Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Need Help! How do you control your UD.

I never thought I would be saying this, but I HATE Up days. I'm so good on my DD's. I'm productive, I'm light. I'm in charge. The weight the next day on the scale is more often than not highly pleasing to me and all is good.

Then comes the UD. I'm usually not hungry in the morning so much and I try not to eat but I know that I *can* so I do and IT DOES NOT STOP. Then if I'm being particularly bad, I finish off the evening with wine which does not help calorie wise (now, mood wise, that's another subject).

The problem is, I only eat 200-350 calories on my DD so if I tell myself you can only have 1700 calories the other days it feels very very depriving and I don't want to go there and I know it could lead to binging in me.

What do you do to cope? I really want to get the rest of this weight off yesterday and I feel like I'm sabotaging myself every other day.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Elise - I do the same thing and then I get it together and am good for a few UD's then go wild. I am at maintenance so I can afford to do that but I have NEVER managed to get all of my UD's controlled. All that to say I do not know what to tell you. DD's have never been my problem. BUT my UD's are always a problem. I get off track so easy. Doing the modified potato days have helped and on those days I do well. But I can't do them forever or at least I would rather not.
Course I am quitting Diet COke this week and I am pacing around trying to stay away from food and Diet Cokes too.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
When I was in WLM I had to be very strict, almost militant, with myself. I'm a little more relaxed now in maintenance, but in WLM I used my OCD to my advantage.

I logged every single bite before I took it. I used my calorie counting app on my phone so I never had an excuse to not log it. For me, seeing the numbers in black and white somehow made them more real, and made me more accountable. I did allow myself wine nearly every UD and treats, but I made sure they fit my calorie counts BEFORE I indulged.

I know that's not an easy answer, but it's what worked for me. Just think, once you hit maintenance, you get to be less rigid, and enjoy the fruits of all your hard work (even the fermented fruits)!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I plan what I am going to eat, using an online tracker to figure out the calories, carbs, protein, etc. before I eat a thing, or, at worst, after I have some coffee with cream. And then I try to follow that, weighing and measuring everything I eat. If I alter something (say, add a snack of a quarter cup of almonds), then I go back to the tracker and alter the input for what I'm going to eat the rest of the day, to accomodate that. It's kind of obsessive, but it's the only way I can reach but not exceed my UD calorie targets. Pretty much the same way Dawn describes it in an earlier post.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Maybe that's my problem. I log my food after I eat it not before...I'm going to have to get more militant but its not in my nature (which probably explains why I was fat all those years). I'm wondering if I skip breakfast completely whether this would help or make the desire to eat even greater.

Last edited by brewstate; 02-20-2013 at 09:30 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Elise- I am a breakfast eater. I find that an egg breakfast holds me until lunch. others can skip B but I prefer not to. I thiink skipping makes me hungrier in the later afternoon.
And I will admit that I lost my weight by having many many UUAD's but that doesn't work with maintenance. I am having to be more careful now that I am at goal than while losing. Backwards for me I guess.
When I started I logged everything into my online calculator and did keep up but I often went over and since I was tracking I knew how much over I went. I have never logged my foods after eating just before so I can get it in my head what I SHOULD eat that day.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
I log my food before I eat it too, and on UDs I do well with that MOST of the time, but logging my food on DDs seems to make me feel deprived--I think it's because I see how little there actually is or something.
Bows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I so wish I had the answer myself but am chiming in with a hug and support. I too find UDs to be restricting and they feel more like a diet than DDs - how weird is that?? I am trying a "no sugar" rule for for me Mon-Fri to see if that reigns me in on UDs. I just started so will report back. I am also staying off the scale for as long as I can stand because the stupid torture device holds way more power on my mood and will power than I care to give it. Wishing you much luck figuring this out - you have been sooooo successful to date. I am sure you will -- then let us all in on the secret!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yes to the logging before eating, and planning too. That has been crucial for me. I know what I can have all day long, and if I change my plans (which I do from time to time) I log it all in before so no surprises.

I have been skipping breakfast lately, on UDs and DDs both for the most part. I've never been a breakfast person though, so it works well for me. I just have my coffee w/HWC and then wait until lunch on UD or dinner on DD.

I want to lose this weight BAD. REALLY, REALLY BAD. That helps for me a lot too. I've had periods where I wanted to lose, but I didn't feel it in my gut, KWIM? This time around I REALLY WANT IT! It's made all the difference for me. But that's not something you can control. You are either in that place, or you're not. In my experience anyway.

