Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Tuesday! Hollaaaaaa! :) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/796345-ud-tuesday-hollaaaaaa.html)

Librarygirl 02-05-2013 08:34 AM

UD Tuesday! Hollaaaaaa! :)

B- hot tea w/hwc and sugar - 56
sausage/egg/cheese biscuit with mustard - 420 :yummy:
vanilla sandwich cookies (6) - 230

L- TBD

D-TBD

hot-in-texas 02-05-2013 08:48 AM

Breakfast-coffee w/HWC and cookie-250
Lunch-at Abuelos-most likey Carnita tacos-400 and charro beans-150, 8 chips-142
Dinner-2 pieces sausage, 2 eggs-440
leaves me a little wiggle room

mom23kids 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

B-2 rusks with lc light swiss spread 95c
L-lc entree 370c, handful potato chips ?c
S??

I also just made chocolate chip brownie muffins and ate about 1/2c of the batter :o i won't have a muffin though so it evens out lol.

deedee 02-05-2013 10:01 AM

B: bagel thin with pb and lc jelly, two scrambled eggs, coffee with creamer: 600 calories
L: black bean soup with beef and cheddar cheese: 750 calories
D: something light since I'm sticking to my allotted calories today and have 550 left

Librarygirl 02-05-2013 11:28 AM

I ended up having Dunkin Donuts for lunch! :D I had a chicken sandwich (croissant), and a heart-shaped bavarian creme donut. The sandwich was really good! I could have left off the donut and been happier right now. If I stick to strict calories, I've only got 241 left. I couldn't eat a thing right now, so it's not like I *need* more calories, but I like to have enough to have coffee with cream and something besides lettuce for dinner. :D Won't be repeating this experiment!!!

hot-in-texas 02-05-2013 11:38 AM

Thanks for posting LG, it is good to learn from others what is and isn't (aren't) worth the calories.
I ended up at Abuelos for lunch(Mexican restaurant) and put aside 8 chips for myself. Normally I ate at least 3/4 basket), and I ended up only eating 6 of the 8. I had 2 carnita tacos( 600 ) and refried beans (150). 140 for the chips.

deedee 02-05-2013 12:46 PM

Mmm bavarian creme donut though!

Yennie 02-05-2013 02:40 PM

B: Lots o' coffee with SF Vanilla and 2 TBS HWC (100)
L: 3 cheese panini (400), cup of tomato basil bisque (290) and a bag of salt & pepper chips (210)
D: Pork roast, potato of some form (probably "baked" in the microwave and split with the peanut), small salad and ??? to use up the remaining 900.
I had a 1.8 pound whoosh today after reducing my UDs from 2200 to 1900 and my DD yesterday. Gonna stick with 1900/440 as closely as I can for the next while.
My next food goal is to try to increase my protein, I'd like to hit 90-100 grams per day. We'll see...

Librarygirl 02-05-2013 03:10 PM

I am going to go over today. I started feeling deprived around 5 o'clock when I got off work and grabbed some cheese cubes from the (work) fridge and some punch. Now I'm having coffee with HWC...next UD I'm going to try and keep my calories lower during the day.

Yennie 02-05-2013 03:18 PM

I use HWC that's 50 cals per TBS, and the Torino SF Vanilla flavoring. I use that instead of splenda, not that I have anything against Splenda (obviously, its in the Torinos), just looking for a different flavor. I find that my coffee with 1 TBS HWC and about 1/2 TBS Torinos is pretty decadent, like having a latte without the calories. I'm drinking 2 large travel mugs for the same cals as a tall (12oz) NF/SF vanilla latte from S-bucks.

I've never been a huge breakfast eater and have always kinda "drank" my breakfast of coffee or tea or nursed a protein shake all morning long, so its very normal for me to save my calories for later in the day. Having said that, one of my "diet death traps" has been the 4-5:00 starvation frenzy. For some reason, I'll often hit that time of day and will start gorging. So that's been a huge challenge for me. That's why I try, try, try to wait until early evening on my DDs to eat, and try to find something very filling to satisfy myself and alleviate the 4pm monster. Its bad...

hot-in-texas 02-05-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16241779)
I am going to go over today. I started feeling deprived around 5 o'clock when I got off work and grabbed some cheese cubes from the (work) fridge and some punch. Now I'm having coffee with HWC...next UD I'm going to try and keep my calories lower during the day.

That is what I always have to remind myself to do. I feel most comfortable when I have at least 1000 calories in the evening when I get home from work. It doesn't seem like you should have to count those HWC, there,s not much too it.

Librarygirl 02-05-2013 03:45 PM

Well, I wasn't hungry. It was *knowing* I couldn't have much when I got home that got me wanting to snack...as for eating early, I find that I can go without breakfast at home, but feel like I "need" something at work on UD's. On DD's I do without fairly easily (knowing how limited my cals are going to be!). I've got to find some better food choices...what seemed like soooo many calories to eat on UD's in the beginning, now seem rather limited (especially with a 400 calorie breakfast biscuit, and donut for lunch! :D).

jaymar 02-05-2013 03:59 PM

Cindy, I know just what you mean...I'm trying but sometimes a day just gets out of hand...also...I think you're stronger than you know...you had one donut..I wish I could have one donut..never could..one would lead to two or three for me...so I'm kind of afraid of them..but they are my favorite thing to eat...like they say...don't beat yourself up..tomorrow is another day..and it's a dd for me too...oh well..we will make it...I've decided to get a few frozen low calorie entrees...maybe have one at lunch and one at dinner with some broth or salad..I better go look at the dd recipes too.

Yennie 02-05-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16241824)
It doesn't seem like you should have to count those HWC, there,s not much too it.

For me, its a mental thing. If I start not counting the HWC, then I start not counting the handful of pecans (which can be 1-200 cals) or the few jelly beans from work or the ___________ and then, next think I know, I'm way over my limit with not much to show for it and no idea where it went or what it even was. If I'm gonna UUAD I want it to be because someone brought a chocolate cake or box of Krispy Kremes into work! :o So I have to count my HWCs and measure them out even because, if I don't, if I even let one thing slide, then I'm in a world of hurt.

I hit my goal today, cal wise. My calc says 1805, and I'm figuring about 100-200 wiggle room (in the upward direction) for things like not level TBS of sour cream, and estimating the cals in my cheese sandwich. I'm trying for 1900-2000 so I'm pretty happy with that. However, I did not meet my protein goal of 90-100 grams, I came in at 61 grams. I think if I'd done a better job planning lunch I could have made it.

hot-in-texas 02-05-2013 10:19 PM

But the cream(which I put in my mug before pouring the coffee) is just a teeny puddle at the bottom of my mug, and 60 calories a tbs! And I use 2...I think I'm gonna quit the hwc. I just feel bad because I have a quart of it at work because I asked my boss to get it for me when she asked if i need anything at the store. I'm just going to start slowly pouring it down the drain. No one else uses it anyway.

Yennie 02-05-2013 10:24 PM

You could just use it on your UDs? I think the fat helps me hold out on just coffee until lunch. I'm not willing to "waste" DD cals on HWC (I use skim milk and either splenda or the vanilla syrup) but I really like the morning treat.

Guess it just goes to show how much personalization can go into this process! I'll take your HWC...wanna ship it to WA? ;)

hot-in-texas 02-05-2013 10:29 PM

I'm still very hungry on my UDs. I was at my calorie limit tonight and I started recalculating my calories and applying different (lower)values to things...:doh:

Yennie 02-05-2013 10:37 PM

:( I'm sorry. I wish I had some insight to help you out. I've been trying to research the most calorically not-dense foods (like that sentence even makes sense!) to try to incorporate as much bulk into my diet with the fewest calories, to try to fill me up. Like, a plate full of brocolli vs a square a chocolate. Rather have the chocolate but the brocolli will leave me with a full belly. I also know about myself that straight carbs with no protein to back them up make me RAVENOUS!
This is such a learning experience for me!!! :)

Librarygirl 02-06-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16241824)
That is what I always have to remind myself to do. I feel most comfortable when I have at least 1000 calories in the evening when I get home from work. It doesn't seem like you should have to count those HWC, there,s not much too it.

Well, HWC is 50 calories a Tbsp. And I like about 3 T per cup.:doh: That adds up fast!:p

Librarygirl 02-06-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16242486)
I'm still very hungry on my UDs. I was at my calorie limit tonight and I started recalculating my calories and applying different (lower)values to things...:doh:

:hyst::hyst::hyst: I'm laughing because I'm guilty!:o

hot-in-texas 02-06-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16244245)
:hyst::hyst::hyst: I'm laughing because I'm guilty!:o

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one!