Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Be safe north east JBs (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/796707-safe-north-east-jbs.html)

Carly 02-08-2013 03:07 PM

Be safe north east JBs

In NY we are under a state of emergency. The weather will continue to worsen as the evening goes on. They are calling for 60 mile an hour winds and white out conditions. I just want to send :aprayer: for all the buds in the path of this storm. This has been a rough few months since the hurricane.

I have my flash lights ready with back up batteries. We filled the cars with gas since the last time that was a nightmare.

Hope everyone is home with their loved ones and staying warm :heart:

KeirasMom 02-08-2013 03:14 PM

:aprayer: Please check in as you're able to as well. I'll be thinking about you all! :heart:

hot-in-texas 02-08-2013 03:26 PM

Stay safe, stay warm!

LadyKT 02-08-2013 05:37 PM

So far so good here - we got some snow, but not much. Rumor is there's another storm behind it that might be worse but i'm not sure. We'll see! All I know is that i'm home, cooking up a storm (and eating up a storm!) and NOT in that snow!

Cindy-lou 02-08-2013 07:41 PM

The snow has just started here in the East coast of Canada ...I can't wait till April, I'm going to Mexico

sorenkkg 02-08-2013 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our storm is basically over... we'll have some blowing snow and winds, but I think the main dump is over. Not sure if it's a full-on new record, but it's the most we've gotten at once since 2008, and things are a mess here... tons of accidents, 50% of flights cancelled, and a few deaths (some from accidents, one from shoveling).

No power outages that I know of, thankfully.

Carly and other NY and East Coast JBs and LCFs-- please do check in, you guys keep getting hit (is this one being called Nemo? I think I saw that somewhere)-- you're getting more than us b/c other fronts are combining that didn't make it all the way up here...

:hugs: stay safe and Carly, maybe throw on an extra extra heating blanket, k? ;)

p.s. here's me and Aleeya (one of my 2 greyhounds) in the driveway just after DH shoveled for 1.5hrs.... I'm the taller one with the opposable thumbs :D

S.

gotitnow 02-08-2013 10:55 PM

:aprayer: you all will stay safe and cozy.

Phyl:heart:

Shari4 02-08-2013 11:43 PM

Be safe everyone! I'm sending many :hugs: & :aprayer: your way!!

Shari4 02-08-2013 11:46 PM

Oh! Soren, I love your picture!! :)

tobelowcarber 02-09-2013 04:34 AM

Checking in from CT. Lots of lots of snow, but not complaining since we have power.
Stay safe everyone!

Librarygirl 02-09-2013 04:54 AM

Love the picture, Soren!! Is that your house behind you? It looks sort of Victorian. Very beautiful. :)

Stay safe and warm everyone.:hugs:I don't wish for dangerous weather, but it would be nice to see some snow. We didn't get a flake.

Kismet311 02-09-2013 05:24 AM

We got about 12 inches here. Will have to start shoveling soon. At least I will burn some calories today!

Scotty 02-09-2013 05:32 AM

Hartford area. Still snowing and blowing but not as bad as it was, and we have power. Maybe 2 feet by the end this aft?

I have plenty of books, on-demand, and it's an UD!

LadyKT 02-09-2013 06:00 AM

Snowed about 8 inches. Car's cleaned off and i'm off to the gym because it's open and classes strangely enough are still being held...and now that i'm going for my body combat certification, I kinda HAVE to go! :laugh:

hot-in-texas 02-09-2013 06:27 AM

Cute picture Soren, you're cute and all bundled up:). My tablet keeps wanting me to call you 'Siren' lol

hot-in-texas 02-09-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyKT (Post 16249308)
Snowed about 8 inches. Car's cleaned off and i'm off to the gym because it's open and classes strangely enough are still being held...and now that i'm going for my body combat certification, I kinda HAVE to go! :laugh:

Really? Well that is very cool! but be careful!

KeirasMom 02-09-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16249350)
Cute picture Soren, you're cute and all bundled up:). My tablet keeps wanting me to call you 'Siren' lol

I love that. We should nickname Soren our JUDDD Siren to the north! :heart:

Carly 02-09-2013 06:52 AM

We have a ton of snow, but the power is on so no complaints. We may even brave Wal-Mart later today for some much needed toilet paper and papertowels!

Kissa 02-09-2013 07:28 AM

Hope all are still safe.

deedee 02-09-2013 07:53 AM

Hope everyone is safe! We have a little over a foot here in NYC but the power is still on so it's actually kind of nice to be stuck home.

Kismet311 02-09-2013 07:59 AM

No power loss, driveway is snowblowed/shoveled and the roads are pretty clear. Hubby is taking me to the grocery store soon since I apparently didn't buy enough snacks for the weekend (he ate 90% of what I already bought while i was sleeping last night!!)

Carly 02-09-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16249525)
No power loss, driveway is snowblowed/shoveled and the roads are pretty clear. Hubby is taking me to the grocery store soon since I apparently didn't buy enough snacks for the weekend (he ate 90% of what I already bought while i was sleeping last night!!)

:hyst::hyst::hyst:

We are heading out to Wal-Mart. The streets look passable.

sunday 02-09-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyKT (Post 16249308)

Wow! Body Combat Certification? Good for you!!! :)

Soren, I just love your dog pics. I am glad to hear that all is well there.:love:

Carly, Be safe and you must be very brave to go to Wal-Mart today! :lol:

Everyone please stay warm and safe.

Has anyone heard from PirateJenny? I noticed she hasn't been around at all. :sad:

Shari4 02-09-2013 10:51 AM

I'm so glad to hear that all are with power!! Stay warm & safe JB's!! :hugs:

sorenkkg 02-09-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16249215)
Love the picture, Soren!! Is that your house behind you? It looks sort of Victorian. Very beautiful. :)

Thanks Cindy-- actually, our houses aren't anything special, I think that's just the angle... that's my neighbors' houses-- we live in "semi" detatched, so they look like 1 big house but are actually 2 that share a wall... But we like ours! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16249350)

LOL, I have to teach all my devices about my name ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16249387)
I love that. We should nickname Soren our JUDDD Siren to the north! :heart:

:o I'll try not to sing sailors to their doom! :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 16249829)
Soren, I just love your dog pics. I am glad to hear that all is well there.:love:

Thank you! That's my little monkey Aleeya (her brother was with DH who took the pic) and as they get older (will be 13 in a month) they give me absolute fits about their health/well-being, but also provide hours of amusement :laugh::hyst::rofl:

Carly 02-09-2013 11:51 AM

This is the only time we have ever been in Wal-Mart were it was semi empty. It's freezing and very windy, but our city did a pretty good job of plowing. We got just more than a foot, but some drifts are over 2 feet due to the wind.

LadyKT 02-09-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Wow! Body Combat Certification? Good for you!!! :)

Has anyone heard from PirateJenny? I noticed she hasn't been around at all. :sad:

Yup! There were about 5 people in class today. We're a dedicated few. :laugh:

I thought I saw her post a couple days ago somewhere but I could be wrong. :dunno:

piratejenny 02-09-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

I'm here and all is well! No power outage, and I'm very grateful for that!
We were on the edge of the storm and only got about 6-8". I don't have to go anywhere til tomorrow so my son's doing the digging a little at a time.

Sometimes I just click on my control panel to see if there are any thread updates, & forget to check the main JUDDD area. :doh:

Glad to see so many checking in, and I hope everyone who hasn't is safe, too! :heart:

Alison 02-09-2013 02:07 PM

We got a foot of snow here in upstate New York, and let me tell you, my car looks like a marshmallow! We did have someone plow our driveway (around my car) but I will be burning some calories by shoveling the steps and the car! :D I love non-gym exercise on my Up Days!

sunday 02-09-2013 03:09 PM

PJ! Wonderful! I can't believe how much snow some areas have. :)

Alison hope you can dig the car out when you need it! :help: