Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Well my two week induction is officially over. As I stated before I'm really looking for the health benefits of IF but nun the less I lost 5 lbs. I'm 5 ft. 3 inches and I weigh 128... I have birthed 8 children so I can't expect so much now can I. I have focused on more focused goals and one is a flat or flatter tummy. Kettlebells and tummy exercises and advanced martial arts take up my exercise time...I actually have been very excited to focus on me. With the last one weaned 6 months ago it feels REALLY god to have me back,
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #362
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
Well my two week induction is officially over. As I stated before I'm really looking for the health benefits of IF but nun the less I lost 5 lbs. I'm 5 ft. 3 inches and I weigh 128... I have birthed 8 children so I can't expect so much now can I. I have focused on more focused goals and one is a flat or flatter tummy. Kettlebells and tummy exercises and advanced martial arts take up my exercise time...I actually have been very excited to focus on me. With the last one weaned 6 months ago it feels REALLY god to have me back,
Well it sounds like you are doing great and that you probably don't have much weight you need to lose! But 8 kids!!!! Oh my- you must be one busy lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by motivatedMomma4 View Post
Today is day 5 for me and im down .....5.5 lbs! I know most of it is water weight and the weight loss will slow down, but im still pretty excited :-) I am loving this woe. I know its only been 5 days but this just feels right for me. I dont find the down days to be to hard,I have stocked up on progresso soup and use that as my main meal for the day. I have been tracking all my cals on my up and down days just so I can get a good feel for what a "normal" day should be but I hate counting calories so its just for a baseline..hopefully, lol! The only real issue im having is that I work 3rd shift so Im trying to work out my "days" I have just been not eatime through the night at work,just eating a really late dinner before I go to work so that my days stay the same..other than that I am lovvving it!
That's wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Five days of JUDDD, three down two up. Weight down 2.2.
Woohoo!
Quote:
If you have birthed 8 babies, I have no doubt you can get a flatter tummy!! Awesome to focus on you! And I hope you have lots of help w/all the kiddos!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #364
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Hi JUDDD BUDS
Just wanted to stop in for the day and say hello
Today is a DD for me. SO far pretty good.
Had a baked skinless chicken leg for lunch and SF Jello.
Then it will be popcorn tonight while I am watching TV. 330cal for it.

I have seen wehre several of the ladies have had 2UD in a row. Is that a better thing to do than having a MDJust curious

I figured it all up and looks like I have 5lbs off since starting Feb4th. So I guess that isn't so bad after all
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #365
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hi JUDDD BUDS

I have seen wehre several of the ladies have had 2UD in a row. Is that a better thing to do than having a MDJust curious

I figured it all up and looks like I have 5lbs off since starting Feb4th. So I guess that isn't so bad after all
It depends, I only had 4 MDs in 11.5 months. I hated all 4 of them, so now if I needed to switch my rotation I would just do 2 UDs. This would not work that well if it was every week, but once in 2 or 3 months is fine- I'm sure.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Five days of JUDDD, three down two up. Weight down 2.2.
Way to go Terri! That's awesome!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi JUDDD BUDS

Great job Berta!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW_CARB_LOLA View Post
Hello all!
I started juddd a couple of days ago, in an attempt to end a horrendous stall!
I decided I wanted to still keep it low carb.
My background story is that I have lost all of my weight via permutations of low carb, with the greatest success following Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss diet; but it was so hard because it was low carb, low fat and so it was low calorie.

I decided to try juddd'ing by:

Eating Lyle McDonald's way on DD ( which is high protein so more satiating)
Eating high fat on UD ( practically NK dieting)

So far I have seen the scale dip 1 pound lower than my stalled weight, but I haven't weighed in after an up day!

I also should add I am planning to not count calories on the UD. Is that a recipe for disaster? I mean with being low carb, high fat my choices are very limited anyways!
LC Lola! This is a great group. You'll find lots of support here.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Congrats to you for following Lyle's rapid loss diet. That is a hard diet to follow.

I try to count my UD calories but by the end of the day I give up as I eat too much.... It's only a recipe for disaster in that it messes with my head; the scale is showing me it's working. Today is a DD - the calm after the storm. It is at this time I vow I will do better on my UD's and stick to a plan. The jury is still out whether JUDDD is for me - I feel like on the UD's I have to eat a lot because I won't be having much the next day. I'm trying hard to rein UD's in. It's not a question of willpower, I can be very strong if I need to, but there's some chemical reactions going on that are very hard to control. I'm wondering if the up and down is affecting my Leptin levels.

I'm not sure if it's fuelling an ED and if I want to live like this - feeling disgusting at the end of an UD and kind of deprived on a DD. It's very up and down and makes me obsessed with food i.e what I"m going to eat, what I'm not going to eat, what I can get away with etc.

I come on this forum regularly and read and read to keep going. I'm hoping as time goes on I can get this controlled and ease into JUDDD.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
Congrats to you for following Lyle's rapid loss diet. That is a hard diet to follow.

I try to count my UD calories but by the end of the day I give up as I eat too much.... It's only a recipe for disaster in that it messes with my head; the scale is showing me it's working. Today is a DD - the calm after the storm. It is at this time I vow I will do better on my UD's and stick to a plan. The jury is still out whether JUDDD is for me - I feel like on the UD's I have to eat a lot because I won't be having much the next day. I'm trying hard to rein UD's in. It's not a question of willpower, I can be very strong if I need to, but there's some chemical reactions going on that are very hard to control. I'm wondering if the up and down is affecting my Leptin levels.

I'm not sure if it's fuelling an ED and if I want to live like this - feeling disgusting at the end of an UD and kind of deprived on a DD. It's very up and down and makes me obsessed with food i.e what I"m going to eat, what I'm not going to eat, what I can get away with etc.

I come on this forum regularly and read and read to keep going. I'm hoping as time goes on I can get this controlled and ease into JUDDD.
I'm sorry you are experiencing this. My experience has not been like yours. For me, before I started JUDDD is when I feel like I might have had an eating disorder, as I would constantly eat. But JUDDD has helped with that, and it might all be mental, but I am not constantly eating now. Although I believe in JUDDD, I am sure it is not for everyone. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Texas. I'm not giving up yet. I've been on JUDDD 21 days and am hoping it will settle down when the SIR1 kicks in. I'm not feeling it yet and I know it varies with people.

At the moment I'm doing daily rotations but am thinking that after a month I will transition into M W F with a MD and UP on weekends which may help me mentally, although I have read somewhere on the forum that this isn't as effective as daily rotations....?

PS: Oh no...just to add to my woes... I'm not a junior member anymore....boo hoo I liked being called a junior

Last edited by mojocat; 02-23-2013 at 04:44 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

I think as long as you are losing and not gaining it should be fine. I know that there are a lot of people that do both weekend days as UDs for the whole duration of their weight loss. I would almost suggest that over an MD. Just because an MD, for me, would turn into an UD anyway, lol, and then I would feel guilty, which is not good. The SiRT1 did not seem to kick in for me until 5 weeks.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Can I ask how you knew it kicked in at 5 weeks? What did you feel etc?

Also what rotations were you doing for the 5 weeks?

Sorry for questions.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Can I ask how you knew it kicked in at 5 weeks? What did you feel etc?

Also what rotations were you doing for the 5 weeks?

Sorry for questions.
I'm glad to help in any way I can! Ask away!
After 5 weeks, I was not thinking about food on my DDs, I was able to hold out and not feel deprived. I had sooo much energy and felt calm at the same time, and started to sleep better. I am only at 7 weeks now, so this is fairly new to me. I just feel happy and satisfied, that is the best way to describe it
Old 02-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Sounds good - were they daily rotations or UD's on weekends?
Old 02-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

No, I have done strict rotations the whole time. UD,DD,UD,DD
Old 02-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/142.4/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Terri--that is a a fantastic start Good for you
Hey Dawn Thanks! How are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivatedMomma4 View Post
Today is day 5 for me and im down .....5.5 lbs! I know most of it is water weight and the weight loss will slow down, but im still pretty excited :-) I am loving this woe. I know its only been 5 days but this just feels right for me. I dont find the down days to be to hard,I have stocked up on progresso soup and use that as my main meal for the day. I have been tracking all my cals on my up and down days just so I can get a good feel for what a "normal" day should be but I hate counting calories so its just for a baseline..hopefully, lol! The only real issue im having is that I work 3rd shift so Im trying to work out my "days" I have just been not eatime through the night at work,just eating a really late dinner before I go to work so that my days stay the same..other than that I am lovvving it!
Excellent Job MM4! I love the idea of the Progresso Soup! I have become increasingly against tracking myself. A lot of items are in my head and I just rinse and repeat. Adding the soup.

Quote:
Wow MTM Nice work!

Quote:
Hi JUDDD BUDS

Great plan Bert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
It depends, I only had 4 MDs in 11.5 months. I hated all 4 of them, so now if I needed to switch my rotation I would just do 2 UDs. This would not work that well if it was every week, but once in 2 or 3 months is fine- I'm sure.
Hi Carly This is one of the things that has plagued me too. Would you please expound upon this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Way to go Terri! That's awesome!
Thanks JMBM. How you doing today?

Quote:

You know Mojo I was feeling the same way about my UDs, completely out of control and feeling very defeated and guilty. But my weight just kept moving down little by little. So I decided to just not worry about it and just focus on getting into the rhythm. I haven't even counted calories on my UDs. At this point at least the last thing I have to worry about is getting enough calories. Could I have been down more the 2.2 in my first week had I not let my UDs get the best of me? Without doubt! But I'm down and on my way to the lower level. The one thing I have done (and I realize as a newbie maybe this may sound naive) but every UD I have exercised. For me it's lifting at night just watching TV. But it gives me peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I'm glad to help in any way I can! Ask away!
After 5 weeks, I was not thinking about food on my DDs, I was able to hold out and not feel deprived. I had sooo much energy and felt calm at the same time, and started to sleep better. I am only at 7 weeks now, so this is fairly new to me. I just feel happy and satisfied, that is the best way to describe it
I can't wait to be there Tex! You're doing so great. You are an inspiration to a newbie trying to find her way in the fog!!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:

I certainly understand what you're going through. I am feeling much the same. I really think, however, this might be the only diet I can do. I've never been able to do *any* other diet for this long, and even though I'm not losing fast at all, I have lost more than I have on any other plan. Every time I think about throwing in the towel, I also think about never losing this weight and the risk of trying something else that I might not stick with, so I carry on. I don't have the "strength" you might say, to do 0 calorie DD's or even much below 500 calories, and I often go over on my UD's, but it's a plan I can *live* with without feeling deprived. If it takes a year or more to lose this weight, then at least I'm not still obese after a year, as I have been for more than 10 years. That is what I keep telling myself. We *can* do this!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Today is my official 2 weeks and down 1lb. I have had lots of emotional struggles and still fighting my cold so I need to tweek my eating on DD. I really want to try and not eat except maybe broth on DD and then have a protein with a salad for dinner. I can say since I have started tracking what I eat I am shocked at how many calories some things are. It has been very eye opening.
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #380
Big Yapper!!!!

Terri I'm not sure what you wanted to know about MDs. I hate them personally. I nearly fast on DDs so I don't have to worry about food and tracking and for me I don't need to really count on UDs, so MDs were just labor intensive and I always seemed to stall after them. I only did about 4 the whole time I was in WLM because those 4 times I really need to switch my rotation, so I'm not an expert in them. A MD= 60% DD on Dr. J's calculator. For people who feel they need fixed rotations during WLM they use a MD each week to keep the rotation the same. I would not have been successful or happy this way, but some people are. I think eod rotations are best when possible, but if it means this WOE won't be a good fit than it's better to use a MD if you don't mind them. I hope that helped.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #381
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
Today is my official 2 weeks and down 1lb. I have had lots of emotional struggles and still fighting my cold so I need to tweek my eating on DD. I really want to try and not eat except maybe broth on DD and then have a protein with a salad for dinner. I can say since I have started tracking what I eat I am shocked at how many calories some things are. It has been very eye opening.
Yes- I think most people are really unaware of how calorie dense certain foods are that maybe considered healthy. Some of these things are healthy, but not eaten in the volume we may have been used to eating them. For me serving sizes was most shocking. No way do I use only 2 Tbs of half and half in a huge coffee. I could easily use 6 Tbs in a big (20 oz) coffee. That is 120 calories right there. A latte from Starbucks- forget it!!!!!! I still use measuring spoons, measuring cups and my food scale.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey Dawn Thanks! How are you doing?

Excellent Job MM4! I love the idea of the Progresso Soup! I have become increasingly against tracking myself. A lot of items are in my head and I just rinse and repeat. Adding the soup.

Wow MTM Nice work!

Great plan Bert!

Hi Carly This is one of the things that has plagued me too. Would you please expound upon this?

Thanks JMBM. How you doing today?

You know Mojo I was feeling the same way about my UDs, completely out of control and feeling very defeated and guilty. But my weight just kept moving down little by little. So I decided to just not worry about it and just focus on getting into the rhythm. I haven't even counted calories on my UDs. At this point at least the last thing I have to worry about is getting enough calories. Could I have been down more the 2.2 in my first week had I not let my UDs get the best of me? Without doubt! But I'm down and on my way to the lower level. The one thing I have done (and I realize as a newbie maybe this may sound naive) but every UD I have exercised. For me it's lifting at night just watching TV. But it gives me peace.

I can't wait to be there Tex! You're doing so great. You are an inspiration to a newbie trying to find her way in the fog!!
I am well Terri! On my DD. Had my 80 cal greek yougurt thus far and sipping my green tea. Girl you got it goin on with the multi quotes. lol I'll get there one of these days.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

terri thanks there are so many inspirational JUDDD Budds here, that it just helps keep you going
Tskbi have found the easiest thing for me on my DDs is to eat food, but wait until 4 pm. I tried liquid only fast and could not do it(yet, I may come to be able to in the future.). It took me a while to be able to hold out until 4, I was having to eat at lunch time, but now I skip it. Also found that as soon as I took a bite of food, I would become hungry, so that is why it is important, for me at least, to hold out as long as possible. When I finally do eat, I try to pick high fat/protein. Usually I will have sausage and egg for about 220 calories, and that leaves room for a fat free yogurt, or fruit or both
Old 02-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Library Girl the only plan that really, really worked for me was HCG. If I can't handle this, then HCG is my fallback and that is enough to make me keep going. The thought of the food plan on HCG makes me cringe (insert a vomiting animation here)...I can't eat chicken breast to this day.

Sunday has also given me some great advice over on the Jon Benson thread I started (don't bother, JUDDD is the best) about incorporating fasting and eating windows more into my routine. If you are like me Library Girl I'm not good at being left to my own devices, which is what UD's are becoming, stuff everything down my throat before DD, so I need to get back on a plan.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
terri thanks there are so many inspirational JUDDD Budds here, that it just helps keep you going
Tskbi have found the easiest thing for me on my DDs is to eat food, but wait until 4 pm. I tried liquid only fast and could not do it(yet, I may come to be able to in the future.). It took me a while to be able to hold out until 4, I was having to eat at lunch time, but now I skip it. Also found that as soon as I took a bite of food, I would become hungry, so that is why it is important, for me at least, to hold out as long as possible. When I finally do eat, I try to pick high fat/protein. Usually I will have sausage and egg for about 220 calories, and that leaves room for a fat free yogurt, or fruit or both
Old 02-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Terri I'm not sure what you wanted to know about MDs. I hate them personally. I nearly fast on DDs so I don't have to worry about food and tracking and for me I don't need to really count on UDs, so MDs were just labor intensive and I always seemed to stall after them. I only did about 4 the whole time I was in WLM because those 4 times I really need to switch my rotation, so I'm not an expert in them. A MD= 60% DD on Dr. J's calculator. For people who feel they need fixed rotations during WLM they use a MD each week to keep the rotation the same. I would not have been successful or happy this way, but some people are. I think eod rotations are best when possible, but if it means this WOE won't be a good fit than it's better to use a MD if you don't mind them. I hope that helped.
That exactly the feedback I was looking for Carly, thanks! I know there are going to be events that don't follow my rotation, especially if I do the traditional. Rather then sacrificing life I'm trying to proactively make this plan work with it. I haven't really heard anyone mention two DDs in a row. It that worse than two UDs, or just less pleasant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
I am well Terri! On my DD. Had my 80 cal greek yougurt thus far and sipping my green tea. Girl you got it goin on with the multi quotes. lol I'll get there one of these days.
I do the greek yogurt too. Today however it was a warm boiled egg mashed with ICBINB spray and one small piece of bacon. Lunch was leftover broccoli & 100 calorie popcorn. 297 calories so far

Quote:
I'm with you Tex. Must have food. If I were to try and do liquid only this plan would be shelved within the week.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Mojocat,

Have you read any of the 5:2 thread? Beeb has been doing that to get rid of the binge monster and it has really helped her. You can have more up days in a row so that you dont feel like you are going to be deprived the next day all of the time.

Hope you find a happy solution......
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
That exactly the feedback I was looking for Carly, thanks! I know there are going to be events that don't follow my rotation, especially if I do the traditional. Rather then sacrificing life I'm trying to proactively make this plan work with it. I haven't really heard anyone mention two DDs in a row. It that worse than two UDs, or just less pleasant?

You don't want to do two DDs in a row. If you need to switch it up, you want to do 2 UDs or use the MD by going DD, MD, UD, DD. You want an UD before a DD so you don't feel doubly deprived on your DD.

Two DDs in a row are likely to send your body into "starvation mode" which we try to avoid at all costs. That's the point of JUDDDing.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #389
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
For any Newbies, 2 UD is better than 2 DDs.

Best is to continue your rotations as well as you can even if you move up the percentages.

Remember, a Medium Day (MD) is 60%. So, if you are used to doing 20% WLM, you can go up to as much as 60% and still be in Weight Loss Mode. If you plan well, and save your calories for the 'event' meal, that will often be enough for you to have a great time and stay on your rotations.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
You don't want to do two DDs in a row. If you need to switch it up, you want to do 2 UDs or use the MD by going DD, MD, UD, DD. You want an UD before a DD so you don't feel doubly deprived on your DD.

Two DDs in a row are likely to send your body into "starvation mode" which we try to avoid at all costs. That's the point of JUDDDing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
For any Newbies, 2 UD is better than 2 DDs.

Best is to continue your rotations as well as you can even if you move up the percentages.

Remember, a Medium Day (MD) is 60%. So, if you are used to doing 20% WLM, you can go up to as much as 60% and still be in Weight Loss Mode. If you plan well, and save your calories for the 'event' meal, that will often be enough for you to have a great time and stay on your rotations.
Thanks Ladies!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote