Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maddiemod
Stats: 154/137/110 5'2"
WOE: JUDDD/BEAD
Start Date: July 2012
Goal/Success Stories

Just reading about all the impressive accomplishments of everyone lately, I was thinking that it would be very inspiring for newbies (and everyone else) to have a thread with everyone's journey-to-goal success stories on it. I love reading about everyone's success and find it so helpful, and I think it would be great to have them all in one thread. There are so many variations too regarding the amount of time it takes to reach goal, the number of tries, the type of eating, the age & height, etc. and for me it is so motivating to see that this WOE can be successful even if you are petite (me), not 20 (me), inconsistent (me also)...

In addition, when people meet their goal and are maintaining they often don't need or have time to spend as much time on the boards sharing and answering questions, but that way their success would be accessible in one place without reading the whole JUDDD thread!

Thanks!!
maddiemod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
I am a 42 yr old 5'3.5" tall female.

I started Low Carb at the begining of 2012 at 162lbs. I lost 13lbs on low carb and then decided to switch to Juddd.

I started JUDDD 3/14/2012. I lost 6.5 lbs in 1 month. Then I quit due to remodeling my kitchen myself. I gained back 4lbs. I actually gained more than that but then lost some of it due to a medication which I went off just before starting back on JUDDD.

I re-started JUDDD 12/13/2012 and lost 9lbs putting me past the goal of 140lbs I'd set. I'm now 137. I'm doing 5:2 now for maintanence.

So since I stopped and started it took me 1yr & 1month to loose 25 lbs. I couldn't be happier with that really. Sure it would have been great to not stop and loose it faster and keep it off but that is rarely real life.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm 40 years old, 5'9", and hypothyroid. I was not diagnosed hypo until several months into my loss, so I believe JUDDD will work for most people, even those of us with metabolic issues.

I was always thin, even too thin in my late teens (106 pounds at my lowest and that's gaunt and bony on my frame). In 1990, I was in size 4 which would probably be like a 0 now. I started gaining weight in my early 20s and struggled with it, but kept it somewhat controlled until I had my daughter at 32. I gained nearly 100 pounds with her and hit an all-time high of 299.

I did Atkins off and on over the years, as well as Nutri-System, calorie counting, etc. You name it, I've probably tried it. I would usually lose about 30 pounds, then hit a wall. Either the weight would stop coming off, or I'd rebel against all the restrictions and go off-plan. I always gained it all back and sometimes more. Familiar story?

In October, 2011, I was 39 years old, 277.6 pounds, and sick of myself. I hated how I looked and didn't want my daughter to be embarrassed by her obese mother (sadly, I was always embarrassed by MY obese mother). I started Atkins again, for the umpteenth time. I lost well for a month, then wasn't losing much anymore. I was tired of the restrictions of low carb with little return on my hard work. I kept seeing "JUDDD" in people's stats here on LCF and decided to check it out. I read and read and read, and I was still scared and skeptical. I even posted a thread asking if anyone had lost a significant amount of weight on JUDDD, because I saw mainly people who had just a few pounds to lose, or those who were already maintaining.

Leo41 and SoHappy (Pat) responded with their amazing stories and I thought, "What have I got to lose?" I jumped in with both feet. I took a weekend off between Atkins and JUDDD. It was my daughter's birthday party weekend (her birthday's actually 12/22, but we always celebrate a couple of weeks early so she gets a separation between her birthday and Christmas). So anyway, I ate pizza and cupcakes and whatever else I wanted that weekend. I gained almost 3 pounds with the carbs, but I recorded it and took that as my JUDDD start-weight. I was 267.8 pounds on 12/12/11.

I followed my JUDDD rotations pretty religiously, using only a couple of MDs over the course of a year to change my rotations. I followed the calculated calories from Dr. Johnson's website, staying below my DD calories and eating right up to my UD calories every day. I recalculated when I started to slow down, at roughly 25 pounds lost each time, then followed the new calorie calculations to a tee.

I hoped and prayed I would be in Onederland by my 40th birthday, September 21, 2012. I actually got there on 8/6/12, more than a month ahead of schedule. I chose 175 as my goal weight and got there Thanksgiving week, 2012. I lowered my goal to 160 since I still had a bit of pudge to get rid of.

