Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i know what the sprinkles are. i have seen the commercials. i looked it up to see what the ingredients were. you know what it was?? our super secret <whispers> ((((glucomanan))) i told my hubby when i looked it up...i have a whole bag of that stuff in the cupboard!! lol!!
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #422
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Glucomannan will fill you up too and it is a lot cheaper than that. Can be ordered from netrition.

Looks like we were posting at the same time

Last edited by adillenal; 02-25-2013 at 12:17 PM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #423
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh that is amazing. Good old JUDDD standby Gluc.

Roberta, you are right, I should be careful saying that...
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
i think I know what the sprinkles are too. Millionaire matchmaker Patti Stanger says she lost weight w/it, she does look good. I saw the inventor of it on the Dr Oz show, he said there is also flavoring in the sprinkels-salty or sweet. Let us know how it works out, I have been interested to see if it really works, on a real person!
BTW, I was born in ST. Jo, but haven't been back since I was one!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Oh, please don't feel bad Terri. Just count your lower weight as being your loss this week. Our bodies can't read the calendar remember.

It is important to accept that 'The scale, she Bounces!' That used to be one of the things we said around here often when I was starting out. Time we were all reminded about that.

Nice work JMBM, you must feel good.
Thank you Kissa. I feel very good. I had tried for months just keeping the same daily calorie count with minimal success and was getting so discouraged. It makes me very happy to see the scales going down. I dont care if it's just 0.2 every other day. At least the numbers are moving in the right direction. And this time I am making sure to drink, drink, drink. I had read that on the JUDDD website and have been trying to be faithful in carrying that out.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #426
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i know what the sprinkles are. i have seen the commercials. i looked it up to see what the ingredients were. you know what it was?? our super secret <whispers> ((((glucomanan))) i told my hubby when i looked it up...i have a whole bag of that stuff in the cupboard!! lol!!
WOW thnaks I will go to Netrition!!!!!

Quote:
Oh that is amazing. Good old JUDDD standby Gluc.

Roberta, you are right, I should be careful saying that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
i think I know what the sprinkles are too. Millionaire matchmaker Patti Stanger says she lost weight w/it, she does look good. I saw the inventor of it on the Dr Oz show, he said there is also flavoring in the sprinkels-salty or sweet. Let us know how it works out, I have been interested to see if it really works, on a real person!
BTW, I was born in ST. Jo, but haven't been back since I was one!
I have decided to not buy it.I am going to try the Gluc at netrition first!!!
You girls ROCK
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #427
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Berta - when I started JUDDD I used a lot of gluc. Sprinkled in broth, gluc pudding etc.
I still use it every once in awhile but a little goes a long way and my bag is still half full.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
I'm so sorry to hear about all the losses in your life Sherri. Please know that everyone here is always around to listen. I have sister with Lupus and it's a terrible disease. Hang in there!
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I did a bit more reading on the '"sprinkles" and it is a kind of glutamate in it. They claim it is not MSG, but reacts the same way. That is quite different from glucomannan.

You couldn't just sprinkle glucomannan on all of your foods without mixing it with something to spread it out.

Berta, there are a lot of gluc recipes out there and they really do help fill you up.

There are some good reviews on the big Internet book store about the sprinkles - not very encouraging, though!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ugh...it's bugging me. i KNOW i googled one of those sprinkle things and the only ingredient was gluc. it's not sensa and it's not hydroxycut sprinkles. i wonder what else it could have been??
Old 02-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #431
Berta48

This what I found to be the ingredients of S sprinkle.

Maltrodextrin
Maltrodextrin can be derived from any starch, but the maltrodextrin found in S is derived from corn, according to the S website. This ingredient is a common food additive and is often used as a sugar substitute.

Tricalcium Phosphate
Tricalcium phosphate is a mineral often used as a dietary supplement or electrolyte replacement agent. It increases serum calcium by directly affecting bones, the kidneys and the gastrointestinal tract, and it also reduces mineral release and collagen breakdown in bone. This ingredient may cause unpleasant side effects, such as headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, dizziness, a mild decrease in blood pressure, an increase in urination and joint pain. Talk to a doctor if you have these or other side effects after taking Sensa.

Inactive Ingredients
S(left name out) also contains a number of inactive ingredients, which helps during the manufacturing process or are intended to make S more appealing. These inactive ingredients include silica and natural and artificial flavors. S also contains milk and soy ingredients.

I am so glad everyone looks out for one another on this thread!
I'm sticking with JUDDD and adding in gluc. from Netrition I believe if nothing else it will help me on my DD.

Last edited by Berta48; 02-25-2013 at 07:17 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #432
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Glucomannan will fill you up too and it is a lot cheaper than that. Can be ordered from netrition.

Looks like we were posting at the same time
Thanks I am going to order the Natures way I think that was the name at Netrition.. They also have some that is for food thickner in a bag.I use to use the Thick not Thin thickener but the company went out of business,so now I can use this instead.But I will buy the capsules for the weight loss.
thanks!!I really need something to help me on my DD.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Quote:
Oh Sherri, what a tough time you are having, my heart goes out to you.

Try to stay positive and be thankful for their friendship. You will do fine, and if you have a small gain it will be gone soon enough if you get in some good rotations.
Thanks Kissa it has been a rough emotional month but staying focused. I am starting to understand the UD are so important but what do you do at the end of an UD and you are short calories? I really want to try and stay away from alcohol even though I won't be that successful but what else do you have to fill in those calorie gaps?
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyvet View Post
Stacy!

Sherri, I am so sorry you are having a rough time! My heart truly goes out to you.
Thank you Stacy. I haven't had to go to a funeral in over 15 years and 3 in one month and it's the shortest month of the year! Just too much. But staying focused and not going to go off plan.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #435
Berta48

Morning JUDDD BUDS
I ordered 2 bottles of the Natures Way Glucomanan from Netrition. 3 tablets before each meal with water.I hope it helps with my DD hunger!!! And the weight loss.I saw where the kind in the bag is for thickening food not for weight loss,Or did I read that wrong?

Have any of you taken the Carb blockers from Netrition and if so do they work well and help with weight losses?

Well I was up after my MD and weigh the same as I did on Feb15th.This is the best WOE I have ever been on but also the
s-l-o-w-e-s-t weight loss!Today is a DD, so I will see how I do in the a.m. since I am suppose to weigh after a DD.

Hope you all are well and your WOE going good for you.It certainly is a life long battle!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 02-26-2013 at 09:43 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about all the losses in your life Sherri. Please know that everyone here is always around to listen. I have sister with Lupus and it's a terrible disease. Hang in there!
Thank you. I am sorry about your sister. I really know nothing about the disease as she looked so health and happy when we worked together but that was several years ago.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Morning JUDDD BUDS
I ordered 2 bottles of the Natures Way Glucomanan from Netrition. 3 tablets before each meal with water.I hope it helps with my DD hunger!!! And the weight loss.I saw where the kind in the bag is for thickening food not for weight loss,Or did I read that wrong?

Have any of you taken the Carb blockers from Netrition and if so do they work well and help with weight losses?

Well I was up after my MD and weigh the same as I did on Feb15th.This is the best WOE I have ever been on but also the
s-l-o-w-e-s-t weight loss!Today is a DD, so I will see how I do in the a.m. since I am suppose to weigh after a DD.

Hope you all are well and your WOE going good for you.It certainly is a life long battle!!!
they are the same. one is just in capsule form, one in bulk. you can use the bulk in the same way as taking a capsule. you can make a pudding (water, gluc, cocoa powder, sweetener) with it and it would act in the same way as taking the capsules. what's in the capsules shouldn't be any different than the bulk, just easier to take it directly.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #438

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
Thanks Kissa it has been a rough emotional month but staying focused. I am starting to understand the UD are so important but what do you do at the end of an UD and you are short calories? I really want to try and stay away from alcohol even though I won't be that successful but what else do you have to fill in those calorie gaps?
Butter on your veggies, nuts, nut butters, chocolate, avocados, cheese . . . I can think of tons of ways to get my calories up without much bulk.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i always when i read people saying they can't eat all their cals or how do they up their cals... i'd like to know the opposite!!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #440
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm with you Dazygyrl! In the beginning, I mean the very beginning, I struggled. But that went away fast! I guess I just like high calorie density foods. Must be why low carb worked so well for me for so long...
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
Chocolate! I love black chocolate.

