Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   PB2? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/796644-pb2.html)

Alison 02-07-2013 06:35 PM

PB2?

Has anyone tried PB2? I put it on my Amazon Wishlist, and they have the regular and chocolate types.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it and likes it.

Also, if you use it, what do you do with it? PBJ? Put it in a smoothie? Use it for a dip with apples?

-------------------------

For anyone wondering, PB2 is powdered peanutbutter with the oil and water extracted. You mix it with water (or anything really -- milk, non dairy alternatives, even jam) and it turns into, well, peanutbutter. The consistency depends on how much powder to liquid you mix up. It's about 45 cals per 2 tablespoons as opposed to regular peanutbutter which is 200 per 2 tablespoons.

Carly 02-07-2013 06:40 PM

I like it a lot! Plain and chocolate. I actually tend to have it on UDs now more often than DDs, but it is definitely DD friendly. I just have a tendency to want more than 2 T.

tofucheez 02-07-2013 06:49 PM

Love it!
There a quite a few peanut powders out there, and I think PB2 is the best. I found Byrd Mill to be either sharply burnt tasting (the dark roast) or flavorless (the light roast). Fitznut is pretty good, too, and they have a PB jelly flavor that is alright. But I still like PB2 the best. I just eat it off the spoon. But, like Carly, I find it hard to keep it to a small serving size. The powder is kind of light and fluffy, not dense, so it's very easy to burn through the jar.

Eieio 02-07-2013 06:50 PM

Thanks Alison, I've always wonder what pb2 was, meant.
I love the Natural creamy PB, no sugar, no added oils/fat.
To me its worth 100 cal, T.

TryingJudd 02-07-2013 06:56 PM

Love it! Both flavors. I use it all the time. Great on toasted light English muffins or for apples. Good in powder form in oriental stir frys. Once you have it you will find yourself reaching for it all the time. It's in many grocery stores now right next to the PB.

adillenal 02-07-2013 06:57 PM

Guess I am the only one that did not like it.

Carly 02-07-2013 07:14 PM

My favorite way to eat is break up 2 wasa light crackers into small pieces and scoop it up from a tiny Tupperware container. More fun on UD with 4 wasa light crackers and 4 T of pb2. If I don't have the chocolate flavor I add cocoa baking powder. I also use davinci sf syrups instead of the water sometimes. No bad flavor, but white chocolate, English toffe, toasted marshmallow and caramel are my favorites.

tofucheez 02-07-2013 07:21 PM

Oh yes, I forgot to add how excellent it is in making Thai food!

Carly 02-07-2013 07:24 PM

I love it on spicy ginger shirataki noodles and in the summer in smoothies. Too cold now, but summer will be here one day.

Hopefulsweigh 02-07-2013 07:32 PM

I make coconut crack with PB2. Chocolate and Regular.

I also put it in cream cheese muffins.:D

PB2 has become a staple in my pantry - can be used in many Thai dishes too.

I don't like using it as peanut butter, I like the real stuff :laugh:

b_lou_who 02-07-2013 07:34 PM

Love it in Thai sauces, and in yogurt

Hopefulsweigh 02-07-2013 07:39 PM

....and cottage cheese

KeirasMom 02-07-2013 08:09 PM

Chocolate or regular on a banana! :yummy:

jaymar 02-07-2013 08:32 PM

I've never tried it, but it sure sounds good...still not sure if I'm allergic to , peanuts....I noticed also that some here have shirataki noodles...I've never had them, are they a good texture..I was afraid they might be rubbery like that very expensive low carb bread...well, actually, it's a lot like eating a dish sponge.,.but I'd consider trying both the PB2 and shirataki noodles for a change..I was given a link to read about almond butter bread and I can't wait to try it...looks pretty good., and they said it was soft like real bread..I can always use some variety in my menus because I tend to eat the same old things, and get pretty tired of them...today I made one of the 3,2,1 cakes in a cup...it was ok..I put a few choc. chips and CO in it...am I adventerous, or what..:dunno:

Alison 02-07-2013 10:23 PM

These are all awesome ideas! Woo hoo! Looks like I'm going to slyly send an email to my husband with a link to my Amazon Wishlist (;

sorenkkg 02-08-2013 04:53 AM

I love that you mix it with water (or I guess oil, on an UD, if you want). It's so low calorie, something like 45 for 2T dry... waaaay less than regular PB.

Even just using it in the thai noodle recipe (here http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...l#post15111047 and note that it only uses 1T of the pb2, which is 1/2 a serving, so like 20cal-- also, get yourself some coconut davinci, or malibu flavor davinci-- worth it just for this recipe! ) I've used most of a huge bag of regular flavor, and I use the chocolate (which isn't that chocolatey, IMO) just eating it straight (well, mixed with water, then eat with spoon) or rehydrated then mixed with water, etc. Yum!

:) S.

Flossyliz 02-08-2013 04:53 AM

I love it but it's expensive here in UK because of shipping, so I have to be mean with it. :cry:

You can mix it with a bit of fat-free Greek yogurt on DDs to make it go further as a low cal spread or stuffing. :yummy:

dawnyama 02-08-2013 05:41 AM

I have the chocolate and just used it yesterday. It was great in my shake on my DD. I highly recommend the chocolate one!!! In fact I have to another container as mine is almost gone. I found mine in my local health food store.

TryingJudd 02-09-2013 09:41 AM

Carly mentioned this already but I often rehydrate it with SF caramel divinci syrup. So yum. I also find that if I am using it as peanut butter a shake of coarse ground sea salt improves it.

Kissa 02-12-2013 03:57 AM

Wow Flossy, I draw the line at ordering 'food' from the Sates. It is prohibitively expensive. Did you find it on a website selling US food over here? I would love to try it....:(

I am glad today is an UD as I feel Peanut Butter is about to enter into my menu.

Kismet311 02-12-2013 04:43 AM

I so want to try this!! While looking in the tea section at my local health food store (the tea thread got me going with tea LOL) I saw PB2 and wanted to try it. I told my hubby about it and he said he wouldn't mind trying it also. I think I will go there this weekend and pick it up. I will end up spending a fortune in that store but I only go in there maybe twice a year so why not?

soon 02-12-2013 05:06 AM

Carly love your idea for davinci syrups what flavors do you like with it?? I didnt know there was a chocolate one can someone tell me what is used io sweeten it? I use it with apples and celery plus I use it on my ecekiel toast, I dont often make minite muffin but use it in that as well

Dottie 02-12-2013 05:24 AM

Kissa: Netrition carries it;)

I like it in my PB cup hot cocoa:
PB cup hot cocoa:
1 cup +2T vanilla unsweetened almond breeze*
1tsp (heaping) dark cocoa powder
1/2tsp PB2 (optional)
2-3T torani peanut butter s/f syrup
Small pinch of salt

Mix the 2T almond milk with the cocoa powder, salt and PB2(if using) until smooth.
Place the syrup and remaining almond milk in a cup and microwave until very hot. Stir the cocoa/almond milk mixture into the hot almond milk until dissolved.
Add more syrup if you like.
*if you have plain, add 2 drops vanilla extract to it. It needs the vanilla to make the cocoa taste more like chocolate than cocoa.

Kissa 02-12-2013 06:23 AM

Dottie I would love to by it from Netrition, they are such great supporters of LCF. But I won't pay all the charges to the UK. :(

Dottie 02-12-2013 06:24 AM

Yes I can imagine it's cost prohibitive on shipping!
Someone was mentioning peanut flour in another thread, maybe you can find that locally?

Kissa 02-12-2013 06:25 AM

I'll have a look, but I doubt it. :(

vanilla_latte 02-12-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryingJudd (Post 16249591)
Carly mentioned this already but I often rehydrate it with SF caramel divinci syrup.

Yummers, never thought of doing this!

We have a local grocery store that I can get mine at. I use them in Coconut Bark or shakes.