Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DianeDelgado
Stats: 199/176.2/145
WOE: Atkins 1/2009
Start Date: JUDD 1/2013
CLA supplement updates

Good morning:
I have been reading about CLA supplements, and when I did a search on this forum I found a thread with quite a few people giving it a try. The last entry was in November 2012, so I was wondering if people are still taking it, and if so, what are the results.
Thanks!
DianeDelgado is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I finished my bottle of CLA, but I really didn't see any difference so I didn't buy anymore. No sense wasting the money. But I may not have given it enough time either.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
From what I have read about cla, the people who claimed to have success were taking a large amount of it...I thought about trying it, but thought..wow..I would not want to have to take so much in order to get some results...that's just me,...I know one thing, if I keep to this woe I am going to get where I want to be...and I really need to get there...or else I will be in a wheelchair..because my spine is deteriorating, and all I can do is be grateful that I found this place, and grateful for all the wonderful people here who encourage and share their success..For the first time, ever, when I see my results starting to slow way down, I am willing to go back to induction and to look for what I am doing wrong, and try to correct it..so far, it is working very well...I've lost 25 lbs since the end of Nov...I would not, and could not have done it without all of the encouragement from coming to this board..I thank you all for being such great people..
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
jaymar, Love to read this! You will get there!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

The informatin I was reading said that about 4000 mg is the optimum dose. I have been trying to read more about anyone experiencing any negative side effects, and I haven't found any yet (but not finished reading). It seems like it helps boost metabilism, which always worries me that it could give you that "shakey" feeling.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
From what I have read about cla, the people who claimed to have success were taking a large amount of it...I thought about trying it, but thought..wow..I would not want to have to take so much in order to get some results...that's just me,...I know one thing, if I keep to this woe I am going to get where I want to be...and I really need to get there...or else I will be in a wheelchair..because my spine is deteriorating, and all I can do is be grateful that I found this place, and grateful for all the wonderful people here who encourage and share their success..For the first time, ever, when I see my results starting to slow way down, I am willing to go back to induction and to look for what I am doing wrong, and try to correct it..so far, it is working very well...I've lost 25 lbs since the end of Nov...I would not, and could not have done it without all of the encouragement from coming to this board..I thank you all for being such great people..
Aww Jaymar! I'm so glad you're here too. Your posts are always so thoughtful and you are a big part of the encouraging atmosphere here! And you're doing GREAT!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

This is a great place to be Jaymar! Glad you are here.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeDelgado View Post
The informatin I was reading said that about 4000 mg is the optimum dose. I have been trying to read more about anyone experiencing any negative side effects, and I haven't found any yet (but not finished reading). It seems like it helps boost metabilism, which always worries me that it could give you that "shakey" feeling.
I think I was mistakenly only taking about 2000mg per day. Maybe that's why I didn't see the results I thought I would. If you do it, please post your results. I might reconsider it and do it right this time.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I'm so glad to be here too...and it's important for you all to know that you are playing a very big part in helping others..you really are..it's contagious on this board..on the cla, I was concerned that it might raise my blood sugar..since I don't think my meter works anymore..I can't get one free because the Dr took diabetic off of my chart when the numbers stayed in the normal range...I guess that's the one thing I would watch while taking cla especially if you've ever had a problem with it like I did..I've seen ads for the cla where people claim they lost 50 lbs and up , you just never know how if will affect another person.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I felt like I was seeing good results when taking CLA but then over the holidays, all my vitamins fell by the wayside.

I'm back to my regular multi-vitamins, fish oil, biotin and extra C & D and calcium. But I have not started back with the CLA yet. You kind of motivated me, though, and maybe I will soon.

What I'm wondering is should I stop taking the fish oil supplements when I start taking the CLA? If anyone has an opinion on this, please let me know!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I have a bottle (NOW, from Netrition) and 3 softgels are 2400 mg. I will try to take close to the 4000 for the duration of this bottle (3 weeks?). I still haven't found any negative effects listed yet; if anyone has knowledge of any, please let me know.