Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   4 Weeks on JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/797541-4-weeks-juddd.html)

Kimmietoo 02-20-2013 12:14 PM

4 Weeks on JUDDD

Hello my dear JUDDD BUDDDS!

I can hardly believe that I will hit my 4 week anniversary tomorrow. I have learned SO MUCH from all of you, and I cannot imagine trying to do this without the incredible support and help that all of you are so wonderful to provide! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am so thrilled to finally be back down under that 3 number. Sheesh....I was beginning to think that I would never see it! It has been a very long 8 years since I weighed less than 3xx and so this is for me, a very happy hallmark.

I have already seen some of the struggles....overeating on UD's, getting cranky on DD's, being unrealistic about when the weight should drop, etc.

What I am finding out about my own personal journey is that --

1. I need to not overdo the sodium laden products on my DD's as I hold water like a sponge and then get dejected when the scale isn't nice.

2. DD's are much more effective (and easier) for me if I make sure that I do not eat anything solid before the 18 hr. fasting marker. I then do some interval exercises and break the fast with a single scoop of protein powder as a shake...typically around 2pm. This then allows me to have a small dinner with my husband and still stay under 500 calories.

3. Limiting carbs and sodium on UD's is imperative for me. If I am diligent in this regard it helps me ALOT in several ways. (or should I say, weighs. :hyst:) I don't suffer from hunger, don't tend to overeat and don't retain water. I have just begun being more mindful of my UD calories and am confident that paying attention to this as well will help out a lot.

4. I need to do a better job of managing my expectations. Getting to where I am didn't happen overnight. It's a process...a learning process...a learning to love my body and my journey process....and every day of it is actually precious. I am thankful that I am still here to do this and that the knowledge and the help is out there to assist me in succeeding.

5. I need to focus on the positives that JUDDD provides, which are far above and beyond the weight loss aspects. My asthma has almost retreated completely. I have more energy. My joints are less sore. Most of the time, my mood is better, too.

6. This is a WOL and not a DIET.

Thank you, each of you, for sharing your hearts, your own journeys, your trials, your successes! You make it possible for us to start what seems almost lost. You cannot possibly imagine how important each of you is!

Thank you for your kindness, your friendship and your open arms!

Fondly and with a greatful heart,

Kim

Yennie 02-20-2013 12:17 PM

Kim, this is fantastic! Tomorrow is my 1 month JUDDD-iversary and I'm so thrilled! I'm with you, I've not been on a diet the last month, its a WOL.
I am so, so pleased you've seen positive benefits from JUDDD and you're feeling good.
I agree that the support here is second to none and I don't know how successful I'd be without it.
Here's to many more months on JUDDD, and getting the scale into the 1xx, and hitting GOAL!!!

Flutter 02-20-2013 12:25 PM

Hey, Kim, huge :congrats: to you! That's a lovely milestone you've hit! Woohooo!!! Carry on sista, good for you! :clap: :heart:

hot-in-texas 02-20-2013 01:00 PM

great post, you have learned so much, as am I. enjoying the journey, that is the best, most important piece of advice-thank you :)

ETA, and congratulations on getting to the 2's!!!!

vanilla_latte 02-20-2013 01:04 PM

Another JUDDD BUDDD!!! So glad this is working for you!! :jumpjoy: :up: :clap:

KeirasMom 02-20-2013 01:06 PM

What a wonderful testament to all the great things that come with JUDDDing, and with belonging to this community. Congratulations, and many more happy milestones to come!

mom23kids 02-20-2013 01:25 PM

:high5:

LoCarbGal 02-20-2013 01:29 PM

Wonderful Kim! I am so happy and thrilled to read your post, and I love it when everyone shares their experiences. We all learn and gain strength from it. You are doing great, and congratulations on being in the 2's! That is a big milestone! Love your observations - they'll serve you well as you go forward.

:up::up::up::clap::clap::clap::up::up::up:

sorenkkg 02-20-2013 01:36 PM

Good job Kim!!! :high5: I'm so impressed!

I'm still learning those lessons (and I've been at it almost a year), and it's so great to see success happening and validation of stuff I"ve been thinking lately (ie. like less carbs... just cuz I can, doesn't mean I should) :)

keep on rockin!!!
S.

jaymar 02-20-2013 02:24 PM

Welcome , Kim...so glad you are doing well, and I can tell you for a fact, this is the greatest place I have ever found in any community for weight loss,....I've been here almost three months, and I've had some ups and downs..:hyst:..but the ups by far outweigh the downs...see I'm a comediene too..but really, this is a place that you can feel welcome to ask questions...or say what's on your mind.
So much great information...so..just keep on doing what you need to do, and as someone says on here...(Librarygirl) ..don't give up on your dreams, because the time is going to pass, anyway..I really hold on to that..when I say that I think..well..so..what good is it going to do me to quit?...that won't stop time from passing..:dunno:

Carly 02-20-2013 03:33 PM

Kim, congrats and keep up the good work! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Librarygirl 02-20-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymar (Post 16270542)
Welcome , Kim...so glad you are doing well, and I can tell you for a fact, this is the greatest place I have ever found in any community for weight loss,....I've been here almost three months, and I've had some ups and downs..:hyst:..but the ups by far outweigh the downs...see I'm a comediene too..but really, this is a place that you can feel welcome to ask questions...or say what's on your mind.
So much great information...so..just keep on doing what you need to do, and as someone says on here...(Librarygirl) ..don't give up on your dreams, because the time is going to pass, anyway..I really hold on to that..when I say that I think..well..so..what good is it going to do me to quit?...that won't stop time from passing..:dunno:

You are one of the sweetest JB's, Jaymar. I take strength from you, gf!

:welcome: Kim, and thank you for such a great post!! Trust me, you will and do already add a lot of helpfulness with your posts as well. Congratulations on your "hallmark" and here's to more to come!:high5:

Luv2Eat 02-20-2013 05:12 PM

Awww, Kimmie :hugs: Congratulations on your milestones! We're blessed to have the warm, supportive community here on the JUDDD board - I'm so glad you're here with us :shake:

pugluv9802 02-20-2013 05:24 PM

This is great news. :shake::high5:

calichris 02-20-2013 05:31 PM

Congratulations, Kim! (also, I agree on the sodium on DDs ... if I have some, I just have to know that the scale might reflect water retention the next morning -- very consistently for me -- which isn't "real" weight, but isn't as encouraging as seeing a drop either :D).

Great work!

stephdray 02-20-2013 08:08 PM

Yay and Ditto!

zipp2play 02-21-2013 05:11 AM

Kim - what a wonderful post! I am so glad you are here and I see only HUGE success for you in the future!!!!

Familyvet 02-25-2013 06:06 AM

Congrats!!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
I am SOOOO happy for you!

Kissa 02-25-2013 07:16 AM

Kim I am late to the party but I wanted to add my congratulations. A milestone like dropping into anew 'century' is such a powerful thing. You should be very, very proud of yourself.

It is wonderful for us 'old timers' to see JUDDD helping others to strive to get to their goal and it means so much to everyone here to get reports like yours.

Thank you for sharing your 'up and downs', lol.

sterlinggirl 02-25-2013 07:33 AM

:hugs: WTG.. you are doing just awsome! So happy you found a WOL .. you are goin to rock JUDDD for sure!! :hugs: :heart: