Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Sunday (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/797347-ud-sunday.html)

tobelowcarber 02-17-2013 02:48 PM

UD Sunday

B: 2 eggs cooked in ghee, 4 oz lamb burger
L: x
D: lamb curry, roasted cauliflower and broccoli with EVOO, beet soup, 2 HB eggs

total 1607 cal/58 gr carbs

Yennie 02-17-2013 03:04 PM

B: 1 cup coffee with skim milk & SF vanilla syrup, 1 piece whole wheat toast w peanut butter
S: 1 "Chocolate Outrage" Gu, handful of peanut butter filled pretzels, 2 pieces of twizzler licorice, 2 small dixie cups gatorade
L: Dickey's BBQ Brisket sandwich, fried, onion tanglers, sweet tea, a few bites ice cream
D: Whatever I want (probably leftover Chinese)
Total: Not a clue in the world & I don't care because I ran 8.25 miles today 1:05 min/mile UNDER my goal pace!!!

hot-in-texas 02-17-2013 03:49 PM

Breakfast-1/2 banana, 1Tbs. Peanut butter
Lunch-2 pork enchiladas, side of taco salad, 1 serving Jen's jalapeņo bread(it was a hit)

Dessert-very thin piece of tiramisu
Snack-2 hocus pocus buns(marshmellow, cinnamon, sugar baked in a crescent roll)
and an extra marshmallow.
This may end up being a very very high calorie UD.

Jen congrats on your successful run!

Yennie 02-17-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16264502)
Lunch-2 pork enchiladas, side of taco salad, 1 serving Jen's jalapeņo bread(it was a hit)
Yay! Glad you guys liked it! Its good reheated too if there are any leftovers (yeah right!)

This sounds fantastic, I think I need to try this.

Thank you! I saw you were posting over at the C25K thread. I'm gonna pop over there and join in - I'm actually going to start up the C25K, then 10 then 1/2 as I'm signed up for a 1/2 on Aug 10th. I really really wanna break sub 2:30. I don't know if I can do it, the course is really hilly. I've hit 1/2 way in both my marathons in <2:30 so I know I can do it, I just gotta DO it!

:)

hot-in-texas 02-17-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16264509)
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas
Yay! Glad you guys liked it! Its good reheated too if there are any leftovers (yeah right!)
*There weren't any left! Next time I'm adding the jalapeņo juice and extra jalapeņos, yummy******

This sounds fantastic, I think I need to try this.
*they were not worth the calories in my opinion, so why did I eat 2?:p******

Thank you! I saw you were posting over at the C25K thread. I'm gonna pop over there and join in - I'm actually going to start up the C25K, then 10 then 1/2 as I'm signed up for a 1/2 on Aug 10th. I really really wanna break sub 2:30. I don't know if I can do it, the course is really hilly. I've hit 1/2 way in both my marathons in <2:30 so I know I can do it, I just gotta DO it!

I think you can do it! I've been wanting to do the couch to 5 K. I have never run my whole life except for H.S. PE. Now that it is maybe starting to get warm out, I need to get off my behind and do it. I am biiig procrastinator.

Yennie 02-17-2013 05:11 PM

The single best thing, in my opinion, you can do is to go to a running store and get fitted for proper shoes. I mean, a REAL running store, not the shoe section of the local Big 5 or Dicks Sporting Goods. They will evaluate your gait, foot, etc and get you into a decent pair of shoes. This will significantly improve your experience. They're pricey - $90-150 a pair (of course I need the expensive ones, routinely $145 a pair) but if you go in, find the ones you like and write down the brand and style and SIZE, you may be able to find last year's styles on line in closeout. Your size will likely be 1/2 to 1 whole size bigger depending on your foot - need room for your feet to swell. (Pleasant thought, isn't it?) Seriously though, save yourself agony and find out if you actually enjoy running by doing yourself this one gigantic favor and investing in decent shoes. They will seriously be the most comfortable thing you'll ever put on your feet. I am not exaggerating. :)

Flutter 02-17-2013 05:32 PM

OOoh, running is fun! I'll never be able to do it again (thank you hidious knees!) but if you can, it's a great way to blow off steam & unwind!

Glad you had fun, yennie! WTG!

B: 2 scrambled eggs, coffee w/ creamer
L: chicken garden salad w/ lf rasp vin dressing
S: 2 small homemade cc bar cookies, 1 valentine candy
D: pasta w/ ground sirloin in sauce, sprinkle of lf mozz
S: ahem, rum & diet. :)
I'm a bit over on cals again today. I think I'm at 1850. Better knock this off!

hot-in-texas 02-17-2013 06:41 PM

That's great advice Jen, I would have gone directly to Big 5 lol. I honestly do not know if we even have a running store where I live! I do want to do this, thanks for the motivation:)

Yennie 02-17-2013 07:10 PM

I just googled "West Texas Running Store" and one of the first links was a running club. That would be a good source of info for running stores. There were a couple stores that popped up in the first few links, they'd be good places to start as well. Not knowing exactly where you live, and knowing pretty much nothing about Texas geography I can't really be more exact than that. :)
Also, if you're anywhere near Lubbock (?), they have an active chapter of "Moms Run This Town" which is an awesome nation wide group of moms who run!

hot-in-texas 02-17-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16264782)
I just googled "West Texas Running Store" and one of the first links was a running club. That would be a good source of info for running stores. There were a couple stores that popped up in the first few links, they'd be good places to start as well. Not knowing exactly where you live, and knowing pretty much nothing about Texas geography I can't really be more exact than that. :)
Also, if you're anywhere near Lubbock (?), they have an active chapter of "Moms Run This Town" which is an awesome nation wide group of moms who run!

Yeah, I live in Lubbock. That's pretty cool, I will have to get started and really work at it if I want to join a club and not make a complete fool of myself lol

hot-in-texas 02-17-2013 07:14 PM

OK so I just saw we have a store called Foot Tech and one called Run Tech.

Yennie 02-17-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16264788)
Yeah, I live in Lubbock. That's pretty cool, I will have to get started and really work at it if I want to join a club and not make a complete fool of myself lol

Nah. Join up and get support! Although there will be women there who are uber fit & fast, there are just as likely to be gals who are just starting out and slow. Most run clubs, especially all-women run clubs, are a lot like these boards. Newbies with lots of questions, and experienced people willing to lend advice and experience.