Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Weight Loss Fatigue? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/797285-weight-loss-fatigue.html)

mom23kids 02-16-2013 01:26 PM

Weight Loss Fatigue? NM-Calling Goal!
 
I've been losing weight since October and have been going strong. Every month I've been making steady progress and have had a fairly easy time with my JUDDD rotations. At the end of January I was around 7lbs from calling goal, having lost around 30lbs, and went into February feeling like I could make goal and transition to maintenance by the end of the month.

However, this month has been a weight loss dud and this morning I'm at the same weight I started at on February 1st (I did see 139.5 last week but now I'm back to 141this morning). I'm realizing how burnt out I am on rotations, thinking about my weight, counting calories etc etc :stars: Is it normal to have a slump after a few months? I'm wondering if I should transition to maintenance numbers for the rest of the month or do 5:2, which would cut back my dds a bit.

And then there's the part of me that's whispering that I'm so close to goal and I'm wearing the size jean that was my goal (and size 8 is now loose on me!), so why don't I just call goal now and go into maintenance :dunno: I chose 135 as my goal because that's what I weighed the day I got married. But really, that doesn't mean anything. Now that I'm older, maybe 140ish is a better goal to have?? Ugh, I'm just in a diet funk right now! I've had 2 UDs in a row and just made today's DD an UD by opening the forbidden bag of Snyders honey mustard pretzel bites :o

Carly 02-16-2013 01:34 PM

Your at a really good weight for your height. I know the goal I origionally set was too low for me- right now. Who knows I may go back into weightloss mode at some point, but when the clothes I had fit, I called goal. Only you can really answer that question. You could always do a month of maintenence and see. I know I would gain on 5:2 because my UDs aren't typically 1550 so I like 3 low DDs and eat what I please on UD.

mom23kids 02-16-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16262807)
Your at a really good weight for your height. I know the goal I origionally set was too low for me- right now. Who knows I may go back into weightloss mode at some point, but when the clothes I had fit, I called goal. Only you can really answer that question. You could always do a month of maintenence and see. I know I would gain on 5:2 because my UDs aren't typically 1550 so I like 3 low DDs and eat what I please on UD.

I'm fighting the feeling of failure I'd feel if I called goal 'early'-how silly is that, since my goal weight isn't some magical number or anything :doh: I'm also not super excited about my body yet, but a lot of that will change with toning, which I haven't started yet. Maybe I should call goal, start toning and then play around with maintenance :dunno:

And I did put the pretzels away after probably two servings worth-so today isn't a total loss :laugh:

hot-in-texas 02-16-2013 01:49 PM

First of all, yes your goal weight is just a number. And there is no way you would be a failure if youchoose to make that goal a different number. How can someone who lost 31 pounds and became healthier ever be considered a failure:hugs:. You have done such a great job! You are fitting in the size you want, and they are loose:).
Maybe you could try 5:2 and see what it does? Plus focus on the toning and exercising, so that when summer comes around you are ready for your bathing suit. You are in a great place.

mom23kids 02-16-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16262824)
First of all, yes your goal weight is just a number. And there is no way you would be a failure if youchoose to make that goal a different number. How can someone who lost 31 pounds and became healthier ever be considered a failure:hugs:. You have done such a great job! You are fitting in the size you want, and they are loose:).
Maybe you could try 5:2 and see what it does? Plus focus on the toning and exercising, so that when summer comes around you are ready for your bathing suit. You are in a great place.

I think that's what I'm realizing-I could lose the extra weight and hit 135lbs, but my arms will still be jiggly and my bum/thighs are still going to be :p Toning/starting to walk/exercise is now going to make the most noticeable difference I think. My overall goal for this whole process (besides the health benefits), was that I could confidentially wear a 2 piece swim suit on our sail boat this summer (end of May/beginning of June). I think it's time to switch my focus from weight loss mode to toning/getting this body in shape to wear that suit :)


Ok, calling goal at 141lbs :jumpjoy: Now, I won't complain if I still lose a few more pounds, but I'm now going focus on toning, toning and more toning :D Now, to figure out how to do that, and how to do maintenance lol.

Carly 02-16-2013 02:03 PM

Sara- I realized I personally will never like my unclothed body. First of all... I'm not 21 yrs old anymore, second of all, I lost 110 pounds once and 72 pound a second time. I'm a bit strechted out should we say...
I look pretty good in my clothes (most people see me this way ;) ). I'm not sure about a bathing suit yet, but toning may help a little. I will probably opt for plastic surgery at some point for my upper arms and perhaps my thighs, but time may also help some of this skin go back to a semi normal state. I will never have a flat stomach again short of a tummy tuck and since DW isn't complaining I'm trying to accept me, for me, for now. It's hard to feel like we worked hard to lose the weight and not be thrilled with the final product, but for me- I have to accept that what 99.9% of the people I come in contact with see a healthy, trim, energetic, 36 yr old, who is no longer diabetic and thanks to my fused spine doesn't walk with a walker or cane anymore!

mom23kids 02-16-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16262838)
Sara- I realized I personally will never like my unclothed body. First of all... I'm not 21 yrs old anymore, second of all, I lost 110 pounds once and 72 pound a second time. I'm a bit strechted out should we say...
I look pretty good in my clothes (most people see me this way ;) ). I'm not sure about a bathing suit yet, but toning may help a little. I will probably opt for plastic surgery at some point for my upper arms and perhaps my thighs, but time may also help some of this skin go back to a semi normal state. I will never have a flat stomach again short of a tummy tuck and since DW isn't complaining I'm trying to accept me, for me, for now. It's hard to feel like we worked hard to lose the weight and not be thrilled with the final product, but for me- I have to accept that what 99.9% of the people I come in contact with see a healthy, trim, energetic, 36 yr old, who is no longer diabetic and thanks to my fused spine doesn't walk with a walker or cane anymore!

:goodpost: :hugs:

Librarygirl 02-16-2013 03:05 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Congratulations Sara!!! I think it's wonderful that you are calling GOAL.:up::clap::clap: If you start your exercise/toning regimen you will look even slimmer, regardless of what that old scale says! Good job!:hugs:

Carly 02-16-2013 03:09 PM

Whaaaaaa hoooooooo :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Debrat3 02-16-2013 03:11 PM

Congrats Sara on goal! :jumpjoy:

leonak 02-16-2013 03:55 PM

Come on over to 5/2! Seems like I've seen you there :shake:

It seems nice to not have to worry and wonder about what not to eat every other day - just 2 DD a week!

I love it and will be looking for you! :jumpjoy::shake::hugs::jumpjoy:

Flutter 02-16-2013 04:19 PM

Huge congratulations to you!!!!! :clap: :heart:

Yennie 02-16-2013 04:22 PM

Well done Sara!! I'm working hard to get to your weight and you're such an inspiration!

LoCarbGal 02-17-2013 10:05 PM

Congratulations Sara! I'm so happy for you! And good for you for recognizing goal for your size and the way you feel rather than an arbitrary scale number. Smart lady!

Shari4 02-17-2013 11:04 PM

Hooray, Sara!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Enjoy this to the max!!

sunday 02-18-2013 03:26 AM

Enjoy maintenance Sara! I will be coming by to 5:2 soon!:up:

Librarygirl 02-18-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16262838)
Sara- I realized I personally will never like my unclothed body. First of all... I'm not 21 yrs old anymore, second of all, I lost 110 pounds once and 72 pound a second time. I'm a bit strechted out should we say...
I look pretty good in my clothes (most people see me this way ;) ). I'm not sure about a bathing suit yet, but toning may help a little. I will probably opt for plastic surgery at some point for my upper arms and perhaps my thighs, but time may also help some of this skin go back to a semi normal state. I will never have a flat stomach again short of a tummy tuck and since DW isn't complaining I'm trying to accept me, for me, for now. It's hard to feel like we worked hard to lose the weight and not be thrilled with the final product, but for me- I have to accept that what 99.9% of the people I come in contact with see a healthy, trim, energetic, 36 yr old, who is no longer diabetic and thanks to my fused spine doesn't walk with a walker or cane anymore!

That is THE most important thing!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Carly 02-18-2013 03:16 PM

Yes, but I have to remind myself rather frequently about that. I'm a perfectionist and an over-achiever... this leads to a lot of self criticism if I'm not careful and can lead to me never feeling satisfied. I'm aware of this tendency so I work on it.

Librarygirl 02-18-2013 03:19 PM

It must come with being the baby of the family, but I am an under-achiever and pretty lax about perfection too (although I covet a perfect body, lol). :D :D

Carly 02-18-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16266289)
It must come with being the baby of the family, but I am an under-achiever and pretty lax about perfection too (although I covet a perfect body, lol). :D :D

I wonder, because I'm the oldest and my little sis is easily pleased with mediocrity. There is a lot to be said for birth order I guess.

Sorry for the TJ.

sunday 02-18-2013 03:32 PM

Carly, I could sense in your words that you are self critical, but I hope that you know that we believe you have done something that is absolutely phenomenal! What an achievement! :hugs:

I am not a perfectionist unless I am serving/hosting a special event and then something weird happens to me. :eek: Let's just say, you don't want to see that side of me. :laugh: I wish I would be a bit more self critical when it comes to my own life and happiness. I think I could use some hardcore attitude adjustment in that area.

Carly 02-18-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 16266304)
Carly, I could sense in your words that you are self critical, but I hope that you know that we believe you have done something that is absolutely phenomenal! What an achievement! :hugs:

I am not a perfectionist unless I am serving/hosting a special event and then something weird happens to me. :eek: Let's just say, you don't want to see that side of me. :laugh: I wish I would be a bit more self critical when it comes to my own life and happiness. I think I could use some hardcore attitude adjustment in that area.

I don't know. I'd rather be a little more easy going and relaxed, but I guess like anything, balance is the key and avoiding the extremes. I've gotten much better at accepting the grey shades of life except when it comes to me I tend to want perfection... it's progress...

KeirasMom 02-19-2013 09:35 AM

:jumpjoy: WTG Sara!!!

RE: the birth order thing; I'm the baby and I'm hypercritical of myself. I might be the exception to the rule though. ;)

Luv2Eat 02-19-2013 10:21 AM

Congratulations for calling goal!

Yes, I've had a bit of diet fatigue also - been working the plan since August. Instead of calling goal, I've just been eating more calories on my UD's. I'm not sure I'll ever call goal because of fear of complacency.

I like the way Carly worded it: balance is the key and avoiding extremes

Sounds kinda like maintenance. I hope to get there someday mentally. :high5:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:11 PM.