Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Struggling on my DD

Today I just can't stop thinking about food I don't know why. Maybe because i'm home alone and have too much time on my hands. My UD yesterday was a bit OTT so I need this DD to go well. I've not weighed myself yet and I've not gone gluten free either. Things are just so stress full at the moment.

But in saying that I have a goal date in mind the 10th May. We are going on Holidays then and I'd like to look better but be fitter too so I can go on long walks with my hubby. The trip we have planned is 3 weeks and we are driving. First to the UK to stay with my sis for 2 nights then onto The Netherlands to stay with in-laws for a week. Then the real fun begins with 2 nights in Munich, 5 nights in Verona,2 nights around Geneva and then onto Paris for 3 nights before taking the ferry back from France. So I'll need energy for that trip!! My Hubby Bart so I'm not saying Hubby all the time!! Well he quit his uni course last December and got refunded some fee's so that's paying for the trip

Now after typing all that I feel better already! I guess I just need to remember my goals and how important it is to me to feel thinner & healthier on my trip. I feel happier these past few days, a sense of freedom has come over me and I feel excited about life again
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Majella I'm so glad you are feeling better. The trip sounds amazing. I'd love to visit those places. I've been to Europe 2x and both times were wonderful. It helps to keep in mind the reasons you want to feel trimmer and healthier and a fantastic vacation is a great reason. I had a really hungry DD on Friday. I kept telling myself that hunger is not an emergency and the day passed.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Hang in there girl, you CAN and will do this! Wow what an exciting vacation you have planned!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Oooh, fun fun FUN vaca goals you have to keep you going! I have a spring vaca trip and then a girls' trip in early May that are keeping me going right now. My friends are super thin. {sigh} I am not looking forward to being the fat friend! At least I can be a less fat friend by May....OY!

Being home all day is rough on DDs, too. I soooooo understand!
Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys, I've done ok I suppose eaten around 1000 calories which isn't a DD norm but I didn't completely give up and eat every bad thing in the house. Also my dinner last night didn't quiet hit the spot and I was feeling a little bit of a longing for something and woke up the same way. I cleaned up the house a bit, that passed some time as well
Old 02-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Majella - I'm laying here on the couch and my tummy is GROWLING at me! I just ignore it and drink something! Definitely don't watch food network or torture yourself w/ recpies on pinterest on DD's! I've done that before made me ravenous! Haha!

Anyway, DD have gotten so much easier after about a month into JUDDD for me. I just cooked DH a huge pot of chicken spaghetti and I cannot even eat any. I was feeling bad as he still has to eat even when I do not so I've tried to cook for him on my DD.

I find that eating a soup/broth based meal at lunch on a DD helps me get thru to dinner much easier than other things.

I traveled to UK back in 2009 for business. It was a beautiful place but VERY COLD and SNOWING and it got dark at 3pm!! YIKES! Not my style of weather as I dislike COLD very much! We went to South Shields for most of the work and then to Bradford for the rest of it. I really enjoyed it! Rode the trains/taxis etc was very neat!

Natasha

Last edited by BaileysGirl; 02-17-2013 at 01:33 PM..
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Majella - wow what a great trip you and your DH are going on........ I am jealous..... plus I love it that y'all call it a Holiday.... here in the state we usually call it a vacation.. sounds so much nicer your way......

and walking around with your DH..... that will be wonderful ....l have a great time when you go......
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Natasha the weather here is very similar but not as cold in the winter. I used to hate getting up at 8am in darkness and going home at 6pm in darkness but it get's dark at 4pm. However once the summer comes it'll start to get bright at 5.30am and dark as late as 10.30pm and when the sun is shining that is so lovely.

Pawleys I think vacation sounds better !!! For me the highlight is Venice and going to Murano to see all the glass

Well I failed my DD badly. Bart came home with crisps and coke and I caved in So I'm not sure what to do tomorrow, try another DD maybe.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
It will get easier. You may want to spend some time looking into the low cal dense foods - things you can eat a LOT of for low calories. Broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, shiritaki noodles. There are a couple threads on bone broth - its fantastic and filling for very few calories. I use coconut oil in my coffee (or search "bullet proof coffee") on DDs - the fats are incredibly filling/satisfying and I'm usually not hungry until 1 or 2pm on my DDs. Lemon water is another way I stay "full" until I am ready to eat.
A lot of us talk about releasing the "Hunger Monster" - in other words, as soon as you eat, you can't stop eating. So a lot of us try to hold off as long as possible. Broth, coffee, tea, lemon water are all great ways to put off eating as long as possible.
There are great recipe ideas on the DD threads. Check them out as they may give you ideas of how you can last through the day.
Finally, I've been reading the potato hack threads ("A DD hack" is one of them) and I've found that potato DDs are a really great way for me to make it through my DDs without "suffering". Opinions vary as to whether you need to stick to your DD calories or you can just eat potatoes, I've done both and been successful both ways. Cold potatoes are better (I don't know the exact science behind it but its somewhere in the threads). The thing is that you can't have any other fats or proteins with the potatoes. I love mine boiled & cooled with salt & A-1 sauce. Yummy!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I empathize with you Majella. I have had a lot of tough DDs. One thing that helps me when I'm at home is taking on a cleaning project, and I suppose yard work would help too. I will do more of that when it gets a little warmer. Plus, I went clothes shopping and that definitely motivated me to keep to my DD cals. I actually found a couple of blouses at Walmart on clearance (which was all I planned to spend, since I hope I will un-grow them soon) and am very pleased with my purchases.

I decided to spluge at McDonald's in Walmart and get an iced coffee with SF vanilla syrup for 120 cals. I had to look at the nutrition guide before I could order because I asked the clerk what was the lowest calorie iced coffee and she said, I dunno, the small? Well, after I ordered she went to make it and then said, we don't have any SF vanilla, you want the regular vanilla? I ended up getting my money back and was not happy lol.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Aww Cindy that must have sucked!! looking forward to your coffee and then none, well done for not ordering anything else. I've been reading about the potato fast and will give that a go on my DD tomorrow. I will eat 500 cal of spuds and see how things go for me. I Irish and love spuds so that will help!! Well I weighed myself this morning and I am 13 stone 182lbs ouch, didn't think I was that big but I should have guessed since most of my clothes don't fit. Ah well
Old 02-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I am potato DDing today too after my post-run gorge fest yesterday. Although I think you're something like 8-10 hours ahead of me, check back, we'll potato together!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Majella I understand your pain about the scale. before I had started trying to lose weight, I hadn't stepped on the scale in over a year. Maybe 2. We had a wellness team come to work to do a health screening and weighed me at 192 and obese BMI!
Yay to us for doing something about it now!
Hope your potato day goes well.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Much Better DD!!

Well I decided not to do the potato day today i'll do it on my next DD. Yesterday UD was very good indeed, I felt good and didn't crave any rubbish I'm home today again but don't feel that hungry or out of control. I'm also reading Allen Carr's easyweigh to lose weight. It's more for motivation then anything else and so far I'm liking the book

Weather is lovely here today so I'll take my dog out for a nice walk soon. I'm glad to be feeling ok again
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Majella..... WE CAN DO THIS! We've done it before!!
Love ur holiday plans.
My hubby travels for his job often.
I'm saving my holiday for Europe again.
I've been twice! Loved it. Except for the tiredness I feel. Love coming back home. The time change for me is much better when I get back home, I have energy for awhile. Weird.
Good hopes for u today.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Defiantly a better day today,I'm looking forward to losing lots of weight!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I'm down 2lbs this morning yippee!!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Congratulations! It sounds like you are getting comfortable with JUDDD and that it's paying off. KUTGW!
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great Majella! WTG!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys Tomorrow I'm doing my spud DD so hopfully it'll help. Now I'm wondering what way i'll cook my spuds...
Old 02-21-2013, 03:58 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Right so another DD for me and I'm not hungry at all! I have a cupa soup for later because it's around 4pm when I get hungry and I'm at work today and well I have ended up going to the shop for sweets! So I'm prepared today. Then spuds for dinner, thinking i'll do some sort of hash brown thingy and see how that goes. I stepped on the scale this morning and it hasn't changed!! I counted up my calories in bed last night and they we're about 1500 and I wasn't counting them at all.