Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Christina! I hope you'll love this WOE as much as I do. You're doing great so far!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #272
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reluctantexan
Stats: 170/155/140
WOE: HFLC
Yum -shrimp cocktain definitely is not poison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I really like shrimp cocktail with fresh squeezed lemon on DDs.. Hope that is not poison!
Not poison, but more expensive than chix broth. And delish! Thanks.
reluctantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hi! Welcome to all the newbies! Im doing really well, DD are so easy now! I think I may have went over on my cals by about 200 yesterday for the first time since I started Juddd. I was up 1.5 this morning but have been up that much plenty of times after UD. TGIF!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cindy-lou
Stats: 257/234/170
WOE: JUDDD-01/31/13
Start Date: Nov 7 2012 LC
to all the New Juddd Buddds

as a newbie myself of only 2 weeks I can tell you that it works....
I did LC before and lost 16 lbs and gained 1 lb just as I was starting Juddd
I hit a bump in the road and my scales didn't move for 7 or 8 weeks....I was so frustrated considering I was just at the start of my weight loss

Then I found my favorite Buddds in here and I started losing right away
I have only been doing this for 2 weeks as I said and my first week I lost 5 lbs and this week I lost 3 lbs

Everyone is so friendly and very HELPFUL.... you just have to listen to their wise advice and you will all be fine
01/31/2012 on JUDDD
(-8)
<a href=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqPiWTH/ target=_blank>
<a href=http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wqPiWTH/weight.png target=_blank>http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...WTH/weight.png</a>
</a>
Cindy-lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #275
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Good Morning JUDDD BUDS
I have lost 4lbs so far. I will be done with induction this Tuesday
I noticed some of you posted what you eat on DD.
I enjoy cucumbers in red wine vinegar and a tad of olive oil sweetened with sweetner, italian seasoning and dill added.

Also I like the broccolli,cauliflower,peas,onion & celery salad.I chop it up into tiny pieces and add light Hellmans mayonnaise and salt & pepper and a tad of garlic powderThen lest I forget.... my good ol 5cal a cup no MSG chicken Broth

I also eat Progresso Light soups OR Campbells Light. Lots of tea and flavored water I also eat apples peeled & sliced and sweetened add some cinnamon and cook in mocrowave .Not all of this everyday but these are my main things.

I make smoothies too with berries and ice & sweetner I love them!!!As I have Ninja smoothie maker Santa brought me

SHER
I like shrimp alot too.I cook them and the take horseradish sauce and Heinz reduced sugar ketcup and mix it together for the sauce

Last edited by Berta48; 02-15-2013 at 10:11 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Down 1.6# today, after my 0.4 up bounce yesterday. In such a better place today mentally, and a lot of it is from your gals support.
Thanks!!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #277
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Down 1.6# today, after my 0.4 up bounce yesterday. In such a better place today mentally, and a lot of it is from your gals support.
Thanks!!!
Try not to worry about the bounce up after UDs. It's quite normal and often expected. It's not really fat, but just more volume in your body. Perhaps from eating more sodium, but the bounce is a very common part of JUDDDing. I often bounce up after a DD for no apearent reason. The trend is always downward so try not to put too much emphasis on a daily number, but look at the trend for a 2 week period.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
mm Berta, that coctail sauce sounds good , yum yum yum! I agree w/ Reluctant too though, it is way too expensive for most DDs IF money were no object, i would eat all kinds of yummy seafood on my DDs
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Berta - I think I learned that cocktail sauce recipe on hcg! It tasted pretty much like the jarred stuff!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
I was doing so well till yesterday! We celebrated VDay on the 13th since it was an UD for me and yesterday I had to go to a family friends father funeral that I have known all my life and didn't realize he had been diagnosed with lung cancer. When I saw him OMG seriously did not even recongize him. I lost it and just was in shock. I have heard lung cancer is hard on people but wow I just had no idea. So yesterday's DD turned into an UD and today was already planned for an UD.....What do you do when you have 3 UD in a row???? I seriously did not want to fall off like this do you just get back to DD? Do you do more than 1 DD in a row to balance it out or just start rotating again? I didn't gain so I guess that is good. Hope everyone had a great Valentine Day!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #281
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reluctantexan
Stats: 170/155/140
WOE: HFLC
LC cocktail sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
mm Berta, that coctail sauce sounds good , yum yum yum! I agree w/ Reluctant too though, it is way too expensive for most DDs IF money were no object, i would eat all kinds of yummy seafood on my DDs
One of the many good things we can always use are herbs and spices, right? I absolutely love horseradish, the regular kind (as in the cocktail sauce) and the Japanese Wasabi. The stuff in the tube (even WallyM has it) is really powerful. When doing LC, I add the wasabi to mayo for a real kicking sauce for cold chix.

I add something else to the cocktail sauce - lemon juice. Aren't we lucky we have that, too.
reluctantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #282

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tskb View Post
I was doing so well till yesterday! We celebrated VDay on the 13th since it was an UD for me and yesterday I had to go to a family friends father funeral that I have known all my life and didn't realize he had been diagnosed with lung cancer. When I saw him OMG seriously did not even recongize him. I lost it and just was in shock. I have heard lung cancer is hard on people but wow I just had no idea. So yesterday's DD turned into an UD and today was already planned for an UD.....What do you do when you have 3 UD in a row???? I seriously did not want to fall off like this do you just get back to DD? Do you do more than 1 DD in a row to balance it out or just start rotating again? I didn't gain so I guess that is good. Hope everyone had a great Valentine Day!
Just go back to regular rotations, no reason to do multiple DDs, as that can backfire and cause you to hold onto more weight.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tskb
Stats: 219.6/160
WOE: Atkins 7/8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Just go back to regular rotations, no reason to do multiple DDs, as that can backfire and cause you to hold onto more weight.
Thanks!
tskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #284
Berta48

Quote:
So sorry
Old 02-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #285
Berta48

Tex
I buy my large peeled and deveined shrimp at Aldis and they are only 4.00 or so for a big bag.It's already cooked with tail on, but they are big ones!

Natasha
I just made the recipe up one time by accident!I really like it!!!
It does taste almost like the real cocktail sauce!

Last edited by Berta48; 02-15-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Old 02-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #286
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Berta - I also love shrimp... and I have also been making my own cocktail sauce just like you ... and I think it is better that the stuff in jars.....I buy my shrimp with they have a B1G1F.... or I buy fresh ..

Cindy - great job so far...your loss of 8 pounds.. keep it up

Yennie - good job... down 1.6

Sherri - sorry about your friend's loss..... I lost my Dad to lung cancer... it is a horrible way to die

well, on my 2nd DD..... yesterday on my UD I was not hungry at all.... had to force myself to eat... and I ate only about 1900 calories.... I think that DD are easier to figure out the calories..... I am soooo usued to counting carbs and I know most carb numbers... but I will learn in time...

well when I went and did my 1 hour water aerobics this morning... (I weigh in there) I was down 4 pounds... I know it was mostly water weight, but I still felt good.......

only have three more days to do JUDDD, for I will be going I will be going to Michigan to visit my family for two weeks... so will just try to watch what I eat... and when I get back on March 5th will get back on JUDDD.

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Last edited by pawleys14; 02-15-2013 at 05:02 PM..
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post

Yennie - good job... down 1.6

Thank you! I was pretty excited as this is the first time the scale has been 18x in a LONG time!!

well when I went and did my 1 hour water aerobics this morning... (I weigh in there) I was down 4 pounds... I know it was mostly water weight, but I still felt good.......

Water weight = weight! Besides, you're going to have to lose it at some point, may as well be in a whoosh that provides fantastic mental encouragement

only have three more days to do JUDDD, for I will be going I will be going to Michigan to visit my family for two weeks... so will just try to watch what I eat... and when I get back on March 5th will get back on JUDDD.
THIS!!!!! This is my most favorite thing about JUDDD. You can take a break (or have an oops) and you're able to jump right back on the horse. I am so excited for this plan because it really is forgiving and allows us to live our lives but still improve our health!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!

went and did my 1 hr of WA early this morning.... water felt soooo good.. and had a good workout... and down another pound......... and I did not eat all my 500 calories yesterday... thought that would hurt me..... the last few days have not been hungry at all......

today a UD - so trying to get my calories in..... had chicken salad with two wasa crackers with laughing cow cheese.......

going out tonight... so will have a steak or chicken breast - salad with dressing and mixed veggies...... and know that I will not have my total of calories...... guess I will have some of the bread that will come with dinner....

I know that I will get used to this way of eating..... still takes some time for me to figure out how many calories I am eating
Old 02-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #289
Berta48

Good Morning JUDDDD BUDS

Grocery shopping for me today and also a DD. I had a BIG BOUNCE today(244.4 - 247) but not to worry, it was after my UD yesterday Went to friends for supper and games so have no idea what was in the food or how many calories so I couldn't even count them But I did try to eat noraml portions and skipped the bread & butter

Will be switching my MD to Mon this week as I will be through with induction. Then I am upping to 25% WLM.

I normally have been weighing on Tues. But since I am switching to Mon MD should I weigh Tues or wed?I know to weigh after a DD.BUT Monday was my DD?

I am sure for another 2lb loss this week

Last edited by Berta48; 02-16-2013 at 12:04 PM..
Old 02-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Finally found the time a morning after a DD to update measurements and I'm incredibly excited to report a loss of 10.5" overall with the biggest loss from my "abdomen" (ie:baby pooch). 3" from that particular Bain of my existance! 2" each from waist & hips, 0.5 and 1" from ra h thigh and a few other small losses from calves & arms. You can see where I carry all my weight - smack dab in the middle!!
Drinking my coffee and getting ready to eat my piece of toast with peanut butter pre-run. I'm hoping to do 6-8 miles at a less than 15:00 min/mile pace today. Lol, even writing that makes me sad, back in the day, an 11:00 min/mile pace was my "slow" pace. Oh well, this didn't happen overnight, can't undo it overnight!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #291
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Finally found the time a morning after a DD to update measurements and I'm incredibly excited to report a loss of 10.5" overall with the biggest loss from my "abdomen" (ie:baby pooch). 3" from that particular Bain of my existance! 2" each from waist & hips, 0.5 and 1" from ra h thigh and a few other small losses from calves & arms. You can see where I carry all my weight - smack dab in the middle!!
Drinking my coffee and getting ready to eat my piece of toast with peanut butter pre-run. I'm hoping to do 6-8 miles at a less than 15:00 min/mile pace today. Lol, even writing that makes me sad, back in the day, an 11:00 min/mile pace was my "slow" pace. Oh well, this didn't happen overnight, can't undo it overnight!!
Enjoy your run and do a mile for me. I just adored running back before my spine became destroyed. I did a mile and a half in 7 minutes, but for longer runs the pace was slower. There was nothing better that running when angry or upset. It was such a good way to release those feelings.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Run report!

Thanks Carly & Sher, and everyone else, for the encouragement for todays run.

I ended up doing 8.25 miles in 1:55:06 which roughly equals a 13:55 minute/mile pace, a full 1:05 under my goal pace. I felt really good until the last mile (so I'm glad I didn't push for the whole 13.1) and I am now icing my right hip flexor. I'm actually ok with this though, because that's an old injury and I know how to manage it. Nothing new or wicked cropped up.

2 hits off the inhaler before I started and that was all I needed. I wish I'd had it with me to take 2 more at the finish as I'm feeling a bit congested now that I'm done but I think I will be fine. Absolutely nothing like the disaster of 2 weeks ago where I could not go 3/4 of a mile at all.

I think I'm on track for the 15K in 2 weeks - I can only get better, right?

Thanks gals! Your support is much appreciated! Now that I'm done icing, I'm off to shower. I'm not at all pleasantly aromatic!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Man I need to get to ALDI ASAP!!! I hear of all the good things they have! Swai, Shrimp who knows what else! Think I'll go in when I meet a friend over that way for dinner one night in the next few weeks.

Berta - No idea when you should weigh as I weigh every day. The girl can't help it! LOL

Diane - Good job!!!

Yennie - Wow! I'd pass out if I tried running to my neighbors house! Good job on the inches lost!

I just made a huge pot of Chicken Spaghetti for DH this afternoon. I made it with the HOT rotel so it's really too hot for me to eat so that makes it easier! Thank the good lord b/c today is a DD!!! If you've never had Chicken Spaghetti before it's amazing!!! I have no idea what the cals would be for a serving but it's da bomb! It's chicken breast chunks, spaghetti (I used regular for him but dreamfields for me when I make it), mexican velveeta, seasoning blend, cream of chicken soup, 2 cans of original/mild/hot rotel whatever your hotness preference.

Have a great day ladies!

Natasha

Old 02-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #294
Blabbermouth!!!

Yennie - loss of 10.5" wow great job.. sooooo proud of ya...... and great job on your running.... me I am tired after I walk just one mile......

Natasha - your chicken spaghetti sounds

Carly - I agree - exercise is the best way to go when you are upset or angry....

today my sister and I went and saw the movie... :Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks... good movie.... but I read the book and the book is even better....

so did not go and do my WA..... will go tomorrow early.. then have my hair cut for my Michigan trip... and then Tues.... on the big plane to Michigan.. can not wait to see my three babies.....
Old 02-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #295
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:

Just jump back in with a dd and move on-after a couple rotations you'll be back on track
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cindy-lou
Stats: 257/234/170
WOE: JUDDD-01/31/13
Start Date: Nov 7 2012 LC
Quote:

I ended up doing 8.25 miles in 1:55:06 which roughly equals a 13:55 minute/mile pace, a full 1:05 under my goal pace. I felt really good until the last mile (so I'm glad I didn't push for the whole 13.1) and I am now icing my right hip flexor. I'm actually ok with this though, because that's an old injury and I know how to manage it. Nothing new or wicked cropped up.
Woohooo thats awesome!!!! good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
!

Yennie - Wow! I'd pass out if I tried running to my neighbors house!
I'm with you on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post

I normally have been weighing on Tues. But since I am switching to Mon MD should I weigh Tues or wed?I know to weigh after a DD.BUT Monday was my DD?
I like to get on the scales everyday...it makes me feel "comfortable" with myself BUT I don't usually see my lost till the end of the week...so if my DD is Thursday then my big loss would be Friday

BUT again it doesn't matter what day as long as the scales are going down
Cindy-lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy-lou View Post
Good Morning

I just finished my first week of JUDDD and I listened very carefully to what these ladies had to say...and after a LONG 8 week of "stalling" on LC....I lost 5 lbs in my first week on JUDDD

I did as low as I could on my DD and had ALL my calories on my UD

These ladies know what they are talking about
Great job! So happy for you.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
working out & JUDDDD

I just have a question about hitting the gym. On a few forums I've seen that people choose to work out on DD. I don't see how that can be effective with virtually no calories in your system. Especially if you can only work out in the evenings. I like to work out about three days a week, but with my work and school schedule there are UD that I will not be able to make it to the gym. Anyone have any personal experience/advice?
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #299
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I just have a question about hitting the gym. On a few forums I've seen that people choose to work out on DD. I don't see how that can be effective with virtually no calories in your system. Especially if you can only work out in the evenings. I like to work out about three days a week, but with my work and school schedule there are UD that I will not be able to make it to the gym. Anyone have any personal experience/advice?
I tend to have much more energy on DDs so I will feel more like exercising although what I can do is light exercise I know many people do quite a bit of exercising on DDs and prefer it that way. It may take a few DDs for you to feel that increase in energy, but when you do you should have no issues with working out on those days if you wish.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #300

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Agree with Carly - the DD energy will kick in after JUDDDing for awhile. If you're worried about energy, or too much hunger on a DD, consider when during the day you will exercise. If you do it in the morning, you'll still be fed from your previous UD. If it's in the evening, then, yeah, you'll be toward the end of your "fast" and may feel it more. You'll just have to see how your body feels and reacts.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote