Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I exercised today! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/796987-i-exercised-today.html)

JayLynn 02-12-2013 12:23 PM

I exercised today!

I've pleaded guilty to not being the more active person I should be. But I am aware and working on it.

Thing is, I HATE exercise. I think it has some deep seeded connection to my junior high school years and the horrid P.E. teacher I had. Of course I am sure its more than just that, but that might be a big part of it. I felt she hated me! In 8th grade I was maybe 20 lbs overweight and thought I was obese .
She didn't help my fragile young teen ego by pushing me to do more all the time and calling me rude names, of course in front of all the kids.

I come from a family whose women's main topic of conversation was always weight, exercise, and clothes.

Anyway, today I just felt like moving. I turned on some music and stretched and danced and moved around for just about a half hour. I just kept moving until I raised my heart rate and had a good workout.

Not bad for this gramma! :kicking:

And ya know what? If felt good! And I'm going to go do it again in awhile. :clap:

KeirasMom 02-12-2013 12:35 PM

:high5: That's the absolute best kind of exercise --- the kind that you enjoy and WANT to do! You :sing: !

Flutter 02-12-2013 12:38 PM

Ack. Gym teachers. I have stories, too. GRRRRRR Good thing my kids have had good gym teachers!

Anyhoo, I'm so tickled for you! Sounds like you had fun!

Eieio 02-12-2013 03:07 PM

U will get Addicted to exercise, and love it.
It takes time but keep it up!

b_lou_who 02-12-2013 03:43 PM

good for you!
do gentle kind movement with your body and it will love you back

JayLynn 02-12-2013 03:43 PM

Thanks Dawn, Melinda, and Ei....I did have fun...so much fun I just had round 2! Oh my, I must be coming down with something...:jumpjoy:

Its not that I NEVER exercise. My other favorite thing is to ride my bike. We live on a big hill and busy road, so I don't feel comfortable riding it here at home so have to pack it up and bring it to a park, which I do most of the time at least once a week.

JayLynn 02-12-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 16255633)
good for you!
do gentle kind movement with your body and it will love you back

Yes b-lou...no jogging or jumping jacks for me! lol

b_lou_who 02-12-2013 04:32 PM

I don't know which part of the pacific northwest you are in, but you might love the bliss yoga I have fallen in love with. if you go to svaroopayoga dot org slash search instructor dot asp you can search from a drop down for your state and find a list of all the teachers. very gentle and healing for back/hips. I'm in Idaho

DeborahL 02-12-2013 04:33 PM

Good for you JayLynn! I love to dance too. I'm just glad there are no hidden cameras in my living room! LOL

Luv2Eat 02-12-2013 04:49 PM

That's great, JayLynn!! :high5:

JayLynn 02-12-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 16255704)
I don't know which part of the pacific northwest you are in, but you might love the bliss yoga I have fallen in love with. if you go to svaroopayoga dot org slash search instructor dot asp you can search from a drop down for your state and find a list of all the teachers. very gentle and healing for back/hips. I'm in Idaho

I've checked out yoga classes here...haven't found any I can do. I live about an hour from seattle. I do like stretching/yoga.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeborahL (Post 16255706)
Good for you JayLynn! I love to dance too. I'm just glad there are no hidden cameras in my living room! LOL

Oh me too, Deborah! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Eat (Post 16255741)
That's great, JayLynn!! :high5:

Thanks. It really felt good.

Librarygirl 02-12-2013 05:59 PM

Excellent Jaylynn!! You guys are going to motivate to move my butt before long! :D

ETA: I always hated P.E. too. I had two girls who bullied me in the locker room every day. Gosh I miss school! :D