Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I'm feeling SO much better! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/797282-im-feeling-so-much-better.html)

Bows1 02-16-2013 11:34 AM

I'm feeling SO much better!

I have a degenerative brain disease called Spinocerebellar Ataxia (SCA), and my Cerebellum, the lower back part of my brain, is degenerating, which causes, for me, lack of balance while walking or standing, very hard-to-read shaky hand-writing, and general lack of coordination, including slurred speech when I'm tired. Before anyone feels sorry, :heart:! it does NOT hurt and it will NOT cause me to die and things with me could be so much worse physically! I count my blessings often and wait to see how God will use me next :)

That said, I wanted to share that I was taken off my blood pressure medicine this week and I want to go see my neurologist now, because I am feeling *SO* much better, as far as my balance while walking and standing, and I'm sleeping very well! ADF (what JUDDD is, and how I'm living) RE-GROWS brain cells! I know it can't cause my cerebellum to grow back, but I believe, because of the way I'm feeling and the articles I've read about IF (Thank you, Sunday!) that fasting this way is that the degeneration stops :jumpjoy:

Thank you Jesus and to all my Juddd buds!:heart::heart::heart:

Carly 02-16-2013 12:03 PM

That is awesome!!!! I am thrilled for you. I still have hopes that juddding is slowing the progression of my degenerating spine and joints. I know I have more energy and more stamina. I occasionally take the stairs which I never use to do.

I hope you continue to feel better and better!

Bows1 02-16-2013 12:10 PM

:hugs: Carly! I sure hope you get some relief, sweet woman! I'm betting you will!

BTW--I wanna be your RL friend! You are so very sweet and encouraging!

Carly 02-16-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bows1 (Post 16262705)
:hugs: Carly! I sure hope you get some relief, sweet woman! I'm betting you will!

BTW--I wanna be your RL friend! You are so very sweet and encouraging!

:love::love::love:

Yennie 02-16-2013 12:29 PM

I am really happy for both of you! While I have been blessed with pretty decent health (not counting the weight issue, which I'm working on) it absolutely warms my heart to hear how successful everyone has been. And I love, love, love hearing about the great benefits that come along with the weight loss and ADF.

DesertGurl 02-16-2013 12:41 PM

What a wonderful post to see. Amazing news & I could not be happier for you! :hugs: :high5:

I don't think I will ever be able to consider another plan for weight loss or just for overall health, the way I feel on JUDDD leaves me energized and feeling clean from the inside out.

hot-in-texas 02-16-2013 12:44 PM

:hugs: Bows how wonderful! Here's to a healthier, stronger you!:jumpjoy::shake::high5::heart:

Seabreezes 02-16-2013 01:59 PM

What a fantastic report!

:hugs:

Flutter 02-16-2013 05:04 PM

That's truly incredible! I am so thrilled for you!!!!

DeborahL 02-17-2013 08:40 PM

Praise God! Thank you for sharing your story, Bows1

sunday 02-17-2013 09:02 PM

This is so encouraging to read Deb! How long have you been IFing? Have you been able to read ?

Longevity protein may slow many neurodegenerative disorders

Also the benefits of pterostilbene and the brain? So inexpensive and yet so powerful for a supplement. :)

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...e-results.html

Please keep us updated! Wishing you a much improved health! :heart:

LoCarbGal 02-17-2013 09:34 PM

So wonderful to hear Deb! Good for you!

Shari4 02-17-2013 11:08 PM

Deb, I'm so glad you're feeling better! :jumpjoy: It is amazing to me how many things that ADF resolves!! Keep us posted about your progress!

Librarygirl 02-18-2013 04:37 AM

What an inspiring post!! Thank you for sharing and I am so happy for you!

Cindy-lou 02-18-2013 06:19 AM

Thats awesome Deb :hugs: Thanks for sharing

zipp2play 02-18-2013 07:01 AM

Deb that is nothing short of completely AMAZING! You are TRUE inspiration!

Bows1 02-18-2013 08:59 AM

:DThanks to everyone who responded!:D

Sunday--

I started JUDDDing in the middle of October, and convinced my hubby to come onboard last month! I watched the Horizon video on Saturday and was so inspired and just blown over with the brain discoveries that have been made! Then I read every neurological kind of article you referenced :) and here I am! I plan to order some ptero this week too YAY how exciting!

My mom has MS and is going to look into IFing further too:jumpjoy:

hot-in-texas 02-18-2013 09:17 AM

this is so so great, Bows! I was wondering how the weight loss is going for you and hubby?

sunday 02-18-2013 09:34 AM

This is so wonderful Deb! :hugs: I hope your mom can receive some relief as well.

Please talk to your doctor before taking pterostilbene, even though I have so much faith in this supplement, it would be wise to consult first. Look forward to hearing more from you! :)

Bows1 02-18-2013 09:35 AM

Sher--I've lost 28 pounds and he's lost 10 :)

hot-in-texas 02-18-2013 09:36 AM

BOWS, that is awesome!
I guess I could have looked in your avi, duh!! lol

svenskamae 02-19-2013 06:28 PM

What an inspiring example you are, Deb! :high5: Congratulations, and thank you for sharing! I hope that you continue to improve in health.

gotsomeold 02-20-2013 03:23 AM

Way beyond Happy Dance :jumpjoy: for Deb!

I teared up reading your first posting. Don't even know what to say. :clap::clap::clap:

Kimmietoo 02-20-2013 01:27 PM

Amazing!!! I am beyond thrilled to hear your awesome news!!!! YAY!!!!!

Whitlin' 02-21-2013 03:29 PM

Bopping in to do the Happy Puppy Dance with Deb and friends! Woo Hoo! So delighted for you!

Yes, Sunday is a sweetie, huh? :)

Luv2Eat 02-21-2013 08:08 PM

Wow, thank you for sharing your powerful message, Bows. I'm so happy you're feeling better :hugs: and that you're here with us :shake:

Eieio 02-22-2013 07:06 AM

Bows1 (!!!!)
Wonderful results!

Bows1 02-22-2013 07:34 AM

:hugs::D:) Will keep ya posted! Thanks everyone!

lswilson413 03-06-2013 04:23 PM

sca

I also have sca and seem to have similar symptoms as you. Feel very blessed that I could be much worse off. Know that I could have something much worse.But I found this thread searching for the reason I feel worse than I should.My neurologist doesnt think the sca should be causing my symptoms. I feel shaky(like low blood sugar) very sleepy all the time, weak-like. I am thinking more and more it is my diet. Tell me more about this thread and what it is about.thanks

Bows1 03-07-2013 05:18 AM

Wow, ls!! For me, diet has EVERYTHING to do with it! I am excited to be found by someone on this board (a future JUDDD BUDDD!) but I am working at the moment, and will write again after I get off or maybe at lunch. Have a great day, stay safe, be careful, and God bless!