Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   protein shakes and/or smoothies (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/797380-protien-shakes-smoothies.html)

pugluv9802 02-18-2013 09:27 AM

protein shakes and/or smoothies

Can anyone post some easy recipes for smoothies or shakes. I am not the least bit creative when it comes to this. I really don't know a starter. I am tired of eating solid foods, can't believe I said this:lol: TIA

piratejenny 02-18-2013 11:52 AM

Here are some ideas:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...your-best.html

Low Carb Friends - Search Results
("shake" in thread title)

Are you looking for low-carb or DD shakes?
Or just shakes/smoothies in general?

I usually just throw stuff in a blender without measuring!
It all depends on what I have around, what I'm craving,
or if I feel I need certain nutrients.

adillenal 02-18-2013 12:16 PM

I don't make homemade shakes or smoothies. If I am traveling or in a place where I can't find the kind of food I need, I take Pure Protein chocolate shakes at 120 calories each. I use chocolate since that is the only flavor my local tiny Wal-Mart stocks.

Yennie 02-18-2013 03:03 PM

I start with a chocolate whey based protein powder (dont like the vanilla flavored one) and,depending on my mood I add:
P2B, real peanut butter, almond butter, strawberries, bananas, a drop of mint extract. Using sugar free pudding powders are a good way to add flavor without a lot of calories. I use vanilla, butterscotch, pistachio to name a few. I've also added coconut oil to a chocolate shake, tastes like a chocolate maccaroon.

Carly 02-18-2013 03:57 PM

For DD I like:
Unsweetened vanilla almond milk- 1/2 cup.
1-2 T pure pumpkin puree from the can.
SF maple syrup or walden farms 0 calorie pancake syrup
1/2 t gluc powder
dash of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
SF davinci syrups- toasted marshmellow, english toffee, etc...
4 big ice cubes

Blend for a few minutes the gluc powder will make it really thick and creamy

I've also added a T of walden farms marshmellow dip or some cappella drops

Librarygirl 02-18-2013 04:03 PM

That sounds good Carly! I need to make a purchase from Netrition. I need some coffee syrup and gluc powder. If I only buy one SF syrup would you recommend the vanilla or caramel? I like both flavors. I guess I'm asking which one tastes the best, or is it just a matter of preference? I think I'm just going to order several lol. As for the gluc powder, netrition description says to mix it with water before adding...do you need to do this with shakes/smoothies too?

Carly 02-18-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16266264)
That sounds good Carly! I need to make a purchase from Netrition. I need some coffee syrup and gluc powder. If I only buy one SF syrup would you recommend the vanilla or caramel? I like both flavors. I guess I'm asking which one tastes the best, or is it just a matter of preference? I think I'm just going to order several lol. As for the gluc powder, netrition description says to mix it with water before adding...do you need to do this with shakes/smoothies too?

I say caramel, but I like all the flavors and never have less that 5 options open at any given time. I also use the davinci syrup to rehydrate my PB2 that I eat more frequently on UD since I like more than 2 T :o

Librarygirl 02-18-2013 04:14 PM

What is the advantage of PB2 over Peanut Butter, besides calories? Sorry for the TJ!

Yennie 02-18-2013 04:39 PM

Lower cal, lower fat is all I know of.

Librarygirl 02-18-2013 04:42 PM

I think I'll stick with Peanut Butter. :D I don't eat it crazily or binge on it. A jar usually lasts 6 months. Now that I've said that, it might become something I can't stop thinking about LOL! :D

pugluv9802 02-18-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 16265795)
Here are some ideas:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...your-best.html

Low Carb Friends - Search Results
("shake" in thread title)

Are you looking for low-carb or DD shakes?
Or just shakes/smoothies in general?

I usually just throw stuff in a blender without measuring!
It all depends on what I have around, what I'm craving,
or if I feel I need certain nutrients.

For DD and taste:D

b_lou_who 02-19-2013 02:26 PM

okay, I am incredibly boring in this area.
I regularly mix hemp protein with plain water and drink it, at work or at home before going to exercise.
Sometimes I shake hemp up with a little greek yogurt, 3 drops vanilla stevia, and up to 4oz organic carrot juice. In summer I might blend that with ice at home, but not at work. My favorite smoothie of all time was always vanilla frozen yogurt, fresh carrot juice, and vanilla protein. It is also my favorite popsicle in the Zoku.
Occasionally I do SunWarrior warrior blend vanilla with a tbsp pb2 with 4oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

route66 02-20-2013 11:11 AM

1/4 c full fat greek style yogurt
about 5 oz berries - usually blues and blacks (lately 1 T pomegranate seeds)
1/4 - 1/2 c healthy balance apple juice
Splenda or equivalent

If I want more cals:
optional 1 T coconut oil
optional 1/2 - 1 scoop protein powder
optional 1-2 T heavy whipping cream
optional 1/2 banana - makes it thicker, too