On 1/23/13, I decided, at 165, I am happy with my body and feel good in my clothes. I called GOAL! I choose to maintain now with 5:2, which is simply JUDDD with only 2 DDs a week. I'm still trying to figure out my calories to maintain, and actually weighed in this morning at 161.4 pounds. I will be perfectly happy to maintain between 160-165, but wouldn't be upset if I managed to still lose a few more pounds. The point is, I am not nearly as obsessed with the numbers on the scale anymore. I'm happy, and healthy, and I don't embarrass my child (well, at least not with my weight! What kind of mother would I be if I didn't embarrass her one way or another?!).

I did NOT exercise during most of my weight loss. I fought a couple of big illnesses during that time and am still dealing with them. I am now doing Zumba classes and some minor weight training to try to tone up some of this loose skin and flab.

JUDDD saved my life, my sanity, and my self-esteem.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Dawn, you insire everyone, thanks for sharing.
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
OMG, Dawn..I think so many of us can relate to what you went thru in the past..I did a lot of the same things...especially hated nutrisystem because after a while the food got unpalletable..to read how you became determined and how you coped is very inspiring..and what you're really saying is that you refused to give up..that's awesome..I know from reading that you have had a lot to deal with concerning your health issues, so that probably made it harder to do, yet , made you realize you needed to do it for your health..a lot of people are in that same situation..I have to deal with quite a bit of physical pain mainly because of inflammation..spine..joints..etc..I have seen improvement in the pain and that gives me hope to stay with Juddd..it's the only thing that may improve things for me..I hope you never get tired of telling your story, because it is so important for a lot of us to hear.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Great thread!

I'm 34 and 5'6. The trend of the women in my family is to start out thin, have babies, start gaining weight in their 30's, be obese by 40, and by their 50's the health problems start pouring in. Cancers, diabetes, heart and bone issues etc etc. After having my three kids, all 22 months a part from the next one-now ages 4, 6 and 8, the weight started creeping on. Over the past couple of years i had gained a whopping 30lbs! Last september i bought my first pair of size 14 jeans. As i was buying them i remember wondering how long it would be before i would need sz 16. I had already accepted that i was going to keep gaining. Then, a few days later i went into the er with my gall bladder being wacky. Blood drawn there raised a red flag with my blood sugar number, which was really high. T2 diabetes run on both sides of my family and one of my grandfathers died from it. I spent hours researching it, and it terrified me. Thankfully my glucose test came back negative, but that was the kick in the bum i needed to change things.

I did some research and decided lc was the way to go. After a few weeks i had lost 10lbs, but then gained 3 right back. I was also starting to resent the food restrictions. I realized that i would never be able to do lc long term. That led to more research and to juddd since october 14 i've lost a total of 30lbs, 23 of them on juddd. I'm now 5.5lbs away from my goal weight of 135lbs. I'm also transitioning to 5:2 for maintanance. With all the research coming out about the health benefits of IF, i'll always do some sort of fasting plan
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
These stories are seriously making me tear up!! I'm at wrok and had to get a tissue so no one will see. Your stories are amazing.

I am very new to JUDDD-started in 1/11/13, not quite a month yet. But I have lost 10 pounds! I can't believe that because for the most part it has been very easy, and even indulgent at times!! I know though, that I am to be a success story with JUDDD.

My story...I was slender growing up. 5'6(almost) and 115 lbs up until my early 20's. I had my first child at 21-almost 22. With the pregnancy, I ended up gaining 25 pounds overall. I lost that within a month after giving birth. I had my second child at 24-almost 25. I weighed 154 when I gave birth. Again I lost very easily.

In my late 20s, and at age 30, I gained a little and went up to 158. So I started dieting, it took me 3 months and I lost down to 128-which was a really good weight, and maybe too thin I think.
When I was 32, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. In December of 2002, I had my thyroid surgically removed. And I am very happy to say that the cancer is gone. But without a thyroid, my body, mind, and psyche went berzerk. It was a tough 2 1/2 years. I did not feel like myself, ad I could not get my thyroid numbers under control. My TSH was 125(which is extremely high). I gained 60 pounds in 8 months. I was almost 200 pounds. That was about 10 years ago, and once I got my meds under control in early 2005, I tried everything to lose weight. I ate 1100 calories a day and exercised religiously 4 times a week, and I gained more weight. It wasn't until 2008 that I stopped gaining, and lost slightly, but it was a roller coaster. In December of 2012, we had a health screening at work and I was 192 pounds. I went on Atkins that day. I lost 10 pounds in almost a month, and I joined this website. But I kept being curious about JUDDD. So on Jan 11th I came over here and joined. I started on a DD that day. The JUDDD BUDDs are what did it for me-their welcoming and their attitude. I knew this was a fit for me. I won't look back.
I am now 170 pounds and so happy that I found this WOL.
I hope it's ok that I posted my story here being I've only lost 10, but I feel very successful and I know JUDDD will be my success in the long run. And I can't portray on here how happy I really am about this.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi. I'm Carly. I'm a 36 yr old female who is 5'2" and at goal (for now) at 126 wearing a size 4P. As a teenager I was anorexic and developed bulimia on top of that. I went through a great deal of emotional struggle and pain until I turned 21. At this point I weighed 92lbs. I started to get things together in August of my 21st year, but that September I developed sleepwalk/eating. I went from 92lbs to 230lbs in less than 18 mos of eating while sleepwalking. It was baffling and terrifying. I was diagnoses at type II diebetic at age 23 or 24. I went on Atkins and in 18 mos I was back down to 112lbs and my diabetes was in remission. In 2006 the carbs crept back in and I moved in with DW. During 2004-2006 I lived alone and NO food what so ever was kept at home. I ate everything at the hospital where I worked very long hours. In 2006 I started living in a home where there was food to eat ALL night!!!!! I gave up low carb, due to all that I was eating in my sleep and on my weddding day in 2008 I weighed 165. This kept climbing. I had spine surgery in 2009 and due to the stress of the surgery I required insulin for my out of control blood sugar. I was about 210lb at that time. The physical therapy was rigerous and I got into the high 190's, but my diabetes was out of control. First pills then Byeatta injections 2x per day. The sleepwalk eating went on and on and on. I was miserable. All my natually small meals during the day meant nothing if I kept eating in my sleep. On 2/21/12 I hit a real bottom. I was disgusted and ashamed. I started a very low carb/low cal diet. This was miserable, but got the first 10 pounds off. DW also agreed that the house could be emptied of food and we could get what we needed each day or so. I joined LCF and soon found JUDDD. I started JUDDDing on 3/28/12 at 189lb. I never looked back. We did not keep any food in the house until October when hurricaine Sandy hit NY. Since late October we have had some food in the panties and the sleepwalk/eating monster still haunts me, but much less (I think and so says DW). I kept DDs under 200 calories and lower when possible to allow for sleep eating. I never had to count UDs since I never had an issue with over eating (while awake). I no longer take any meds for my blood sugar which is usually within the normal range. I slid into my 4Ps this week and called goal. I thought I wanted the number on the scale to be sommething lower, but I fit in the 3 boxes of clothing I already own, so for now I will just love wearing these things and perhaps JUDDD will still help re-shape some of this loose, flabby skin. I plan in the next few weeks to transition to fixed DDs on M, W, F. I won't mind if I lose a bit more, but I'm not trying at this point. If I keep losing with 3 DDs a week I will do T&TH one week and the next week M,W,F. I will continue to ask G-d to help me not sleepwalk eat each night.

I would not be where I am without the love and support of my DW and all my dear juddd buds!!!!!!

Carly
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Wow, these are some amazing stories! JUDDD has delivered many from health crisis Thank you for sharing your journeys with us

My story is pretty tame:

Anorexia in high school, but still 'chubby' despite the sever calorie restrictions. Might have been from all the exercise from drill team. Strange diets in early 20's - vegetarian, vegan, raw food, etc. My brother commented one time, "why are vegetarians often chubby?" Thanks, little brother

Then I got married to a meat and potatos guy and he wanted me to eat meat during gestation of our first child and I agreed. This was my transition to to twenty years of SAD (Standard American Diet). I had so much fun with the children, prepared many meals from scratch, we had cereal and trips to the corner store for candy. Lots of fun eating resulted in a fifteen pound weight gain (on top of ten from three babies), but I really didn't care too much, was busy with the children and having lots of fun.

Two of my children have flown the nest, the last is at home but takes care of himself mostly, with school and work. Last year, I decided to try to lose some weight - lost 5 on Low Carb, then stalled for a month or so. Joined this board and found JUDDD - I have not looked back!! Have lost another 15 pounds, for a total of 20 - this puts me back to my high school weight!

I'm one of those who is sensitive to carbs, so when I increased my carbs, the weight loss with JUDDD slowed/halted. I believe this may be from my Candida infection, which some people believe can halt weight loss. Adding carbs to my diet seems to stop the weight loss, so I will probably have to limit carbs to remain healthy. I've been plagued with terrible yeast infections that have sent me to the doctor many times over my life, and it manifests as skin infections also, which will clear up with low carb. Yes, nystatin helps, but doesn't cure for me. So far, low carb and JUDDD have brought a renewed lease on life!!

I wish I could help the women in my family who are overweight - physically, I've inherited from my mother's side - all the women on my mother's side are a particular pear shape and overweight. Compared to the lifestyle that they lead, my restrictions are pretty severe and I don't think they are into it, if you know what I mean. My husband said it's kinda like religion, you have to have the 'personal desire from within' - it's not something that you can give to your loved ones. It makes me kinda sad, but when they ask, I do share my story freely with them - I hope to serve as a living example and plant some seeds of hope.

ETA: I want to thank everyone involved in running this board, from the concept, moderators and each JUDDD BUDDD that takes time out of a busy life to offer compassion and encoragement. This is a very special place and I'm grateful to have found all you guys Like Carly, I also could not have been faithful to this journey without all the warm support found here

Last edited by Luv2Eat; 02-08-2013 at 08:20 AM..
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiemod View Post
Just reading about all the impressive accomplishments of everyone lately, I was thinking that it would be very inspiring for newbies (and everyone else) to have a thread with everyone's journey-to-goal success stories on it. I love reading about everyone's success and find it so helpful, and I think it would be great to have them all in one thread. There are so many variations too regarding the amount of time it takes to reach goal, the number of tries, the type of eating, the age & height, etc. and for me it is so motivating to see that this WOE can be successful even if you are petite (me), not 20 (me), inconsistent (me also)...

In addition, when people meet their goal and are maintaining they often don't need or have time to spend as much time on the boards sharing and answering questions, but that way their success would be accessible in one place without reading the whole JUDDD thread!

Thanks!!
Great thread, Maddie! I wanted to comment on this - I'm so small that I felt uncomfortable putting my stats up. Seriously, when I go to the elementary school - I'm the height of the average third grade child - all 4'6" of me. I've struggled with weight all my life and I thought I was just destined to be 'chubby' until I die. Calorie restriction nor exercising worked for me. On top of that, due to illness five years ago (breast cancer), all my lady hormones were removed from me by my oncologist, so I've been post menopausal since.

Yet, despite all this, I've managed to see the scale track down with the calorie rotation of JUDDD - for the first time in my life ever! I weigh less than I ever have, maybe since Jr. High before menses started. Below high school weight, really, but then I was exercising 4 hours per day and the muscles weigh more, so I consider it to be a wash.

Yes, it is possible for 'small people' to lose weight on this plan!

My current calories: DD 200, UD 1200 Sometimes I go over on UD and under on DD, but the weight loss has so far been maintained.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Thank you Everyone. I need to stop reading this at work, lol. I've got tears streaming down my face. Love you all for the support, the friendship and the motivation. This has changed my life.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

LG
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Great thread, Maddie! I wanted to comment on this - I'm so small that I felt uncomfortable putting my stats up. Seriously, when I go to the elementary school - I'm the height of the average third grade child - all 4'6" of me. I've struggled with weight all my life and I thought I was just destined to be 'chubby' until I die. Calorie restriction nor exercising worked for me. On top of that, due to illness five years ago (breast cancer), all my lady hormones were removed from me by my oncologist, so I've been post menopausal since.

Yet, despite all this, I've managed to see the scale track down with the calorie rotation of JUDDD - for the first time in my life ever! I weigh less than I ever have, maybe since Jr. High before menses started. Below high school weight, really, but then I was exercising 4 hours per day and the muscles weigh more, so I consider it to be a wash.

Yes, it is possible for 'small people' to lose weight on this plan!

My current calories: DD 200, UD 1200 Sometimes I go over on UD and under on DD, but the weight loss has so far been maintained.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironicwoman
Stats: 205/185/160
WOE: JUDDD ~ It's working! It's working!
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 2/02/12 ReStarted JUDDD: 3/25/14
I LOVE this thread!! Great motivation for those of us that are struggling. Thank you.
ironicwoman is offline   Reply With Quote