Cream, on or in anything, butter, cheese, and all the things Dawn said
Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
i always when i read people saying they can't eat all their cals or how do they up their cals... i'd like to know the opposite!!
I think, for me, I've spent my whole friggin' life watching what goes in my mouth. Now, this might seem like the ultimate oxymoron being that I'm here and have also spent most of my friggin' life dieting. I am one that has to make sure I eat up to my UD, which I just started doing since I feel like I'm stuck in a hamster's wheel. I'd intended to do that when I began again last month. But, I thought, okay just eat double and some extra on an UD. My head says that's enough, but when I finally plugged a typical UD into a food calculator, it wasn't. Last year, pre-surgery, when I was stuck, I found I was shy several hundred calories of my UD numbers and I would have swore on my life I was probably overdoing it!!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #443
Berta48

Quote:
I'm with you!
I have to actually talk to myself, fight with myself to keep from going over DD.And sometimes I go over on UDBut not often with the UD.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

I could easily go over on my UDs by 1000 calories. Easily.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Don't get me wrong 99.9% of the time reaching my UD calories will not be a problem. Just when getting closer to the end of the day and I see that I am short I was just curious what some quick go to healthy snacks would push me over the top if needed.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

If it were me, I would do a couple tablepoons of peanut butter, yummy!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Thank you all for the warm and loving welcome...

I am truly ready to do this, and am going to love being with such a caring, informative group...

My story real quick is I lost over 90 in less than a yr a few years ago but doing vlc..as in less than 10 carbs for that time..the pounds and inches just dropped off it seemed like...Then life hit me in the face and I went off all plans and have gained it back...I have not got on the scales yet, but I will Mon morning...

I am trying to not let the stress get the best of me....But I am currently going through ALOT...I refuse though to let it have the best of me..Time for ME to have control......I am ready to get this weight back off and get back in my old clothes

I am 45 and have been in menopause for 3 yrs now...I also suffer from major migraines, thyroid issues and insomnia...It is a daily struggle, but I am feeling pretty good now...

I am snowed in today ( I am a elem school librarian),. and have been spending the day making menus, figuring cals and carbs etc....I have done hcg before, so my DD should be easy... I am going to also watch my carbs at the same time, but not be SO MUCH worried about them, that I fail....I also believe the reason it was SO EASY for me to gain back is the fact that I had eaten so very low carb, that the first bites of carbs, even healthy my body grabbed onto...this time I am NOT going to be afraid of healthy carbs

Sorry I wrote a book, but wanted to give a little background...I am excited to get to know each one of you and be a cheerleader on this journey

Look out Monday and JUDDD here I come.....I know I should start sooner, but honestly I want to get all my favs in before I began...I know that sounds horrible, but I know for me personally, if I dont do it, then i will not succeed

Stacy
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh

Last edited by Missouri_Librarian; 02-26-2013 at 03:40 PM..
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #448

You have been through a lot Stacy but it seems that your time is now!

You have the right attitude and you understand the plan. You will soon be posting your success I am sure.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Quote:
You have been through a lot Stacy but it seems that your time is now!

You have the right attitude and you understand the plan. You will soon be posting your success I am sure.
Thank you....I am still dealing with some stress ( seperation....child custody mess...work/budget issues..personal financial issues...uncle on hospice with cancer) whew i sound like a big ole mess....BUT your right, this is MY time, I am taking control back and will better myself, mind, body and spirit
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post

Look out Monday and JUDDD here I come.....I know I should start sooner, but honestly I want to get all my favs in before I began...I know that sounds horrible, but I know for me personally, if I dont do it, then i will not succeed

Stacy
Nothing is off limits on JUDDD- you can eat anything you want as long as you respect your calories. If you want 3 slices of pizza and french fries and that fits your UD number... you can have it. On DD you can eat 300 calories worth of creme brulee if you want. It may not be very filling, but it's not off plan. It's a whole new mind set, but truly freeing!!! I plan to do a DD one day where I eat nothing but WW's chocolate fudgesicles!!!! They are yummy and only 45 calories- I could eat 5 or 6 for the whole day if I want!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote