Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Better food choices! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/796610-better-food-choices.html)

crazynanc 02-07-2013 09:12 AM

Better food choices!

So yesterday I had class and so I don't get to eat dinner until around 8. It was an UD and of course I was ravenous. I went to the bar where my boyfriend hangs out until I'm done with class and got a burger with fries.

I ate maybe half of the burger and like two fries and then couldn't eat anymore! I ordered a side ceaser salad to eat instead! After starting JUDDD it's like my tastebudes/stomach like healthier food!

Probably because I was more conscious about cooking because it's easier to keep track of calories so when I eat out it seems so much more bland and greasier!

So for those of you starting out, the first few weeks, you might go crazy on your UDs but eventually you'll start to actually want healthier food (like I usually eat on DDs) on your UDs!

Kissa 02-07-2013 09:14 AM

Great to read this, I think it is true for most of us. Thanks for posting it, a great reminder.

pugluv9802 02-07-2013 10:31 AM

I really hope that's the case for me. Yesterday was my first UD, and I had a small veg pizza for breakfast! I never do that, but I thought what the heck, and it got worse throughout the day. Tomorrow, I'm not going crazy. I have started planning my day already. I perfer healtier things, but I don't know what got into me.:stars:

Kissa 02-07-2013 12:08 PM

Don't worry Lynn, it is very common in the beginning and although we should aim for a healthy diet, JUDDD really is about the calories and will be forgiving.

b_lou_who 02-07-2013 12:41 PM

it is excellent how our bodies start wanting better food! but the choices are still yours and you stay so aware. keep pursuing your health!

Kissa 02-07-2013 12:45 PM

Exactly.

adillenal 02-07-2013 02:10 PM

I still want junk. And I was raised eating healthy foods.

Becky 02-08-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16246311)

^^ Yup! My mom was a health food nut, no junk was allowed in the house, no soda, no candy...nothing! But it was normal for us and we did get tiny fixes of junk at grandma's house. We were all super healthy and thin until we all got married and ballooned up due to our newfound food "choices". I still like a little junk but not as much as pre JUDDD.

adillenal 02-08-2013 05:10 AM

Yep. Raised on garden veggies and grassfed beef. Had a carbonated beverage once a week maybe. I am trying to get back to that on the food but it is hard to break the junk food habit.
By junk food I mean cookies, diet cokes, and chips. Those are my downfall. Especially cookies. And being allergic to wheat I really need to avoid the cookies which I can do for long periods and then I fall off the no wheat wagon and sabotage myself.

giggles4me 02-08-2013 06:58 AM

I am doing much better today. After having 3 donuts yesterday. I did correct myself the rest of the day and had some cooked chicken. I was even down a pound this morning.
So for breakfast this morning I did an apple with peanut butter. But guess what just got brought in McDonald's sausage biscuits. I will resist!

Cindy-lou 02-08-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 16247128)
^^ Yup! My mom was a health food nut, no junk was allowed in the house, no soda, no candy...nothing! But it was normal for us and we did get tiny fixes of junk at grandma's house. We were all super healthy and thin until we all got married and ballooned up due to our newfound food "choices". I still like a little junk but not as much as pre JUDDD.

I was the same way...once I was out on my own with my husband it was like Alice in Wonderland but with food!!:hyst:

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16246311)

I was the kid that had an apple or a fruit cup in my lunch box while all the other kids had chips and cookies and so on....
They are all skinny and I am ...not so much :hyst:

Carly 02-08-2013 06:00 PM

I got a 100 calorie peach yogurt and 1 fig newton. DW thinks that is so depressing. My mother had some issues...

Librarygirl 02-09-2013 05:28 AM

I was raised eating healthy foods too, and it's what I always aimed for when trying to cut calories, etc. Since JUDDDing I've been coveting cupcakes, candy bars, fried foods and everything I've always thought was a no-no on a diet. It's just too awesome! :D I am starting to move toward more nutritious choices, but I have two packages of valentine peeps on the kitchen counter I bought yesterday...hmmm, time for a couple! ;) Might be a NSV that I can now buy treats for "tomorrow" and not not eat them on a DD. :)

deedee 02-09-2013 07:57 AM

Maybe I haven't been JUDDDing quite long enough but my body still craves all sorts of junk! I have noticed I can leave the plate with some food on it though, which is huge for me.

I was raised on a steady diet of Fruity Pebbles, no real shock that I ended up overweight as an adult. Only wish I had found JUDDD five years ago.

Kismet311 02-09-2013 08:02 AM

I also like healthy foods! I went to a party on Thursday night and they had red velvet cake! It was so good but I only ate half my slice. I kept thinking about the 5 layered hummus dip and homemade pita chips i was going to have for dinner that night. I was glad i didn't fill up on cake.

adillenal 02-09-2013 09:32 AM

No don't get me wrong. I stilll like healthy foods but at least one UD a week I go hog wild with "junk". Cookies or carrot cake or chips or chocolate chips out of the freezer. :)
But I am using plain yogurt more and more for those times I would REALLY like a cookie so it is slow going but I may get there eventually and JUST eat healthy foods. MAybe it is related to how long a person did strict LC in their past. Or maybe I have no will power.:dunno: