Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeborahL
Stats: 168.2/156.6/130
WOE: JUDDD w/restricted carbs
Start Date: 1/20/13 (Atkins) 2/11/2013 (JUDDD)
I admire those of you who get on the scale every day. The bounces freak me out, so I only hit it once a week.
DeborahL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctantexan View Post
I went back to Atkins in 2008 in earnest. I decided that I absolutely HAD to lose my extra lbs. I've been living that life ever since and I don't lose at all. That is what brings me here to JUDDD. I'm not even a week in yet, so I have nothing to report.

What I gave up on Atkins was:
Sugar
Bread
Rice
Potatoes

For the most part, I've been eating nothing but meat, salad and fat for all these years.

What I got by giving up these foods:
No arthritis pain
No joint pain
No need for prescription drugs (I choose to take HRT)

I don't know why Atkins doesn't work for me any more. I first went on it in 1972 and in the intervening years, I've been on every diet known/published, including a 1978 version of HCG. Except JUDDD.

I'm trying to stay LCHF because I don't want my pains to come back. Yes, I want to lose lbs. but most of all, I want to be healthy.

I support you in your efforts and welcome any insights you might have....yes, I understand Calories, Calories, Calories.
Atkins was great for me lost 9lbs my first week that is what kept me at it for so long too. But if I had one slip up by having a slice of bread I felt defeated. I knew I just couldn't do it long term. I applaud anyone who can but I guess I just don't have the willpower. Plus I felt like I was punshing BF with my restricted diet and I didn't feel that was right. I don't have the answers but I plan on following as 500 DD and 2000 UD till I don't see results.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #243
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post

one thing... going to my Dr and Dietitian on Friday... do not know if I will tell them what I will be doing.... I think they will be angry at me for going to follow this plan... BUT this is my body.... and even being a diabetic... I really do think that this will work for me..... I need to get this weight off......

have any of you spoken with your Doctors
I have told my doctors what I'm doing and they're supportive. I think it really depends on how open-minded and up-to-date your doctors are on the latest research. I'm not diabetic though, so I can't speak to that.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tekla
Stats: 201/181.6/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 1/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
What makes me sad is for the last 5 years I have no photos with my kids. I avoided all cameras because I hated looking at myself. I didn't go swimming on vacation or play activities with them for the same reason and I had no energy - just wanted to sit and eat. I can't ever get back those years and that fills me with sadness. So please anyone in this situation and is miserable don't put it off, do it now.

But am making up for lost time now....
I know what you mean. You will have a lot of fun in the years to come. Well done!

I agree shout it from the rooftops baby!
tekla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tekla
Stats: 201/181.6/145
Start Date: 1/21/13
I'm not sure what if anything I'm going to say to my doctor. I see her Monday. I like her so far and she seems pretty open minded but you just never know. I worry that she will bring up the whole eating disorder thing. I seriously have never felt so in control in my life. It's been 3 weeks no binge in sight and no defeatist attitude because I blew it again. In my mind, so far anyway, "there is always tomorrow" and that thought has kept me in control. I don't love the DDs but they aren't that bad and I just keep reminding myself that they are what is helping my body get healthier and thinner!
4/1/13 183.8
5/1/13 181.6
tekla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
I love this thread.... so much great info..

so for my first DD

L - had a slim fast shake - 190

D - one reg hot dog (did not have any FF ones - 170
LS catsup 1 T - 5
mustard - 1 T - 0
2 wasa crackers - 70
2 oz turkey - 50
2 wedges laughing cow cheese - 70

for a total of 555 calories for today......

not really hungry so far..... nighttime is my hardest time... but I am going to be strong... and remember that tomorrow I can eat more.....
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #247
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
The dr thing is tricky-i'm going to a new drs office in a couple weeks and will be starting from scratch, with no previous weight on record. I do need to tell them about my weight loss though because i have a skin tag that got 'fat' when i gained weight, but hasn't gotten smaller as i've lost weight. I'm going to ask about having it removed (biopsy??). But i think i'll just tell the dr. i cut back on calories and did things like stopped drinking regular soda etc. I don't want to scare my new dr. away
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #248

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lovely to see this so busy and everyone helping each other. WTG Newbie ladies.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #249
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reluctantexan
Stats: 170/155/140
WOE: HFLC
I'm excited by..............chicken broth?

Just after I came back to this forum, I read about sipping chix broth on DD. Today is the first time I tried it, and it really is working for me! I'm on PST and it's just about 1pm. I've had 2 cups of broth so far and I'm not hungry. Woohoo!

I always keep the Daily Chef all natural quarts I buy at Sam's Club for whipping up a quick thai coconut soup. That probably won't work for DDs, but at least I had it in the pantry, and having it plain is working.

Thanks for the good advice, and I'm so looking forward to being able to eat like a normal person (read: eat bread and other carbs) again.
reluctantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MemoryKeeper
Stats: 233.5/183.5/133
WOE: Currently: Rx hcg
Start Date: 10/18/2011
What is PST?

I'm enjoying soup myself now: 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of half and half, 1 tablespoon of salsa. 22 calories of deliciousness!
MemoryKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #251

Pacific Standard Time, I believe.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryKeeper View Post
What is PST?

I'm enjoying soup myself now: 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of half and half, 1 tablespoon of salsa. 22 calories of deliciousness!
Sounds yummy, but 22 calories sound low, great, but low. My chicken broth is 15 calories for a tsp/8 oz water, my half and half is 20 calories for a Tbs so that is 35 without the salsa. I'd love to hear which products you use. I would love to make that for 22 calories!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #253
Junior LCF Member

PST - in this case I meant Pacific Standard Time

Quote:
What is PST?

So I had my cuppa coffee with some cream, 2 cups broth and 2 servings water-packed tuna today along with a slice of fresh tomato.

I used to be a chef, so I keep lots of things ready. I have a shaker with a combo of salt, pepper and garlic granules which I use on almost everything. I keep balsamic and unseasoned rice wine vinegar. I use full-fat dairy products only and try to stay away from processed foods and GMOs. I use dried spices and indulge myself in the fresh ginger and cilantro in tubes (from the produce section) and I also keep coconut milk and thai chili paste, along with fresh lemons.

I love grains and look forward to adding them back to my diet for UDs.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:16 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MemoryKeeper
Stats: 233.5/183.5/133
WOE: Currently: Rx hcg
Start Date: 10/18/2011
Carly, Chicken Broth 5 calories per cup from aldi. Half and half (aldi brand) 1 tablespoon 20 calories, salsa 15 calories for 2 tablespoons, so 7 for 1 (also from aldi).

Duh PST, I should have gotten that! Thanks!
MemoryKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cindy-lou
Stats: 257/234/170
WOE: JUDDD-01/31/13
Start Date: Nov 7 2012 LC
Quote:
What is PST?

Ohhhh this I will try today!!! Thank You for sharing
Cindy-lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #256
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
HAPPY VALENTINES DAYTO ALLMY JUDDD BUDS

I haven't been to my Dr for nearly 3 years. I only go if I am sick.
He does keep telling my DH for me to get in there for blood work.And I plan to.... as soon I get down to 230 lbs.I want off my medicine even if only part of them.I did not tell him I was dieting so he doesn't know I have lost. But like I told my DH he isn't my bossSo I will do the plan I choose.(He hass one but it costs like 100.00 a week and it's shakes) It's Medifast I think ?But he does blood work weighs and all that stuff along with it, then the office call 3x a week

Hot N Texas
Yep, chicken broth is a life saver.I drink Hot flavored tea on DD too. I eat Progresso light soup usually but I am going to start eating like a chef salad which I think will make me feel fuller. I drink alot of water about 84oz. I use the Great Value flavored water enhancer too.I like the Cherry or Watermelon flavor.But last night for some reason I looked at the nutriton label and it has 10cal per pkg I hadn't noticed that before So guess I will stop that on DD.

Jeannette
Don't you just love Adli's. I am so happy we have one here.
The Fit N Active Chicken Broth is only 5 cal a cup and no MSG .I do not like the other brand they have at all!

Dawn(Kieras mom)
What do you eat on DD? I am having a very difficult time sticking with the 500 cal on my DD. But I honestly think it is all a mind thing. As it is only when I am sitting watching TV at night!I am going to get my mind under subjection.
This is my last week on induction.I am going up to 25% instead of 20%,because I feel that will keep me on plan much easier. The loss may be slower but that's ok too!As long as it comes off!

Like I posted to someone, If I can't stick with JUDDDD then I am just a piggy.Quitting is NOT an option THIS TIME!

Sherri
How's it going for you?Are you liking JUDDD? I sure am. DD are very hard, but I will get use to them one of these days.
Hope all is well for you

HELLO to everyone else I hope you all have a wonderful day today!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 02-14-2013 at 09:24 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post

Dawn(Kieras mom)
What do you eat on DD? I am having a very difficult time sticking with the 500 cal on my DD. But I honestly think it is all a mind thing. As it is only when I am sitting watching TV at night!I am going to get my mind under subjection.
This is my last week on induction.I am going up to 25% instead of 20%,because I feel that will keep me on plan much easier. The loss may be slower but that's ok too!As long as it comes off!

Like I posted to someone, If I can't stick with JUDDDD then I am just a piggy.Quitting is NOT an option THIS TIME!
I have a pretty set DD menu for me. I have tea or coffee (black) for breakfast. Lunch is almost always a small Wendy's chili (210 calories) and I add my own habanero hot sauce (0 calories). Dinner is almost always steamed swai (4 oz. is 70 calories -- I'll often have 6 oz.) and a vegetable of some sort (usually brocolli or green beans). This keeps me very satisfied and I'm usually under 350 calories for the day.

DDs really do get easier the longer you do JUDDD. You'll look back in a month or two and laugh at how hard they seemed in the beginning.

When I first started JUDDD, I relied on shiritaki noodles or glucomannan products to fill me up with no calories. Now, I never even think about those things. They're great when you're starting though, until you get the hang of the DDs.

Sometimes I'll have a whole peeled, sliced cucumber with some canned tuna and vinegar for not too many calories. If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll add a chopped roma tomato and maybe a little feta.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Quote:
So I had my cuppa coffee with some cream, 2 cups broth and 2 servings water-packed tuna today along with a slice of fresh tomato.

I used to be a chef, so I keep lots of things ready. I have a shaker with a combo of salt, pepper and garlic granules which I use on almost everything. I keep balsamic and unseasoned rice wine vinegar. I use full-fat dairy products only and try to stay away from processed foods and GMOs. I use dried spices and indulge myself in the fresh ginger and cilantro in tubes (from the produce section) and I also keep coconut milk and thai chili paste, along with fresh lemons.

I love grains and look forward to adding them back to my diet for UDs.
Well done way to go! Great food - hahaha I want to come and eat at your place.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #259
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I have a pretty set DD menu for me. I have tea or coffee (black) for breakfast. Lunch is almost always a small Wendy's chili (210 calories) and I add my own habanero hot sauce (0 calories). Dinner is almost always steamed swai (4 oz. is 70 calories -- I'll often have 6 oz.) and a vegetable of some sort (usually brocolli or green beans). This keeps me very satisfied and I'm usually under 350 calories for the day.

DDs really do get easier the longer you do JUDDD. You'll look back in a month or two and laugh at how hard they seemed in the beginning.

When I first started JUDDD, I relied on shiritaki noodles or glucomannan products to fill me up with no calories. Now, I never even think about those things. They're great when you're starting though, until you get the hang of the DDs.

Sometimes I'll have a whole peeled, sliced cucumber with some canned tuna and vinegar for not too many calories. If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll add a chopped roma tomato and maybe a little feta.
I totally agree-dds get a lot easier the longer you do juddd i actually look forward to them now-crazy

Last edited by mom23kids; 02-14-2013 at 12:10 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
They get easier AND simpler. I no longer feel like I have to find recipes and food that I can eat on DD's. I just have my chicken broth, pickles, deli sliced turkey...sometimes Wendy's chili...it's not difficult. I totally NEED a DD tomorrow too, because today was way out of hand!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #261
Junior LCF Member

Las Vegas food

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
Well done way to go! Great food - hahaha I want to come and eat at your place.
Thanks. My diet for the past 5 years has been so limited that I try to make sure everything I eat is something I actually LIKE to eat. Even when fasting - which I've also done lots of in my life. Now, every other day:

Las Vegas food is famous, but I rarely go out to eat. Fast food is poison, and I'm too old to tolerate poison food anymore. Today was an UD and I had a couple of ribs at Famous Dave's Barb. At least that's real food. I told DH however, that I want to visit Gordon Ramsay's Steakhouse at The Paris some day soon. Then I looked at the prices on the menu. Good Grief
My food will just have to do.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi everyone,
Introducing myself - I tried JUDDD a little while ago but shortly after starting it all fell to pieces with a new job and relocation and having no kitchen of my own for a while. Too many pounds later, I'm back again. I've tried many diets and most successfully but it all comes back. I know this forum from being low-carb for a while... and although I liked low-carb, I can not stick with it long term. I wish I could but I just can't seem to stick with it.

I only on Restart day 4 and already lost 2 lbs . Sure I know that is mostly water weight but I don't care!!! It is all encouraging. Today is an up day and i very carefully counted up to my calories and decided on wine instead of dessert... and then I had a delivery from my boyfriend for V.day from Edible Arrangements that had chocolate covered strawberries!!!! So I am a wee bit over my calories!!

Everyone is sharing what they do on DD so I'll do the same as my jump right in to it all...
Green smoothie - 100 - 150 cal.
sliced cucumber with a sprinkle of salt - 15 cal?
the chicken/cabbage/LC cheese recipe that we all love. To my carefully measured portion of that I added 1/2 cup of steamed (in a bag) brown rice and split it in to two to add only 75 cal for 2 meals.
yesterday- after reading the potato thread - I had about 300 grams of steamed fingerling potatoes with salt for only 220 calories and yes it was filling! I was so happy!

Recent Store discoveries: Stouffers stuffed peppers - only 210 cal for one and they are tasty (although high in sodium).
Apple straws (found in the natural/organic section with the chips) - 130 calories for 38 cinnamon apple goodies that can be nibbled slowly with coffee or tea. I had a half serving for a dessert for only 65 calories and it was great. they make veggies straws too.

Thats it! I've been a lurker for a while so I am looking forward to chatting with you all.

Christina
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Carly, Chicken Broth 5 calories per cup from aldi. Half and half (aldi brand) 1 tablespoon 20 calories, salsa 15 calories for 2 tablespoons, so 7 for 1 (also from aldi).

Duh PST, I should have gotten that! Thanks!
We need Aldi in NY! I need some 5 calorie broth!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Hi everyone,
Introducing myself - I tried JUDDD a little while ago but shortly after starting it all fell to pieces with a new job and relocation and having no kitchen of my own for a while. Too many pounds later, I'm back again. I've tried many diets and most successfully but it all comes back. I know this forum from being low-carb for a while... and although I liked low-carb, I can not stick with it long term. I wish I could but I just can't seem to stick with it.

I only on Restart day 4 and already lost 2 lbs . Sure I know that is mostly water weight but I don't care!!! It is all encouraging. Today is an up day and i very carefully counted up to my calories and decided on wine instead of dessert... and then I had a delivery from my boyfriend for V.day from Edible Arrangements that had chocolate covered strawberries!!!! So I am a wee bit over my calories!!

Everyone is sharing what they do on DD so I'll do the same as my jump right in to it all...
the chicken/cabbage/LC cheese recipe that we all love. To my carefully measured portion of that I added 1/2 cup of steamed (in a bag) brown rice and split it in to two to add only 75 cal for 2 meals.
yesterday- after reading the potato thread - I had about 300 grams of steamed fingerling potatoes with salt for only 220 calories and yes it was filling! I was so happy!

Recent Store discoveries: Stouffers stuffed peppers - only 210 cal for one and they are tasty (although high in sodium).
Apple straws (found in the natural/organic section with the chips) - 130 calories for 38 cinnamon apple goodies that can be nibbled slowly with coffee or tea. I had a half serving for a dessert for only 65 calories and it was great. they make veggies straws too.

Thats it! I've been a lurker for a while so I am looking forward to chatting with you all.

Christina
Christina! It sounds like you're off to a great start! 4 days and 2 lbs! I agree with you, I'd rather not have puffy water weight, if it is that anyway! I hope you'll come out of lurkdom often and share with us.Thanks for the tips on the apple and veggie straws, and the peppers. I will be looking for these goodies!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Today started off terribly

I was a little worried after yesterday's slightly high UD. The pizza, the dessert pizza and then I had some popcorn in the evening. I kept a mental semi-tally, it wasn't out of control but I'm pretty sure I went over 1900.
I got on the scale this morning to a 0.4 gain. Now I know some of you are thinking - come on, only 0.4? Get a life kid!! But I'm very susceptible to mental setbacks like this, I know this about myself. So then I start thinking, its V Day, there's candy, screw this. Then I think Nope, today's gonna be liquids only! Why do I set myself up to fail?
At noon, having subsisted on coffee & lemon water so far, I went to Costco. Bought 4 bags of different potatoes. Got back to work and thought, this is dumb, I have done potato down days before so let's do it again. I got 2 of the Yukon Gold potatoes out of my car, microwave them and ate them with salt and steak sauce. I no longer feel defeated. And I love potatoes!
I kept 1 peppermint Patty, 50 cals, for a treat tonight. Who knows, maybe it will be breakfast!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #266
Big Yapper!!!!

I know that you know, but a .04 gain is actually very very good after a UD. That means that you will lose really well after your DD (usually). I expect to have a 2-3 lb gain in the morning. Good job on reining in the cravings and getting satisfied on spuds.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Christina! It sounds like you're off to a great start! 4 days and 2 lbs! I agree with you, I'd rather not have puffy water weight, if it is that anyway! I hope you'll come out of lurkdom often and share with us.Thanks for the tips on the apple and veggie straws, and the peppers. I will be looking for these goodies!
Thanks Cindy, I'm happy to join in.

I have been trying to avoid processed foods but if I don't have time to cook ahead and I'm really hungry, I'd rather have something like this to go to in an emergency then really mess up.

I think the reason I can't do strictly low carb any more is because of some health issues, I decided to start avoiding any frankenfoods (a term I heard that I find amusing) which includes most of the sugar substitutes. But I have a RAGING sweet tooth. Even with low carb I had to have my SF jello, my atkins bars, the SF syrups.. all of that. I still needed pretend sweet. Now the only thing I try to limit myself to is Stevia but I do backslide on convenience foods on occasion.

It will be a challenge to me to resist some of those things because I read so many good ideas on here that include them! But I feel I need to right now. Maybe I should start a thread on all natural DD ideas! There are tons of those for sure.

These threads are SOOO inspiring!!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Sounds like you're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Hi everyone,

Christina
I started JUDDD last Friday. I don't usually weigh because it gives me an excuse to feel either good or bad about what I've done, and that doesn't work out well. Guilt or euphoria. Yuck! So my plan is to keep doing the plan without weighing in.........well, maybe I'll cheat and look after a couple of weeks.

I think I'll keep eating very little on DD for the time being. If I do LC on DD, I feel safer, since I've been doing LC so long. I'm just feeling my way along with this and hoping.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Hi RT,
I don't usually weigh that often - I have been a painfully slow loser on most diets.. but I needed encouragement and being Week 1 I knew I'd see some water loss on the scale and I needed to see it. In the future my weigh ins will be only once a week.

I feel confident this time though - I don't know what the difference is. Desperation maybe? ha ha ha!!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Thanks. My diet for the past 5 years has been so limited that I try to make sure everything I eat is something I actually LIKE to eat. Even when fasting - which I've also done lots of in my life. Now, every other day:

Las Vegas food is famous, but I rarely go out to eat. Fast food is poison, and I'm too old to tolerate poison food anymore. Today was an UD and I had a couple of ribs at Famous Dave's Barb. At least that's real food. I told DH however, that I want to visit Gordon Ramsay's Steakhouse at The Paris some day soon. Then I looked at the prices on the menu. Good Grief
My food will just have to do.
I really like shrimp cocktail with fresh squeezed lemon on DDs.. Hope that is not poison!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote