Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugluv9802 View Post
Thank you. I have started my morning with a cup of coffee and 2 teaspoons of coffeemate, 20 cal. Not too bad, I am also drinking a water, so hopefully I can hold off on the shakes to much later in the morning, I guess its a work in progress.
Lynn,
Consider adding fresh lemon to your water. For some reason that really helps me stay satisfies beyond regular water.
Well done!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Lynn,
Consider adding fresh lemon to your water. For some reason that really helps me stay satisfies beyond regular water.
Well done!!
I agree. On occasion I even add a drop of ez-sweetz. I find if I need to drink more water the lemon and drop of ez-sweetz gets me to consume more.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Cindy Lou that is so wonderful. I am thrilled for you.

Mojocat, there is a lot of discussion about the UD calories. You are correct in pointing out that he says you don't have to eat up all your Cals on an UD. But many people have hungrier DDs as a consequence of eating below their cals on the UD. Hungy DDs can lead to diet fatigue and that can lead to abandoning the whole thing... just saying.

He also says that you don't necessarily need to count your calories on an UD, simply eat 'normally'. Now for many of us here, when we start JUDDDing, we have no idea what eating 'normally' means. Why else would we be carrying 100s of extra pounds?

I think following the numbers as closely as possible for at least a couple of months is advisable. Now that doesn't mean to the nth degree on each and every day. But it is interesting to see that most of our JUDDD stars did just that, day in day out. Because it works.

Berta, you and me, we both love to keep our UDs as high as possible I can tell. No need to drop them unless you hit a stall and then it is worth going back to the calculator to see where they should be.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #64

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Cindy--Kissa (to keep from any confusion). That is a great post. I am trying to JUDDD right now and wish to NOT count anything. I am doing shakes for my DDs (I have tons of protein powder and it is easy) and want to just "eat normal" for my UDs. That is my plan and I am glad to see you post it is OK to do so. Whew!!! Looking forward to my first shake in a few!!
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pugluv9802
Stats: 193.8/168.2/150/ 5'10
WOE: Going to try JUDD 1-13-14
Start Date: 12/01/2013
On DD, I have decided to fix things for dinner that I don't care for, but the family likes. I think that will be much easier on me, and the family gets what they like. Sorta a win/win.
pugluv9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #66

Lynn I do that too! Sneaky but it works for me.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pugluv9802
Stats: 193.8/168.2/150/ 5'10
WOE: Going to try JUDD 1-13-14
Start Date: 12/01/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Lynn I do that too! Sneaky but it works for me.
Great minds
pugluv9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hi! I am excited to report that I am now able to skip thru breakfast on Down Days without any hunger!!! Now IF I could train my body to skip thru lunch! That might be really hard! I drink a cup of hot tea and water and it seems to get me thru til noon.

I have eaten 500-650 calorie DD this first month on JUDDD. (My 1 month JUDDDiversary will be this Sunday!) I have lost about 7.5 pounds so far in my first month.

Any tips or advice Kissa?
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #69
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Cindy Lou that is so wonderful. I am thrilled for you.

Mojocat, there is a lot of discussion about the UD calories. You are correct in pointing out that he says you don't have to eat up all your Cals on an UD. But many people have hungrier DDs as a consequence of eating below their cals on the UD. Hungy DDs can lead to diet fatigue and that can lead to abandoning the whole thing... just saying.

He also says that you don't necessarily need to count your calories on an UD, simply eat 'normally'. Now for many of us here, when we start JUDDDing, we have no idea what eating 'normally' means. Why else would we be carrying 100s of extra pounds?

I think following the numbers as closely as possible for at least a couple of months is advisable. Now that doesn't mean to the nth degree on each and every day. But it is interesting to see that most of our JUDDD stars did just that, day in day out. Because it works.

Berta, you and me, we both love to keep our UDs as high as possible I can tell. No need to drop them unless you hit a stall and then it is worth going back to the calculator to see where they should be.
I didn't get way over 200 by NOT eating
BUT I do with all my heart want to loose this weight.My life is nearly spent I am 65 in Aug and I would love to leave this world at least looking normalwhenever the good Lord choose to take me home

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Cindy--Kissa (to keep from any confusion). That is a great post. I am trying to JUDDD right now and wish to NOT count anything. I am doing shakes for my DDs (I have tons of protein powder and it is easy) and want to just "eat normal" for my UDs. That is my plan and I am glad to see you post it is OK to do so. Whew!!! Looking forward to my first shake in a few!!
Dawn you will do this you have the strength.But remember you don't have much to loose anyway, so it may come harder for you.

Quote:
Berta, don't worry too much about the carbs, unless you are planning to combine JUDDD and Atkins. As has been said, 52 carbs is not a lot when compared to how most of the world eats, but wouldn't work on a strict Low Carb plan.

If you simply make good healthy choices with lots of fruit and vegetables along with great proteins and some lovely treats you will do fine. I love to see all the questions you ask, everyone benefits from an enquiring mind.
I'm gald you don't mind the questions cause I have a ton of them.
Just ask Dawn, she knows from RX HCG I am slow to catch on but once I got it I got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy-lou View Post
Good Morning

I just finished my first week of JUDDD and I listened very carefully to what these ladies had to say...and after a LONG 8 week of "stalling" on LC....I lost 5 lbs in my first week on JUDDD

I did as low as I could on my DD and had ALL my calories on my UD

These ladies know what they are talking about
CONGRATULATIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
Hi! I am excited to report that I am now able to skip thru breakfast on Down Days without any hunger!!! Now IF I could train my body to skip thru lunch! That might be really hard! I drink a cup of hot tea and water and it seems to get me thru til noon.

I have eaten 500-650 calorie DD this first month on JUDDD. (My 1 month JUDDDiversary will be this Sunday!) I have lost about 7.5 pounds so far in my first month.

Any tips or advice Kissa?
Conratulations on your losses KUTGW.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #70

Natasha It seems to me you don't need any tips or advice, you are doing brilliantly. I remember you here just about the time you got married, don't I? I love you smile.

Roberta, I am 65.5 already and I hope to be here a lot longer yet, lol.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #71
Berta48

Quote:
Natasha It seems to me you don't need any tips or advice, you are doing brilliantly. I remember you here just about the time you got married, don't I? I love you smile.

Yes I do too. That was just a little jesting thereI will be here a lot longer if I get this weight off tooYou don't look 65.5
People tell me I don't look as old as I am either.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cindy-lou
Stats: 257/234/170
WOE: JUDDD-01/31/13
Start Date: Nov 7 2012 LC
Thanks everyone

Quote:
On DD, I have decided to fix things for dinner that I don't care for, but the family likes. I think that will be much easier on me, and the family gets what they like. Sorta a win/win.
I do the same thing
Cindy-lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Quote:

Kissa - Yes I was! I tried JUDDD last May and did pretty good on it sort of maintaing my HCG loss. I wanted to know that I could do it! But then came August...my birthday and lots of other excuses with holidays being a few. So unfortunately, I gained back 10 pounds. I'm so ashamed! I did get married last July! I love how you remembered!

I want to do JUDDD til I get to goal and then use it to maintain forever if necessary!! I've been able to sort of finagle my way around not having to have two UD in a row for a whole month! I'm so proud! I even thought about doing an MD for super bowl but then realized it wasn't worth it plus it would mess up my rotations. It also helps that this year I've put my foot down to save money so not partaking in all the eating out several times a week with my friends is helping me stay on rotation as well!

I noticed you'd mentioned in another thread to a newbie "you are allowed 500 for the first two weeks". So I figured you'd recommend me lowering my DD to what the calculator says. I'm going to try really hard starting this Saturday to do just that!

P.S. Your smile is amazing too!

Natasha

Last edited by BaileysGirl; 02-07-2013 at 10:19 AM..
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #74

Roberta, you don't look your age at all. 65 is the new 40 you know!

You have proved you know how to JUDDD Natasha. Doing regular rotations especially in that first month is such a bonus, It really gets the Sirtuin going and helps us feel energised and lose more quickly.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
I agree with what people tell you Berta you don't look 64!!!! Unless that photo was taken 20 years ago.

I don't know what it's like to eat in a "normal" manner. I was either bingeing or restricting. I guess the calories we get from the calculator is a general guideline for what normal should be for us.

I would like to have a normal relationship with food and stop it being constantly on my mind and just get on with life. I want to just eat when I'm hungry and then not think about it. I hope JUDDD will be the key to this and fix this broken signal. It really is so stupid when I think it about it...it's only food - why do I let it rule me.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #76

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
I agree with what people tell you Berta you don't look 64!!!! Unless that photo was taken 20 years ago.

I don't know what it's like to eat in a "normal" manner. I was either bingeing or restricting. I guess the calories we get from the calculator is a general guideline for what normal should be for us.

I would like to have a normal relationship with food and stop it being constantly on my mind and just get on with life. I want to just eat when I'm hungry and then not think about it. I hope JUDDD will be the key to this and fix this broken signal. It really is so stupid when I think it about it...it's only food - why do I let it rule me.

I could have written this post We can do this!! I look forward to the day when I can be "normal" with food too. I am either on a very strict diet or waaay off any eating plan. Never in between. Need to stop that mentality.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aussiegirl!
Stats: My Goal Is = 135
WOE: Researching HCG
Start Date: Soon!!!
Hi just popping in to mark my spot on the Feb newbies thread. Started yesterday with a DD so today is an UP!

I have about 65lbs to lose and will be doing JUDD low carbish mainly to keep my hunger at bay but I am definitely not going to be religious about that part just the cals which continently enough I already track in a journal and enjoy doing.

I got married 1 year and 4 months ago and as a my goal reward hubby has agreed to me begging to redo our wedding pics so that is a massive carrot for me!!!

Have a nice day all

Jen
Aussiegirl! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aussiegirl!
Stats: My Goal Is = 135
WOE: Researching HCG
Start Date: Soon!!!
Um continently was meant to be conveniently...Blaming it on getting used to the iPad - the 2nd love of my life
Aussiegirl! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
hmmm, I would do this too, but i like everything
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #80

Even cucumber?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tekla
Stats: 201/181.6/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 1/21/13
Quote:
That is exactly what I was thinking!
tekla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil69 View Post
Food for thought - no pun intended.....ok forget it....i meant the pun

This is what made me give JUDDD'ing a go....this fellow ultimately chooses the 5:2 approach but in the end the health benefits are compelling either way

Hope you are as inspired by this video as I am.....

BBC - Eat, Fast And Live Longer (Jedz, p˘sti sa a

C
Thanks for posting this!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #83

Scalestepper, I am currently reading his book The Fast Diet. It answers so many of the questions here. It is more up to date than the Alternate Day Diet although he mentions ADF a lot.

I think the program did so much good.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alison
Stats: -169.5-/-157.5-/-98-
Start Date: 01/11/2013
Question: I'm noticing drops, stalls, and drops again on JUDDD, and while I'm almost at my 1 month mark (4 more days!) I definitely noticed how breaking rotations (be it two UD in a row or two MD in a row) can really bite me in the butt!

I'm pretty comfortable at the 500 cals on my down days, should I stick to that another month and see how that takes me? Or should I be dropping down to my DD that the calculator suggests?

I'm VERY nervous to only have 300-ish cals to work with on DD, the 500 is tough too, but I'm definitely accustomed to what I can and can't have, and am managing it pretty well on the 500.

Or, should I wait until I have ~10 days of good rotations and a stall on the scale to drop it down?
Alison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #85

Alison why not aim for you 300ish number? If it creeps up to 400 are 500, you haven't failed, just stayed as you are now. But every calorie you don't eat on a DD is a bonus right?

I have to say, good rotations are such a great way to see steady losses.

But the scale...she bounces, that is a fact of JUDDD.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Even cucumber?
Too funny, Cindy!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alison
Stats: -169.5-/-157.5-/-98-
Start Date: 01/11/2013
Thanks Cindy/Kissa!

I will try that for tomorrow. I'm nervous, to say the least!

When I try to plan my day, 9 times out of 10 it goes right out the window. I know what I can/can't have, and on my DD I will have cravings for stuff I *can* have (thank goodness) but it always ruins my plans I had set up beforehand.

I think the next thing I tackle is trying to maintain my composure and NOT turn DD into MD when I go out with friends. It is SO hard, though.
Alison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

I have found that any time I plan for a MD, it turns into a UD. It seems I either have to severely restrict or eat my UD cals. On occasion I don't hit my UD numbers (by accident!), but simply thinking, oh it's an MD, makes me eat too much.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
hmmm, I would do this too, but i like everything
Me too, lol. The only thing I can think of would be gizzards, that bf likes, but I don't really know how to cook them. Plus, I probably would be able to stomach a bite or two of fried gizzards on a DD!!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #90
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post

Thank you no that picture was taken after I lost my first 20lbs on RXHCG last year.
Quote:

You have proved you know how to JUDDD Natasha. Doing regular rotations especially in that first month is such a bonus, It really gets the Sirtuin going and helps us feel energised and lose more quickly.

Thanks.
I wish I were 40 again. But I probably wouldn't have changed a thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekla View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking!
Thank you too.You gals make me feel so good but yet embarrased too.I don't take compliments easy.But getting better at it.