Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,396
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
February Daily Chat

Hi JBs it's February already! Here is the place for daily chat.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,422
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Thanks for getting us started, Carly. It's going to be a great month!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,396
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm here in the hospital waiting for DW to be done with the biopsy. It's been an hour so I hope she will be done soon and I can just take her home. This is the 3rd time we've been through this so I'm trying to stay positive.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,323
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Awww, Carly, I'm sorry you're waiting...but I'm glad it's here so it can be done & over for you both! Lots of P&PT coming your way!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,571
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey ladies! Happy February!

I was hoping you experienced JUDDDers could help me out.

This is the end of my 2nd week of JUDDD. I started working out 3.5 weeks ago. I gained 1.5lb the first 2 weeks of Jan (prob from exercise as I was just starting back, and eating LC). The past 2 weeks I seem to be gaining still. Could it be *more* from exercise, or is it JUDDD? I'm not sure this is going to work for me? Has anyone else gained their first few weeks?

I tried JUDDD 6 months ago, and gained 3lbs in the 3 weeks I tried it. I thought it was just my body and maybe not sticking to the pre-made shakes for my DDs. This time I've done mostly shakes and bars on my DDs to make sure I'm hitting my #'s. I do have hormone and thyroid imbalances which make losing weight extra hard for me. But, if I'm going to only eat 500cals EOD I want some kind of reward, KWIM?

What should I do? I was doing only 1800cals on my UDs (based on JUDDDers recommendations not to eat up to the high level the calculator suggested) and then yesterday, a friend suggested I up my UD cals, so I had more than usual on my UD, 2100 cals, and am still up more weight today.

Maybe I'm just being impatient? I've read all the benefits of IF over time and am trying to hang in there. I might be ok if I were STS each day, but gaining while feeling ravenous EOD is not what I bargained for!
__________________
Julie
Prov. 3:5-6 - "He shall direct (my) paths"
Daily updates in my journal. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...s-journal.html
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,396
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Normally on DD I don't drink coffee, but I may walk to the little cafe and get some.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,109
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
to you Carly, and to your DW too. I'm hoping for good news for you both!

Julie, I don't really know what to say other than it sometimes takes a month or even more for JUDDD magic to get started. I lost well the first week, a little the second week, and gained the third week, so it's sort of all over the place. I have learned (well, I'm still learning) to be patient. If you feel the EOD fasting is too difficult, you could try 5:2 for now and see if it's any better. I really believe in the healing power of JUDDD though, and the EOD fasting is what makes it work. Could you try upping your DD calories a little bit and try real food to see if you're more satisfied? Sometimes people actually do need a bit more food on DDs and it takes a while to figure out your own personal sweet spot. I would have been absolutely miserable my first few weeks if I had relied on shakes and bars.
__________________
Dawn

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
May 2014: Still maintaining; taking a stab at HDE/IE
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,422
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I'm here in the hospital waiting for DW to be done with the biopsy. It's been an hour so I hope she will be done soon and I can just take her home. This is the 3rd time we've been through this so I'm trying to stay positive.
Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way for both of you. Waiting is the worst, isn't it?
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,422
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey ladies! Happy February!

I was hoping you experienced JUDDDers could help me out.

This is the end of my 2nd week of JUDDD. I started working out 3.5 weeks ago. I gained 1.5lb the first 2 weeks of Jan (prob from exercise as I was just starting back, and eating LC). The past 2 weeks I seem to be gaining still. Could it be *more* from exercise, or is it JUDDD? I'm not sure this is going to work for me? Has anyone else gained their first few weeks?

I tried JUDDD 6 months ago, and gained 3lbs in the 3 weeks I tried it. I thought it was just my body and maybe not sticking to the pre-made shakes for my DDs. This time I've done mostly shakes and bars on my DDs to make sure I'm hitting my #'s. I do have hormone and thyroid imbalances which make losing weight extra hard for me. But, if I'm going to only eat 500cals EOD I want some kind of reward, KWIM?

What should I do? I was doing only 1800cals on my UDs (based on JUDDDers recommendations not to eat up to the high level the calculator suggested) and then yesterday, a friend suggested I up my UD cals, so I had more than usual on my UD, 2100 cals, and am still up more weight today.

Maybe I'm just being impatient? I've read all the benefits of IF over time and am trying to hang in there. I might be ok if I were STS each day, but gaining while feeling ravenous EOD is not what I bargained for!
Julie, I would bet money that it's the exercise. It causes me to stall and gain sometimes. And another thought I had is, have you increased your carbs since starting JUDDD? If so, it's your body storing glycogen and water. No problem, because once you normalize, the weight will start going back down. Good luck!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
I hope everything goes well Carly, prayers to Dw, and you...
Julie are you eating the 500 calories on DDs? I have always eaten my calculator number on DDs(300 something) and lost, consistently, the day I ate up to 500 I gained 1 point something, after a DD! Maybe that's it?
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,871
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I'm here in the hospital waiting for DW to be done with the biopsy. It's been an hour so I hope she will be done soon and I can just take her home. This is the 3rd time we've been through this so I'm trying to stay positive.
Thinking of you and dw.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!
 
BaileysGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,633
Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hugggs Carly to you and DW!!

Been JUDDDing since Jan 12th and I think I have some magic!!!

I have been dreaming multiple dreams per night, very vivid and I can remember them pretty well.

I feel like I can handle down days even when I know I'll be around people who are eating! We woke up this morning and DH said is today your eat day?? I said nope then he said oh so Sunday won't be either. Nope I told him BUT I'LL BE FINE!! I am gonna see about making myself something Sunday that appears appetizerish for me but is within my calories so I can participate in Superbowl Sunday Food!

Other than that I looked in the mirror this morning and after an UD even though I gained 1 pound, I feel and look trimmer and slimmer!!! It could be black leggings I have on! LOL

Cannot wait to start working out to my Biggest Loser dvd next week!
__________________
Lost on Juddd: 12
UD 1900/DD 400


Natasha


Last edited by BaileysGirl; 02-01-2013 at 10:21 AM..
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,220
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Carly: thinking of you and DW. Hoping and for a good report.

Julie: My bet is that it's the exercise. The scale will register that your muscle tissue is holding on to water and then gradually building. However, it pays off because once you get the muscle built up, your calorie burn will increase and the scale will start going down. Make sure you take time to measure yourself about once a week. If you see the inches going down, you will know you are losing fat and gaining muscle. That's going to work for you in the long run.

Natasha: Yay for JUDD magic! And yay for a slimmer, trimmer YOU!
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I'm here in the hospital waiting for DW to be done with the biopsy. It's been an hour so I hope she will be done soon and I can just take her home. This is the 3rd time we've been through this so I'm trying to stay positive.
I'm sending positive thoughts to you and DW, Carly.

I hope that the biopsy shows that there is no problem; I know that will be a huge weight off your minds. Do you know when you will hear the results?
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Julie, I don't think that I'm typical, but I've come to the conclusion that exercise (other than the walking I do every day) stops my weight loss dead, no matter how little I eat. For some people, that's just an effect of muscles holding onto water, but for me it seems to be more stress than my body can handle (or a cortisol spike), especially if my calorie levels are low, so my body holds onto fat in a panic. I know that exercise is good for our health and mood in general, but as an experiment, can you try dropping the exercise for a week and get extra sleep and drink extra water? That's what helps me, but I'm very weight loss resistent, and your metabolic issues may be different than mine (I'm insulin-resistent and prone to adrenal fatigue).
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,396
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Thank you ladies. We're home now and I guess we'll hear something next week. Feel free to keep the prayers coming.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: WA
Posts: 1,110
Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey ladies! Happy February!

I was hoping you experienced JUDDDers could help me out.

This is the end of my 2nd week of JUDDD. I started working out 3.5 weeks ago. I gained 1.5lb the first 2 weeks of Jan (prob from exercise as I was just starting back, and eating LC). The past 2 weeks I seem to be gaining still. Could it be *more* from exercise, or is it JUDDD? I'm not sure this is going to work for me? Has anyone else gained their first few weeks?

I tried JUDDD 6 months ago, and gained 3lbs in the 3 weeks I tried it. I thought it was just my body and maybe not sticking to the pre-made shakes for my DDs. This time I've done mostly shakes and bars on my DDs to make sure I'm hitting my #'s. I do have hormone and thyroid imbalances which make losing weight extra hard for me. But, if I'm going to only eat 500cals EOD I want some kind of reward, KWIM?

What should I do? I was doing only 1800cals on my UDs (based on JUDDDers recommendations not to eat up to the high level the calculator suggested) and then yesterday, a friend suggested I up my UD cals, so I had more than usual on my UD, 2100 cals, and am still up more weight today.

Maybe I'm just being impatient? I've read all the benefits of IF over time and am trying to hang in there. I might be ok if I were STS each day, but gaining while feeling ravenous EOD is not what I bargained for!
Hi Julie. I'm not doing Judd, but rather just calories in/calories out. I started 12/29 and at the same time started exercising and my weight has bobbed up and down. Another poster stated that when muscles are repairing, it's water that helps them repair; hence our weight goes up.

I googled the topic and she was right. Google "Water weight from exercising". For me, it's important that I get fit - as important as weight loss although that is my goal too. BTY, I did lose three pounds while getting toned and more fit so I'm happy. It's just a slower process.
__________________
MOVING FORWARD!

Sharon
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,422
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Thank you ladies. We're home now and I guess we'll hear something next week. Feel free to keep the prayers coming.
They're continuous!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,571
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Julie: My bet is that it's the exercise. The scale will register that your muscle tissue is holding on to water and then gradually building. However, it pays off because once you get the muscle built up, your calorie burn will increase and the scale will start going down. Make sure you take time to measure yourself about once a week. If you see the inches going down, you will know you are losing fat and gaining muscle. That's going to work for you in the long run.

Natasha: Yay for JUDD magic! And yay for a slimmer, trimmer YOU!
Thanks! I hope that's all it is. Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Julie are you eating the 500 calories on DDs? I have always eaten my calculator number on DDs(300 something) and lost, consistently, the day I ate up to 500 I gained 1 point something, after a DD! Maybe that's it?
The calculator tells me to eat 2243cals on UDs and 561 on my DDs. (465 if I'm doig the 20% weight loss mode, I chose the 25% one). I haven't gone as high on either my DDs or my UDs. I'm probably too new to tweak the #'s too much though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Julie, I would bet money that it's the exercise. It causes me to stall and gain sometimes. And another thought I had is, have you increased your carbs since starting JUDDD? If so, it's your body storing glycogen and water. No problem, because once you normalize, the weight will start going back down. Good luck!
It could be the carbs, although I was eating more carbs than "normal" throughout Dec and Jan before starting JUDDD. I would think 6 weeks of pretty high carb (for me) would get me through that "gain". Maybe a combo of carbs and exercise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Julie, I don't really know what to say other than it sometimes takes a month or even more for JUDDD magic to get started. I lost well the first week, a little the second week, and gained the third week, so it's sort of all over the place. I have learned (well, I'm still learning) to be patient. If you feel the EOD fasting is too difficult, you could try 5:2 for now and see if it's any better. I really believe in the healing power of JUDDD though, and the EOD fasting is what makes it work. Could you try upping your DD calories a little bit and try real food to see if you're more satisfied? Sometimes people actually do need a bit more food on DDs and it takes a while to figure out your own personal sweet spot. I would have been absolutely miserable my first few weeks if I had relied on shakes and bars.
I hope to see some progress before a month. I guess good things come to those who wait, right? But that's a long time to feel hungry w. no results (for me, who can lose 10lbs + in 3 weeks w. hcg). I am toying w. the 5:2. If the losses are slower than JUDDD, I may be in big trouble, but I could probably mentally take that better right now. I don't mind the shakes too much, but miss real food. I'll likely transition today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Julie, I don't think that I'm typical, but I've come to the conclusion that exercise (other than the walking I do every day) stops my weight loss dead, no matter how little I eat. For some people, that's just an effect of muscles holding onto water, but for me it seems to be more stress than my body can handle (or a cortisol spike), especially if my calorie levels are low, so my body holds onto fat in a panic. I know that exercise is good for our health and mood in general, but as an experiment, can you try dropping the exercise for a week and get extra sleep and drink extra water? That's what helps me, but I'm very weight loss resistent, and your metabolic issues may be different than mine (I'm insulin-resistent and prone to adrenal fatigue).
That could be it. I always gain when I add back exercise, but I had hoped I'd added it early enough that this part of my plan wouldn't still have gains involved. I've read that gains usually happen for 2 weeks, and I am 2 weeks beyond that. I love to walk, and would love to ditch the gym! But, I do feel good and know it's good for me to keep working out. I just got back into the habit (not even sure it's a habit yet!) and want to keep it in. I'm afraid to drop it for a bit as I'm unlikely to start it up again. All the initial gain/pain/struggle is tough to go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
Hi Julie. I'm not doing Judd, but rather just calories in/calories out. I started 12/29 and at the same time started exercising and my weight has bobbed up and down. Another poster stated that when muscles are repairing, it's water that helps them repair; hence our weight goes up.

I googled the topic and she was right. Google "Water weight from exercising". For me, it's important that I get fit - as important as weight loss although that is my goal too. BTY, I did lose three pounds while getting toned and more fit so I'm happy. It's just a slower process.
Yep, I definitely gain when I exercise, but I didn't expect it to keep gaining even while "dieting" . I thought maybe the JUDDD "magic" would keep me from gaining, or even help me to lose, even while working out. Not sure what to do w. that?

I am going to do a 5:2 plan for the next few weeks until my workouts are routine and hopefully my body stops gaining weight. Partly b/c I'm hungry and today's a DD and my heart is NOT in it. Partly b/c I hope for the benefits of it and maybe some weight loss eventually. Not sure. I feel like a failure, but wonder if trying JUDDD when I'm just getting back into exercise is an unfair test for any WOE? I think I'm going to try for the 5:2 and then see how that goes.

Thanks again for all your responses, encouragement and support!! What a great group of ladies!! KUTGW!! Happy losses all!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,396
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Julie most of us start with the 20% numbers with no exercise as a starting point and tweak from there. I never did the 500 calorie DD induction since I didn't know about it and just started with 380 which was my 20% DD number at my start weight.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
The calculator tells me to eat 2243cals on UDs and 561 on my DDs. (465 if I'm doig the 20% weight loss mode, I chose the 25% one). I haven't gone as high on either my DDs or my UDs. I'm probably too new to tweak the #'s too much though.
:
That looks like a lot of calories, I think you weigh less than me, don't you?
My weight is 171, and my UD calories are 1840 and DD calories are 324. I thought if you weigh less, your calories would be less, no?
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,396
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
That looks like a lot of calories, I think you weigh less than me, don't you?
My weight is 171, and my UD calories are 1840 and DD calories are 324. I thought if you weigh less, your calories would be less, no?
Yes- unless really young or really tall. Those numbers sound high to me too.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member
 
Hopefulsweigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 624
Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/149/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - January 2014
Carly - Hope all is well with DW!

Is this a breast issue?
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,396
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulsweigh View Post
Carly - Hope all is well with DW!

Is this a breast issue?
Yes...
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member
 
Hopefulsweigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 624
Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/149/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Yes...
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,396
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Thanks Hope
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #27
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,491
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I'm here in the hospital waiting for DW to be done with the biopsy. It's been an hour so I hope she will be done soon and I can just take her home. This is the 3rd time we've been through this so I'm trying to stay positive.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #28
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,491
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I'm ridiculously antsy to hit goal this month. It's really silly too because when I first started my goal was to get to goal by Memorial Day (when we start sailing for the summer). I'm way ahead of schedule, and so impatient right now
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #29
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,109
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
That's exactly how I was feeling in January. Honestly, I think it really helped me to bump my goal up a little and just accept I was there. I've since lost 3 more pounds! For me, the mental aspect gets in the way. I think I can stress myself right out of WLM. That, and evil, evil exercise.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 103
Gallery: purepink
Stats: 150/123/110 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/25/2012
Sara, I know what you mean! It's crazy, because two months ago I would have done anything to be at the weight I am now! And now that I'm here, all I can think about it is getting down to goal weight.. I wish my brain would change its mindset to be impressed by what my body has accomplished so far, but it's hard when I have a set goal in mind. All that being said.. you should be so proud for what you've accomplished!
purepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.