Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Finally went on a Cruise! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/796971-finally-went-cruise.html)

Luv2Eat 02-12-2013 09:54 AM

Finally went on a Cruise!

Howdy Ya'll, my beloved JUDDD BUDDD's :hugs:

I have a food related cruise story to share!

For Christmas, my Mom and Dad paid for dh and I to take a cruise with them. Thanks Mom and Dad!!:sing: Probably the best Christmas gift EVER!!!

They've been trying to get us to take a cruise for years. I didn't think I'd like the limited space with tons of people I don't know, and was always afraid I'd gain more weight that I had already, with no hope of losing it. Since I found JUDDD last year, the second concern has been addressed. The timing couldn't have been more perfect - by the time of the cruise, I was down to my goal weight, and even dropped a bit below for added measure.

I have to say here, this is the first time in my life that I've been able to drop below my goal weight. When I was a teen, I fasted and exercised hours, but was still 'chubby'. Tried many diets over the next three decades with little success. JUDDD is the first diet I've had complete control over my weight - there is something special about the calorie cycling. I digress.

So anyway, get to the cruise boat with 5 pounds to spare before the tiny jeans wouldn't fit. So glad I did - there was food available 24/7! The first two days I pigged out until I almost burst. Then after that, started to slow down. My favorite was the desert table - I think I might have tried every dessert they put out. Heaven! Went back for seconds on the good desserts.

A whole week of unbridled eating - no scale - no calorie counting - just me and the food, baby! :high5: Honestly, I spent most of my time in the Cafe with either food or coffee.

Came home to a 3 pound gain. Within one week of clean JUDDD, it's gone, gone, gone!!!! :high5:

This is my :notwrthy: to the power of JUDDD and Sirtuins. :sing:

~Pamela

Carly 02-12-2013 10:00 AM

That's awesome!!!!! I love going on cruises and agree that it will be that much better with JUDDD and SIRTs on my side. We are going to Florida in April and will soon have to try on my old swim suits. They look so small, but I'm wearing all my other goal clothes so my fingers are crossed. DW and I looked at a few cruise packages recently so I suspect that will be our next big trip after Florida.

Congrats again on the 3lbs gone!!

Luv2Eat 02-12-2013 10:18 AM

Thank you, Carly!!
You're gonna :sing: the bathing suit :cool:

Eieio 02-12-2013 10:19 AM

Great news, very good!
I've been on one cruise, hubby stayed home.
I went with two other gals.
The food was beautiful, endless ocean of food!
Want to take hubby next time.
The best part, no one has to drive. Except the pilot of course.
GO DR J.

KeirasMom 02-12-2013 10:29 AM

We're looking at cruises now for July or August. I can't wait, especially after your description! :D

Luv2Eat 02-12-2013 10:38 AM

Eieio - yes, it's very nice to unpack one time and go to a few different places but not have to drive. I did get off the boat at port, that was fun too! Finished a book while the captain drove:up:

Kierasmom, I hope you love it as much as I did :D

tekla 02-12-2013 10:53 AM

That is so fantastic! Having a great time and dropping the few pounds gained so quickly. Gotta love JUDDD :jumpjoy:

We went on a cruise last summer and took the whole family (DH, myself, and 3 kiddos). I was worried they would not appreciate it but they had a great time and had some wonderful experiences. They got to see so many things and LOVED the all night pizza bar. It was a very special vacation for us.

Yennie 02-12-2013 11:13 AM

This is so inspiring! It's so awesome to know how on track you are, even after a week off.
I have a few things coming up in the next 3 months that aren't diet friendly. When I was doing Atkins, I was freaking put about how I was going to wreck all my hard work but there is honestly no way around it. But now that I've switched to JUDDD, I realize its possible! And hearing incredible stories like this are so important for us newbies to realize we have power over food!
Glad you loved the cruise & thank you for sharing.

LoCarbGal 02-12-2013 11:23 AM

Fantastic results! I'm so glad you had a good time!

hot-in-texas 02-12-2013 11:23 AM

Luv, that is the best story ever! I so so badly want to be where you are!!! I still have about 35 pounds to go. I'm glad you had a wonderful time, and enjoyed it to the fullest. We don't go on cruises every day, so might as well enjoy it when you can!
I've been on 1 cruise and we went with 18 family members! To me, the best part was porking. I mean porTing, lol.

JayLynn 02-12-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Eat (Post 16255057)
Howdy Ya'll, my beloved JUDDD BUDDD's :hugs:

I have a food related cruise story to share!

For Christmas, my Mom and Dad paid for dh and I to take a cruise with them. Thanks Mom and Dad!!:sing: Probably the best Christmas gift EVER!!!

They've been trying to get us to take a cruise for years. I didn't think I'd like the limited space with tons of people I don't know, and was always afraid I'd gain more weight that I had already, with no hope of losing it. Since I found JUDDD last year, the second concern has been addressed. The timing couldn't have been more perfect - by the time of the cruise, I was down to my goal weight, and even dropped a bit below for added measure.

I have to say here, this is the first time in my life that I've been able to drop below my goal weight. When I was a teen, I fasted and exercised hours, but was still 'chubby'. Tried many diets over the next three decades with little success. JUDDD is the first diet I've had complete control over my weight - there is something special about the calorie cycling. I digress.

So anyway, get to the cruise boat with 5 pounds to spare before the tiny jeans wouldn't fit. So glad I did - there was food available 24/7! The first two days I pigged out until I almost burst. Then after that, started to slow down. My favorite was the desert table - I think I might have tried every dessert they put out. Heaven! Went back for seconds on the good desserts.

A whole week of unbridled eating - no scale - no calorie counting - just me and the food, baby! :high5: Honestly, I spent most of my time in the Cafe with either food or coffee.

Came home to a 3 pound gain. Within one week of clean JUDDD, it's gone, gone, gone!!!! :high5:

This is my :notwrthy: to the power of JUDDD and Sirtuins. :sing:

~Pamela

Hi Luv! I was wondering how liked your cruise. How wonderful to hear you ate all you wanted and got those three little lbs off with just a couple DD's. Awesome!

What ports did you visit? How was the weather.

Glad you're back and had a fantastic time!:hugs:

p.s. would your parents like to adopt me? What a nice gift!

Flutter 02-12-2013 11:36 AM

Oooh, sounds like you had SO MUCH FUN! Unbelievable that you were only "up" 3# and then lost it so quickly. That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Disney trip coming up, then a month later, a trip to meet some online friends I've "known" for 10 years. I've put it off a long time b/c I didn't want to be the fat friend. ;) Anyhoo, I've already been worrying about what I'll do on both trips rotation wise. You sure give me hope! (even though I still have more to lose!)

tobelowcarber 02-12-2013 12:52 PM

That's great :jumpjoy: JUDD is so forgiving. Few rotations you are back to original. Love it!

Luv2Eat 02-12-2013 01:01 PM

Thank you, everyone, for your happy replies!! :high5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16255288)
Hi Luv! I was wondering how liked your cruise. How wonderful to hear you ate all you wanted and got those three little lbs off with just a couple DD's. Awesome!

What ports did you visit? How was the weather.

Glad you're back and had a fantastic time!:hugs:

p.s. would your parents like to adopt me? What a nice gift!

Hmmm, they might :laugh: Yes, it was a lovely and thoughtful gift :cry:

Here is a pic of me at the Cafe, eating again!:

[IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...tCruise935.jpg[/IMG]

We only had one excursion scheduled, and it got cancelled the day before because of lack of participants.

The cruise was with Royal Caribbean out of Galveston, on the Mariner of the Seas. First port - Roaton, the cancelled excursion. We took a taxi tour and the guide was very good, saw the court house, school, things like that, then we ended up at the beach. Lots of little children selling trinkets and women selling massages. Bought some trinkets. The beach was beautiful.

Here is some eye candy of Darling Husband who just brought me a Strawberry Daiquri. He's been low carbing and lost 40 pounds.

[IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...tCruise430.jpg[/IMG]

Second Port was outside Belize, had a tender ride to shore. Did a little train tour through the town, the guide again, was nice. Belize City was more crowded, but it's on the mainland. Here is a picture of the new and only stoplight in town, the guide said it's a tourist attraction:

[IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...tCruise655.jpg[/IMG]

Third Port was Cancun, Mexico. Took a taxi to the beach, it was fab. Shopping at port was super fab. The best part was we docked next to the Royal Carribean Allure of the Seas, I think it's the largest passenger vessel on the water. The canyon between the two ships was breathtaking.

[IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...tCruise928.jpg[/IMG]

Finally, here is a pic of me with my Darling Dad and Darling Mom:

[IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...tCruise880.jpg[/IMG]

You can see how large the two ships are! DH and I were blessed to watch the Allure pull in and dock next to us, this huge ship is open on the inside - I read online that it has plants and greens growing in the middle :eek: The massive size of these ships is awe inspiring.

ETA, the pants I'm wearing here were too small for me this time last year ;)

Luv2Eat 02-12-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16255256)
This is so inspiring! It's so awesome to know how on track you are, even after a week off.
I have a few things coming up in the next 3 months that aren't diet friendly. When I was doing Atkins, I was freaking put about how I was going to wreck all my hard work but there is honestly no way around it. But now that I've switched to JUDDD, I realize its possible! And hearing incredible stories like this are so important for us newbies to realize we have power over food!
Glad you loved the cruise & thank you for sharing.

I know, right? Atkins is nice, but the limitations make it hard to socialize. JUDDD is much more forgiving. Sirtuins stick around longer than ketones it seems.

KeirasMom 02-12-2013 01:37 PM

Love the pictures, thanks so much for sharing! And my goodness, I knew you were tiny, but you are tiny!

Luv2Eat 02-12-2013 02:05 PM

I'm absolutely exploding with happy happy that JUDDD has treated me so well!

4'6", 75# puts me way on the far reaches of the Bell Curve. . . . blew through my set point of 82# in high school . . . . .

Flutter 02-12-2013 02:27 PM

awwww, LOVE the photos!!!!! Those are some super honkin huge ships! WOW!

You, my dear, are adorable! Tiny is right! 4'6"??? hehe! :heart: (dare I say my 9yo DD is 4'8"?) You have done so well!!!!!!!!! :congrats:

JayLynn 02-12-2013 02:39 PM

Thanks for posting the pictures, Luv....I'm so glad to see you had the best time! And you look great! You and DH are goodlookin' peeps! lol

Yennie 02-12-2013 02:45 PM

GORGEOUS!!!!! How cool!

Luv2Eat 02-12-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16255625)
Thanks for posting the pictures, Luv....I'm so glad to see you had the best time! And you look great! You and DH are goodlookin' peeps! lol

Awww, thank you JayLynn :hugs:

Luv2Eat 02-12-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16255606)
awwww, LOVE the photos!!!!! Those are some super honkin huge ships! WOW!

You, my dear, are adorable! Tiny is right! 4'6"??? hehe! :heart: (dare I say my 9yo DD is 4'8"?) You have done so well!!!!!!!!! :congrats:

Thank you, Flutter!! Yes, I'm the size of an average third grade child. Not complaining, I can drive a car and reach everything I need mostly ;)

Librarygirl 02-12-2013 05:17 PM

Beautiful pictures!!! You look gorgeous, and soooo tiny!:heart::clap: Thank you for sharing, and you have put the "cruise bug" in my head!

Flutter 02-12-2013 05:20 PM

hehe, you are just so adorable!!!

Some day, I'm going to have to try this cruise thing...you sure make it look super fun!

gotsomeold 02-12-2013 05:24 PM

Pamela, you look great!

DH and I are cruise fiends (two scheduled this year and wondering if we can fit in another). I love love love traveling and taking my hotel room with me!

And, yes, since the sirts kicked in no matter what I ate on vaycay, it was gone within a week. Love JUDDD.

tekla 02-12-2013 05:26 PM

I agree with everyone else those are great pics!

Shari4 02-12-2013 06:56 PM

Wow, Luv!! Not only are you tiny, you're gorgeous!! :) I've been on 2 cruises with DH & we had a blast both times! We've been talking about going again; but, it is so difficult to leave our son with other caregivers. We do have a couple we would trust him with, so, it's just a matter of letting go & going! The last time we went was almost 5 years ago & our son became critically ill 3 weeks after we got back! He needed 3 major surgeries & spent 62 days in & out of the hospital. Now, he is really healthy! :)

You make me want to go NOW!! :laugh: *note to self.......get a passport*!

I love your pictures!! Thank you for sharing your trip & showing how JUDDD can coincide with vacations! I love it!!! :clap:

Carly 02-13-2013 05:16 AM

Luv, the pictures are awesome! Looks like you guys had a blast!!!! You are looking marvelous as well!

zipp2play 02-13-2013 05:45 AM

Your pictures are amazing. YOU DID GREAT and totally deserved the week of FUN. I too went on a Christmas cruise with my family last year and I must say, BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!

LoCarbGal 02-13-2013 08:21 AM

I just love the pictures! You look so happy and pretty!