Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Welcome to all the new people...I'm pretty new here too...since the end of Nov. and I have learned soo much...I've lost 25 lbs, but nearly derailed myself a couple of times..for me, it's a fact that the people on here know what they are doing...I didn't watch my calories close enough on the dd's and have had to go back to induction...that's ok with me, I've started losing again, and one very strange thing has happened....for a week now, I haven't had any bounces..the scale has stayed the same or gone down... I usually won't check the scale, but since going back to the 500 calorie dds, I can't stop myself from checking..Oh..and one other thing that I've changed is..I now take 400 mg of resveratrol...maybe it's helping..but I am a believer in doing the bascis of this woe..I have never seen any plan as successful as this one..
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
I went to the gym after work and it was great. I was surprised how much energy I had on a DD. Thanks everyone on the feedback. It really helped!
LiLi914 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Yay Lili !!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 AM   #334
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I went to the gym after work and it was great. I was surprised how much energy I had on a DD. Thanks everyone on the feedback. It really helped!
The DDs get easier and easier and the energy will continue to increase! Great job!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Yesterday went well for my DD. I thought I had made the plan to be just below 500 calories and ended up at 645. So question if you go over the 500 do you do anything on your UD to adjust to the overage? Down 1lb today so that was good just hoping to regulate my meals to move this scale!!!
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #336
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
You're all doing great, guys!

If you go over on DDs, you don't need to do anything differently the next day. Just move on like normal. Remember that there are a bunch of calorie ranges that still count as weight loss mode, so you probably still had a respectable DD, even though it wasn't at your lowest %. And you lost, so you know something went right!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
I need to come in here more often!!! So cross your fingers, toes, and say a prayer for me. I tracked my UD calories yesterday and like what happened several months ago, I may not be eating up to my UD calories.

I put all my food into the tracker (before I ate) and by going home time, I'd only managed to get to a smidge over 1000 calories. I'm supposed to have just under 2000! I know I still had dinner and my usual snacks to do, but I actually had to ADD things to get me up to my UD cals. Even then, I only made it to 1953.

Plus, my "bounce" was only 1 lb. up. Still right at my Feb. start weight, but if this has been my problem, then hopefully I'll begin losing.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Vanilla,
Have you considered things like:
Dark chocolate
Nuts (I adore pecans @ 200 cal per 1/4 cup which really isn't much)
Peanut butter
Coconut oil
These are all calorie dense items that I use to get me to my UD targets without a lot of volume.
Just some ideas.
What a journey!!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Hi All
I just started Monday. Tomorrow will be my third DD. I really appreciate all the support you offer here. You guys rock
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I lose with high dd..don't hate me!
I have lost on 700 cal dd.
Course My wt, mid 130's. so it's small ounces that come off me. And I rejoice on each ounce.
For me and and everyone else that says "It will get easier"
When doing JUDDD for longer time, u get BETTER, stronger in ur thinking that I can, M doing this.
Promise, give it time, when seeing good results, u will just go lower on dd.
For me I have over the top dd..And then, I snap out of it and restart my smarter brain.
A Couple within normal range dd days , 500-700 cal days. IM good.
Im not bragging by no means. It's just the way it is.
It's a God thing,and DR. J thing! smile
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cindy-lou
Stats: 257/234/170
WOE: JUDDD-01/31/13
Start Date: Nov 7 2012 LC
Just wanted to say
"have a great JUDDD weekend my friends"
Today is DD for me so I have a special dinner planned with friends coming over tomorrow night so that will help me get threw today
Cindy-lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #342
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Hello JUDDD BUDS
Am I in the right place? Seems I always get on the wrong thread. So I deleted the other one and subscribed to this one! So if this isn't where I am suppose to be please tell me where to go(as long as you are nice about it)

Well I think my body is finally getting use to JUDDD I actually had a 2lb loss today.
I started JUDDD on Feb4th at 248.8 and today was 243.8 so five lbs gone and it will be one month Monday!So I am finally happy about this WOE!!! Who knows maybe I'll reach that 8lbs a month yet!

I pray everyone of you have a AWESOME and safe week-end.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #343
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hi All
I just started Monday. Tomorrow will be my third DD. I really appreciate all the support you offer here. You guys rock
How's it going for you Terri?
You are right about these ladies. If we listen we will loose.
I have started eating my UD calories and keeping my DD as low as possible and I lost 2lbs today

I finally got it through my thick head that if I eat all my UD calories or even go over, I won't be so hungry on my DD
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #344
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi All
You rock too Terri! Starting this WOE is a challenge, and really gutsy, and you've done it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy-lou View Post
Just wanted to say
"have a great JUDDD weekend my friends"
Today is DD for me so I have a special dinner planned with friends coming over tomorrow night so that will help me get threw today
Looking forward to tomorrow always helps me get through DDs too Cindy! Hope you have lots of fun with your friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hello JUDDD BUDS
Am I in the right place? Seems I always get on the wrong thread. So I deleted the other one and subscribed to this one! So if this isn't where I am suppose to be please tell me where to go(as long as you are nice about it)

Well I think my body is finally getting use to JUDDD I actually had a 2lb loss today.
I started JUDDD on Feb4th at 248.8 and today was 243.8 so five lbs gone and it will be one month Monday!So I am finally happy about this WOE!!! Who knows maybe I'll reach that 8lbs a month yet!

Two pounds! YAY! It's starting to take hold of you Berta! Good for you for sticking with it. Keep at it. There'll be ups and downs, highs and lows, but it's so worth it!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
I lose with high dd..don't hate me!
I have lost on 700 cal dd.
Course My wt, mid 130's. so it's small ounces that come off me. And I rejoice on each ounce.
For me and and everyone else that says "It will get easier"
When doing JUDDD for longer time, u get BETTER, stronger in ur thinking that I can, M doing this.
Promise, give it time, when seeing good results, u will just go lower on dd.
For me I have over the top dd..And then, I snap out of it and restart my smarter brain.
A Couple within normal range dd days , 500-700 cal days. IM good.
Im not bragging by no means. It's just the way it is.
It's a God thing,and DR. J thing! smile
Ei
Good News Ei,
On HCG I always lost on higher calories I was hoping it might translate here. So far I've been 515 & 550 and it's been a little bit of a struggle as I do basically three meals a day. I'm trying to do this as a lifestyle vs. a "diet".

Quote:
Hello JUDDD BUDS

Woo Hoo Berta! Look what eating did for you!! WTG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
You rock too Terri! Starting this WOE is a challenge, and really gutsy, and you've done it!
Thanks LCG I appreciate that. I'm feeling quite proud of myself today.

I read about you guys doing the potato hack (I think it's called) Would you mind dropping a link to that when you get a chance?

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #346
Big Yapper!!!!

Here's the link Terri. It's a reaalllllyy long thread, but start at the beginning and read as much as you can, you'll learn a lot about different people's results, how we all feel doing it, ideas for preparing your taters, etc.

A DD Hack
Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Here's the link Terri. It's a reaalllllyy long thread, but start at the beginning and read as much as you can, you'll learn a lot about different people's results, how we all feel doing it, ideas for preparing your taters, etc.

A DD Hack
Man, no kidding that's a whale Thanks!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Hi everyone! Congratulations on hanging in there, it can be challenging, especially in the first weeks. Kudos to you, you are doing something really good for yourself, and now belong to a very special community
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #349
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LOW_CARB_LOLA
Stats: 5'7" 304/154.4/120?
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: January 2012
Too late?

Hello all!
I started juddd a couple of days ago, in an attempt to end a horrendous stall!
I decided I wanted to still keep it low carb.
My background story is that I have lost all of my weight via permutations of low carb, with the greatest success following Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss diet; but it was so hard because it was low carb, low fat and so it was low calorie.

I decided to try juddd'ing by:

Eating Lyle McDonald's way on DD ( which is high protein so more satiating)
Eating high fat on UD ( practically NK dieting)

So far I have seen the scale dip 1 pound lower than my stalled weight, but I haven't weighed in after an up day!

I also should add I am planning to not count calories on the UD. Is that a recipe for disaster? I mean with being low carb, high fat my choices are very limited anyways!
LOW_CARB_LOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Vanilla,
Have you considered things like:
Dark chocolate
Nuts (I adore pecans @ 200 cal per 1/4 cup which really isn't much)
Peanut butter
Coconut oil
These are all calorie dense items that I use to get me to my UD targets without a lot of volume.
Just some ideas.
What a journey!!!
Oh, I have NO problem finding stuff to get the calories in!! I just thought I'd been eating up to my calories. It was quite fun to see I needed to add a few extra things to jack up them calories!

Thanks for the suggestions!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #351
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW_CARB_LOLA View Post
Hello all!
I started juddd a couple of days ago, in an attempt to end a horrendous stall!
I decided I wanted to still keep it low carb.
My background story is that I have lost all of my weight via permutations of low carb, with the greatest success following Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss diet; but it was so hard because it was low carb, low fat and so it was low calorie.

I decided to try juddd'ing by:

Eating Lyle McDonald's way on DD ( which is high protein so more satiating)
Eating high fat on UD ( practically NK dieting)

So far I have seen the scale dip 1 pound lower than my stalled weight, but I haven't weighed in after an up day!

I also should add I am planning to not count calories on the UD. Is that a recipe for disaster? I mean with being low carb, high fat my choices are very limited anyways!
I always recommend counting, even if it's just for the first few weeks, so you can see what you are really eating calorie wise. You could really be surprised, that you're either eating way more calories than you think, or way FEWER than you think. If you don't eat enough on the UDs, your body doesn't realize the famine is over, and can hold onto the weight.

KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I always recommend counting, even if it's just for the first few weeks, so you can see what you are really eating calorie wise. You could really be surprised, that you're either eating way more calories than you think, or way FEWER than you think. If you don't eat enough on the UDs, your body doesn't realize the famine is over, and can hold onto the weight.

What Dawn said. The advantage to counting is to make sure you're as close to your UD cals as possible, without being way UNDER or way OVER!

Welcome all you new ladies! Yesterday was my 1 month JUDDD-iversary, and I've lost a total of 7.4# on JUDDD, a total of 11.4# since 1-1-13 (the first 4 on Atkins induction before jumping ship). You'll see a whole bunch of awesome stories here, and I hope you'll stick around, and check back in often to stay motivated!!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #353
Big Yapper!!!!

Low Carb Lola! Glad to have you with us. I agree with Dawn and Jen. You'll probably get to a point when you don't need to count, but in the beginning I think it's really important. I still count EVERY DAY, and I'm nearing the 6 month mark.

Happy 1 month JUDDDiversary Jen! Can you believe you've been doing this for a month?
Old 02-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #354

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Hello JUDDD BUDS

This had me in fits Berta. Also delighted that you are losing and eating!. You are going to be a JUDDD star, I can tell.

to Lola. Hope you will love this WOE, you will get so much support here. I too recommend counting the calories on both days to start with. It isn't too onerous and can help you in the long run.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi all! I re-started mid-Feb and in 2 weeks I'm down about 3 lbs. not bad since I am an incredibly slow loser. I have to say though, I think I see and feel more than a 3 lb difference!! I try not to weigh myself very often because the scale moves so slowly and I find it too discouraging. Maybe I should just do measurements instead. The scale is so flaky - haha.

I know for me exercise is the biggest key to weight loss but I've been afraid to start exercising on a DD and get too hungry. Does anyone find that to be the case? I felt I should get this woe in to an easier "habit" first before I start adding in a lot more exercise. Am I over-thinking this?
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #356
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I think a lot of us feel that way phoenix. I use it as an excuse lol. I really think I'd lose faster if I could start some sort of fitness regimen, even walking. So far, I've not been able to get into the habit. Good luck to you.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #357
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
When the weather is better I take long, fast walks. I enjoy them more and have more energy for them on DDs. A lot of Juddd buds exercise on DDs and love it.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Five days of JUDDD, three down two up. Weight down 2.2.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #359

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Five days of JUDDD, three down two up. Weight down 2.2.
Terri--that is a a fantastic start Good for you
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: motivatedMomma4
Stats: 180/147/140
Start Date: Feb 19 2013
Today is day 5 for me and im down .....5.5 lbs! I know most of it is water weight and the weight loss will slow down, but im still pretty excited :-) I am loving this woe. I know its only been 5 days but this just feels right for me. I dont find the down days to be to hard,I have stocked up on progresso soup and use that as my main meal for the day. I have been tracking all my cals on my up and down days just so I can get a good feel for what a "normal" day should be but I hate counting calories so its just for a baseline..hopefully, lol! The only real issue im having is that I work 3rd shift so Im trying to work out my "days" I have just been not eatime through the night at work,just eating a really late dinner before I go to work so that my days stay the same..other than that I am lovvving it!
motivatedMomma4 is offline   Reply With Quote