Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's DD and I seem to have gastro. What do I do? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/795811-its-dd-i-seem-have-gastro-what-do-i-do.html)

sorenkkg 01-30-2013 04:19 PM

It's DD and I seem to have gastro. What do I do?

Hi guys
The fun never ends for me this year. I'm on a business trip to CA, and woke up this morning puking and having other "gastric distress" .

I got sent home from work even :(

So, aside from water and no cal gatorade/vitamin water.... Should i attempt toast, or a banana?

Or just stick to liquids? The interwebs said no dairy, and do "BRAT" if i do eat. I haven't puked in at least 6 hrs.

Advice please :)
S

jaymar 01-30-2013 04:27 PM

I'm sorry, I just saw this...sure hope you're feeling better....my first thought was could you have caught a stomach bug...If it is, I guess the best thing is to try something light like crackers or toast..I used to have a lot of gastric problems, but when I started taking two probiotics, faithfully, I rarely have any trouble...the thing is with a stomach virus..you never know, but usually they only last about a day...Feel better soon, Soren.

KeirasMom 01-30-2013 04:28 PM

I rarely puke, but when I do, I let my cravings guide me. Seriously, sometimes I want the BRAT diet, and sometimes I want a juicy hamburger. I know it doesn't sound right, but it's what works for me.

My mom always made us spaghetti when we were sick ~ she said it was the only thing that tasted the same coming up as it did going down. I hope that didn't make you hurl again. :hugs:

sorenkkg 01-30-2013 04:48 PM

Thanks Jay and lol Dawn :p

The mini mart at the hotel only has pretzels and honey grahams. I wanted a banana, ah well. I'll try a couple of what I have and more fluids.

Carly 01-30-2013 04:58 PM

Feel better:console:
There are some terrible bugs going around.
If you feel like eating maybe start with the simplest/ blandest choice you have available. Do you have co-worker that could go out and get you something?

TryingJudd 01-30-2013 05:20 PM

Ugh. Sorry you are afflicted. The novo virus (noro virus???) has been running around my office and it is nasty. Lot's o'puking, sometimes for days. Weakness after (duh). Be very kind to yourself and hydrate! I hope it passes quickly!

Sammyann 01-31-2013 03:33 AM

I hope you are feeling better today. :console:

Carly 01-31-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammyann (Post 16230661)
I hope you are feeling better today. :console:

Me too!

gotsomeold 01-31-2013 04:42 AM

:console: First and foremost, keep hydrated!!!

I usually go for sipping ginger tea or watered down ginger ale.

LoCarbGal 01-31-2013 07:57 AM

Oh, poor Soren! You have really had a bad time lately with bugs. I hope you're feeling better today too. Do you get to go home today? Maybe getting on a plane is not so appealing right now though. Feel better!

sorenkkg 02-04-2013 09:25 AM

Hi gang!

i'm home! :D

I was still sick on thursday and friday last week, but no puking :sick: (at least, that I remember). In the end, I started munching some pretzels on the wednesday, and that stayed down.
Lots of sugar-free vitamin water mixed with regular water...

Thursday night, was a bit hungry, and so of course, picked the wrong foods... Friday morning was rough again, but I got through it and learned my lesson (no macaroni and cheese, and tuna salad... I know, I'm an idiot sometimes...)

Pretzels and naked noodles on the plane on the way home, and lots of gingerale.

I slept 12hrs on Friday/Saturday, and again Saturday night....

I'm finally feeling mostly normal today!

Let's hope this is IT for 2013 illnesses!
:hugs: you guys are the BEST!!!
:heart:
S.

Kissa 02-04-2013 11:11 AM

So pleased to read you are on the mend. You have had a tough 2013 so far!

svenskamae 02-04-2013 01:20 PM

You've earned at least the rest of 2013 to be illness free, and maybe 2014, too. I'm glad that you are home and feeling better. Continue to take care of yourself--lots of rest and fluids, if you can do that.

sorenkkg 02-04-2013 01:56 PM

from your lips svenska! :aprayer:

I'm almost done with my 2nd liter of water today... :)
S.

Carly 02-04-2013 05:05 PM

Glad you are feeling better and those little bugs better stay away from you for at least the next 11 mos and then some.