Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/220/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Only 5 more days left of the induction phase. Super excited! After being out in the rain all day yesterday I woke up sick so this has been the easiet DD for me by far.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Five days of JUDDD, three down two up. Weight down 2.2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Only 5 more days left of the induction phase. Super excited! After being out in the rain all day yesterday I woke up sick so this has been the easiet DD for me by far.
Aww, sorry you're feeling bad
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #393
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 16th, 2014
Late entry for me today
But I was down another pound this morning after my DD.I did go over some but tody was UD adn I went as high as I could.I ate what I wanted but didn't gorge.It was hard to count calories as we ate lunch with friends out at the Lake restaurant.My favoirte place here.

Tomorrow is my MD so I will weigh in the morning I actually feel I will be up a bit, but I don't worry so much about it any longer.I am learning that is just Juddd

With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.
Roberta

Started Low Carb April10th 2014
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Late entry for me today
But I was down another pound this morning after my DD.I did go over some but tody was UD adn I went as high as I could.I ate what I wanted but didn't gorge.It was hard to count calories as we ate lunch with friends out at the Lake restaurant.My favoirte place here.

Tomorrow is my MD so I will weigh in the morning I actually feel I will be up a bit, but I don't worry so much about it any longer.I am learning that is just Juddd
Does that restaurant have seafood Berta? I was born in Missouri btw-is that what MO is?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Hi all....Just marking my spot and following you all, as I am considering starting JUDDD...Long story short about 1 1/2 yrs ago, I lost about 90 pounds doing very low carb..it came off fast, in less than a year....Life hit me in the face, with some major stress and i went off any plan and have gained it back...I am still going through some issues, but I am refusing to let it dictate my health and the way I feel any longer

BTW, I am hypothryoid and in menopause and my cholesterol is very high due to thyroid issues and heredity....I also suffer from insomnia....oh fun

I look forward to following you all and joining soon,,,I am preparing for this, mentally and with menus

Great job on all the success I have seen you all have.....GREAT JOB....

Stacy
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh

Last edited by Missouri_Librarian; 02-24-2013 at 10:24 PM..
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

And speaking of Missouri.... Stacy!
BTW, I am hypothyroid too, and there are a few others here as well.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you so much for that welcome...

Yep, I am a missouri gal, close to kansas city...

I am really ready for this, I look back on my pics and was a size 10....now i am more like a 20..sigh

I am hoping the stress I am dealing with and the insomnia doesnt hurt me in my weight loss...I am working on those as well, as my weight loss journey

I am getting my mind ready for this, as i refuse to fail

thanks again for the welcome and all the good info I am acquiring thus far
Old 02-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just did the calculator and got my numbers...

DD..442 cals
UD....2209 cals...wow that seems high to me...YIKES...but i know it is important to hit at that or very close to for this to work,, correct????
Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 AM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Hope you are feeling better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post

DD..442 cals
UD....2209 cals...wow that seems high to me...YIKES...but i know it is important to hit at that or very close to for this to work,, correct????
It is impartant to stick with those numbers, but aside from that there isn't much else you have to do. JUDDD is very simple and very freeing.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:37 AM   #400
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Hi all....Just marking my spot and following you all, as I am considering starting JUDDD...Long story short about 1 1/2 yrs ago, I lost about 90 pounds doing very low carb..it came off fast, in less than a year....Life hit me in the face, with some major stress and i went off any plan and have gained it back...I am still going through some issues, but I am refusing to let it dictate my health and the way I feel any longer

BTW, I am hypothryoid and in menopause and my cholesterol is very high due to thyroid issues and heredity....I also suffer from insomnia....oh fun

I look forward to following you all and joining soon,,,I am preparing for this, mentally and with menus

Stacy
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #401
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:

DD..442 cals
It won't seem high for long. You will quickly get used to your UD calories if you're like most of us, but yes it's good to get close to your numbers. On DD's you can go as low as you are comfortable.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #402
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Missouri Librarian. As Cindy says, you'll be surprised how easy it is to enjoy all those UD calories. I hope you enjoy JUDDDing, it is so simple really, and fits easily into most lifestyles.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Good morning everyone hope you had a great successful weekend. I did okay and down
1lb today so that is 2 since I started 2 weeks ago. It has been one of the most challenging two weeks I have had in a long time. Attended a funeral of a childhood friends father who lost his battle with lung cancer and learned yesterday that a previous co-worker that I worked with for 12 years lost her battle with Lupus. She would of been 44 today. This will be 3 funerals I have attended in 3 weeks. What an emotional rollercoaster! Seeing someone who pass from lung cancer is very difficult and shocking. Seeing someone who is 2 years younger than you is going to be devasting. Trying to stay focused so I can have a hugely succesful week.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

DD..442 cals
Yes numbers freaked me out as well. The DD will be get easier and UD you will be grateful for them. Good Luck!
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Late entry for me today

You have done so well. I hope to be more focused this week as I have not been hitting my UD numbers and going over on my DD. Keep up the good work!
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #406

Oh Sherri, what a tough time you are having, my heart goes out to you.

Try to stay positive and be thankful for their friendship. You will do fine, and if you have a small gain it will be gone soon enough if you get in some good rotations.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #407
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Sorry you're not feeling well Lili. Take care!

Quote:
Late entry for me today

Roberta, another pound is great! I'm glad you're getting used to the bouncy bounce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Does that restaurant have seafood Berta? I was born in Missouri btw-is that what MO is?
I'm from MO too!

Quote:

Stacy
Stacy! I think you'll really love it here, and have great success. I'm from the K.C. area and know St Jo a little. My best friend's daughter goes to school in Maryville. Small world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
Good morning everyone hope you had a great successful weekend. I did okay and down
1lb today so that is 2 since I started 2 weeks ago. It has been one of the most challenging two weeks I have had in a long time. Attended a funeral of a childhood friends father who lost his battle with lung cancer and learned yesterday that a previous co-worker that I worked with for 12 years lost her battle with Lupus. She would of been 44 today. This will be 3 funerals I have attended in 3 weeks. What an emotional rollercoaster! Seeing someone who pass from lung cancer is very difficult and shocking. Seeing someone who is 2 years younger than you is going to be devasting. Trying to stay focused so I can have a hugely succesful week.
I'm so sorry about your tough times. I lost my cousin to lupus almost 6 months ago. She was 47. It's a horrible disease.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:

Stacy
MO Librarian! Great bunch here. I'm on my first week and have gotten a lot of great info and support.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
As of today I am just shy of losing 3lbs. Today completes my first week of JUDDD. May have lost more since its TOM for me and I usually put on 3 to 4lbs of water weight during that time. So I'm excited to see what the scales read onces I'm off. BTW Berta, I tried the Carbquik for pancakes and didn't like it as much as I did the cookies. Followed the recipe, but prob should have put in some splenda.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Morning All!
Kind of bummed today. Today was my one week anniversary of JUDDD, UD today I weighed in up .20 over Monday's starting weight. I had been down consistently all week so trying not to let this sway me. Maybe just encourage me to make my UDs less of a free for all. I did have some wine Saturday, so it could be a delayed reaction from that. Yesterday was also my first real hard DD, ended up with 595 calories, so maybe my body rebelling some.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #411

Oh, please don't feel bad Terri. Just count your lower weight as being your loss this week. Our bodies can't read the calendar remember.

It is important to accept that 'The scale, she Bounces!' That used to be one of the things we said around here often when I was starting out. Time we were all reminded about that.

Nice work JMBM, you must feel good.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #412

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Morning All!
Kind of bummed today. Today was my one week anniversary of JUDDD, UD today I weighed in up .20 over Monday's starting weight. I had been down consistently all week so trying not to let this sway me. Maybe just encourage me to make my UDs less of a free for all. I did have some wine Saturday, so it could be a delayed reaction from that. Yesterday was also my first real hard DD, ended up with 595 calories, so maybe my body rebelling some.
One thing Pat (SoHappy) does and I found it works well for me too, is to average your daily weigh-ins over the week and compare to the previous week's average. I admit, though, that I play mind games with myself and take whichever is lower (the Monday morning weigh-in, or the weekly average) to keep me motivated, at least I did when I was still losing. It helps when it feels like it's going too slowly or not happening at all.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #413

Well remembered Dawn.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #414
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Yes it does... shrimp. Not sure about any other I know they have catfish.But I had chicken livers & onions.My pastor and I love them!Grosses some people out but we sure like them. It is the ONLY restauraunt I have ever eaten them in that I like.For shrimp our favorite restauraunt here is Colten's. the shrimp is big and very little breading.When you bite into them it is shrimp and not breading

Quote:

Stacy
Stacy
You will love JUDDD! ANyway I sure do.I do hate the bounce of the weight but eventually after a DD it does come back off.My most difficult thing is not going over my DD I am truly trying and hope in the future It won't be a problem for me.

Post often as these ladies know what they are talking bout and are very helpful!!!
I live in Kirksville Mo.Where is it you are from? KC isn't but about 2hrs from us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
So very sorry for all the losses in your life.It is never easy to let someone go.I just lost my mom to Dementia two years ago and it hurts deeply to watch them as you once knew them to go away and turn into someone you don't recognize But my mom was a born again Christian and she put her trust in Jesus so I know in my heart of hearts she is ok now
CONRATULATIONS ON YOUR LOSS KUTGW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Sorry you're not feeling well Lili. Take care!

Roberta, another pound is great! I'm glad you're getting used to the bouncy bounce!

I'm from MO too!

Stacy! I think you'll really love it here, and have great success. I'm from the K.C. area and know St Jo a little. My best friend's daughter goes to school in Maryville. Small world!

I'm so sorry about your tough times. I lost my cousin to lupus almost 6 months ago. She was 47. It's a horrible disease.
I'm getting use to it but I still don't like it
Was up 1 today after losing 2 yesterday.But it was a UD yesterday.Today is my MD so I will weigh wednesday morning after my DD and count that as my loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
As of today I am just shy of losing 3lbs. Today completes my first week of JUDDD. May have lost more since its TOM for me and I usually put on 3 to 4lbs of water weight during that time. So I'm excited to see what the scales read onces I'm off. BTW Berta, I tried the Carbquik for pancakes and didn't like it as much as I did the cookies. Followed the recipe, but prob should have put in some splenda.
Thank you.I myself will probably just stick with Bisquick or Bob Red Mills lc mixes then

Quote:
Morning All!
Terri
Don't be bummed.This plan works it is just an UD DD on the weight as well as the eating
We bought a new French Door stainless steel refrigerator and are having to have our wall built out bigger to accomodate it. But the man doing the work told me he has lost 8 lbs in less than a month and he is using s new thing!He says it really works. I did not put the word in because I am not certain if I am allowed to mention it on the thread I don't want to get kicked off by any means.But he got 2months free.That is all he needs to loose and he says all you do is sprinkle it on anything you eat or drink and he gets so full he can not eat hardly anything.I can not imagine that SO I am ordering some today.I am excited as I need something to give me a boost! Especially on DD.So for 2 free months I cn see then decide if I want to go on purchasing it as he says it's 80 something a month
But if I had 30 more off that would be absolutely AWESOME!!!

You hang in there and KUTGW
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #415

Hope it works... what isn't to love?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
Stacy!

Sherri, I am so sorry you are having a rough time! My heart truly goes out to you.
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
Quote:

We bought a new French Door stainless steel refrigerator and are having to have our wall built out bigger to accomodate it. But the man doing the work told me he has lost 8 lbs in less than a month and he is using s new thing!He says it really works. I did not put the word in because I am not certain if I am allowed to mention it on the thread I don't want to get kicked off by any means.But he got 2months free.That is all he needs to loose and he says all you do is sprinkle it on anything you eat or drink and he gets so full he can not eat hardly anything.I can not imagine that SO I am ordering some today.I am excited as I need something to give me a boost! Especially on DD.So for 2 free months I cn see then decide if I want to go on purchasing it as he says it's 80 something a month
But if I had 30 more off that would be absolutely AWESOME!!!
Berta,

Please be very careful with stuff like this! Read all the fine print...Google reviews on the company and make sure others aren't complaining. Often fly-by-night companies (I obviously have no idea what company you are dealing with or whether they are legit or not) get you into a contract and charge your CC every month. At the very least, you will probably have to make sure you cancel after the 2 free months! These places don't make money shipping out free product...there is probably a catch!!!
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #418

Wise words. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #419
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyvet View Post
Berta,

Please be very careful with stuff like this! Read all the fine print...Google reviews on the company and make sure others aren't complaining. Often fly-by-night companies (I obviously have no idea what company you are dealing with or whether they are legit or not) get you into a contract and charge your CC every month. At the very least, you will probably have to make sure you cancel after the 2 free months! These places don't make money shipping out free product...there is probably a catch!!!
Thank you However the man that told me is our Youth pastor at church and I trust him explicitly! Yes, you do have to cancel before the 2 months are up.
I do appreciate your concern though
Old 02-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #420
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyvet View Post
Berta,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Wise words. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Kissa
OHH Don't say that cause JUDDD sounds to good to be true