Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Saturday-- the calm after the storm (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/796727-dd-saturday-calm-after-storm.html)

sorenkkg 02-08-2013 11:01 PM

DD Saturday-- the calm after the storm

Hopefully ^^^ that's true for you if you're anywhere on the East coast!

I'm starting the thread b/c, hey, I'm still AWAKE (omg, what is going ON???)

So, here's my non-potato-including plan for this DD:

B: sleep through it, please oh please
tea, vitamins
L: cucumber, about 40 cal
D: coleslaw soup, 50 cal
yogurt, jam, honey-- about 300 cal

total, 400 for the day.

Ok, I think, maybe, I'm ready for bed... :sleepy:

S.

Shari4 02-09-2013 12:45 AM

No plans yet for my DD later today. But, just wanted to say that I hope you can sleep soon, soren!! I'm heading to bed myself!

pugluv9802 02-09-2013 05:06 AM

I'm going to try the meal replacment shakes again. If I get too hungy, I will have a lettuce salad. We shall see. So far, 2 cups of coffee with to teaspoons of coffeemate in each, plus plenty of water. Here's to a good day for all.

sorenkkg 02-09-2013 12:13 PM

Hi! Thanks Shari :)
I wound up staying up till about 3:30 or so :eek: ... it doesn't help that I'm reading an awesome book... I put it down with about 10% left to go (love my kindle reader app :))

Anyway, used today's energy to get a bunch of stuff done when DH went out to an appt... laundry, bed made up, showered and even a touch of makeup :)

B: tea
L: around 1:30pm, my 50 cal cabbage soup.

D: the plan is to see a movie, so I was going to bring 100 cal popcorn with me... I can have 1 serving of my yogurt with honey and jam, and later, another soup if I need it...

might come to just 356 as planned above... I could double the yogurt even.. hmm, so many options, it seems so luxurious (to me) for a DD :)

Lynn-- my DH does shakes too, and finds it helpful and easy on DD... he can do that, and then I cook our 1 main meal, and it just seems to work for him.

Happy digging out storm-stricken folks!
S.

mom23kids 02-09-2013 01:20 PM

No appetite at all today-weird!

3 hb eggs
3 slices of turkey bacon
2 cups diet hot cocoa

pugluv9802 02-09-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16249886)
Hi! Thanks Shari :)
I wound up staying up till about 3:30 or so :eek: ... it doesn't help that I'm reading an awesome book... I put it down with about 10% left to go (love my kindle reader app :))

Anyway, used today's energy to get a bunch of stuff done when DH went out to an appt... laundry, bed made up, showered and even a touch of makeup :)

B: tea
L: around 1:30pm, my 50 cal cabbage soup.

D: the plan is to see a movie, so I was going to bring 100 cal popcorn with me... I can have 1 serving of my yogurt with honey and jam, and later, another soup if I need it...

might come to just 356 as planned above... I could double the yogurt even.. hmm, so many options, it seems so luxurious (to me) for a DD :)

Lynn-- my DH does shakes too, and finds it helpful and easy on DD... he can do that, and then I cook our 1 main meal, and it just seems to work for him.

Happy digging out storm-stricken folks!
S.

What is your recipe for the cabbage soup? TIA

sorenkkg 02-09-2013 03:37 PM

Soren's cabbage soup - makes 4servings-about 50 cal each

1 bag shredded coleslaw cabbage
1L container chicken stock
2T onion flakes
Either 4T sugar free ketchup or same amount salsa, or half and half
1 T tomato paste (I use a tube, not a can, makes small amts easier)
S&p to taste
Pinch of Herbes de Provence or summer savory/thyme.

Mix all together in a pot and boil, then simmer until the veggies are softer - ten min?
Divide evenly in 4 containers.

BaileysGirl 02-09-2013 06:12 PM

Hey! I did pretty good today!!!

B - nada stayed in bed til around 12! LOL
L - atkins bar 210c at 1pm
D - some grilled chicken breast n onions w/ a little beans/rice just now at 745pm not sure on the calories but only ate a little so hoping I came in around 400 calories today!!!

Kismet311 02-09-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaileysGirl (Post 16250376)
Hey! I did pretty good today!!!

B - nada stayed in bed til around 12! LOL

That's a good idea!! Maybe I will try to sleep late tomorrow for my DD. I can't eat if I'm sleeping LOOL (at least I hope not :hyst: )

sorenkkg 02-09-2013 09:04 PM

I came in at 376. No yogurt, a cracker and some cheese instead. I'm having some cocomint crime tea, and looking forward to tomorrow !

Truffles 02-09-2013 09:06 PM

Turkey pita
Greek peach yogurt
Salad
Broc, cabbage, cauliflower soup
Strawberry cheesecake bar
Coffee
Broth
2 bites carrot cake (counted as 80 cal)

All for 524 cal