Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dianda
Stats: 145/121/115; 5'3''
Start Date: November 2012
JUDDD and hypoglycemia

Total newbie here!

I've opened a thread in the main lobby to vent my pent-up frustration with my love-hate relationship with low-carb. I love the health benefits, I hate the way it restricts my diet, especially since it really goes against my culture's WOE.

I am low-carbing to lose a little weight (I am about 10 pounds away from my ideal weight) and to manage my reactive hypoglycemia. My main symptom was a constant feeling of hunger and a certain fogginess/lack of concentration all the time - never had extreme dizzyness or fainting spells but it led me to a constant overeating.

So the question is... does JUDDD help with the condition? I'm constantly learning about "alternative" WOE, trying to find the Right One
dianda is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I was never diagnosed, but would often get shaky and feel ill if I was hungry. My first couple of down days were tough, though much easier than I thought they would be. Now I only ever get that feeling when I'm really, truly hungry, not just head-hungry.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

This sounds promising then. It's quite possible that the insuline-regulating magic of JUDDD also treats RH on the long run too I guess
Old 02-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I'm diabetic, but before I was diagnosed would need a nap after carbs, and would experience a racing heart rate. After JUDDDing for a while, I noticed that I had less of a reaction to carbs. My blood sugar still went up & down, but I didn't feel bad, and my hunger was different (more bearable, less desperate).

So, are you considering doing JUDDD instead of low-carb, or both together for a while?

Last edited by piratejenny; 02-02-2013 at 09:22 AM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

I was really frustrated when I wrote this, and I wanted to see if there was an alternative to low carb that could control blood sugar just as well. Now I'm calmer and I think I will both JUDDD and low carb for a while
Old 02-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I encourage you to start by combining JUDDD and LC. Then gradually transition in small portions of carbs - always eaten with balancing fats and proteins. I used the gradual approach and avoided a lot of carb complications like brain fog and exhaustion after eating carbs.

I am moving away from many grains because they cause me to experience acid reflux and bloating. But, for me, rice and potatoes used to be trouble. Now they are just a pleasant and satisfying addition to a meal.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
So the question is... does JUDDD help with the condition? I'm constantly learning about "alternative" WOE, trying to find the Right One
I have had reactive hypoglycemia my entire life. Does JUDDD help this condition? Not sure how to answer that. If you are wanting to never have low blood sugar issues, no matter what "diet" you follow, all meals need to center around a protein. Be it low calorie, JUDDD protein should always be your focus. I have to be very careful on DD's what I choose to eat. If I go for anything carb based early in the day, I am in trouble. I have found that as long as I stick with proteins, I am typically ok. There is an odd DD that I have an issue. I think that happens when my exercise is amped or I maybe the night before my choices weren't ideal. That being said, rarely are any of my DD below 600c. I can't seem to get below that without sending my bloodsugar into a tail spin! HTH

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote