Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Thursday - What cha eatin'? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/796591-dd-thursday-what-cha-eatin.html)

adillenal 02-07-2013 05:12 AM

DD Thursday - What cha eatin'?

DD
B - oat bran, coffee with HWC
L - potato
D - potato soup

pugluv9802 02-07-2013 05:48 AM

Coffee with coffee mate
b- Atkins van shake
l- Atkins choc shake
d- hopefully nothing, but if I need too, another Atkins shake

LadyKT 02-07-2013 05:54 AM

Im home sick with a stomach bug so lots of flat diet soda and water today :stars:

sorenkkg 02-07-2013 08:29 AM

Oh no Katie! :( I had that last week... I found pretzels helpful (mostly b/c I couldnt get soda crackers... was away on a business trip). Hope you can flush it out of your system soon-- I had a good 3 days of feeling icky (1 was violent sick, 2 were managed sick where I could work but couldn't really eat, and then a day of recovery at home once I got back).

Me, today:
B: black tea (combo of 3 "chocolate" flavors I'm mixing together)
L: 10oz cucumber
water etc
D: probably 1 serving (50cal) of coleslaw soup, and 2 servings of FF greek yogurt with jam and honey

around 336cal if all goes as planned.

S.

b_lou_who 02-07-2013 08:35 AM

yogurt with hemp protein and a splash of carrot juice

half cup lentils with cider vinegar

broth with an egg and some baby kale

LadyKT 02-07-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16245304)
Oh no Katie! :( I had that last week... I found pretzels helpful (mostly b/c I couldnt get soda crackers... was away on a business trip). Hope you can flush it out of your system soon-- I had a good 3 days of feeling icky (1 was violent sick, 2 were managed sick where I could work but couldn't really eat, and then a day of recovery at home once I got back).

Me, today:
B: black tea (combo of 3 "chocolate" flavors I'm mixing together)
L: 10oz cucumber
water etc
D: probably 1 serving (50cal) of coleslaw soup, and 2 servings of FF greek yogurt with jam and honey

around 336cal if all goes as planned.

S.

Thanks Soren. I think I'm going to have some soup later and see what happens. I'm wondering if I ate something yesterday that just didn't agree with me.

So -

L - Soup - 260 cals.

TryingJudd 02-07-2013 09:40 AM

Feel better Katie!

B - HB egg
L - bouillon and tea
D- broccoli slaw with asian dressing and a few ounces of shredded chicken

I might add a jello lemon meringue pie dessert (80 cals) depending on how much chicken I use. Shooting for <400 calories for the day.

giggles4me 02-07-2013 09:44 AM

OH NO... not having a good DD at all. I was doing so well getting back on the wagon and today I ate (3) yes 3 donuts.. I feel so bad right now.. that darn break table sits right next to me and yep someone brought in donuts. Now what do I do for the rest of the day?? Water only.....

zipp2play 02-07-2013 09:44 AM

cottage cheese
salad with chicken
veggies and protein (probably stirfry veggies with more chicken)

zipp2play 02-07-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giggles4me (Post 16245504)
OH NO... not having a good DD at all. I was doing so well getting back on the wagon and today I ate (3) yes 3 donuts.. I feel so bad right now.. that darn break table sits right next to me and yep someone brought in donuts. Now what do I do for the rest of the day?? Water only.....

I have bloodsugar issues, so my suggestion is some lean protein. If you let that carb/sugar sit, it could cause tummy issues and bloodsugar. then move on girl. It's all good!

giggles4me 02-07-2013 09:48 AM

I did bring some cooked chicken in a container for lunch today. So you think I can eat that and it won't hurt me to much?

BaileysGirl 02-07-2013 10:24 AM

Hello!

B - sweet n spicy tea, sf mocha capp 30c
L - healthy choice meal 270c
D - wendys chili 210c

Trying to do 500 or less but don't have my soup today so not happening.

Kissa 02-07-2013 10:53 AM

Be well Katie.

It seems to be donut week around here!

I have had

B soya flat white
L LF cottage cheese with chives.
D tuna salad or soup...

sorenkkg 02-07-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giggles4me (Post 16245524)
I did bring some cooked chicken in a container for lunch today. So you think I can eat that and it won't hurt me to much?

I agree with Monica. Parse that chicken out over maybe 2 servings (now, and dinner) and have lots of water/tea/liquids.

If you get hungry later, maybe some SF jello, some broth, like that...

It won't be your best DD ever in the history of the world, but you won't really have a huuuuuge setback either. Live and learn :)

You might want to think of coping strategies for the sitting near the break table though... ;) like, not sitting near it, or imagining everything there as something someone sneezed on :sick:

or, if you want something, grab it, and put it away for TOMORROW... b/c there is always tomorrow on JUDDD.

giggles4me 02-07-2013 12:30 PM

Great ideas, since I can't move me or the table. I can imagine that there is something wrong with them or that they belong to someone. I would never take someone else's food.
I did eat a small amount of chicken and have drank extra water today. might have to make my one mile walk a two mile walk tonight.

tekla 02-07-2013 12:44 PM

Hey all,

Gotta hate the breakroom in general. There was always somebody bringing something in. I can't imagine sitting next to the goodie stash. I like the idea of thinking of it as belonging to somebody else.

B~ Tea
L~ Smoothie (80)
D~ Probably a shake (100)

Easy 180 calorie day.

Kissa 02-07-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16245695)
Be well Katie.

It seems to be donut week around here!

I have had

B soya flat white
L LF cottage cheese with chives.
D tuna salad or soup...

Turned into shrimp with spinach. :yummy:

Under 300 today.

Eieio 02-07-2013 01:50 PM

Coffee
2 pm cube broth, not bad flavor
D. Roast chicken, salad.
I'm aiming low as I can
S. broth if needed.

jdforshort 02-07-2013 02:22 PM

B-Black Coffee no sugar
L-Lettuce with fat free dressing (45)
S- Tea with milk (40)
D-Steel cut oats & oat Bran (270)
S- Tea with milk + 1 Carr's Ginger lemon cream cookie (my treat for the day) (100)
Total <500

P.S. Did someone mention a donut day! I had a cookie day yesterday!

sorenkkg 02-07-2013 06:04 PM

I tried a potato day today:

B: tea
L: about 3oz cuke
D: about 16oz baked potato. Warm, with a bit of sf ketchup and hot sauce.
433 cal total.

Luv2Eat 02-08-2013 01:59 PM

B: Coffee (23)
L: Egg White (17)
S: 2 Scandinavian Bran Crisp with WF Pnut spread and Marshmallow dip (24)

for later:
S: Mango flavored gummies (20)
D: Bone Broth (35) Lettuce with WF cal free dressing (45)