Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Tuesday - plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/797461-ud-tuesday-plans.html)

sorenkkg 02-19-2013 09:55 AM

UD Tuesday - plans

Hi Gang!

Hope you had a good weekend :) I ate a lot of fun things :) and now need a bunch of good days to lose some water and get back to my sig number!

B: chocolate cheerios and almond milk
L: can of tuna, light mayo, and 1.5 pcs (ends) of multigrain bread
S: not sure, working on that now
D: pork ribs, maybe some frozen veggies?

Flutter 02-19-2013 12:44 PM

<waving!!> My diet is supposed to be all low fiber white yuck this week in prep for colonoscopy. Blah! No veggies, nuts or beans. :(

B: none, just coffee with sf creamer
L: (out) 3 chicken strips w/ small fries, diet soda
S: skinny caramel latte, 1 small caramel ghiradelli square
D: tuna steak, mashed potatoes

hot-in-texas 02-19-2013 12:54 PM

Breakfast-trail mix from the break room at work, lemon water
Lunch-enchilada casserole with zucchini instead of tortillas
snack-berry smoothie made with almond milk and FF vanila yogurt
dinner-will probably be italian sausages with green beans , and roasted potatoes
I really really want a cupcake today-an extra good/big one from a bakery

sorenkkg 02-19-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16268051)
<waving!!> My diet is supposed to be all low fiber white yuck this week in prep for colonoscopy. Blah! No veggies, nuts or beans. :(

ew, really? i didn't know that... :hugs: well, live it up, I guess? :p

LoCarbGal 02-19-2013 01:14 PM

B: Coffee w/HWC
L: 1 slice Pepperoni Pizza
D: Vodka gimlet, taco salad
D: Brownies w/chocolate frosting, wine

Flutter 02-19-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16268114)
ew, really? i didn't know that... :hugs: well, live it up, I guess? :p

:rofl: I know! Eww w is right! 1 week prior, start a low fiber diet. Absolutely no veggies, nuts, whole wheat or beans...no tomato products, either...that's what my test prep paper states.

I am so looking forward to having this week, and this test, over! :sick:

hot-in-texas 02-19-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16268243)
:rofl: I know! Eww w is right! 1 week prior, start a low fiber diet. Absolutely no veggies, nuts, whole wheat or beans...no tomato products, either...that's what my test prep paper states.

I am so looking forward to having this week, and this test, over! :sick:

:console:

sorenkkg 02-19-2013 02:38 PM

Well, I hear (from Oprah ;) )that the colonoscopy drugs are gooooood :cool: :up: so I guess that's something.

Um, ice cream, waffles, and white pasta with cream sauce? I'm pretty sure i could find ways to make this low fiber thing sort of fun, but we'd probably gain 10000 pounds, so... maybe just take it easy and it will all be behind you soon.
:D
S.

hot-in-texas 02-19-2013 02:48 PM

my sister had a colonoscopy last week. Have you had one before? She said it was kind of hard to drink this stuff you have to drink?
sorry you have to go through it-don't let it bum you out.

ETA:console::console:

Flutter 02-19-2013 02:54 PM

:rofl: Gee, THANKS guys! :P

Yea, I've had one before, but that was 5 years ago, I think? Anyhoo, I was able to take pills for the prep back then. Now my GI won't let me b/c he says they cause kidney damage. (lovely!) Sooooo, yea, I have to try to drink the nasty stuff. THAT is the part I'm dreading. The test itself is no biggie. In fact, I have an upper scope 2 weeks after the other. (prep for that is just fasting after midnight. Is that even allowed to be called "prep"? LOL!)

Flutter 02-19-2013 02:58 PM

Soren, haha, you do make those white foods sound good girl! Of course, I only have 2 more UDs of that stuff before the test...and 3 DDs in a row come Sunday. That part bites! (watch my scale numbers go up, up and awaaaaay with 3 consecutive DDs! haha, outta be comical!)

Yennie 02-19-2013 03:18 PM

Ug, that sounds unpleasant although the drugs part...I've yet to have the, ahem, pleasure of a colonoscopy myself but I have been the driver for a few friends with different GI procedures. If their joy is any indication, maybe its worth it for the happy juice alone?
Anyway...
B: Coffee w HWC, 1/2 a yeast roll (not nearly as good as I had hoped with it being 3 days old, hence only eating 1/2 of it) 130
L: Some broth potatoes with a bit of butter, SC and shredded cheese (hey, its an UD!) ~450
S: Pecans 200
D: We're getting Little Caesar's Pizza. I'm going to try to stick to 2 pieces of pizza and 2 breadsticks which will make dinner 800 cals.
This puts me at 1580, so I need another 400 somewhere. I'll probably eat more nuts or maybe an Atkins indulge. Last time I needed to make up cals and had a bowl of ice cream it made me sick.
I *NEVER* thought I'd say this but there are some UDs where I find it hard to eat all my cals. Today is one. My stomach HURTS after my lunch.

Flutter 02-19-2013 03:55 PM

Had some of those UDs myself, yennie. I still occassionally do! (but alot of times, as the UD calculator cals go down, my appetite goes up, oy!)

I don't remember the scope drugs to be that great guys. My last colonoscopy I came out and told DH what the doc saw in there, b/c I saw it on the screen myself! ;) For one of my upper scopes, I threw up on the way home. I have issues. LOL!

Yennie 02-19-2013 07:50 PM

Well, I had no problem putting away 3 pieces of pizza and 2 breadsticks. I'm definitely comfortably full but not overly stuffed. So now there is no deficit to fill with nuts or ice cream or ... I'm just gonna keep drinking my lemon water until bed time.