Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member
 
DeborahL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Gallery: DeborahL
Stats: 168.2/156.6/130
WOE: JUDDD w/restricted carbs
Start Date: 1/20/13 (Atkins) 2/11/2013 (JUDDD)
Good morning! Hope everyone's week is off to a good start. I weighed yesterday and didn't lose or gain after my first week of JUDDDing. I'm surprisingly okay with that. I said I'd give it a month, and a month I'll give it.
DeborahL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!
 
BaileysGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,633
Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Well I've STS for 3 days in a row. I've been monitoring my calories very closely but I did go over a few on yesterdays DD only by about 50 I'm guessing over my 400. Anyway, I'm sure there will be times when the body has to adjust so I won't worry. As I sit here eating a 100 calorie pack of mini fudge stripes! Happy Girl I Am! LOL

Deborah - Are you doing the numbers on the calulator? I did anywhere from 500-650 on DD for the first 2 weeks and I lost pretty well. Everyone is different though. Hang in there and count those calories!
__________________
Lost on Juddd: 12
UD 1900/DD 400


Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member
 
LiLi914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 873
Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/220/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Carly & LoCarbGal, that does make a little more sense. I'll keep all that in mind. Thanks!

On my first DD I was incredibly busy and today I'm off so I've actually started doing homework to distract myself from food. I'm not even hungry. I just pass by the fridge and want to open it. Ha.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member
 
tskb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ft Worth Texas
Posts: 191
Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Well after my first week of JUDDD even though it was a rough week due to a funeral, Valentines Day and getting sick and had 4 UD in a row I was still down 1lb. This week I am doing the rotations and sticking with it. I hope nothing pops up to get me off course. I need to monitor my water because I know I need to drink more. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #305
Blabbermouth!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,237
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sounds like you did good Sheri, all things considering. And down is always good, no matter what the amount!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member
 
DeborahL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 66
Gallery: DeborahL
Stats: 168.2/156.6/130
WOE: JUDDD w/restricted carbs
Start Date: 1/20/13 (Atkins) 2/11/2013 (JUDDD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
Well I've STS for 3 days in a row. I've been monitoring my calories very closely but I did go over a few on yesterdays DD only by about 50 I'm guessing over my 400. Anyway, I'm sure there will be times when the body has to adjust so I won't worry. As I sit here eating a 100 calorie pack of mini fudge stripes! Happy Girl I Am! LOL

Deborah - Are you doing the numbers on the calulator? I did anywhere from 500-650 on DD for the first 2 weeks and I lost pretty well. Everyone is different though. Hang in there and count those calories!
I love those Keebler elves! I did the calculator and was only allowed 340 calories on down days. Since I think that would just make me hungry, my down days have been 0 cal liquids. I did eat more carbs on my up days than I had been eating in my previous 3 weeks, but I didn't count the calories. The whole reason I am trying juddd is because counting makes me food obsessive.
DeborahL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member
 
tskb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ft Worth Texas
Posts: 191
Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Sounds like you did good Sheri, all things considering. And down is always good, no matter what the amount!
I agree and I am not complaining I just hate starting something and falling off the wagon within the first week. I know JUDDD is flexible but I need to be strict with myself or I will let it get out of control!

I was reading about the potato diet on another thread. It was long and didn't read it all but wondering if it is beneficial for DD potato only or just stick with JUDDD in general? Potato is the reason I couldn't stick to LC for very long.
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #308
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,565
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Sherri,
KeyTones, one of our resident potato experts, started this thread:
http://http://www.lowcarbfriends.com...one-doing.html
Its a more condensed version of the potato diet information, much less intimidating than wading through 41+ screens of posts.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member
 
Cindy-lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NB Canada
Posts: 354
Gallery: Cindy-lou
Stats: 257/234/170
WOE: JUDDD-01/31/13
Start Date: Nov 7 2012 LC
Good Job Sherri
a loss is a loss is a loss
Cindy-lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #310
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,438
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I just have a question about hitting the gym. On a few forums I've seen that people choose to work out on DD. I don't see how that can be effective with virtually no calories in your system. Especially if you can only work out in the evenings. I like to work out about three days a week, but with my work and school schedule there are UD that I will not be able to make it to the gym. Anyone have any personal experience/advice?
If you're not trying to run a marathon or do a triathalon, exercising while fasting is actually extremely effective, according to the research. Your body is already tapping into your "fat" reserves and light exercise will only make it burn more.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member
 
tskb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ft Worth Texas
Posts: 191
Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Thanks for the potato link. I wouldn't mind doing potato on DD if it fits within my calorie range. So as I mentioned last week felt like a complete bust because I didn't do my alternating UD DD like I should. Really only had 2 DD and all the rest were up. So since last Sunday I am down 2.6lbs. So I am very happy with that number. More so than I normally am. Usually I feel like I am deprived of so much and may lose 2lbs but can easily but it back on and all the effort and willpower that I had to stick to the restrictive diet is out the window. But losing 2lbs and not feeling like I was deprived at all feels like a huge success to me!
__________________
Sherri
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #312
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,630
Gallery: adillenal
I do potato DD's but my calories are a little higher than my normal DD's with them. I am in maintenance and like the semi potato DD's. I either eat oat bran or eggs for breakfast and then cold boiled potatoes with salt for the rest of the day.
If you are just starting JUDDD I would recommend just plain DD/UD rotation within your calories. Tweaking can come later. Just my thoughts.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,565
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I do potato DD's but my calories are a little higher than my normal DD's with them. I am in maintenance and like the semi potato DD's. I either eat oat bran or eggs for breakfast and then cold boiled potatoes with salt for the rest of the day.
If you are just starting JUDDD I would recommend just plain DD/UD rotation within your calories. Tweaking can come later. Just my thoughts.


I agree with Adi. I think you should stick with straight JUDDD for 2-3 weeks to see how you're doing with it. Then you can throw in tweeks. I'm considering a potato hack (multiple days in a row) but mentally I'm not quite ready yet. I've been doing potato DDs - coffee with CO in the morning then potatoes the rest of the day. To be honest, I don't count cals on those DDs, just very, very, very strict that I eat NOTHING else but potatoes, salt and the few allowed condiments. And I'm losing so I'm cool with it. So, like Adi, my PDDs are technically "higher" than my 440-500 range but through the magic of the potato's magic composition, I'm still losing. For me personally, I just need to be sure I drink plenty of water because I eat A LOT of salt with my potatoes.
__________________

*****************************************
My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,237
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I did a 3 day potato hack earlier this week and loved the results. Er, most of them anyway...at the end of day 3 I started feeling nauseated, and had horrible diarrhea all night that night, and into the next morning. Ended the potato hack at that point, but in 7 days, including the few days following the hack, I lost 9.5 pounds. Sounds typical of other hackers, that the losses continue for a couple/few days after ending the hack. Mine was bloat from a week off JUDDD, so probably a lot of water weight, but it sure came off nice and fast! I'll use it again when I stall, and maybe not eat so many potato peels and see if that staves off the digestive distress I had at the end.
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #315
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,438
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Thinking about the PH too. LCG, did you drink coffee/hwc or eat anything besides potatoes? Did you count calories or eat to fullness?
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #316
Blabbermouth!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,237
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I drank a large mug of coffee every morning, including 2T of HWC. Then I tried to wait 4 hours, but it turned out to be more like 3 hours when I'd start eating potatoes. I only ate them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, chicken bouillon and malt or tarragon vinegar. That last night I did have a wee little bit of olive oil, mustard and a couple drips of ketchup. I didn't count calories at all, just ate what I wanted. I think I wound up in the 600-800 calorie range all 3 days.

By the way, the sliced potato/broth bake is goooooooood!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,438
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I haven't eaten today beyond my morning coffee, which was 3 T of cream (not HWC), and 45 calories. So, I could go to Wendy's and get a sour cream/chives potato for lunch, minus the sour cream, right?

ETA: Gonna have to be another day. I ate a boiled egg and now a piece of turkey.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-19-2013 at 08:58 AM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
Thanks for the potato link. I wouldn't mind doing potato on DD if it fits within my calorie range. So as I mentioned last week felt like a complete bust because I didn't do my alternating UD DD like I should. Really only had 2 DD and all the rest were up. So since last Sunday I am down 2.6lbs. So I am very happy with that number. More so than I normally am. Usually I feel like I am deprived of so much and may lose 2lbs but can easily but it back on and all the effort and willpower that I had to stick to the restrictive diet is out the window. But losing 2lbs and not feeling like I was deprived at all feels like a huge success to me!
That's awesome! WTG!!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member
 
motivatedMomma4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Watetown,WI
Posts: 158
Gallery: motivatedMomma4
Stats: 180/147/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 19 2013
HI Everyone! My name is Crystal. Doing my first down day today :-) I am super excited to try this woe and get to know everyone. I did HCG and lost 35lbs last year and was maintaining well untill I got pregnant and gained it all back :-( I just couldnt see myself doing the HCG again...so here I am. We are doing a weight loss chalenge at work so it is extra motivation!!
motivatedMomma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #320
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,438
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Crystal! You're going to love it!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #321
Junior LCF Member
 
reluctantexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: LAS VEGAS
Posts: 25
Gallery: reluctantexan
Stats: 170/155/140
WOE: HFLC
Crystal - you have a secret weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivatedMomma4 View Post
HI Everyone! My name is Crystal. Doing my first down day today :-) I am super excited to try this woe and get to know everyone. I did HCG and lost 35lbs last year and was maintaining well untill I got pregnant and gained it all back :-( I just couldnt see myself doing the HCG again...so here I am. We are doing a weight loss chalenge at work so it is extra motivation!!
You're sure to win that challenge because you have a great plan and people on your side.
reluctantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,237
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Crystal! This is a great place and a great WOE. Glad you've joined us!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Welcome
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #324
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,695
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Everyone is doing just great.

Sorry I haven't been around much, just back from Turkey and now expecting house guests.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #325
Junior LCF Member
 
reluctantexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: LAS VEGAS
Posts: 25
Gallery: reluctantexan
Stats: 170/155/140
WOE: HFLC
DD Fish Recipe

I don't know if you like tilapia (its filets are small {about 100 calories} and boneless, but taste a bit like catfish). I defrosted one single, put into microwavable bowl. I used my salt,pepper, garlic granules mixture, added two tbls. mango salsa, covered with a microwavable glass plate and nuked it for 2 minutes. It was very tasty and I ate until I was full. That left me with the other half for dinner.

I feel like I discovered gold!
reluctantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctantexan View Post
I don't know if you like tilapia (its filets are small {about 100 calories} and boneless, but taste a bit like catfish). I defrosted one single, put into microwavable bowl. I used my salt,pepper, garlic granules mixture, added two tbls. mango salsa, covered with a microwavable glass plate and nuked it for 2 minutes. It was very tasty and I ate until I was full. That left me with the other half for dinner.

I feel like I discovered gold!
It's good on the George Foreman grill if you have one of those. It used to be my DD staple! I used some Bragg's aminos and some garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt. Every now and then I used some cajun spices from McCormick. I sprayed the grill with a touch of Pam so it would not stick since the fillets are thin.

Last edited by Carly; 02-19-2013 at 02:05 PM..
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #327
Junior LCF Member
 
reluctantexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: LAS VEGAS
Posts: 25
Gallery: reluctantexan
Stats: 170/155/140
WOE: HFLC
That sounds good, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
It's good on the George Foreman grill if you have one of those. It used to be my DD staple! I used some Bragg's aminos and some garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt. Every now and then I used some cajun spices from McCormick. I sprayed the grill with a touch of Pam so it would not stick since the fillets are thin.
I just like the idea of almost no cleanup and the moisture the salsa brings to the dish.
reluctantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
sounds good both of you-but I don't kow how you can get full on half a filet!!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #329
Junior LCF Member
 
reluctantexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: LAS VEGAS
Posts: 25
Gallery: reluctantexan
Stats: 170/155/140
WOE: HFLC
I'm eating JUDDD+LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
It's good on the George Foreman grill if you have one of those. It used to be my DD staple! I used some Bragg's aminos and some garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt. Every now and then I used some cajun spices from McCormick. I sprayed the grill with a touch of Pam so it would not stick since the fillets are thin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
sounds good both of you-but I don't kow how you can get full on half a filet!!
Well, when I'm being strict with my LC eating, I don't get hungry - only empty. As long as I stick to the LCHF for my UDs, I don't get rebound hunger on DDs.

Every body is different, I suppose.
reluctantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctantexan View Post
Well, when I'm being strict with my LC eating, I don't get hungry - only empty. As long as I stick to the LCHF for my UDs, I don't get rebound hunger on DDs.

Every body is different, I suppose.
that is totally unfair! lol.
Good for ou though, and keep posting your yummy food ideas!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.