Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
WTG Mojocat. That is something to shout about. You have done an incredible job.

I am so pleased you have found JUDDD.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Thank you - you are all so lovely here.
If I can do it - anyone can. I could overeat any man by far. DH used to look in amazement at how much I could scoff down. I always felt embarrassed by my appetite.

What makes me sad is for the last 5 years I have no photos with my kids. I avoided all cameras because I hated looking at myself. I didn't go swimming on vacation or play activities with them for the same reason and I had no energy - just wanted to sit and eat. I can't ever get back those years and that fills me with sadness. So please anyone in this situation and is miserable don't put it off, do it now.

But am making up for lost time now....
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Mojocat, that sounds just like me. My own Facebook is void of pictures of me. I kept on pants an a T-shirt 2 summers ago when a large group of us went boating, and most jumped into the water with floats and inter tubes, while I sat in the boat fully clothed. I am so happy for you, such a wonderful accomplishment.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Hello ladies! Second UD today, going well so far

misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #215
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
new to JUDDD - have been on LC since Jan 1, 2013... and have lost 14 pounds... but have not lost anything since......

I am a type 2 diabetic... want to get off my meds...

am 5'6" and weigh 291 so have alot to lose.....

so very confused..... so can eat 500 cals on DD... that is easy..... and I have alot of meal plans from your many threads.... but on UD - how many cals should I eat... plus counting carbs is easy... but cals

I live alone... and so do not like to cook anything over 6 -8 ingredients
so have been writing down easy meals......

or could on my UD I count carbs like 40 to 50 carbs or should I be counting cals.....

any help with be great...thanks

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Last edited by pawleys14; 02-12-2013 at 09:06 PM..
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

oh, adding something.... I do usually one hour of water aerobics every day... and I am starting to do the Leslie Sansone walking tape.... one mile so far... 15 min.....
so I do exercise
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Pawleys,
Google JUDDD diet and get to Dr J's main page. Find the calculator and input your information. That will calculate for you your UD and DD cals. If your DD cals are too low, that's ok, just shoot for 500 or less. But try to hit your UDs as closely as possible.
The spread between the two is what makes JUDDD work, so its really important not to borrow from your UDs to make your DDs higher. DDs should be somewhere between 0-500 (yes, some people fast completely!) and your UDs should be as close to what is calculated as possible. The lower your DDs, the bigger the spread, the faster you'll built your SIRTs.
Good luck, and welcome aboard!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:22 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I'm on my way back to JUDDD here pretty quick. Did a short hcg round that I'm ending this weekend. I am real close back to my lowest weight right before menoh3ll kicked in and I gained a bit back. So I am hoping that in the 6 weeks between rounds I get a few more pounds down and hold it tight! Woo Hoo! Already planning my meals, got my new netrition order and want to try those gluc and oat fiber dumplings!

*whew* coming back to JUDDD is like coming home
and lots of my pals are already here!

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain

Last edited by C'Marie; 02-13-2013 at 01:24 AM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Paw and back C'Marie!

Paw even though you exercise I would use the caculation for 20% WLM and no exercise to start. You can always tweak if need be after a few weeks.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:18 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cindy-lou
Stats: 257/234/170
WOE: JUDDD-01/31/13
Start Date: Nov 7 2012 LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
Aack just looking at my post and I hope it doesn't come across as bragging I'm just so thrilled with JUDDD. My weight this time last year was 231 and I'm 129. It took 12 months to lose that weight - could probably take a month to put it back on - maintenance will be lifelong.

Brag all you want Girl you did a fantastic job!!!! CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslatte View Post
Hello ladies! Second UD today, going well so far

sit back and enjoy the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
I'm on my way back to JUDDD here pretty quick. Did a short hcg round that I'm ending this weekend. I am real close back to my lowest weight right before menoh3ll kicked in and I gained a bit back. So I am hoping that in the 6 weeks between rounds I get a few more pounds down and hold it tight! Woo Hoo! Already planning my meals, got my new netrition order and want to try those gluc and oat fiber dumplings!

*whew* coming back to JUDDD is like coming home
and lots of my pals are already here!
BACK!!
Cindy-lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

I had a "tough" DD yesterday.... first one since I started

2 reasons I think

1) TOM
2) Didn't watch all my calories on my UD ... didn't get in all my calories so yesterday I suffered

So on this note to you newbies ...EAT ALL YOUR CALORIES on your UD ...its very important
Old 02-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy-lou View Post
I had a "tough" DD yesterday.... first one since I started

2 reasons I think

1) TOM
2) Didn't watch all my calories on my UD ... didn't get in all my calories so yesterday I suffered

So on this note to you newbies ...EAT ALL YOUR CALORIES on your UD ...its very important
I too, find that PMS/TOM can make a DD more of a challenge. My cycle is irregular so I don't always know that that is the reason I'm more hungry till it actually arrives. I find I lose the most in the 10 days after TOM ends.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:50 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeborahL
Stats: 168.2/156.6/130
WOE: JUDDD w/restricted carbs
Start Date: 1/20/13 (Atkins) 2/11/2013 (JUDDD)
Good morning everyone!

tskb, it is good to see you here! I remember you from another thread on the induction board. Hope JUDDD is the right fit for both of us.
DeborahL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Welcome Paw! So many new JUDDDers!

Welcome Back C'Marie!!

Cindy Lou, your avi is lovely.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
My UD today was the best ever, my appetite was really controlled and I'm hoping the app suppression is finally starting to kick in.

I have been eating over my calories on previous UD's but sticking way below my DD's, but it seems to be working for me.

I was wondering if doing the HCG diet would have stimulated the SIR1 gene? It is a 500 calorie diet and I always felt happy on the HCG; hated to go off it for that reason; apart from choice of foods. I can't eat another chicken breast again. Leg, wing, anything but the breast Had the most yummy grass fed T bone for dinner and greek salad. Greek yoghurt with slices apples for lunch. I picked up a pear in the supermarket but put it back - worried about the sugar. So pfft to steamed chicken breast.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I too, find that PMS/TOM can make a DD more of a challenge. My cycle is irregular so I don't always know that that is the reason I'm more hungry till it actually arrives. I find I lose the most in the 10 days after TOM ends.
I am starting menopause so when TOM arrives its a "surprise" but this month she was nasty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post

Cindy Lou, your avi is lovely.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!
Thank You...that was taken New Years Eve
Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

ok - a few more quesdtions...

went and got my numbers - DD - 599 and UD - 2993
ok - what is the best way to figure out what cals in food.... what site is best

and what is the 8 hour window thing

I need to go to Barnes and Noble and get the book The alternate day diet, but may not go for a few days there.......

going to Michigan on Tues Feb 19th for two weeks for my granddaughter's 1st birthday.. so do not know how I will be able to do this for that two weeks... may just have to try and watch what I eat... and when I get back on March 4th to re-start JUDDD

thanks for any help
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #228
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post
new to JUDDD - have been on LC since Jan 1, 2013... and have lost 14 pounds... but have not lost anything since......

I am a type 2 diabetic... want to get off my meds...

am 5'6" and weigh 291 so have alot to lose.....

so very confused..... so can eat 500 cals on DD... that is easy..... and I have alot of meal plans from your many threads.... but on UD - how many cals should I eat... plus counting carbs is easy... but cals
JUDDD only cares about calories, and as someone already mentioned, the calculator on Dr. Johnson's website will give you the calories to shoot for.
I live alone... and so do not like to cook anything over 6 -8 ingredients
so have been writing down easy meals......
My standard down day menu is coffee or tea in the morning, small Wendy's chili for lunch (210) and fish and veggies for dinner. I find this very satisfying, low calorie, and best of all, little to no cooking!
or could on my UD I count carbs like 40 to 50 carbs or should I be counting cals.....
Calories, calories, calories. If you want to watch carbs, that's entirely up to you, but JUDDD requires strict adherence to calorie counts. I track mine on an on-line tracker and after a little bit, it's easy peasy.
any help with be great...thanks
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #229
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:

I need to go to Barnes and Noble and get the book The alternate day diet, but may not go for a few days there.......

going to Michigan on Tues Feb 19th for two weeks for my granddaughter's 1st birthday.. so do not know how I will be able to do this for that two weeks... may just have to try and watch what I eat... and when I get back on March 4th to re-start JUDDD

thanks for any help
I always just read the ingredient labels on my food and get the calorie amounts from there. Then to track it all there's several free sites you can use (just do a google search). However, when I track my calories I just use a scrap piece of paper and keep it on my kitchen counter (I don't track UDs, just DDs). After you do JUDDD for a while you'll start to memorize the calories in the foods you normally eat

8 hour window-there's several IF (intermittent fasting) plans out there-JUDDD/ADF (alternate day fasting), 5 hour window, 8 hour window, and then 5:2 are the most popular. An eating window just means you eat all your calories for the day in a specific amount of time. This will put you in 'fasting' mode longer than if you spread out your food/calories over the whole day, and may help with weight loss and enhance the health benefits associated with IF. If you google Fast-5 you can print out a free ebook about the 5 hour window plan. Otherwise the 8 hour window is getting a lot of buzz right now because a new book has just come out about it, but I can't remember the author's name right now-google 8 hour diet and it should come up though

Last edited by mom23kids; 02-13-2013 at 08:12 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahL View Post
Good morning everyone!

tskb, it is good to see you here! I remember you from another thread on the induction board. Hope JUDDD is the right fit for both of us.
That's was me trying to find something that fits my life and works. I am truly grateful that I found JUDDD thread. Being today is only day 4 I feel more confidient about this then any other WOE that I have ever attempted. Atkins is the only one I ever really lost weight on and I dreaded going back to that restrictive lifestyle. In my heart I knew I couldn't do it long term. This so far seems to be an answer that anyone could do. I hope it is the right fit too!
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:

thanks for any help
Hello and Welcome! I just wanted to chime in here to let you know that your calories sound a bit high to me. I wouldn't want you to not get the results you want by having them too high, but correct me if I'm wrong! When I started JUDDD in September, I weighed 264, not to much different from your current weight per your stats. I used the 20% calculation and my calories were 454/2272. I lost well at those numbers, so I just want to be sure you're getting off to the right start!

We aren't allowed to name certain sites that we use to track our food/weight/calories/etc. I used a free one.

The eight hour window comes from the book The 8-Hour Diet, where 3 days per week, the author recommends you eat all your calories within an 8 hour time period, which results in a 16 hour fast for those days. Some JUDDDers do this, and some don't. If it fits your schedule, great! Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it, especially as you're just starting JUDDD.

Good luck, and keep asking questions!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Survived my second DD and still shocked at how easy it was to get through it. Probably didn't need the glass of wine at the end but still was down 2.3lbs this morning from my start date. I am anxious to get to the end of the week so I can see how my first week went. Thank all of you for answering the repetitive questions. I know it must get tiresome but being knew it is scary to know that you are allowed to choose what you want without quilt. I live with food quilt all my life so retraining the brain is not very easy to do.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #233
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reluctantexan
Stats: 170/155/140
WOE: HFLC
Atkins = Restrictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
That's was me trying to find something that fits my life and works. I am truly grateful that I found JUDDD thread. Being today is only day 4 I feel more confidient about this then any other WOE that I have ever attempted. Atkins is the only one I ever really lost weight on and I dreaded going back to that restrictive lifestyle. In my heart I knew I couldn't do it long term. This so far seems to be an answer that anyone could do. I hope it is the right fit too!
I went back to Atkins in 2008 in earnest. I decided that I absolutely HAD to lose my extra lbs. I've been living that life ever since and I don't lose at all. That is what brings me here to JUDDD. I'm not even a week in yet, so I have nothing to report.

What I gave up on Atkins was:
Sugar
Bread
Rice
Potatoes

For the most part, I've been eating nothing but meat, salad and fat for all these years.

What I got by giving up these foods:
No arthritis pain
No joint pain
No need for prescription drugs (I choose to take HRT)

I don't know why Atkins doesn't work for me any more. I first went on it in 1972 and in the intervening years, I've been on every diet known/published, including a 1978 version of HCG. Except JUDDD.

I'm trying to stay LCHF because I don't want my pains to come back. Yes, I want to lose lbs. but most of all, I want to be healthy.

I support you in your efforts and welcome any insights you might have....yes, I understand Calories, Calories, Calories.
reluctantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #234
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
Survived my second DD and still shocked at how easy it was to get through it. Probably didn't need the glass of wine at the end but still was down 2.3lbs this morning from my start date. I am anxious to get to the end of the week so I can see how my first week went. Thank all of you for answering the repetitive questions. I know it must get tiresome but being knew it is scary to know that you are allowed to choose what you want without quilt. I live with food quilt all my life so retraining the brain is not very easy to do.
Sherri
Are you hungry on DD? I am starving as I type! I upped my calories to 25%. Now if I go over 500 I won't feel like I failed.I have one more week of induction first though before using the new numbers.

I feel the very same way as you do(lived with food guilt all my life).I have been on every diet I can think of HCG(for nearly a year & lost 40lbs but gained back 16 before JUDDDD) to WW(lost 70lbs on it a looong time ago) Atkins lasted about four days Many others.... but now JUDDD. Which so far I like it ALOT and seems to fit my lifestyle.Please keep us informed on your loss. I lost 2lbs my first week and here you have lost that much already.CONGRATULATIONS

Last edited by Berta48; 02-13-2013 at 08:37 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great job Sherri! I hope it'll be a good fit for you too!

Tex, I love Atkins as well, and my body sure does feel better when I'm restricting carbs, especially flour and sugar. But I stalled out, and looking back, I believe it was because I was consuming too many calories, as well as too much protein. At any rate, that's when I found JUDDD and I love it!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks Mom23 for all your info...

LoCarbGal - I also thought those numbers were too high..... so think that I will start with DD 500 and UD 2200......and I always write down everything I eat.... but with carb counting it was so easy for me... but I am sure that with the cal... it will get easy in time..... and I do tend to pretty much eat the same foods... so I will learn the numbers for my food...

I am excited to do this...... again with going to Michigan next Tues... I will not be able to really do it up there..... will be hard eating with my family.... at home it is just me..... but will watch and be careful of what I eat in Michigan...

again thanks for all your help..... looking forward to starting a new life plan..

one thing... going to my Dr and Dietitian on Friday... do not know if I will tell them what I will be doing.... I think they will be angry at me for going to follow this plan... BUT this is my body.... and even being a diabetic... I really do think that this will work for me..... I need to get this weight off......

have any of you spoken with your Doctors
Old 02-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #237
Blabbermouth!!!

wow LoCarbGal - just noticed your numbers..... WTG....... hope one day I will be there with you.... great job.... you inspire me
Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Welcome everyone! Paw when I put my numbers in the calculator sometimes I get the wrong # of calories too, usually it's because i forgot to say that my weight was in pounds, and then the calculator gives me too many calories.
I told my doctor I'm watching my calories, that's all I say to find calories in stuff, I just google the word i'm looking for, like "calories in small apple" or "calories in potatoes" and I will get lots of results.

Berta, I , too am purty hunry on my DDs...It does get a little better, and remember, chicken broth is helpful, you need sodium, so want to make sure you are getting some salt. also many here use hard boiled eggs to help them curb their appetite. Also, bone broth is very good for about 40 calories a cup. there is a thread on bone broth. and it's good for you too
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Sherri
Are you hungry on DD? I am starving as I type! I upped my calories to 25%. Now if I go over 500 I won't feel like I failed.I have one more week of induction first though before using the new numbers.

I feel the very same way as you do(lived with food guilt all my life).I have been on every diet I can think of HCG(for nearly a year & lost 40lbs but gained back 16 before JUDDDD) to WW(lost 70lbs on it a looong time ago) Atkins lasted about four days Many others.... but now JUDDD. Which so far I like it ALOT and seems to fit my lifestyle.Please keep us informed on your loss. I lost 2lbs my first week and here you have lost that much already.CONGRATULATIONS
I am shocked that I am not as hungry as I thought I would be on my DD's. But on my UD I truly eat whatever I want and don't restrict anything at all. My first UD I had a Whataburger with cheese and fries and for dinner a ribeye steak and baked potato loaded. Still came under 2,000 calories. I really only ate like that to test to see how much it would be calorie wise to see if I had a completely off day what it would look like. My first DD was miserable but yesterday I didn't have anything(except water) till lunch then had a 70 calorie cup of progresso chicken noodle soup and 2 crackers and last nigth BF was not feeling well so instead of shrimp I had another cup of potato cheese and bacon soup light 100 calories with 3 crackers. I work in an office alone so nothing to tempt me but between lunch and dinner I chewed flavored gum to give my mouth something to do and taste. I do think that helped. After reading all the post the thing I see most stressed is are you eating enough on UD? I'm going to make sure I hit the 2,000 calorie mark. We are celebrating Valetines tonight so I will be able to enjoy without worrying. Anxious to see how my week ends on the scales.
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

hot-in-texas - thanks for the info... and I agree... will just tell my Dr that I will be watching my calories, so she does not get angry at me and then I will do what I want....