Keep trying different things until you find what works for you. Little tweaks can make huge differences. Hang in there, you can do this!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I'm having this problem too. I start eating in the morning and graze till bedtime practically. Well, it seems like it lately. I don't know how I manage to eat as little as I do eod, when I cannot eat a normal calorie day on UDs. Let me know if you figure it out.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Oh, gosh...I have a problem with ud's and dd's...what did help me on the dd's was to get some frozen entrees..I know for sure how many calories are in them.
Ud's....like today..I got stuck out in town and got really hungry..so..I had my favorite double steakburger, which has about 500 cals in it..and some coffee..now I have to figure out dinner so that I don't go over..the problem with that is I need to save some for a snack, becuase I usually always want one...I have started planning a lot better and that seems to help me not go over..and I plan things that I really like so I don't feel so deprived...but here is how quick it can get away from me...say I have the steakburger...if I add a shake to the order I'd have to tack on at least 800 more calories, so thank God I have not been doing that,.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

I did find that eating three times a day with no snacks helped me stay with the lower calories on UD's. And I dont eat after 6pm and now 7pm since my evening chores take longer to do. Lot sof Diet Coke and now that I am quitting that I am having to drink water and hot tea just to keep me under control. YIKES!!
But we shall all succeed.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
Start Date: October 1st 2012
I wish I could control myself on UD's. I have taken action and tried my hardest to stick to my allowance rather than having constant UUAD's. I did well for a week, this week (week 2) I have already had 2 UD's that were over by 300-500 calories .

I wake up on DD's feeling like I could eat the house but don't, I stick to my allowance. I wake up on UD's and don't feel hungry at all, I could take it or leave it but that part of me knows it's my UD and I can eat so I do and then it can get out of control from there. I find myself eating for the sake of it, not actually because I feel physically hungry.

I really don't know how I'll manage to keep in control, not even counting or counting before I eat works for me. I have counted and logged ALL calories that I eat and before I eat (on both up and down days) since I started in October... yet I still continue to go way over even though I know I will be way over and can see it in black and white.

Start weight 219.25 lb - UK size 22/24
Current weight 174 lb - UK size 16/18
Goal weight 147 lb - UK size 14

Last edited by WantToBeSlim; 02-20-2013 at 11:55 AM..
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
I have not figured this out yet, however, I've been thinking if I tell myself it's a DD, and act like it is until after work, maybe that would help? That way when I get home, I can enjoy whatever, and most likely not go over.
Otherwise, I have been telling myself it is ok to have this snack or that snack in the mornings before lunch. Inevitably I am between 750-900 calories before 5:00 and end up going over after get home-because I always want to have something"good" on my UDs. And usually that one good thing is 500 calories, or more.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I think in part I'm struggling with diet fatigue which I always plowed through before, but now that I look SO much better (only slightly overweight instead of morbidly obese, wearing size 10 jeans) its harder to tell myself that I HAVE to be good.

I can easily maintain/lose pretty slowly eating UUAD's and good DD's and I always know this in the back of my head but I need to get that mindset back that lowcarbgal was talking about to make me want to be good. Esh, that's the hard part.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm going to work on a plan. I didn't do great today but I'm not going to drink any wine or eat anything further today and see how it goes.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
I so wish I had the answer myself but am chiming in with a hug and support. I too find UDs to be restricting and they feel more like a diet than DDs - how weird is that?? I am trying a "no sugar" rule for for me Mon-Fri to see if that reigns me in on UDs. I just started so will report back. I am also staying off the scale for as long as I can stand because the stupid torture device holds way more power on my mood and will power than I care to give it. Wishing you much luck figuring this out - you have been sooooo successful to date. I am sure you will -- then let us all in on the secret!
I think the no-sugar rule would help me too, but my selfish mind says, "If you're going to cut out sugar, you may as well go back to LC and eat every day." I lost faster, actually, on LC, but JUDDD was a plan I could live with, and eat anything I wanted. I do hate to think that will not work for me.

