Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Aussie, you will be OK, have a good DD today. Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Today is a new day.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiegirl! View Post
That's a great idea - I do keep a food diary but I always write down what I ate after instead of before. I think this will help a lot. It's Saturday morning in Oz cause we're a day ahead which means I'm now on my second DD must say i'm so glad to have this DD and I know by tomorrow the guilt and full feeling will at least be gone and I can have a planned UD tomorrow and choose just 1 or 2 things I enjoy and fit them into my UP cals rather than trying to have a bit of everything that I couldn't have when low carbing.

Weirdest thing ever my hubby just told me he's watching a show I might be interested in watching and my response was "ha ha better not be the UFC" which he loves and i hate and he goes no its a show on Horizon on fat, fasting and hormones - so I told him that's exactly what I'm reading about at the moment - how weird!!!

I wasnt going to tell him about what I'm doing for a while because he loves our low carb bond but I can tell he's over low carbing anyway and he breaks it every second day too so now I will be able to discuss this with him, would be a fun thing to do together

P.s if you ever want to know what's going to happen tomorrow just ask me cause I'm already there ha ha or anything about Australia for that matter. Three of my best friends are from the States but live in Sydney Australia and I love chatting with them about the similarities and differences between Australia and the US like the fact fanny means bum in the states and vijay jay in Oz!

Thanks for replying
Well, you learn something new every day- that could get confusing in the wrong type of situation
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
That's a great idea - I do keep a food diary but I always write down what I ate after instead of before. I think this will help a lot. It's Saturday morning in Oz cause we're a day ahead which means I'm now on my second DD must say i'm so glad to have this DD and I know by tomorrow the guilt and full feeling will at least be gone and I can have a planned UD tomorrow and choose just 1 or 2 things I enjoy and fit them into my UP cals rather than trying to have a bit of everything that I couldn't have when low carbing.

Weirdest thing ever my hubby just told me he's watching a show I might be interested in watching and my response was "ha ha better not be the UFC" which he loves and i hate and he goes no its a show on Horizon on fat, fasting and hormones - so I told him that's exactly what I'm reading about at the moment - how weird!!!

I wasnt going to tell him about what I'm doing for a while because he loves our low carb bond but I can tell he's over low carbing anyway and he breaks it every second day too so now I will be able to discuss this with him, would be a fun thing to do together

P.s if you ever want to know what's going to happen tomorrow just ask me cause I'm already there ha ha or anything about Australia for that matter. Three of my best friends are from the States but live in Sydney Australia and I love chatting with them about the similarities and differences between Australia and the US like the fact fanny means bum in the states and vijay jay in Oz!

Thanks for replying
That will come in handy the next time there's an "end of the world" prediction.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks yeah I'm a natural blonde but I dye my hair brown sometimes when I get bored. Avi is when I was quite a bit thinner but still quite overweight. My first goal is to get back to this weight 170lbs where I liked my face but not body and then to get to 135 where I like both. My face changed dramatically once I went over 185/190lbs....

Anyway I have a big question for anyone that happens to read this. I'm feeling awful today because I went crazy on my first up day - I haven't counted yet because the number will scare me. Is this common on a first up day????????

Im pretty confident it won't happen again especially because of how it made me feel but it has scared me.

Any advice and should I do two DD's to make up for it?

I know that would at least get my cals to where it should have been for the 4 days in total?

Any advice welcome
Exactly the same experience here! I still looked good in the face at 160-170 lbs, but felt very overweight in my body. At 180+ my face started to look like a different person. I was unrecognizable. I am so looking forward to getting back to "ME". Sounds like we're long lost twins!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aussiegirl!
Stats: My Goal Is = 135
WOE: Researching HCG
Start Date: Soon!!!
Ha ha will be sure to give you all the heads up next time the world doesn't end when it was supposed to

Library girl it's very comforting to know there are others out there with similar experiences hey, you're so close to your happy face weight again though, how exciting!

I'm 1/2 way through my 2nd DD today and have zero appetite so that's making today quite easy. Probably because I ate enough rice crackers and drank enough skinny girl margaritas for a small town last night .... I have soooo learnt my lesson though, UD's are to be respected, cherished and enjoyed not abused!

So excited to meet so many cool people on this board!!!
Aussiegirl! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Omg, that is me! When I got over 190ish, I'm sorry, but I just looked uggg. When I got down 181, 182, I was me again. And that made me feel so much bbetter, just those 10 pounds or so. How weird!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm short. I didn't start to look like me until low 150's and at that I still look bloated, like I might pop! I look like me now, but sometimes I catch a quick glance in the mirror and I look old- well older than I'd like.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Well, there are 3 mes actually...the big uggg me(190 and above), the me I am now(170) and the thin me,which is also a totally different face too, but I haven't seen that me in over 10 years, so I have no idea what the thin me will look like anymore.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:

.... like the fact fanny means bum in the states and vijay jay in Oz!
I did *not* see this post earlier and OMG I wish I'd known this before I went to Sydney for work last July!

I don't think I said "fanny" since it doesn't come up much during software implementation methodology training but lord knows what I'd yammer on about at dinner or the pub after work!

If you happen across more of these, be sure to let me know ASAP!!!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Anyway I have a big question for anyone that happens to read this. I'm feeling awful today because I went crazy on my first up day - I haven't counted yet because the number will scare me. Is this common on a first up day????????
Well... my personal experience was that I did not go crazy on my first day of JUDDD because I started with a DD so all the stuff I gorged myself on the day before starting JUDDD did not count. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Honestly though, flush the guilt because as I'm sure you've heard, there is always tomorrow on JUDDD. If you have the chance, read all of Steph Dray's old posts - she chronicles her JUDDD journey week by week. Soren put them all together in a post, I'll try to find it and link it in this thread for you. It was so enlightening to read, and since Steph is an author IRL it's really well written too. She talks about the blown DDs, the UUADs and how you get to start fresh again in the morning, and the successful DDs give you the tools to compensate for any oops-es you may have.

I've tried a lot of WOEs and this is, by far, the easiest, most guilt free, most likely to be sustained long term that I've ever done. Of course we're each of us individual but I think you'll like it here in JUDDD-land. And, there are some pretty awesome people here on these boards.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much Yennie I'll be sure to google her posts. I'll be totally honest I struggled today with day 2 DD but it has made me realize I need to do JUDD low carb at least until I'm in control of my appetite. I am determined though to give this a genuine go!

Soren that's hilarious and I promise to inform you of any other major differences I can think of

One fact that might shock Americans is that no one calls shrimp, shrimp here (ever) we call it prawns and the majority of Aussies have only seen a kangaroo at a zoo .....

Thanks again for the replies it's helping me a lot when embarking on something completely new

Last edited by Aussiegirl!; 02-09-2013 at 04:47 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Ps where did you stay in Sydney?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I did *not* see this post earlier and OMG I wish I'd known this before I went to Sydney for work last July!

I don't think I said "fanny" since it doesn't come up much during software implementation methodology training but lord knows what I'd yammer on about at dinner or the pub after work!

If you happen across more of these, be sure to let me know ASAP!!!
S.
Fanny means the same in England. I didn't understand the slang when my Brit friends were using it, lol. I was like you called someone a fanny?! How silly, lol.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Could get very awkward If someone from the states started telling an Aussie they had a great fanny or their fanny looked great in those jeans ha ha

On a more serious note just wanted to let you know Carly you and your wife are in my prayers ans thoughts.

Ps library girl I love your quote in your siggy!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, it's not used often (fanny) and is considered old-fashioned or childish (way of saying ass). If a man complimented you on your shape in jeans, he would probably say, your jeans fit your butt nicely, or if you were on more friendly terms, ass.

Thanks, I like it too (my siggy). Seems like I have to be reminded of it more than anyone!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 AM   #46
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Am I the only one wondering what the Aussies would think of our term "fanny pack?" I swear, it's a belted pouch, nothing bad!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

fanny pack.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

this thread is cracking me up!!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Wonder what hiney means over there?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Wonder what hiney means over there?
I was wondering what 'crack me up' meant as I was typing it
Old 02-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

A mom screaming at her child "Stop that or I'll smack your fanny!" Is all kinds of wrong!!!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #52
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm guilty of telling Keira to get her fanny over here, or get her fanny into the shower!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Haha I'm now cracking up too

Hiney means boobs in Aus doesn't it mean boobs in the states as well???

Just kidding Hiney is butt here too

We call a fanny pack a bum pack here but yes I do remember hearing the word fanny pack for the first time and being confused from memory it was on full house -American sitcoms are the best!!! My hubby and I are addicted to Modern family and I still watch friends reruns every now and then!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Hi, Jen!! And !! I have enjoyed reading this thread! You really got us going with the imaginary cat!

You seem to be off to a good start & you will find lots of help here! I joined LCF so long ago that I'd forgotten! But, until I read Dr. Johnson's book, I didn't know this JUDDD forum existed. A google search sent me here. I am so happy it did.

I was dx'ed with chronic fatigue when my son was about a year old. He is now 25. But, fortunately, I refused to be debilitated by it. I know people who have been disabled by it just like you. My son has chronic illness & multi disabilities. So he is full time care for my DH & I. I am so grateful for the energy I've found from JUDDDing! I hope it has the same affect on you. I look forward to getting to know you!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Shari- you will be calling goal any day now!
Old 02-10-2013, 03:03 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Finally!!!

I cant tell you how long i have waited for another aussie! I feel like i am always a day ahead, lol...
The fanny thing has always cracked me up too. I must admit i have seen a fair share of kangas down in the country where my fiances family are. But they are a hazard. They jump onto the road at full speed and they are 100kg of pure muscle, they totally destroy cars at best. Yes, and we call shrimp prawns (damn you dundee!)
Also a friends rerun lover here glad to have you here aussie! Hope your Dds get easier
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:52 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
a) Going crazy on the first few UDs happens frequently. We had one lovely lady who announced she thought JUDDD was right for her and she was looking forward to her first UD celebration. Silence. Three weeks later she reappeared to say the celebration was over, time to get serious. And, she did.

b) Planning your meals is a great help. I think it was Soren who suggested figuring calories starting with your biggest meal of the day, then allocating the leftover calories to the other meals. Good advice.

c) If you are sensitive to carbs, but want to eat them, you can either jump in, gobble, take the water weight bounce, and learn to deal with the cravings; or remain LC for a few weeks then reintroduce carbs gradually - one small serving at a time; or anything in between. I used option #2 and learned a lot about my own metabolism by watching how I reacted to different carby foods.

d) I love having Aussies here! I remember once we won the lottery using insider (future) information...or maybe I was dreaming.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Shari- you will be calling goal any day now!
From your lips to God's ears! But, not if I keep sabotaging myself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
Also a friends rerun lover here
I like watching friends reruns too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
b) Planning your meals is a great help. I think it was Soren who suggested figuring calories starting with your biggest meal of the day, then allocating the leftover calories to the other meals. Good advice.
This is my biggest downfall!! Planning is something I don't do often! My bad!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Favorite all time Friends episode? I like the "we were on a break" lol
Old 02-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12