Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Mushroom Day (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/797190-mushroom-day.html)

MintQ8 02-14-2013 02:31 PM

Mushroom Day

I have been trying (unsuccessfully :sad:) to re enter the world of JUDDD so I bought a 5:2 book the other day. More as a form of inspiration, and it did!

I came across a couple of mushroom recipes and thought, hmmm I could try those, they look delish!

So yesterday I went and bought loads of mushrooms and today plan on the following...

Breakfast - fried & grilled mushroom slices
Lunch - miso or Tom yum soup with mushroom bits
Dinner - a couple of portobellos stuffed with light Philly etc, and a couple of thick bbqed pieces (for extra -lol) and some salad

The mushrooms themselves come in at 165 cals - I'm excited to try!

Seabreezes 02-14-2013 02:35 PM

Welcome back.

I thought Mushroom Day was a new holiday in Australia when I read the title:lol:

Recipes sound yummy....

KeirasMom 02-14-2013 02:39 PM

:jumpjoy: Yippee, Vicky's here! Let us know how the mushroom day goes. I'm maintaining fairly well with 5:2 for the last few weeks. Best of luck!

deborahlh 02-14-2013 02:42 PM

Yummo! I LOVE mushrooms...let us know how it goes.

stephdray 02-14-2013 03:54 PM

I love mushrooms. I'm looking forward to this.

Carly 02-14-2013 05:29 PM

Hi Vicky! I'm glad you are testing the JUDDD waters again. I adore mushrooms. Grilled portobello mushrooms with teriyaki sauce are delish.

Yennie 02-14-2013 08:56 PM

Ohhh...mushrooms. The most perfect food ever created, except for maybe potatoes.
There was a steak place here when I was a kid, The Black Angus, and they had a mushroom appetizer. Little button mushrooms in some kind of sauce, can't remember all the details except incredible yummyness.
Waiting with baited breath to hear how this goes!!!

LoCarbGal 02-14-2013 09:13 PM

Hi Vicky! Great idea on the mushrooms, they do sound yummy!

Jen, we still have Black Angus here in AZ. Love 'em!

Yennie 02-14-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16260224)
Jen, we still have Black Angus here in AZ. Love 'em!

Oh man! I need to find that mushroom recipe! SO. DANG. YUMMY!!!

hot-in-texas 02-14-2013 09:39 PM

Hi Vicky! I picked up some mushrooms at my farmers market today, they were the really big ones, don't know the name, maybe portabello? They were stuffed, one with sweet italian sausage and the other with chicken herb sausage. I don't know how to cook them though:doh: maybe I will bake then broil, plan on having them for UD lunch tomorrow (one of them, they are as big as a big Mac)

Jen, I looved Black Angus as a kid! They had a chicken tempura with plumb sause which was the first time I ever had anything like that, with a sauce, and I just loved it:love:

zipp2play 02-15-2013 05:28 AM

I love almost any mushroom. So good and so low in calories!

MintQ8 02-16-2013 10:39 PM

The day was going well, but invited out for dinner - so ended up as a MD, think it is very doable - give it another go on Monday!

sunday 02-17-2013 06:02 AM

So good to see you Vickie! :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Mushrooms are one of my fav, right behind the tomato, peppers and avocado. :heart:

hot-in-texas 02-17-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 16263385)
The day was going well, but invited out for dinner - so ended up as a MD, think it is very doable - give it another go on Monday!

Vicky, the chicken sausage portabella was delish! It came out to only 176 calories.

Portabella stem removed, sprayed with Pam(thought this wld help in the oven)
Stuff w/ chicken sausage(3 oz)(reg Italian sausage works too, might be less ounces, unsure)
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

I had never tried portabella before. You have to use a knife and fork. I also topped mine with a fried egg.

sunday 02-17-2013 06:52 AM

Sher, Portabellas are my fav of all. I love them sauteed with onion, garlic, & peppers. If you enjoy tater hack, try adding sauteed veggies on top of roasted taters.

mom23kids 02-17-2013 02:57 PM

I can't stop thinking about mushrooms after reading this post :laugh: i may need to do a mushroom day this week!

calichris 02-18-2013 01:28 PM

Hi Vicky! :hiya: Great to see you again ... wondering if you're having a mushroom day today. Sounds :yummy:.

vanilla_latte 02-18-2013 01:59 PM

I've been meaning to ask your mom about you - glad you're back! You've been another inspirational JB!