Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Do you ever have moments of pure FRIGHT that you will never lose weight

successfully, OR you will gain back everything you've lost? I totally do. Most of the time I am upbeat and positive about taking control (finally), and determined to be successful this time. However, sometimes I have these thoughts. They go like this: "You have been fat for so long, you will never be slim again. You're too old to be slim again. If you do manage to lose 30 lbs or more, you'll definitely gain it back. Who cares if you're fat, you're almost 50 anyway." That last one is a killer. I don't believe any of it when I'm rational, but they still creep in when I'm vulnerable, or after one of my UUADs (like today).

This is not another negative thread, bashing myself or asking you to bash yourself. I think it's good to share our thoughts and fears, and I'm just sharing mine. I promise I always share my joyous thoughts as well!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeborahL
Stats: 168.2/156.6/130
WOE: JUDDD w/restricted carbs
Start Date: 1/20/13 (Atkins) 2/11/2013 (JUDDD)
Not so much gaining it back, but yes to being unable to lose it. It's irrational at this point, but I've never claimed to be the most rational person... or the most patient.
DeborahL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Well you've done so well deborah. It looks like you've lost 12 lbs in less than a month!! How wonderful!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yes, I worry that I will gain it back. I think that is only normal. It may actually, be good- a healthy "fear" that keeps me on my toes and on rotations even though I called goal. I worry, but I'm not paralyzed. I have tools, JUDDD, but I make certain I utilize that tool or I'm sure my fear would become fact eventually.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeborahL
Stats: 168.2/156.6/130
WOE: JUDDD w/restricted carbs
Start Date: 1/20/13 (Atkins) 2/11/2013 (JUDDD)
Yes, it has gone well so far, LG. My fear stems from how I might react if it stops going so well. Really need a plan I can stick with when patience is required.

Let's just adopt Carly's wonderful attitude of "healthy fear"!
DeborahL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Agreed. I think you're right, Carly, it's good to stay on our toes and not get complacent for long. There in lies the path we've already taken. This road is the way to longevity and happiness!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ummm yea, alot. I never worry that I'll not be able to lose the weight, only because I have many times before. My inner thoughts are "I don't know why you're bothering. Sure you're great at losing weight, but you ALWAYS gain ALL of it back anyways. Why bother?" Yep, that'd be because it's true. I always have. Phoey!

I think the biggest worry there stems from my inner therapist. The one that adds to the above with, "obviously there's a reason you keep doing this to yourself. Have you figured that out yet? 'Cause if not, it's just gonna happen again!"

This is why I started JUDDD, though. I agreed with my inner demon thinking that I indeed WOULD self sabotage and throw in the towel after getting close to goal again...IF I lost again on a plan that I felt restricted and frustrated with. I read about so many people happily maintaining here that it was able to shut down those negative thoughts and I jumped in within a day or so of hearing about it. Went from "no way am I doing this to myself again" to "wow, I might actually be able to STAY thin this time!"

Ask me again at the 8 month mark, LG. I always freak out and back slide back then. (it's gonna be different, it's gonna be different, it's gonna be different!)

HUGS friends!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I don't worry that I'll gain it back. I know how to control it now.

And I totally get the "you've been overweight so long" thing. I haven't been this size/weight since my oldest was born, and he's turning 30 this year.

You CAN do it! It IS possible! I am living proof!! Not that I'm so great or anything, I just know it for you because I have experienced it myself.

Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I don't worry that I'll gain it back. I know how to control it now.

And I totally get the "you've been overweight so long" thing. I haven't been this size/weight since my oldest was born, and he's turning 30 this year.

You CAN do it! It IS possible! I am living proof!! Not that I'm so great or anything, I just know it for you because I have experienced it myself.

This exactly. JUDDD has alleviated my fears.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Not moments of pure fight, I have in the past about other things though. For my weight, I get pessimistic thoughts that i will get too comfortable and lazy about it as my weight just creeps back up.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I think I'm feeling more confident about it all since finding JUDDD, but I won't say those things don't cross my mind. I lost almost 100 pounds 10 years ago, and gained it all back plus almost another 100. So I have a history. But like I said, I'm counting on JUDDD to keep me in control. I know I could gain back 10 or even 20 pounds at some point, but I really do feel that knowing how the rotations make all the difference, that I won't let it get beyond that.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Yes, I worry about that a lot. I have years of trying to lose weight unsuccessfully in my past history, and a recent history of things working for a while and then no longer working. I am currently in a stall, despite doing lowcarb, limited protein, eating very clean, and JUDDD simultaneously; my next attempt will be a potato hack, but I have such problems with my body resisting weight loss that stalling longterm is a constant worry for me.

I am trying to focus on the health benefits of what I am doing and appreciating how much better I feel at 50 pounds smaller than I was, but I do wonder whether I'll ever get to anywhere near my goal weight. But any weight that I do lose makes me feel better, and I expect to make some more progress if I keep trying, including continuing with JUDDD.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Every. Single. Day!!
I've gained & lost the same 50# since freshman year college. Tack on 20 more post baby & here we are.
There are a few things that are different this time around. Im beginning to separate emotion from food, especially guilt. I've got tools for success, both mental & physical - well, working on the mental part.
And, I'll be honest, being here at LCF is a large part of why I believe I will be successful this time. Had a rotten DD today, rather, it started out rough. But just thinking about the stories Ive read here, the knowledge I've gained & the support, got me through & I actually ended up with one of my best DDs, diet/eating-wise. I was slammed at work so didn't have time to jump on the boards today but just thinking about it helped a lot.
So, yes, I'm terrified. That I wont lose, that I'll give up before hitting goal, that I'll gain it all back. Despite that, I know *WE* can all do it!!!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:30 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
I didn't have any fears while I was in weight loss mode but now that I'm in maintanence I'm an anxious mess. It shocks me too because I was so calm about losing weight. I wasn't in a hurry. I didn't care if I only lost 1 lbs a week. The bounces were no problem.

Not now. I'm freaked that every bounce means I'm gaining it all back. I hate this feeling. Logically I know I have the tools to maintain and that I am doing just that. I hope with a little more time I'll get a grip and relax.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Ummm yea, alot. I never worry that I'll not be able to lose the weight, only because I have many times before. My inner thoughts are "I don't know why you're bothering. Sure you're great at losing weight, but you ALWAYS gain ALL of it back anyways. Why bother?" Yep, that'd be because it's true. I always have. Phoey!

I think the biggest worry there stems from my inner therapist. The one that adds to the above with, "obviously there's a reason you keep doing this to yourself. Have you figured that out yet? 'Cause if not, it's just gonna happen again!"

This is why I started JUDDD, though. I agreed with my inner demon thinking that I indeed WOULD self sabotage and throw in the towel after getting close to goal again...IF I lost again on a plan that I felt restricted and frustrated with. I read about so many people happily maintaining here that it was able to shut down those negative thoughts and I jumped in within a day or so of hearing about it. Went from "no way am I doing this to myself again" to "wow, I might actually be able to STAY thin this time!"

Ask me again at the 8 month mark, LG. I always freak out and back slide back then. (it's gonna be different, it's gonna be different, it's gonna be different!)

HUGS friends!
You've done better than I have, Flutter. I've never lost more than 15 lbs on any weight loss plan, and each time I've gained it all back and more. Plus, I have never stuck to any plan longer than 3 months. So ask me at the 5 month mark. We WILL do this!

ETA: I have to say that this board, LCF, and you JB's are the number ONE reason I am excited (still) about losing weight and that it will work. Without your support and my daily posting/reading, I could not do it. Thank heavens this is FREE and I don't have to drive to a meeting place and pay to sit and weigh in front of strangers.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-15-2013 at 04:36 AM..
Old 02-15-2013, 04:49 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
During the first six months of weight loss - all the time.

During the next six months of weight loss - less and less as I realized the things I was learning about myself were all good and working.

After six months of maintenance - never. I do however always remember that complacency leads to disaster and I am going to spend the rest of my life living JUDDD's lessons.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #17
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Right now I'm scared to transition into maint. because i won't have a goal to work towards anymore and i'm afraid i'll start to get lazy-regain. I've decided to keep hanging out in this forum, even after hitting goal, for the accountability factor

Last edited by mom23kids; 02-15-2013 at 06:56 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Not so much gaining it back, but yes to being unable to lose it. It's irrational at this point, but I've never claimed to be the most rational person... or the most patient
This is me. Even though I've already lost almost 70 pounds, I constantly think I'll get stuck wherever I am. Or that I'll lose a few more pounds but never be able to actually be thin.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

^^^That describes my fears exactly, dee. It's been so long since I was "effortlessly" slim (I didn't know it THEN), it seems like a fairy tale now.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/208/180
I'm going through that "You'll never lose the weight" phase right now. I've been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for weeks. Although, this week I started fresh and have been good.....and staying off the scale for a while until I feel comfortable to look at the number again.
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
This is a great question, because I do have that fear, at times...what happens to me is that Ill do good for a while...then..I stall...I have to say tho, in looking back, I usually see something that I did that may account for the stall...it's been hard for me to believe, but even tho I do kinda low carb...if I get any gluten in my system, it seems to stop me..and of course other things do too...I had to stop the ptero because of headaches..but do take the resveratrol faithfully now.
when my head tells me to give up...usually after a day or so, I will think..oh well...time to get back into rotations...that's the way I keep hanging in..I do feel like I learn something about my body when I do start looking at things.. ...whoa..what's happening..what have I done now?...I keep coming back here and reading..and am never failed to be inspired from someone.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: route66
Stats: 160/<145/141
WOE: IF Combo - 6:1 & 16/8ish
Start Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyann View Post
I'm freaked that every bounce means I'm gaining it all back.
^^^THIS!!^^^

I decided to take a WLM break and as long as I am under 145, I'm good. Or so I thought. Today...145.0 - freakout. Should I do a DD, should I restrict, should I UUAD...what will the scale say tomorrow or the next day? The future tripping is killing me mentally!!

Thanks LG for starting this thread - lots of good stuff here!!
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Yes, I worry about that a lot. I have years of trying to lose weight unsuccessfully in my past history, and a recent history of things working for a while and then no longer working. I am currently in a stall, despite doing lowcarb, limited protein, eating very clean, and JUDDD simultaneously; my next attempt will be a potato hack, but I have such problems with my body resisting weight loss that stalling longterm is a constant worry for me.

I am trying to focus on the health benefits of what I am doing and appreciating how much better I feel at 50 pounds smaller than I was, but I do wonder whether I'll ever get to anywhere near my goal weight. But any weight that I do lose makes me feel better, and I expect to make some more progress if I keep trying, including continuing with JUDDD.
Sven, Every time you post, it is like I see myself speaking. Exactly. I believe we are long lost twins. I stall so much, that I expect it. I have this stubborn streak that I don't want to lower my cals, so I stick with clean eating. It is very relieving to know that I am not the only person who goes through this. I do know that for the 1st time since I regained the weight, (2 years) that I feel a peace about my health. If I can continue to make strides I truly believe just like Nancy, that my weight will go to where I should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Every. Single. Day!!
And, I'll be honest, being here at LCF is a large part of why I believe I will be successful this time. !
I have learned so much from reading what has worked for others. I can't imagine trying to do this on my own.

As far as fear, I used to have that fear and it was very real. JUDDD is what convinced me that I needed to relax. I can visualize goal, because I see so many that have done this.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Oh yea I was scared especially after HCG. The weight loss was so fast and spectacular that I feared I would gain it all back without it. I hit the lowest weight I could even remember.

Thanks to JUDDD though I don't feel that way as its giving me the tools to maintain and lose more. It's so good to experience hunger and then actually enjoy food. I just wish Dr J was around as it would be good to find more of the science of long term maintenance. He mentioned another doctor he worked with from memory; has anyone tried to contact him? Ugh doing this from my phone
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
successfully, OR you will gain back everything you've lost? I totally do. Most of the time I am upbeat and positive about taking control (finally), and determined to be successful this time. However, sometimes I have these thoughts. They go like this: "You have been fat for so long, you will never be slim again. You're too old to be slim again. If you do manage to lose 30 lbs or more, you'll definitely gain it back. Who cares if you're fat, you're almost 50 anyway." That last one is a killer. I don't believe any of it when I'm rational, but they still creep in when I'm vulnerable, or after one of my UUADs (like today).

This is not another negative thread, bashing myself or asking you to bash yourself. I think it's good to share our thoughts and fears, and I'm just sharing mine. I promise I always share my joyous thoughts as well!
Oh yeah. I've heard it. Mine says, "yeah you've lost it, but it won't be permanent." But that's my cue to say you know what self it can be permanent if you be diligent. Sometimes it is healthy to "talk to yourself". lol
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote