Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
MIA... still here

hi guys! sorry I have been MIA, but my dieting has been hit and miss lately, and using various approaches.

well my good intentions to do the JUDDD Valentines Day Challenge collided with (a) low frustration tolerance at staying stuck in the frikkin fifties for what feels like forever, and (b) some all or none thinking/derailing/binging... which are inextricably linked for me... when my good efforts are not "working", I can fall into "f. it" behaviour.

I also found that I was really carbing up on my UDs, and I know that this approach counts calories, and the nutrition therein is up to our choice, but I thought I would try more of a Paleo approach re more fat, more protein, and less carbs, esp. grains.

That was ok for about 2 weeks, and then felt too restrictive re forbidden foods. And my weight was not really dropping much at all despite in theory being well below my cals burned each day (eg for me, with working out, I should be burning at least 2000 a day, and eating 1500 should have me lose a lb. of fat a week... not so ).

So I started the potato hack 4 days ago, and I intend to keep this up til VDay, with a few dinners added in re a social event tomorrow, and some meals with my son (with me next week)... so far, it is excellent re satiety and dropping bloat... time will tell if this is to do the trick to jumpstart me into the forties. I don't find it too bad so far... miss fruit a little.

Sigh... I have told my BF that I am done with dieting as of July this year, which will be decade since I began (and lost 90 lbs... regained about 35... have lost about 18... and aiming to lose another 15)... and that if I cannot get back into the 130s, and size 4/6, then so be it, I will be in the 140s (hopefully!!!), and size 6/8... I am tired of dieting... but I have a lovely closet full of clothes I am still determined to get back into. But I need an end point to this striving.

so thanks for listening... and helping me lose those 18 lbs on JUDDD... and posting about the potato hack! And you never know, I may go back to JUDDD too, we shall see!

Jan 29-Feb 14: Potato hack (plus dinner every other day)
Feb 15 onward: ? back to JUDDD... or calorie counting with intermittent potato hacks
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Congratulations on your success, Toora!! Size 6/8 is perfect and nothing "settled for" there! Thanks for all of your encouragement too, and I hope to still be JUDDDing to welcome you back if you decide it's right for you.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hope the potato hack shakes thing up for you. I'm trying to get back in my 4Ps, too. We shall see...
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Whatever you need to do for you, that's the right thing.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hi Toora, glad to "see" you again! I know when frustration hits it's so hard to keep going. It sounds like your body did want something different, and you're doing right to try and find the perfect fit. I sure hope the potato hack works for you. I'm set on trying it in mid/late February and would love to do the 10 pounds in 10 or so days. Keep us posted on how you're doing!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
aw you guys are so nice... makes me want to JUDDD just for that!

I am less afraid of semi-fasting than I used to be, that's for sure... and I think that is helping me with this potato hack (mono food) so far. I am also doing a little bit of lower and higher day cals (1000 and 1600, the latter being the days I will have a more "normal" dinner... while BF is such a good sport with my various kicks, I just don't want to get into it with son lol).

and yes, there is nothing at all wrong with size 6/8, I agree... I just wish I didn't have lots of lovely size 4/6s "waiting" for me, for free! And if I have to let them go to make peace with food, more normal eating, maintenance, I will. And meanwhile, I have 5 months to make it happen, so yes, let's hope this hack shakes some stuff loose!

I really do wonder why it seems so much harder to lose weight this time round than 9-10 yrs ago.... menopause? stress? poor sleep (improving)? a low dose of amitryptline re sleep? (I was also on BC pills about 3-4 yrs ago re horrid periods... I have been off for a few years, but I am sure they helped me gain). Anyhow, it is what it is, and I am keeping on keeping on. Glad you all are too, and wishing everyone the best. Will do an update on my hack for sure!
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Toora, I think it's harder for anyone 10 years later (older). The older we get, the more sluggish our metabolism, unfortunately. Even Dr. Johnson's calculator reflects that, allowing less calories for older folks. Ah, well we do get wisdom!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote