Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I don't think I'd like them either, soon. I can work with 100 cals of angel hair pasta.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoosinItNow View Post
I have completed my first two weeks of JUDDD, doing DD on M,W,F, with a MD on Sunday. I haven't been counting cals on UD's, just trying to eat (a little) healther. I have lost 17 lbs and my blood sugar and BP, which were both dangerously high have come back down to normal rates! I was wondering if my scales were off (17 lbs!) but had a DR's appt and their scales verifiedd the loss

Almost every DD has gone like this:

Nothing except water until 1-2 pm. For lunch, egg drop soup packet with one egg white: 120 cals. I found the soup packets at Whole Foods, the packets are 100 cals by themselves. Makes 2 1/2 cups, and I drink it all. Very filling.

Dinner is almost always spaghetti - I did this on HCG every night for dinner and lost nearly 21 lbs in 2 weeks. I use the Tofu Shirataki, for 40 cals for the pkg vs 0 for the non-tofu noodles, but I like the softer feel the tofu gives the noodles, they aren't as rubbery.

So, tofu shirataki noodles: 40 cals, 1/3 C Yves Meatless ground: 60 cals, 1/2 C Hunts crushed tomatoes: 45 cals, a tiny bit of frozen green peppers: 5-10 cals, + a dash of garlic and onion powder and a bit of chicken broth, minimal cals, at the most 5. for a total of: 160cals for a really HUGE plate of food.

Then for dessert before bed- 1 caramel rice cake: 50 cals, 2 TAB FF whipped topping (I sprinkle a little stevia on top of the whipped topping) - freeze it for 1/2 hr and it is an "ice cream sandwich" for 70 cals!

Total for DD's: 350 cals!

I have also occasionally added (when I am real Hungry) Dannon Light and Fit Carb and Sugar Control yogurt: 45 cals, and/or 2 Ballpark Turkey Whie Meat Franks @ 45 cals each for an extra 135 cals. That still is under the 500 cals for the day!

Hoping if I follow this, my wt will continue to melt away - I'll eat like this every DD for such good wt loss, and great BP & BS results!
That is SO awesome!! I love your creative menu. I think I may try some egg drop soup today, I already have the chicken stock. Next time I ho grocery shopping, I'm gonns get the ice cream sandwich ingredients,
Hope to see more and more posts from you!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoosinItNow
Stats: 305/287/180 goal
WOE: Lost 30 w/HCG to 230, Sick 1yr, back to 305!
Start Date: This time, Jan 28, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post

It seems like your stats are not updated. If you don't mind, what are your current stats?
In May of 2011 after several years of off and on low-carb, and two rounds of HCG I was around 230 lbs (down from my highest at 320) and the lowest I had been for 20 years! I kept it off for 5-6 mos, but then had a foot injury (diabetic-related) where I was looking at a foot amputation. I saved the foot, but have been in and out of a wheel chair because of it ever since, and my wheight had soared back to 305 lbs, which is the wt I started at two weeks ago.

I am miserable and have to do something, plus my BP & BG levels were dangerously high. Every DD is still a struggle to complete, but HCG taught me for the first time that I will be fine, that I am NOT going to starve, and that if I can conquer my head hunger, then my body will do just fine. I hope to continue on JUDDD for a long while, as I much prefer the 500 cal days be interspersed with food days! I seem to do well with weight loss, If I can ever just convence myself to START!

I'd much rather eat everything and anything I want, but that is diabetic suicide, and am why I am back in the 300's again. -- No,wait, I am now at 287 lbs, so am in the high 200's! Makes a difference.
and this is good, but people are beginning to suspect we have paid a high spiritual price for our plenty. Euell Gibbons

Better a little with the fear of the LORD than great wealth with turmoil. Proverbs 15:16
LoosinItNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Quote:
I don't think I'd like them either, soon. I can work with 100 cals of angel hair pasta.
Hmmm I don't think I could do the tofu or non tofu shirataki either. Never tried! Now you've got me wondering just how much 100 cals worth of angel hair or thin spaghetti actually is! I could totally do that with some grilled chicken or shrimp and tomato sauce!

I recently made a salad dressing recipe I found on pinterest. It called for skim milk which made it higher in calories and carbs. I subbed some almond milk and water. Unfortunatley, I was dipping LAYS chips into it last night... But thought it would be a good DD dressing for salads, pasta...whatever.

1 pkt ranch seasoning
1 80cal cup of dannon oikos greek yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or more if you'd rather not do water. 1 cup is only 40cals)
1/4 cup water (or less depending on how thick or thin you like it.)

So for the whole container it could be 90 calories!

Natasha

Last edited by BaileysGirl; 02-11-2013 at 09:42 AM..
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I used to add the rice shaped ones to my low calorie soup to fill me up. I like those. And I even liked the noodles and they served a purpose but I don't use them anymore.
My new favorite DD meal is potato soup.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
In May of 2011 after several years of off and on low-carb, and two rounds of HCG I was around 230 lbs (down from my highest at 320) and the lowest I had been for 20 years! I kept it off for 5-6 mos, but then had a foot injury (diabetic-related) where I was looking at a foot amputation. I saved the foot, but have been in and out of a wheel chair because of it ever since, and my wheight had soared back to 305 lbs, which is the wt I started at two weeks ago.

I am miserable and have to do something, plus my BP & BG levels were dangerously high. Every DD is still a struggle to complete, but HCG taught me for the first time that I will be fine, that I am NOT going to starve, and that if I can conquer my head hunger, then my body will do just fine. I hope to continue on JUDDD for a long while, as I much prefer the 500 cal days be interspersed with food days! I seem to do well with weight loss, If I can ever just convence myself to START!

I'd much rather eat everything and anything I want, but that is diabetic suicide, and am why I am back in the 300's again. -- No,wait, I am now at 287 lbs, so am in the high 200's! Makes a difference.
Great start! I didn't mean to pry, but I think JUDDD will be perfect for you.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
Hmmm I don't think I could do the tofu or non tofu shirataki either. Never tried! Now you've got me wondering just how much 100 cals worth of angel hair or thin spaghetti actually is! I could totally do that with some grilled chicken or shrimp and tomato sauce!

I recently made a salad dressing recipe I found on pinterest. It called for skim milk which made it higher in calories and carbs. I subbed some almond milk and water. Unfortunatley, I was dipping LAYS chips into it last night... But thought it would be a good DD dressing for salads, pasta...whatever.

1 pkt ranch seasoning
1 80cal cup of dannon oikos greek yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or more if you'd rather not do water. 1 cup is only 40cals)
1/4 cup water (or less depending on how thick or thin you like it.)

So for the whole container it could be 90 calories!
That sounds delish. I weigh my pasta and it amounts to enough for a serving (less than I would have eaten when I wasn't measuring by far tho). I like to do angel hair pasta, spray some butter on the noodles, add a pkg of cooked spinach and 2 T of parm. Very filling. I think it's like 160 cals for the whole meal.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Mine change depending on the season.

Summer - plate home grown tomatoes with a little cottage cheese
Depending on the size of tomato, I can usually have a plate full for 200c

1/2 cup Cottage cheese and strawberries 130c

Winter - Progresso soups , although the GF ones are typically 280 for the can, still good and filling.

Homemade broccoli soup -200c huge bowl

Anytime:
Baked potato with mushrooms/spray butter/sour cream - 155c

Stir fry - cauli rice, mushrooms, snap peas, zucc 75c with protein 200-215c

Another stir fry - can of chick peas, mushrooms, brocc, snap peas 435c total (DH and I split it)

Cold salad - chick peas, peppers, snap peas, feta , light dressing 700c (dh and I split it)

any lettuce salad with protein, 1 T cheese, tomato and salsa 190c

Monica - JUDDD! Come see my journey!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Mine's not a meal, really. It's my most favorite of favorites - YoCheese Pudding!

I strain full fat Dannon plain yogurt and I admit, I only count half the calories due to the numerous opinions here and other places. It makes sense to me, so that's what I do. My concoction, for a DD, is this:

1 c. strained full fat Dannon plain yogurt
4 squirts Reddi-wip
few sprinkle shakes of SF jello, dry (I love lime)
sweetener of choice to taste

I put it in the freezer for a bit and once you get the timing down, it can taste like a slice of Key Lime Pie or lime frozen yogurt.

I count this as 110 calories. Even though I'm trying to wean down to liquids only on a DD, if I gotta have something, this is it.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:

you are doing AWESOME! and we are close to the same weight....I have lost a whopping 3 lbs doing lc WW.....SO not worth the constant watching of points!

I totally think you are doing amazing and off to a record great start! Can't wait to see constant updates from you!!! I me some hot dogs too! Only I have to have Nathan's skinless! So only on UD!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Mine's not a meal, really. It's my most favorite of favorites - YoCheese Pudding!

I strain full fat Dannon plain yogurt and I admit, I only count half the calories due to the numerous opinions here and other places. It makes sense to me, so that's what I do. My concoction, for a DD, is this:

1 c. strained full fat Dannon plain yogurt
4 squirts Reddi-wip
few sprinkle shakes of SF jello, dry (I love lime)
sweetener of choice to taste

I put it in the freezer for a bit and once you get the timing down, it can taste like a slice of Key Lime Pie or lime frozen yogurt.

I count this as 110 calories. Even though I'm trying to wean down to liquids only on a DD, if I gotta have something, this is it.
I'm drooling!!! I am going to have to do this! I tried linda sue's jello whip and actually liked it, but it uses cream cheese...not so doable on DD so I am going to have to try this! LOVE some key lime pie!

So all the reading about noodles made me crave them and then i remembered I had two packs of miracle noodles left! SO i DRAINED them beyond well and threw them in a fire hot skillet w/ about a 1/2 cup of brocolli slaw, a dash of soy sauce (MUST place an order on here soon for coconut aminos ) and about a 1/3 of a cup o miso packet. DEELISH! Totally satisfying and less than 74 calories! IF i still need dinner later I will make a salad and some gardinera (addicted to this lately!) but I think I will be good to go with a cup of tea later!

Any thoughts on not getting in all of the DD calories? Funny, I thought i would have trouble getting in my UD cals yeah not so much! FULL, but i got 'em! Now I'm thinking on my first down day I will be under by about 100 cals! I get 2443/484 each day!
pibble mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Pibble-- no worries on DD calories usually... JUDDD is based on intermittent fasting, so theoretically, you could not eat entirely on a DD and be fine. The 20% and other %'s are for people to feel more comfortable, and not just totally freak out about not eating on DDs

That said-- some people do better on lower than their calculated number on a DD, but some people lose weight just fine, or better, on a slightly higher number.

So, truly, YMMV. I'm actually going about 100 less on my DD (and anywhere from 200-0 less on my UD) and I'm doing ok. But they're there if I need them, so I'm not freaking out either way, ya know?

I'm also making a point of eating something pretty delicious on my DD when I do eat, and getting lots of fluids... so I don't feel I'm missing anything, usually.

Anyway, if you do less now and then, it certainly won't hurt. And if you go a bit over, it won't hurt.

It's like JUDDD is made of Nerf.

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Pibble-- no worries on DD calories usually... JUDDD is based on intermittent fasting, so theoretically, you could not eat entirely on a DD and be fine. The 20% and other %'s are for people to feel more comfortable, and not just totally freak out about not eating on DDs

That said-- some people do better on lower than their calculated number on a DD, but some people lose weight just fine, or better, on a slightly higher number.

So, truly, YMMV. I'm actually going about 100 less on my DD (and anywhere from 200-0 less on my UD) and I'm doing ok. But they're there if I need them, so I'm not freaking out either way, ya know?

I'm also making a point of eating something pretty delicious on my DD when I do eat, and getting lots of fluids... so I don't feel I'm missing anything, usually.

Anyway, if you do less now and then, it certainly won't hurt. And if you go a bit over, it won't hurt.

It's like JUDDD is made of Nerf.

S.
Me likes!!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Heyyyy Pibble!

That key lime stuff does sound delish!!! I could do that for an after dinner snack UD or DD!!!

Library - Mmm the spinach sounds delish and maybe a wedge of laughing cow cheese...I keep forgetting to buy some spray butta!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yes, Natasha! I did add a wedge of LC cheese. MMMmmm. Didn't plan well today, so no special DD dinner for me.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Acor
Stats: 160/128/115 5'2
My favorite is a cup or so of spaghetti squash, 3oz of ground beef, onion and garlic powder, and a wedge of laughing cow cheese. It tastes like hamburger helper only better.
Acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
I ended my first DD 60 cals over...but it was because I had a WW ice cream bar! and I am A OK with that! I am not hungry, i don't feel deprived.....i feel good!

Today, I found BLUE CHEESE laughing cow at world market!!! Woohoo!! They also had the sonoma wedges I have seen people talk about...but they are 50 calories!
pibble mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
latte that key lime pie sounds sooo good thanks for the idea now if they would just make it wih somethiing other than aspartme it would be perfect!
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
soon-you could use a bit of unsweetened kool-aid powder plus your sweetener of choice...
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
Start Date: 3.26.12
In the refrigerated section of the grocery store a well known gelatin manufacturer (not sure I can name names) has two really fabulous options - key lime pie and lemon meringue pie - both with toppings. The lemon is 80 cals. I think the key lime is similar and both are to die for amazing. Portion controlled and portable cups. Just the thing to cap off an UD but could fit into a DD too if you plan. I had one last night for desert - YUM!! I don't find them in all stores but some carry them.
TryingJudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by soon View Post
latte that key lime pie sounds sooo good thanks for the idea now if they would just make it wih somethiing other than aspartme it would be perfect!
You could use some low sugar jam, Capella Drops, or a few squirts of SF DaVinci syrups.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #51
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Small Wendy's chili
Ditto
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alison
Stats: -169.5-/-157.5-/-98-
Start Date: 01/11/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
What are miracle noodles like? Are they fishy? I would like something like this but if they taste fishy I couldnt stomach them. Also what is the texture like?
I rinse mine in white vinegar to cut the smell and then rinse well with water. Works like a charm!
Alison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

I bought some "better than boullion" tonight, from a suggestion on the DD grocery thread. Plan on having that tomorrow. There's some raw broccoli and carrots at work, so I might bring my boullion and make a soup with 2 T of cheddar cheese and a T of cream (not heavy cream, 15 cals). Yum.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-12-2013 at 03:30 PM..
Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

I love making cold spring rolls!

For around 80 cals per roll - the bulk of the calories come from the wrap but you can stuff them!

1 rice paper spring roll wrap
a huge handful of chopped lettuce (add spinach, romaine, etc..)
a chopped green onion
2-3 baby carrots, chopped into matchsticks
a few mint leaves!
and for protein, you can add in a couple small shrimps, halved. (cook them first, lol!)
or 1-2 strips of Gardein "chickn" protein (the teriyaki kind with no sauce, thawed)
or 1-2 strips of actual chicken or turkey (the thickness of your pinky finger, and the length depends on how long you make the roll)

Just roll up and dip in some low cal/sodium soy sauce with grated or powdered ginger OR you can have an UD dip of a little chunky PB and some plum sauce with 2 T water and heated on low heat on the stove, top with chopped peanuts!

I've actually eaten a couple of these as a meal on a DD with a salad on the side. It's really filling and fresh & tasty. I bet they would be amazing in the summertime!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

My go to meal is usually shrimp cocktail, but I also love my 150 cal turkey burger cooked with Montreal Steak Seasoning and 0 cal Worcestershire sauce, with a side of grilled onions! I've been known to put it on a rice cake semi soaked with Worcestershire sauce, and some crispy lettuce such as iceberg.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, I've seen a picture I think. Alison, can you come to dinner at my house? And cook it?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon View Post
You can buy "pure lemon" made with splenda at any grocery store. It's in a box with individual packets...probably would be as good as lime.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I love making cold spring rolls!

For around 80 cals per roll - the bulk of the calories come from the wrap but you can stuff them!

1 rice paper spring roll wrap
a huge handful of chopped lettuce (add spinach, romaine, etc..)
a chopped green onion
2-3 baby carrots, chopped into matchsticks
a few mint leaves!
and for protein, you can add in a couple small shrimps, halved. (cook them first, lol!)
or 1-2 strips of Gardein "chickn" protein (the teriyaki kind with no sauce, thawed)
or 1-2 strips of actual chicken or turkey (the thickness of your pinky finger, and the length depends on how long you make the roll)

Just roll up and dip in some low cal/sodium soy sauce with grated or powdered ginger OR you can have an UD dip of a little chunky PB and some plum sauce with 2 T water and heated on low heat on the stove, top with chopped peanuts!

I've actually eaten a couple of these as a meal on a DD with a salad on the side. It's really filling and fresh & tasty. I bet they would be amazing in the summertime!
Alison spring rolls are my favorite thing ever! Maybe u could use PB2 for the dipping sauce
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes, I've seen a picture I think. Alison, can you come to dinner at my house? And cook it?
TOTALLY! I'm sure it's way warmer where you are than frigid upstate New York! brrr!

Oh and I just made low cal apple crisp! Posting the recipe in a sec!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Alison spring rolls are my favorite thing ever! Maybe u could use PB2 for the dipping sauce

That's a fantastic idea!! I would still want a couple chopped ones for texture but that is a perfect use for PB2 I think!