Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Shari hit goal!

I would be thrilled to have 700 cal dd! You are going to rock this maintenance! Shari, you have done what I am planning on and I have a much lower UD, so I will be watching closely to see how this pans out for you!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
This plan was on the Today Show this morning. Anyone see it? I caught the tail end of it, but from what I saw they put it in a negative light. They interviewed lay people on the street and said "Could you do this diet (inferring 500 calories 2 days a week?) ?" Of course they said "No!! I could not live on 500 calories". Of course if you don't understand and know what you are doing or even why......they WOULD say no. I would too!! Even the doc they interviewed said it was "no good". She saw where you could have binge tendencies on the UDs. Some people just don't understand I wish they would interview a doc who has actually read any study at all about IF and/or the 5:2 plan But they did say it was a new fad diet. So now I am wondering if there will be more interest in this plan.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
So disappointing to see another knee-jerk response from the media, and for that matter, the majority of the medical industry. Just like with low-carb. We really need some journalists who are willing to do a little actual research, and don't go into stories with a pre-conceived idea of what the truth is. At least we know the truth!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I tell you why the media is not buying it. Has absolutely nothing to do with science and everything to do with MONEY.

Intermittent Fasting doesn't require supplements, prescriptions, buying pre-packaged processed food, or buying a special DVD. Anyone can do it and it cuts your grocery bill in half, so why would they promote it?

When I do the tater hack, I am literally spending at most $2-$3 per day. Just like our grandparents and their grands, this is common logic. Jenny Craig, South Beach, Nutri-System, Biggest Loser, all lose money when you start eating your own home cooked meals and living on half of what you used to spend.

And the truth about fasting is that it benefits and heals many diseases that unfortunately opens another can of worms, that I don't care to discuss, but everyone who has studied IF can attest to. I hate cover-ups, hypocrisy, and duplicity which somehow abound in our public media which is everywhere we look tv, newspapers, radio, etc.

Oh geez, this lit a fire in me this morn. Carry on.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 02-23-2013 at 07:55 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal

And I agree 100%. Like Dr. Mercola poiunts out in many of his blog posts - big pharma is behind a lot of things.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #36

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
sunday--you should have seen me while watching woke me up real fast that is for sure But you are so right. If anyone is not making money (docs included) they won't support it. We know it works so that is what matters
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Yup, yup, yup! Burns me up.......
Old 02-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I tried to find recaps of the show, but only found something about master cleanse back in 2006, I think.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
It amazes me how misinformed the public stays about health in general. Seems like people just blindly follow what their doctors tell them without questioning anything. As a matter of fact they say, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results."

The best part about it is that we have found something that WORKS!!! If the general public wanted to change things, they would.

Which brings me to a burning question that I have had... I have pretty much just started this program, but I am already seeing a great deal of changes in myself. I assume that people are going to start noticing soon and asking questions. My question is....What is their reaction when they find out you are fasting? I'm sure there is a lot of "well, I could NEVER do that!" How do you respond?
Familyvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

I haven't told anyone outside of my immediate family. Everyone else is used to be low carbing for a long time, which I still do mostly. So when they see me eating something carby, they say "taking the day off?" or something like that and I just agree. I am not ready to deal with the skepticism and doubt, or feel like I need to justify myself. Later, when I'm much closer to goal, I'll come out into the light and tell everyone.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyvet View Post

Which brings me to a burning question that I have had... I have pretty much just started this program, but I am already seeing a great deal of changes in myself. I assume that people are going to start noticing soon and asking questions. My question is....What is their reaction when they find out you are fasting? I'm sure there is a lot of "well, I could NEVER do that!" How do you respond?
Nobody ever asked me anything about my eating even when it was obvious I was losing weight. Course I had them confused by eating carrot cake one day and turkey slices rolled aorund pickle spears the next day.

I never mention the word fasting though. I just calorie cycle.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I have had support for the most part at work. However yesterday a co-worker said she had decided not to restrict calories right now because of the cold, unpredictable weather (suggesting that the cold I contracted two days ago was because of fasting). I.e., that the body can't fight off germs as easily when calories are restricted. I didn't say that I felt the opposite to be true.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-23-2013 at 09:34 AM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
Calorie cycling...that's a great idea! Im not sure why I feel the need to answer everyone's questions all the time. However, I have been known to get on my high horse lecturing my "hypoglycemic" friends who tell me they need to eat more sugar. ARRRGHHHH!

Maybe I'll just say, "Wouldn't you like to know??"
Familyvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Shari hit goal!

I would be thrilled to have 700 cal dd! You are going to rock this maintenance! Shari, you have done what I am planning on and I have a much lower UD, so I will be watching closely to see how this pans out for you!
Thanks, sunday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
This plan was on the Today Show this morning. Anyone see it? I caught the tail end of it, but from what I saw they put it in a negative light. They interviewed lay people on the street and said "Could you do this diet (inferring 500 calories 2 days a week?) ?" Of course they said "No!! I could not live on 500 calories". Of course if you don't understand and know what you are doing or even why......they WOULD say no. I would too!! Even the doc they interviewed said it was "no good". She saw where you could have binge tendencies on the UDs. Some people just don't understand I wish they would interview a doc who has actually read any study at all about IF and/or the 5:2 plan But they did say it was a new fad diet. So now I am wondering if there will be more interest in this plan.
I didn't see it either.......wish I had. Maybe we can see it online next week? Sometimes there's a lag in what shows are shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I tell you why the media is not buying it. Has absolutely nothing to do with science and everything to do with MONEY.

Intermittent Fasting doesn't require supplements, prescriptions, buying pre-packaged processed food, or buying a special DVD. Anyone can do it and it cuts your grocery bill in half, so why would they promote it?

When I do the tater hack, I am literally spending at most $2-$3 per day. Just like our grandparents and their grands, this is common logic. Jenny Craig, South Beach, Nutri-System, Biggest Loser, all lose money when you start eating your own home cooked meals and living on half of what you used to spend.

And the truth about fasting is that it benefits and heals many diseases that unfortunately opens another can of worms, that I don't care to discuss, but everyone who has studied IF can attest to. I hate cover-ups, hypocrisy, and duplicity which somehow abound in our public media which is everywhere we look tv, newspapers, radio, etc.

Oh geez, this lit a fire in me this morn. Carry on.
These people need fires lit under THEM!!!

Quote:
It amazes me how misinformed the public stays about health in general. Seems like people just blindly follow what their doctors tell them without questioning anything. As a matter of fact they say, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results."

The best part about it is that we have found something that WORKS!!! If the general public wanted to change things, they would.

Most people don't ask me either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Nobody ever asked me anything about my eating even when it was obvious I was losing weight. Course I had them confused by eating carrot cake one day and turkey slices rolled aorund pickle spears the next day.

I never mention the word fasting though. I just calorie cycle.
Shari4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I have had support for the most part at work. However yesterday a co-worker said she had decided not to restrict calories right now because of the cold, unpredictable weather (suggesting that the cold I contracted two days ago was because of fasting). I.e., that the body can't fight off germs as easily when calories are restricted. I didn't say that I felt the opposite to be true.
This is what my sister said when I was sick a couple of months ago! I think I had the flu!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I don't really like to have discussions about it. A lot of people say Oh, you have to tell me exactly what you did." I just say google The Alternate Day diet by Dr. Johnson and you can read all about it." I end the coversation right around there most of the time.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #47

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:

If someone asks, I am very open and honest about it. I start out slowly though, with something like "oh, I just eat really low calories one day and normal calories the next." If they ask for more information, they're generally interested and not judgmental. If they don't care to hear more, I know it's not something they're interested in "right now" and I leave it at that.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #48
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I am one of those who has gone from JUDDD with great success with weight but terrible troubles with binging on my UDs to now doing 5:2 and REALLY having great success on weight loss and losing the binging issues totally!

I find I'm losing slowly, but losing and the UD bounces don't bother me at all because of how I always had a bounce when doing JUDDD and know that the weight always goes down. AND I'm not over eating at all on my UDs like I was doing on JUDDD toward the end of my journey there. This surprised me because I really thought I would be binging again and it's not happening! I'm very happy about this!!

What I LOVE about 5:2 is the DD is so easy and they are spaced out (Monday and Thursday) so I never feel the "dread" I felt after a while of having to do a DD every other day. 2 days a week is VERY doable for me, it keeps the binging monster buried away, I feel wonderful again and I'm losing weight, too!

For me, 5:2 is a win/win and all the wonderful recipes for DDs and disciplines I learned on JUDDD I now apply to this 5:2 WOE and I'm doing great!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #49

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Linda! I'm glad it's working for you!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Linda! I'm glad it's working for you!
Thank you! I'm so happy right now that it's working, too! If for nothing else my binging is over and done with! This is a miracle to me, really and I will stick to this WOE just for that fact!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Thank you! I'm so happy right now that it's working, too! If for nothing else my binging is over and done with! This is a miracle to me, really and I will stick to this WOE just for that fact!
Yay! I'm so happy for you!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I am one of those who has gone from JUDDD with great success with weight but terrible troubles with binging on my UDs to now doing 5:2 and REALLY having great success on weight loss and losing the binging issues totally!

I find I'm losing slowly, but losing and the UD bounces don't bother me at all because of how I always had a bounce when doing JUDDD and know that the weight always goes down. AND I'm not over eating at all on my UDs like I was doing on JUDDD toward the end of my journey there. This surprised me because I really thought I would be binging again and it's not happening! I'm very happy about this!!

What I LOVE about 5:2 is the DD is so easy and they are spaced out (Monday and Thursday) so I never feel the "dread" I felt after a while of having to do a DD every other day. 2 days a week is VERY doable for me, it keeps the binging monster buried away, I feel wonderful again and I'm losing weight, too!

For me, 5:2 is a win/win and all the wonderful recipes for DDs and disciplines I learned on JUDDD I now apply to this 5:2 WOE and I'm doing great!!
Linda, thank you for sharing your experience with 5:2! I am now in maintenance. I'm still doing JUDDD; but, using different DD maintenance numbers to see what is the best DD calories to use. So far, I can do as much as 700 & still keep my bounces small. But, 935 is too much. Do you use the same DD calories each time? And do you count UD calories? I'm thinking I would really like doing 5:2; but, I fear having 2 or 3 UD's together! I am following this thread with great interest!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I find doing just 2 DD a week to be great!! Before when having a UD I would over-eat because the next day I could not eat! Now my UD are not so high in calories, I have lost that feeling of over-eating one day because the next day would be a DD. For me just 2 DD is better.

Come on in to the 5/2 plan and see is you like it as much as I do!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Beeb, so glad this is working for you and that you are back posting. You were the original mentor for a lot of us!

I am happily maintaining by watching what I eat a couple of days a week. I also seem to be doing it in an 8 hour window as I am just not hungry earlier. After being told for ever that breakfast was the most important meal, I find I am surviving fine without something early. All quite interesting....

How is your mother?
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Leona, do you use the JUDDD calculator for your UD & DD calories?
Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.8/115-120
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
I find doing just 2 DD a week to be great!! Before when having a UD I would over-eat because the next day I could not eat! Now my UD are not so high in calories, I have lost that feeling of over-eating one day because the next day would be a DD. For me just 2 DD is better.

Come on in to the 5/2 plan and see is you like it as much as I do!
It is great to hear that your appetite stabilizes with 2 DD a week . I have been struggling lately and I think I am going to transition in March to 3 DD a week and eventually to 2 DD. All I think is food lately and how many calories are left and that tomorrow I will be hungry again. I am ready for a change.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #57

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am in maintenance and have been since March but I am so happy that I changed to 5:2 about 5 weeks ago.

I try to do my DDs on a Monday and a Thursday which means the weekends are so pleasant. I don't find myself overeating when I go to social occasions. I feel so relaxed around food with the knowledge that my DD will settle everything.

I have just done 4 UD in a row because of DH's birthday and my weight this morning was under my goal, a weight I generally see after my DD. Today was a great DD, I really like low DDs.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Beeb, so glad this is working for you and that you are back posting. You were the original mentor for a lot of us!

I am happily maintaining by watching what I eat a couple of days a week. I also seem to be doing it in an 8 hour window as I am just not hungry earlier. After being told for ever that breakfast was the most important meal, I find I am surviving fine without something early. All quite interesting....

How is your mother
?
You are too sweet and kind and I'm so grateful for your words today! They were much needed! I'm loving 5:2 and even though I'm not losing as wonderfully fast as I did on JUDDD my eating is much better and the binge monster is GONE!!

Mom is well, thank you so much for asking! Settled into assisted living, which in itself is a miracle considering where she was in June and happy with life again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I am in maintenance and have been since March but I am so happy that I changed to 5:2 about 5 weeks ago.

I try to do my DDs on a Monday and a Thursday which means the weekends are so pleasant. I don't find myself overeating when I go to social occasions. I feel so relaxed around food with the knowledge that my DD will settle everything.

I have just done 4 UD in a row because of DH's birthday and my weight this morning was under my goal, a weight I generally see after my DD. Today was a great DD, I really like low DDs.
I'm doing the Monday - Thursday, too and loving that food is NOT an issue on the weekends anymore! And you are a wonderful inspiration, as usual!!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #59

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
We can do this Beeb!

So glad your Mother is happy.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Cindy, for sharing how 5:2 works for you! I bought the kindle version of the book a couple of weeks ago. She recommends as much as 2000 for UD's & 500 for DD's. But, I'm thinking I'll stick with my JUDDD calories. I'm still trying to determine what my DD calories need to be. Today, I'm doing 700-800. I lost .6 this morning after an UD yesterday! I like that!! My UD calories Mre 1550-1600. So far, my weight is within a pound either way from my goal weight. That I can deal with, too!!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.