rocking the challenge at every meal, but I'm more conscious of veggies all day, that's for sure
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #60
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,854
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I had no fruit or vegetables with my chocolate twist today, unless coffee prepared with soya milk counts?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.