ETA: This morning I had a smoothie which came out to about 250 calories. I *knew* when I got to work I'd have Girl Scout cookies that I had ordered (and that came in yesterday). Stayed strong until about 9:30 am. Ate three cookies for 180 calories. Ate 3 more. Opened a different kind and ate 2. Ate 3 more. Opened my pretzel crisps and ate the whole bag for about 150 calories. Not hungry at lunch but felt like I "needed" to eat to curb the snack monster in the afternoon. Got a hotdog and potato chips...god knows how many calories...afternoon I had a handful of starburst jelly beans. Late afternoon, another pile of jelly beans. Nothing for dinner yet, but have had a cup of coffee with HWC. Oh, and I had a cup this morning before the smoothie too...by my estimation I'm at about 2000 calories and counting....my mind tells me if I skip dinner, DD tomorrow will be hell.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-20-2013 at 03:59 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
I think in part I'm struggling with diet fatigue which I always plowed through before, but now that I look SO much better (only slightly overweight instead of morbidly obese, wearing size 10 jeans) its harder to tell myself that I HAVE to be good.

I can easily maintain/lose pretty slowly eating UUAD's and good DD's and I always know this in the back of my head but I need to get that mindset back that lowcarbgal was talking about to make me want to be good. Esh, that's the hard part.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm going to work on a plan. I didn't do great today but I'm not going to drink any wine or eat anything further today and see how it goes.
Your own motivation plays a huge part. Sometimes in wonder if there is something in me, in my mind or psyche, that doesn't want, or is afraid to be skinny? Because I get to a certain weight(not obese any longer,just overweight) and then lose a little motivation. Am I scared to be skinny? And why would that be scary? I think maybe because then I wouldn't have to hide anymore, I would be out there. Sorry, don't mean to sound like a weirdo, and that probably isn't what you're going through...
Also, I wonder if anyone has ever tried alternating between LC and JUDDD. Would that be successful, I wonder. When you are losing motivation with one, alternate to the other? I feel like though, if I were to start LC again(which I am not planning to do anytime soon), that I would gain weight rapidly. Of course, that is what I felt going from LC to JUDDD.
Well, sorry to ramble! I hope this straightens out for you.' You look great BTW.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
For the most part I only eat at night- DD and UD. On occasion I have lunch on UD, but it is just a 140 calorie yogurt or 2 deli pops and a laughing cow wedge. On UD night I eat dinner as close to bedtime as possible, because this limits or eliminates my need/desire for a bedtime snack. But I try to always have a really enjoyable dinner on UDs and this also makes it so I don't have to spend all day tracking, but have plenty of calories to enjoy my dinner and a bedtime snack if I need it.

I know that may not work for everyone, but it has worked for me so far.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Your own motivation plays a huge part. Sometimes in wonder if there is something in me, in my mind or psyche, that doesn't want, or is afraid to be skinny? Because I get to a certain weight(not obese any longer,just overweight) and then lose a little motivation. Am I scared to be skinny? And why would that be scary? I think maybe because then I wouldn't have to hide anymore, I would be out there. Sorry, don't mean to sound like a weirdo, and that probably isn't what you're going through...
Also, I wonder if anyone has ever tried alternating between LC and JUDDD. Would that be successful, I wonder. When you are losing motivation with one, alternate to the other? I feel like though, if I were to start LC again(which I am not planning to do anytime soon), that I would gain weight rapidly. Of course, that is what I felt going from LC to JUDDD.
Well, sorry to ramble! I hope this straightens out for you.' You look great BTW.
This! It's scary to me too. I know I wouldn't have to fend off men, lol (or women) at my age, but it was uncomfortable to me when I was younger and skinny to be oggled and stared at. I began to like being invisible when I gained weight...I will have to work through this.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post

Maybe you could use a maintenance break, of just eating to maintenance level calories or some other plan like DD's only 2 out of 7 days or eating only within a 5-8 hour window every day. Some people seem to lose better overall if they let themselves take a month or 6 week maintenance break every so often, and then go back to their JUDDD calorie limits. It might be a way to cope with your diet fatigue, and you'd be maintaining for a while at a place where you are fairly comfortable--and you can always move out of maintenance whenever you feel so inclined.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pugluv9802
Stats: 193.8/168.2/150/ 5'10
WOE: Going to try JUDD 1-13-14
Start Date: 12/01/2013
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one. I sometimes act as if there is no tomorrow, I am trying to do better. I have started to measure my food and you know that really is enough. I think I eat with my "eyes" and not my stomach. It really upsets me that I can't control this eating issue, but I am working on it.
pugluv9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Yep, I'm with sven! I was thinking it might be a nice time to try a maintenance break for a few weeks! Might be just the thing to break the diet fatigue and let you get motivated again to plow back in to WLM! You have done FANTASTIC!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
So, I am not the only one struggling with this issue, I see. Which makes it easier for me to say that you're all being too hard on yourselves. You're citing lack of control, lack of motivation, you're wondering if there's something wrong with you that makes you want to stay fat, and so on. I think the issue is very simple: Your body is on to you.

