Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
We tested eggs next, and then milk. No issues. Yippee!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I love this.

I wish my grandson was not critically allergic to nuts and eggs. It is very difficult for small children to understand why they can't have candy and I can imagine it will get worse when he is 4. Also, we have to watch his brother who will be 5 and this means a lot of hawkeye vigilance.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I love this.

I wish my grandson was not critically allergic to nuts and eggs. It is very difficult for small children to understand why they can't have candy and I can imagine it will get worse when he is 4. Also, we have to watch his brother who will be 5 and this means a lot of hawkeye vigilance.
My sister's two kids are both allergic to nuts, and my nephew is also allergic to eggs, dairy & soy. They both know there are things they can't eat and they're okay with it because they've never had them before. If they ever had a PB cup or something like that and THEN developed the allergy, I can see them being upset. KWIM? My niece drinks milk, eats eggs, etc. She knows her brother can't have these things so I don't think she teases him with it, she's kind of protective of him with it.

Add me as a friend! Facebook

BodyCombat Certified (5/13/13)
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
My sister's two kids are both allergic to nuts, and my nephew is also allergic to eggs, dairy & soy. They both know there are things they can't eat and they're okay with it because they've never had them before. If they ever had a PB cup or something like that and THEN developed the allergy, I can see them being upset. KWIM? My niece drinks milk, eats eggs, etc. She knows her brother can't have these things so I don't think she teases him with it, she's kind of protective of him with it.
I am hoping that this will someday be the case for the family. Until he is old enough to tell or warn others that he is having a reaction, she is not comfortable to have any foods containing eggs or nuts in the home. Which I hate for the older brother. The other problem, is when they come here or want to go out for dinner, they are very limited on where they can go, so far Chipotle is the only place that she has been able to take him. Thankfully by the time he starts school, he will be able to ask for the epi-pen and even give his own shot.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 02-09-2013 at 02:47 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another thing that I find interesting is that he did not test positive for gluten allergy. He is not old enough to have any more allergy testing, than what was done this far.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

ETA: I was going to do the GF thing for 2 weeks before I tested this, but we're going to Disneyland next weekend and if we're not sensitive, I don't want to have to think about it the whole weekend.
Have fun! I'm sure you guys get to go a lot. We're taking my son for his 3rd birthday. We're a little fanatical about Disney in our family - its gonna be me, my husband, my son (obviously), my dad, his wife and my sister flying in from Hawaii - all to take the peanut to meet Mickey his first time. He loves Mickey and he loves Cars so I think he's gonna flip at Carsland. Although lately he's been pretty obsessed with "Tangled" (Rapunzle story) and "Eugene"/Flynn Rider so I hope they still have the Tangled Meet & Greet when we go.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
We have season passes and we're about 3 1/2 hours away, so we do get to go pretty often. Keira loves it, and I put up with the crowds for her. The best time to go is when it's raining, so we're hoping for rain next weekend. We also have a friend and her daughter coming, so it'll be fun.

Carsland is pretty cool. We just went in December and it was great. If you're not opposed to riding separately, the radiator springs raceway (?) has single rider lines which move MUCH faster than the group lines, and you end up in the same car anyway, just not side by side.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
So jealous of season passes, we're just too far away
Thanks for the Carsland tip. The wee one will be too short to ride the racers (he's only 36" - I've been obsessively measuring him hoping for a growth spurt but, alas, it's not to be) but he'll get a kick out of seeing everyone else. Besides, it just means we go back again next year.
Unfortunately his birthday is in April - prime spring break time - so we're bracing for long lines and crowds but maybe next time won't plan a birthday trip. I feel deprived if I can't get down there once or twice a year. Hubby NEVER went as a child (can you image?!?!?!) - his first trip was to DW when I was preggers. He still hasn't been to DL. At least after DW, he kinda gets why its so cool but I'm hoping after taking the peanut he'll get a little more into it, if only for the peanut's sake.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote