Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
2 Week Induction Questions:

Well I'm on day 8 of Judding...I'm really not in this for weight loss as much as I am just by the shear benefits of alternate day fasting. That being said...I believe I started out at 133 how does it work with the how much to eat and not eat on updays. I know weight loss is part of this just as a result of fasting which is o.k., but I have not even weighed myself. Just wondering if I need to then weight myself and put my figures in once this 2 week induction is done?
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
If you're not in it for weight loss, than I assume you didn't use any of the weight loss percentages when calculating your UD and DD calories. Is that right? If not, go to the calculator and get your numbers for maintenance, and you should be all set!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: route66
Stats: 160/<145/141
WOE: IF Combo - 6:1 & 16/8ish
Start Date: Oct 2012
What have you been doing so far on your up days? If I weren't trying to lose weight, I wouldn't worry about the numbers - one less thing to obsess about. :-) Eat to satisfaction on your up days.
route66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

When I began to research alternate day fasting...it brought me to this site. In order to reap fasting benefits...you have to have low dd. I guess my question is do I use any numbers or come up with my own..not sure how I am supposed to do this as a long term health benefit?
Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Complete fasting (besides water or lemon water) on the DD reaps the most health benefits. So as close to that you can get, the better. However, the large difference between the UD and DD calories also reaps benefits, so if you are eating 1500 more on the UD, you are doing great.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Hi MTM,
Take a browse through the February Newbies thread. Somewhere in the midst of all that I posted an explanation that I found from Nancy in a way older thread on this board about how the SIRTs build up and why they're beneficial.
Nancy's explanation is WAY better than mine but basically the swing between the UD and DD, and the <500 cals on the DD leads to the build up of SIRTs. It's the starvation mode & rescue of eating every other day that allows the SIRTs to build up. By 2 weeks of ultra low DDs, you've built up enough SIRTs that some of them stick around on your UDs as well. Then you can maintain the benefits of the SIRTs (well, probably not weight loss, but the others) with a 50-70% DD.
You need the 2 week induction to build up a high enough level of the SIRTs to keep them around, then you could transition your DDs to the maintenance levels to maintain your SIRTs!
Best of luck, and welcome aboard!!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:21 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all so much
Old 02-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Also, look at the JUDDD stickys at the top of this forum, and go to Dr. J's site to put your numbers in the calculator: age, height, weight. If you are american, change it to in. and lbs.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote