Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   The best lie ever! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/796577-best-lie-ever.html)

Carly 02-06-2013 06:18 PM

The best lie ever!

I had to go to a work lunch at a restaurant that I thought was gross and nasty. I wouldn't eat there if it was the last food in the world. Told my co-workers it was a DD and no one said boo. I sat, talked, but didn't even crack the menu. I could tell another co-work wished she could say it was a DD. She looked like she was gonna be sick. It was UD, but man was I glad no one at work pays to much attention :hyst:

Flutter 02-06-2013 06:22 PM

LOL! Good for you, Carly! Definately a perk of coworkers knowing about your WOE! :clap:

KeirasMom 02-06-2013 06:39 PM

Love it!

hot-in-texas 02-06-2013 06:47 PM

Heehee, that is too funny!

Zib 02-07-2013 05:29 AM

:hyst::hyst:

Does this count as an NSV? ;)

Cindy-lou 02-07-2013 06:34 AM

:laugh: Nice Move!!

Librarygirl 02-07-2013 06:43 AM

Just don't get caught eating cake! :laugh::laugh:

Carly 02-07-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16245204)
Just don't get caught eating cake! :laugh::laugh:

Yeah, I had to keep it up the rest of the day, but then DW and I went out for dinner so I made up for it:D

sunday 02-07-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16245278)
Yeah, I had to keep it up the rest of the day, but then DW and I went out for dinner so I made up for it:D

:cool: :yummy:

Kissa 02-07-2013 09:54 AM

Brilliant, lol.

Eieio 02-07-2013 12:59 PM

Good one Carly!
For myself I don't eat where teenagers work the kitchen, or tables.
Admit that I will have mcd 's oatmeal or the yogurt. THats it. And that is far and few these days. I don't want to talk about it.
My apology to the young ones reading this note.

LadyKT 02-07-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16244549)
I had to go to a work lunch at a restaurant that I thought was gross and nasty. I wouldn't eat there if it was the last food in the world. Told my co-workers it was a DD and no one said boo. I sat, talked, but didn't even crack the menu. I could tell another co-work wished she could say it was a DD. She looked like she was gonna be sick. It was UD, but man was I glad no one at work pays to much attention :hyst:

Was this restaurant in NYC? Where I work (Hell's Kitchen) there's amazing food on literally every corner - I can't imagine a bad one! Yikes!

Librarygirl 02-07-2013 03:15 PM

You work with Gordon Ramsey?! :D

Carly 02-07-2013 04:28 PM

The restaurant (barely) is in New Rochelle in Westchester. A Vegan/ Jamacian place that does not meet my cleanliness standards....

gotsomeold 02-08-2013 03:59 AM

GREAT, creative reality based lie! Your brilliance shines!

When I go to a new restaurant, I always excuse myself - if possible before being seated. My theory is, if the lady's room is not spotless, the food is not edible.

LadyKT 02-08-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16247086)

When I go to a new restaurant, I always excuse myself - if possible before being seated. My theory is, if the lady's room is not spotless, the food is not edible.

Oh that's a good idea. I've been to several places that had great food and terrible bathrooms!

BTW - great new avi Nancy!!

Cindy-lou 02-08-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16247086)
GREAT, creative reality based lie! Your brilliance shines!

Your so right!!!!!

sunday 02-08-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy-lou (Post 16247382)
Your so right!!!!!

:agree: Never been to a great restaurant, where the ladies room was a mess. Not once. Now, I really pay attention to chain restaurants, BJs, Outback, Saltgrass, PF Changs. It is not necessarily across the board, but the mgmt in these chain restaurants can make or break it. When the loo is not managed, I hate to think of the kitchen. :stars:

Cindy-lou 02-08-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 16247407)
:agree: Never been to a great restaurant, where the ladies room was a mess. Not once. Now, I really pay attention to chain restaurants, BJs, Outback, Saltgrass, PF Changs. It is not necessarily across the board, but the mgmt in these chain restaurants can make or break it. When the loo is not managed, I hate to think of the kitchen. :stars:

I am like that with any place we go ...My DH and I went out to a "new bar" that just opened on New Years Eve and he went to the washroom and when he came out he said" I would go outside before I would go back in there" and this place was just OPENED for a few weeks!!

sunday 02-08-2013 07:18 AM

Not saying this is acceptable, but I can see where a bar could possibly have a mess in a hurry. :rofl: Maybe that would be one area, that I would be a bit more lenient. I also have a very keen sense of smell. If I can smell anything that smells like it may have not been cleaned properly in the last year, it bothers me.