It knows that you're not eating enough to maintain its mass. It registers the calorie deficit. It knows that every other day you are ignoring hunger signals and, therefore, can only assume that food must be scarce. Hence, when you start eating, it tells you to get in as many calories as possible now, because there may not be any tomorrow!

That's hard to fight. That's why I couldn't lose real weight on low carb--I could eat a lot of low carb food that still didn't add up to a calorie deficit. It's why I couldn't lose real weight on WW--I couldn't feel ravenously hungry and deprived every day without going mad. It's why JUDDD is now a strange challenge in which I can control my DDs but UDs are more of a struggle.

If JUDDD has taught me anything, it's that, contrary to what I've always believed about myself, I actually have wildly impressive powers of self-control. I can endure hunger pains. I can endure distraction. I can endure dizziness and faintness. I have had so many skinny friends of mine gasp when they learn about how few calories I subsist upon every other day. They are awed.

Because I am fricken awesome. And so are you.

But it's hard to be awesome every day. Which means that we have to do things to make it easier for ourselves on Up Days. Almost assuredly, that means planning and counting before you eat it. (This helps me but sometimes I find that whatever I planned isn't enough and I need a plan for that too.) Maybe it means skipping breakfast and having an eating window. Maybe that means making sure we have lower calorie options around the house. (Those 190 calorie Kind bars I keep reaching for when it's snack time can't help, no matter how healthy the are!) Maybe it means scheduling tea breaks ritualistically throughout the day. Maybe it means watching carbs, though not eliminating them. Or maybe it means saving your carb blow out for later in the day when it's closer to bed time. It's clear that just as it took us a while to figure out the magic combination that would help on DDs, we're going to have to think through ways to make UDs better.

Let's resolve to keep changing things up without beating ourselves up!

Last edited by stephdray; 02-20-2013 at 08:03 PM..
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
So, I am not the only one struggling with this issue, I see. Which makes it easier for me to say that you're all being too hard on yourselves. You're citing lack of control, lack of motivation, you're wondering if there's something wrong with you that makes you want to stay fat, and so on. I think the issue is very simple: Your body is on to you.

It knows that you're not eating enough to maintain its mass. It registers the calorie deficit. It knows that every other day you are ignoring hunger signals and, therefore, can only assume that food must be scarce. Hence, when you start eating, it tells you to get in as many calories as possible now, because there may not be any tomorrow!

That's hard to fight. That's why I couldn't lose real weight on low carb--I could eat a lot of low carb food that still didn't add up to a calorie deficit. It's why I couldn't lose real weight on WW--I couldn't feel ravenously hungry and deprived every day without going mad. It's why JUDDD is now a strange challenge in which I can control my DDs but UDs are more of a struggle.

If JUDDD has taught me anything, it's that, contrary to what I've always believed about myself, I actually have wildly impressive powers of self-control. I can endure hunger pains. I can endure distraction. I can endure dizziness and faintness. I have had so many skinny friends of mine gasp when they learn about how few calories I subsist upon every other day. They are awed.

Because I am fricken awesome. And so are you.

But it's hard to be awesome every day. Which means that we have to do things to make it easier for ourselves on Up Days. Almost assuredly, that means planning and counting before you eat it. (This helps me but sometimes I find that whatever I planned isn't enough and I need a plan for that too.) Maybe it means skipping breakfast and having an eating window. Maybe that means making sure we have lower calorie options around the house. (Those 190 calorie Kind bars I keep reaching for when it's snack time can't help, no matter how healthy the are!) Maybe it means scheduling tea breaks ritualistically throughout the day. Maybe it means watching carbs, though not eliminating them. Or maybe it means saving your carb blow out for later in the day when it's closer to bed time. It's clear that just as it took us a while to figure out the magic combination that would help on DDs, we're going to have to think through ways to make UDs better.

Let's resolve to keep changing things up without beating ourselves up!
I wish I had a "fabulous post" emoticon to use her, because that is exactly what you just posted, Steph. Those are words to live by. I'm going to print out your message and pin it up in my house, to remind myself of your wise perspective. Thank you.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Stephdray, you're a genius! Yes, that's it - the body is on to the game!

I agree - anybody who can tolerate the stresses of JUDDD is frickin awesome! It's quite a practice of discpline.

Shake it up, Baby. . . . Twist and Shout . . . C'mon and Shake it all out
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

I agree Steph. I believe that self control is a myth that is propagated by people who have always been slim to make those of us that NEVER were, feel bad. I've been fat pretty much since I was born (I was wearing an 18 when I was 12). My dad was bigger and eventually so was my mom. On the other hand, my 40 year old brother-in-law wears a size 31/32 jeans and has NEVER had to worry about what he eats (including dinner, plus a bowl of cereal afterwards because why not right?). He just eats what he wants and stays skinny. Does he have more self control than me? Heck no, he's never had to limit anything like that in his life unlike me (and many of you) that eventually got down to eating nothing but eggs for weeks on end, trying to break past 190 lbs (I absolutely hate eggs too which makes it even worse).

So there is something to this. However, in my case, my mind is really playing tricks on me because I will admit that on UD's I want to eat but there are really no signals such as gnawing hunger that makes me do it. Truthfully its because I can and I WANT to.

Now how do you beat that

The weird part is I don't WANT to go on a maintenance break because I want to be done (I have been dieting pretty seriously for nearly 5 years strait with a few extended breaks for childbirth ). So obviously the motivation is still there so yes, I think my body is sabotaging my efforts probably because of my increased carb amounts.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to cut out the sugar and the grains (I'm a major sugar-holic and will admit that eating something sweet or starchy is usually what starts my problem). We went gluten free for my son and I was hoping that was enough but lower carb is the ONLY thing that has ever kept my hunger monster under control. Grrr. The worst part is I don't want to anymore.

Last edited by brewstate; 02-21-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Old 02-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I have a hard time with UD's off and on too.

Here is what I have learned. I can choose only ONE meal to be an indulgence. I usually skip breakfast, have a "light" lunch, and save an ABUNDANCE of calories to have a fun dinner, and even save some for dessert if I want.

I DO have to plan ahead, and find myself sipping hot tea to get through till dinner if I must.

This is most UD's for me. Or, once in a while I do have a day where I will have 400 for breakfast, 600 for snacks/lunch and only 800 for dinner. It really is about having a plan. If BF brings home donuts for us (because he knows it's a DD) Then I will have 1 donut... and have to rebudget for the day.

Once I hit maintenance again (gained a few after vacation) I will allow myself one UUAD each week. I still count, but I eat what I want. I keep to 500 cal DD's even in maintenance, because that is what works for me. With the occasional 600-700.

I hope this helps.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToBeSlim View Post
I wish I could control myself on UD's. I have taken action and tried my hardest to stick to my allowance rather than having constant UUAD's. I did well for a week, this week (week 2) I have already had 2 UD's that were over by 300-500 calories .

I wake up on DD's feeling like I could eat the house but don't, I stick to my allowance. I wake up on UD's and don't feel hungry at all, I could take it or leave it but that part of me knows it's my UD and I can eat so I do and then it can get out of control from there. I find myself eating for the sake of it, not actually because I feel physically hungry.

I really don't know how I'll manage to keep in control, not even counting or counting before I eat works for me. I have counted and logged ALL calories that I eat and before I eat (on both up and down days) since I started in October... yet I still continue to go way over even though I know I will be way over and can see it in black and white.
This is how I did JUDDD for the most part but the diet still worked for me since I did very controlled DD's. I am working on the maintenance aspect at this time. Tried a few of the other IF plans and they did not work for me so I am EOD and working on getting those UD's under control and I have been Juddding for 13 months. You would have thought I could get a grip by now. Just taking it day by day until I get those UD's at 1600 calories rather than 2000+.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Adill, and Wanttobslim.
Adill ur a pro at this woe! Wink
I too have days of just want to eat.
We all have good days an not so good. try not to best urself up.
I get it, then it fades, then i get, then it fades. So far I'm doing well with it.
I proud of my last two dd,yesterday's was 400 ish, low for me.
Today UD , holding good, 400 left for evening meal.
I've been super busy out of the house, shopping, visiting, that helps me.
Well, sometimes. smile
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote